If you ran your own website...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a few and then got lazy and moved them to google sites. All uniformology ones, yay.

I would like to have a site dedicated to new and fresh ideas in the world of science.

You see, this is how I feel about it. I know a lot of mechanics that can do everything and more than those who actually get a masters in mechanics. The same for programming. But, they can't get real jobs because they don't have them. I think it's foolish in this day and age that you pretty much have to have a piece of paper saying you know what you're talking about to get anyone to listen.

Everyone has their own ideas, theories and perceptions. I would like to build a community of those whom don't go to college (or don't have the means to) to have a chance to put out their ideas and discoveries without ridicule and dismissiveness, to bring people together on certain subjects and work together discovering new truths in reality. Or even those who are in college and their ideas aren't taken seriously.

I also would like to have a large establishment for this same purpose too.

I actually used to run a website for a group of friends who I used to roleplay with, there were about 7 or 8 of us, who all took certain parts of running the website, but eventually it all fell on my shoulders, I know how much of a hassle it can be, But its a labor of love, it's probably one of the only instant gratification jobs out there, considering you get to see your hard work get put to use almost immediately. Which is always nice, haha.

Honestly, in High School, I wanted to run a Harry Potter site. Complete with sorting, having forums in each house, PLUS having a Great Hall forum AND doing classes and other activities. It was in Roleplay style too. You did everything as one character. *laughs*

I did a sample one and had a few friends do it. They loved the idea and the sorting.. but they lost interest in RPing. They weren't RP people... Sad sad day. ;D

And... I did have a website about my stories... didn't go far with that because I was terrible at updating. Plus the whole I didn't have time at the time thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.