If there are so many reality shows....

Would you join a reality RP?

• No. Because I'm awesome.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes. Because I'm awesome.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don't know, depends on what's in it...

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • We can DO THAT?..... Why would you want to, though? That's boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because I don't think it would work.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Yes, because I could see it working.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
There are so many, SO MANY reality shows on TV now and days.

So why are there no RPs like this?

Closest I've seen are high-school RPs back when I was a Gaian. Those, no offense, sucked balls. What I want to know is, would you make/participate in a reality RP? Why do you think one hasn't been made yet? What would the plot be if you made one?

ANSAH NAO!

From being such a veteran of Gaia, (Now it's a cash cow. -_-''), that a good majority make reality RPs with a twist. The general idea for someone making an RP is to escape reality, or to dream up something so strange, so outlandish, so wonderful that it couldn't happen in the current time.

Nice! But I'm talking about a NORMAL, HUMAN RP... like... actually similar to reality shows.

The horror?

Yeah, don't see how "Normal" reality shows even take off. Who wants to watch a bunch of people go about their daily lives, as we ourselves do the same. (BTW stuff like survivor is more a game show to me) I look for an escape, something that ISN'T what I do at work everyday. Even video games that are too close to modern day to me aren't appealing (here's to you modern warfare!)
In an RP I basically want to do something I can't normally do in real life, like crawl around in a dungeon, or destroy the enemies of the emperor (blessed be his name).

I guess I'm pretty much restating Miru's post but that's how i feel on the subject.

Depends on what you mean by "reality roleplay". If you mean a roleplay based on real lifey type stuff, nothing that wouldn't happen in reality, and just roleplays out the daily life of people... Yes. XD I enjoy those.

But if you mean a roleplay about people doing a reality series... That in concept might be interesting too!

Otherwise... how on earth would you do a reality roleplay? o___o; Roleplay is playing pretend, and Reality TV is supposed to be Real Stuff, no pretending or acting. (they sooo lie about it now though.. >>)

I mean, a rp about a reality show, or something to that line. What if two people won a contest and were stuck with the press up their asses for the rest of their lives?

solved in three easy steps

1. Kill the paparazzi
2. ???
3. Profit

First RP I ever joined was about girls in college, living the college life. I loved it! Easy RP to keep up with and I could just be myself.

Yeah! I agree with Clochan <3 Those are the kinds of reality roleplays that come my mind, too! Highschool, college settings or real-life styled experiences. They're just as dramatic and twistable as regular roleplays, just a little closer to home :P

Good, good! I like those answers!

Just like Di said, there is a difference between reality show and playing as if in a reality show.

I for one absolutely despise practiaclly every single reality show. (All but Mythbusters seeing as it as marked as one but I feel that is more sciency and worth watching) So that's a no from me for a reality show RP.

As for playing as if in a reality show...I can't say I'd play it but I support it.

On a different forum I seldom RP on anymore, we came up with a parody of the Real World but had 1980s and early 1990s cartoon characters as the real life people living together. Skelator and Capt. Planet in the same room........

Huh. I think up sequences, following a reasonable plot with a "reality" twist and end up with Karos dueling Jax in the Apex Temple.

Didn't Odd do an roleplay some all of us concerning how we would be together in real life? Or was that with fantasy elements?

As for joining one... I could see it happeneing, but I'd probably play Boston Rob and rape another character. :/ With work and a sufficiently entertaining idea, I'd look into it.

I would not be able to kill the corpse god's followers would I?

*executes vay for heresy*

not likely, unless you rp'd a warhammer40k player.