If the SCP Foundation were a high school drama...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Theta Vanish

Original poster
Lately, I had been watching multiple anime series on the streaming site Crunchyroll. Titles such as "Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu," "Ah, My Goddess," "Medaka Box," "Rosario Vampire," and so on have graced my screen and I found myself thoroughly entertained by the notion of love evolving in the midst of growing maturity and strife.

At the same time, I had become a reader of SCP wikis and a player of the freeware game, "SCP Containment Breach." For those unfamiliar, the SCP Foundation is an organization who secretly works to SECURE objects and creatures that defy the laws of nature or are just plain dangerous to be around, CONTAIN them in a place so that they won't escape and scientists can further examine how they work, and PROTECT humanity from the dangers that could arise if any of them are exposed to the general population. Their subjects are given a classification of Safe, Euclid, or Keter depending on danger level. (Http://www.scp-wiki.net/)

Then the idea hits me: what if the two concepts crossed over?

Ultimately, the concept would unfold into a group roleplay where role players take on the roles of students in a special high school level academy designed to house the superhuman and inhuman. Students are differentiated by ID numbers printed on the ID cards; the inhuman students get an SCP designation code and regular human stufents get a number of D-XXXX. There will be at least one regular human in there, but it's certainly possible to introduce other humans in the story. Other characters will be adaptions of the SCPs being handled there.

Here is an example of an adaption for SCP-173

scp_173_by_kenshiro549-d5brx4s.png

(Http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173 has more details)

V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Name: Nui Hurahara
Student ID#: SCP-173
Build: Small, relatively a notch bigger than a lolita-type
Year: Junior
Personality: Nui Hurahara Is an interesting girl to deal with. She tends to stay in the backdrop and acts very shy when in the presence of a group. Her anxiety can even be enough to effectively paralyze her if too many people bring their attention to her; on rare occasion, the stress will make her cry. However, she is very affectionate towards the few she can call friends. She will surprise them from behind with strong hugs and seemingly appear from nowhere to tag along if her friends' activities catch her interest. At the same time, she doesn't always know the extent of her strength. On more than one occasion, her affection is resulted in accidental serious injuries, one of which nearly killed a man. Nui is currently undergoing extensive training and monitoring to ensure that her behavior stays within the realm of human capacity or else risk being contained in near total solitude from physical human interactions. At the end of the day, her untapped strength and small stature become a two-fold detractor for most students; they're either afraid of her or just find her weak and useless inside, and it fuels the anxiety she struggles with.
Hobbies: Acoustic guitar, gaming, drawing, people watching, reading up on popular shonen mangas
Image:
1391670407774.jpg

*brushes away effort sweat*

Whew, that was a hell of a text wall. Anyway, I think you guys get the point. This will hopefully be a romantic comedy type roleplay and, if it interests you, pick an SCP and design a character adapted from its qualities! Drop it here! We can work out the details of everything as we talk.

Do you mind if I join? Seems very interesting ^^

O.o Someone actually found this interesting? *falls over* Alright! Submit a character sheet in this thread. If that character is an SCP adaption, list the original SCP wiki link and follow it with the adaption in the format above.

Status
Not open for further replies.