If you could design your own dream home...

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Look, I am a daydreamer. (◉,◉) I basically sit around on my branch thinking about all the things I desire and how I plan to get them. One of my favorites is my perfect dream home.

My first thought is always A CASTLE. But that's just the outward appearance. O: There are so many little details that go into a perfect dream home, from the style of kitchen, to what you want in your bathroom, to whether or not having a fountain inside the house is a good idea.

What would your DREAM HOME look like? What kind of rooms and features would you have? Landscaping? Pillows? GIVE THE DEETS.

I always used to think I wanted a ginormous home, but now that I am adult and have to clean my own house, I have decided a more modest space would be less trouble. Unless I had a live in butler and maid. (◉◇◉) But I am kinda cheap and scurred of people, so it'll likely be me cleaning my own house.

I def want a fireplace. And a swimming pool. Ó,Ò And a glass sunroom for inside plants. My kitchen will obvs need to be huge because I do a lot of cooking, and have a cool bar space for my collection of liquor i rarely drink! And a nice big walkin pantry. I want a separate room for my damn laundry machines because i am so dang tired of them always being in kitchens or bedrooms. Ò◇Ó I'd like a "formal" living room where we put strangers who visit. And then a "den" where my BADASS TV AND SURROUND SOUND are setup. My hubbo and I will need separate computer offices. ù,ú His will be a gaming oasis with his many weapons on display. Mine will be a library of books with a small computer space and a reading nook. I guess we need a workout room too cause we're old and need to exercise and none of us will go to a gym.

You know what. We need a cats-only room. A room of cat trees and toys and their litter boxes and is all for them.

A 4 bedroom house would be nice, cause I like to have family and guests visit and have their own place to sleep. ⊙,⊙ The master bedroom will be glorious. Space for a king sized bed and additional furniture like dressers and wardrobes. I don't really care about having a giant closet, but I do want one of those spacious spa-like bathrooms! A separate standing shower. A giant walk in garden tub with jets. A tiny potty-room where the toilet is separate so we can still do our bathroom stuff while someone is on the potty. A cool vanity for my once a year makeup spree.

I kinda want a basement and walkable attic space just because I'd like having SPOOKY AREAS of the house I can tell people are haunted. and also I guess they are good for storing holiday decor. And I guess we need a two car garage. Ò,ú So we have somewhere to put the party-van and gibs' future motorcycle.

And don't even get me started on the outside gardens. Cause that's gonna be an o r d e a l.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Weeeeelllll....if money and sensibility are no object then....

I've always wanted a Victorian style home with a wrap around porch and two turrets. I'd want one of those turrets to be part of the master bedroom, so i can sit there all cozied up with a good book and look out at the obviously stunning landscape that would be sprawled out before me. I want a master bath with a deep soaker tub, preferably with jacuzzi feature and separate shower, dual sinks and lots of storage. I'd like to have a lot of extra bedroom for guests (Maybe 5?) I'd love a walk up attic with built in bunks for the grankids. A finished basement complete with play area and family fun (Since we're dreaming might as well have a movie room in there with sun seats and a popcorn maker). I ned a large kitchen with tons of storage and counter space. A large island for making cookies and kneading bread and for the grandkids to sit around and steal raw cookie dough and lick beaters. An office space on the main floor (again with a turret) where I could have a nice library with a ladder and all to get to the high shelves. The livingroom would be large with the focal point being a working wood burning fireplace and several small seating areas for people to congregate and talk or play games. I want also off the kitchen a breakfast nook for smaller groups and a large dining room for when everyone is home. It would be spectacular if it opened up into a four season room where anyone could sit and watch the rain or snow while sipping cocoa, coffee, or tea. (Because of course this home in located in the mountains in Vermont) If I had a pool I'd want it to be inside the four season room where I could use it all year round. I'd also like to have a long drive to the house that was lines with flowering trees and a circle drive one you left that. A pretty walkable garden like they have in England would be wonderful as well (but I'd have to hire a gardener because I kill any green thing I touch). We'd need a large garage because my BF loves to tinker with cars. So at least a 4 car garage would be necessary.

So basically I need to win the mega million...

And well..the only thing I'd like MORE than this...is to buy a castle in Scotland or Ireland...oh to dream...

Tiny house with greenhouse and great use of space and little compartments on a quiet Hawaiian beach :3 Made of sustainable and recylable materials, lotsa bamboo furniture and cabinets too!

I'd want to live somewhere small and simple, to minimise cleaning aha. But I've always wanted to have autumn leaves painted on my walls, I think it'd be super chill. I'd also like to have an entire cabinet dedicated to displaying merch, but merch is expensive T.T

For many years now, I've had in my head a concept I call "The Airlock Home". It would start with a minimum of 100 acres (my own Hundred Acre Wood), in the middle of which, on high ground, the House would be built. It would start with an Inner Sanctum, a literal Safe Room, hidden in the center. A place with bed, bath, very small kitchen, and a space for my firearms collection... space to put all my valuables, all the things I wouldn't want to lose. Around this, the House itself, and around the house, a dome (made with industrial foam). This dome would incorporate a Faraday Cage, and would be covered on the outside by the same tiles the Space Shuttle used. Between dome and House, a garden/terrarium space... the dome's top, a skylight/light pipe system, guiding light into the garden/Home space. Because the outer dome would have no windows, only a system of cameras, able to give a 360 degree view of the surrounding space. The Home inside would have both real windows, looking out into the garden space, and video windows, to provide a view outside the dome. All of these cameras would be connected to a monitor/recording system in the Inner Sanctum. So I'd be able to record the change in seasons, and whatever other activity takes place outside the dome.

Oh, can't forget the garage! Minimum six-car, with full tool-set/service bay for all vehicles, four-wheel, three-wheel, two-wheel... gas and electric. This garage would be separate, with an enclosed connecting corridor/walkway to the House, so no need to expose myself to the weather. It would also have a small apartment up above, as a guest space or retreat, should I be working in the garage, and (given I'm not a youngster) need a place to rest/relax/refresh. This garage would also be covered in Space Shuttle tiles. It would also be a "drive thru" garage, with doors on both sides, so I never have the back out. And yes, a circular driveway, to serve that purpose. So no matter which way I come in the driveway, I can drive straight out again.

The Home itself would start with an entryway, with inner and outer doors... reason I call it The Airlock Home, because you open one door at a time, so no matter the weather, you never dump your air conditioning or heat out the front door. Or let anything blow in. This space would be the highlight of the garden, with a bench to sit on, to remove your muddy shoes, with a "tree" to hang your wet coat on... yes, you could just use the garage, and not get muddy/wet, but where's the fun in that? This entryway would abut the garage corridor. Why? Because, at the end of this corridor, there would be a hose-able bathroom, with an open "rainstorm" shower, and other usual amenities. The entryway would also have an access point to the corridor, and to the facilities it leads to. Which would include access to a huge walk-in pantry, so... unload your groceries, whether in the garage or open front parking, and you will be able to access this bathroom, and the pantry... and next to the pantry back-entrance, a prep area, where you can sort things, wash your fruits and veggies, get everything ready. Then into the pantry with dry goods and other non-perishables... then out the other side of the pantry, into the kitchen, for perishables and anything you want refrigerated/frozen. So yes, if you use the corridor, you can access the main House through the pantry/kitchen, or enter the entryway Airlock Space/garden. From the entryway, itself, you would enter the living room. All the flooring inside would be bamboo (with lightly grooved/textured non-slip finish), the living room walls would be laminated white pine, with oak furnishings, a "flame-less" fireplace/heater the center-point, with places to display firearms/swords/knives for handy access, places to sit and read (and keep a few ready books/magazines) and otherwise relax/wind down. No TV! And given the Inner Sanctum and Outer Dome, the layout of rooms would be circular, with the library/computer room next in a clockwise direction. After that, the master bedroom/bath (with a Captain's Bed center-stage). Then the entertainment/theater room, with a huge wide screen flat-panel display, seating and refreshment bar. Followed by what you might class a "veranda" room, with a glass wall/door to allow you to enjoy the garden. After that, continuing clockwise, would be a storage/possibles room, a place to store, display odds and ends... perhaps think of it as a hobby/crafts room, a place to work on small projects.......

Haven't laid it out, but by now, things would probably lead next to the area where the garage corridor connects... basically back to the kitchen, then around to the living room again. Part of that bath/prep room area would also be the wash-room/laundry-room, big enough for not only washer/dryer, but for hamper space, clothes-folding tables, hanging rods and the like... like supplies for taking care of loose/lost buttons, and other minor mending tasks. With a place to also care for shoes and any weather-related clothing/gear, for storage, cleaning and repair. Oh, and lots of nooks and cubby space/shelving scattered about! For nick-nacks, collectibles and more books.

Can't think of much else I'd need.

For many years now, I've had in my head a concept I call "The Airlock Home". It would start with a minimum of 100 acres (my own Hundred Acre Wood), in the middle of which, on high ground, the House would be built. It would start with an Inner Sanctum, a literal Safe Room, hidden in the center. A place with bed, bath, very small kitchen, and a space for my firearms collection... space to put all my valuables, all the things I wouldn't want to lose. Around this, the House itself, and around the house, a dome (made with industrial foam). This dome would incorporate a Faraday Cage, and would be covered on the outside by the same tiles the Space Shuttle used. Between dome and House, a garden/terrarium space... the dome's top, a skylight/light pipe system, guiding light into the garden/Home space. Because the outer dome would have no windows, only a system of cameras, able to give a 360 degree view of the surrounding space. The Home inside would have both real windows, looking out into the garden space, and video windows, to provide a view outside the dome. All of these cameras would be connected to a monitor/recording system in the Inner Sanctum. So I'd be able to record the change in seasons, and whatever other activity takes place outside the dome.

Oh, can't forget the garage! Minimum six-car, with full tool-set/service bay for all vehicles, four-wheel, three-wheel, two-wheel... gas and electric. This garage would be separate, with an enclosed connecting corridor/walkway to the House, so no need to expose myself to the weather. It would also have a small apartment up above, as a guest space or retreat, should I be working in the garage, and (given I'm not a youngster) need a place to rest/relax/refresh. This garage would also be covered in Space Shuttle tiles. It would also be a "drive thru" garage, with doors on both sides, so I never have the back out. And yes, a circular driveway, to serve that purpose. So no matter which way I come in the driveway, I can drive straight out again.

The Home itself would start with an entryway, with inner and outer doors... reason I call it The Airlock Home, because you open one door at a time, so no matter the weather, you never dump your air conditioning or heat out the front door. Or let anything blow in. This space would be the highlight of the garden, with a bench to sit on, to remove your muddy shoes, with a "tree" to hang your wet coat on... yes, you could just use the garage, and not get muddy/wet, but where's the fun in that? This entryway would abut the garage corridor. Why? Because, at the end of this corridor, there would be a hose-able bathroom, with an open "rainstorm" shower, and other usual amenities. The entryway would also have an access point to the corridor, and to the facilities it leads to. Which would include access to a huge walk-in pantry, so... unload your groceries, whether in the garage or open front parking, and you will be able to access this bathroom, and the pantry... and next to the pantry back-entrance, a prep area, where you can sort things, wash your fruits and veggies, get everything ready. Then into the pantry with dry goods and other non-perishables... then out the other side of the pantry, into the kitchen, for perishables and anything you want refrigerated/frozen. So yes, if you use the corridor, you can access the main House through the pantry/kitchen, or enter the entryway Airlock Space/garden. From the entryway, itself, you would enter the living room. All the flooring inside would be bamboo (with lightly grooved/textured non-slip finish), the living room walls would be laminated white pine, with oak furnishings, a "flame-less" fireplace/heater the center-point, with places to display firearms/swords/knives for handy access, places to sit and read (and keep a few ready books/magazines) and otherwise relax/wind down. No TV! And given the Inner Sanctum and Outer Dome, the layout of rooms would be circular, with the library/computer room next in a clockwise direction. After that, the master bedroom/bath (with a Captain's Bed center-stage). Then the entertainment/theater room, with a huge wide screen flat-panel display, seating and refreshment bar. Followed by what you might class a "veranda" room, with a glass wall/door to allow you to enjoy the garden. After that, continuing clockwise, would be a storage/possibles room, a place to store, display odds and ends... perhaps think of it as a hobby/crafts room, a place to work on small projects.......

Haven't laid it out, but by now, things would probably lead next to the area where the garage corridor connects... basically back to the kitchen, then around to the living room again. Part of that bath/prep room area would also be the wash-room/laundry-room, big enough for not only washer/dryer, but for hamper space, clothes-folding tables, hanging rods and the like... like supplies for taking care of loose/lost buttons, and other minor mending tasks. With a place to also care for shoes and any weather-related clothing/gear, for storage, cleaning and repair. Oh, and lots of nooks and cubby space/shelving scattered about! For nick-nacks, collectibles and more books.

Can't think of much else I'd need.
Did you mean to post this in this thread?

Glad we could clarify...