Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance, GOT
I recently started doing .gif art for avatars and such and I really enjoy it, but I realized that Iwaku doesn't support gifs as avatars...

Just thinking this should be implemented. IT'd be really fun to see and I think it would expand the possibilities for creativity exponentially.

HFetE7T.gif

Avatar gifs are supported, but they get broken when it has to be resized. See this FAQ entry for an explanation of those limits.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lylith
I don't understand how resizing breaks it but I'll give it a try...

Yeah, not that great.

It'd be nice to have proper gifs supported. Maybe with 1MB size limit as long as it's a gif file.

This 200mb thing is disappointing. By the time you scale the image down and remove all but like, five frames, your avatar looks like crap...

Part of the current limits on avatars and signatures, as I understand it, are to limit the resource load for individuals with limited bandwidth or internet speeds to still be able to access the site in a relatively decent time and without going through all their data.

I know it seems inconvenient, but admittedly, it helps x.x" i've seen what gif trends do to a site... i like being able to actually read threads o.o"

Reactions: Navuso
I suppose.

Part of the current limits on avatars and signatures, as I understand it, are to limit the resource load for individuals with limited bandwidth or internet speeds to still be able to access the site in a relatively decent time and without going through all their data.

I know it seems inconvenient, but admittedly, it helps x.x" i've seen what gif trends do to a site... i like being able to actually read threads o.o"
Pretty much this, yes. High-quality .GIFs slow down page loading times and are a strain on bandwidth/data.

If a file exceeds the size limits, it is automatically resized by the forum when it's uploaded as an avatar. When you resize .GIFs without a program that's made to re-scale the animations, you wind up with a static image. The forum software isn't made to account for that.

• Useful
Reactions: Lylith
Status
Not open for further replies.