If you were planning to go to school at Hogwarts..

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female

Zypher

Can I transfer you to my manager?
Invitation Status
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced
Male, Female
Genres
Adventure stories! They can be fantasy, modern, sci-fi, all kinds! Give me some good world travel stories and I'm all over it! I also enjoy romance stories and even though I tend to play females I love playing gay men.
Don't they get a new list of things they need to buy each year too? Times that by 7 years they have to go and they can wrack up quite a bill...

They probably have scholarships or something...and I wonder what the exchange rate was for Hermione's parents?

O

Ochalla

Not just Ron, but six children they put through. Both parents are alumni which must help some. They must have also had one of those savings plans when the kids were born. Scholarships and penny pinching.

Spammy

Swagolor Approved
Male
Well. They are always being shown as pretty damn poor. Perhaps the school costs are the cause of the poorness.

Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
I wonder if their is like....a community college version of Hogwarts? It's like very witch and wizard (from that area) went to Hogwarts? Is there no other option!?

Spammy

Swagolor Approved
Male
I wonder if their is like....a community college version of Hogwarts? It's like very witch and wizard (from that area) went to Hogwarts? Is there no other option!?
There were other schools in Europe(and presumably across the rest of the world), but I think Hogwarts is the nearest option for people in England.

Vay

The Empress
Male, Female
Genres
Mostly Fantasy and Sci-fi, though I’ll do anything if the plot is good.
Ron's dad works for the ministry, make they have a schooling allowance. Also those are priced as they are on our market, I.E specialty items. If there were more demand for then in regular use I'm sure there would be greater supply and the prices would be lower.

Fiona

Queen of Awk
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Female
Genres
Romance and smut are pretty much requirements for me at this point. Settings range from fantasy to historical fantasy to modfan, but I tend to stay within that umbrella. I have a soft spot for some fandom settings, but tastes with regards to those are specific.
Other than the different equipment they need from year to year, I don't think the students actually need to pay their way in Hogwarts. Isn't it just magical ability that gets you in there? I think Rowling said something along the lines of that in an interview somewhere, maybe I'm mistaken. *shrug*

Might be different for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang cos they seem a bit more "private school" than Hogwarts does, or maybe that's just me.

D

Darkness

Shit, Diana, you're thirty, why do you make this kind of posts?

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
He's just upset because they don't let dark people go to Hogwarts. *Pats Darkness on the shoulder*

:)

F

Fel of the Eternal Forest

I learned wizardry all on my own

We had a thunderstorm last night and I tried to diminish it with a pack of cigarettes...

Blind Hemingway

A former executive or something.
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
The school's funding is free, JK Rowling said so therefore this is according to the word of God in literature. Its more likely that the class requirements are the most expensive part of the costs.

Spammy

Swagolor Approved
Male
Shit, Diana, you're thirty, why do you make this kind of posts?
She's getting married, so she wants to know how much it'll cost to send her kid to wizarding school if it turns out to be magical.

X

xmelesiox

Maybe Ron's parents had the Gerber Grow Up Plan. Since its life insurance that turns into something a child can pull from for college maybe the ministry covered the cost of insuring the kids since it is kind of a state position.

O

Ochalla

The school's funding is free, JK Rowling said so therefore this is according to the word of God in literature. Its more likely that the class requirements are the most expensive part of the costs.
So there are wizard taxes? I mean those teachers aren't doing it for free.

Blind Hemingway

A former executive or something.
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
NEVER
Writing Levels
Adept, Douche
Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
We're assuming they do things exactly how we run things. :P

O

Ochalla

They seem to like their gold enough which inclines me to believe they have some for of commerce. At the very least the teacher must be getting something put of teaching and keeping the castle functioning.