If It Isn't Her

Sam smiled a little at the expression on Amber's face, but she was a little disappointed that Alex wasn't as excited. She had hoped to give them an experience. She loved having new experiences herself, though timid with them.

"You take photography, right?"

Sam jumped, startled that she was being spoken too.

"Ah, yes, I do."

"I knew it." Alex breathed as she stared at the empty floor, folding her arms as she leaned on a nearby post - her blonde hair fell into a mess as it hit the solid matter "Visual art. Art of any type, is always something worth being proud of. Hah." she chuckled to herself. She didn't know why, but the fact gave her light to admire the Irivington the slightest. Just the slightest.

"So when's the ride coming? It's been a while."

Amber started getting excited again, having been distracted a little by Alex's musing on Sam's talents.

"Yeah, I really want to see the limo!"

Sam opened her mouth when a limo pulled out in front of them and a gentleman got out of the driver's seat.

"I apologize for being late, Miss," he said with a small smile.

Sam smiled widely. "It's perfectly all right, we were just getting here ourselves."

The driver seemed relieved and opened the door. Inside the seats were leather and there were two seats that faced each other, each sitting up to three people. Sam entered and sat with her back to the driver's area. Amber was quick to slide in next, looking around in amazement and wonder.

"And this is a small limo?" she asked.

"Well, it's certanly bigger than your brain. Yeah." Alex muttered as he slid onto the seat opposite of them, making herself comfortable beside the window, and began staring a distance. In truth, she had never been in a limo before and this was all new to her -- she was just not used to all of this, all of this... Rich people props. In a way, she did feel fancy, she watched customers come and go to the restaurant riding in these vehicles. It was nice to finally know what if feel like.

She took a deep breath, inhaling the car's scent before popping one of her earphones in her ear and turn on her iPod. As the tune waved into her ears, she began thinking about how she complimented Sam about her photography talents... It was not unusual for her to compliment people who are into art, but it's unusual for her to compliment people she didn't really like much.

Why did she do that?

The car ride didn't take long, and Sam let out a sigh of relief when she saw that only the front room light was on. That usually meant that the house was empty. Probably because the kitchen staff was out shopping, and her parents were called away. If she was lucky they'd be out all evening.

The driver stopped the car and jumped out to open the door, and Sam motioned for her guests to get out first before she joined them and led the way into the rather large house. It was only two stories, but it was vast in other ways.

"Ah, shall we get right into business?" she asked nervously.

Alex stepped out of the car and looked around, it was everything she thought it was: big. It was a fairly large house, from the structure it looked like it was two stories and but it was wide enough for the levels to be ignored. She carefully studied the design of the house, the structures, the build, and the overall impression - which was 'I am rich, so my house is this big'.

She looked to Sam, answering her question "Lead the way, Irvington."

Sam was glad that she could skip a tour, but was relieved too soon.

"Tour!" Amber exclaimed. "Can we go on a tour? I've never seen a house like this before..."

Sam sighed but nodded.

"All right, I guess we can go on a small tour..." Sam said meekly. She looked at Alex. "Would you like to see the house as well?"

Alex turned to Sam slowly, processing the words the woman had told her when she was observing her house. She was so focused on it's architecture that she was only half-paying attention to what the girl beside her had said. But luckily, she caught the words 'see the house' while in her daze. She studied Sam for a moment, trying to think of how to answer a question she only heard parts of. She eyed Amber beside her, who was excitement written on her face --- she was like a kid, and Alex often thought Amber was an embarassing companion.

She averted her gaze to Sam, nodding "Alright, show and tell it is." she said, outstretching a hand towards the entrance door -- gesturing for Sam to go first before the two of them.

Sam swallowed down her nerves and looked for a place to start.

"Ah... This is the, formal living room," she said, leading them to the room that was open to the foyer. She let them get a good look, and then led them down a very wide hall to show off a large bathroom as well as another room on the right side of the hall and the kitchen and a study on the left side of the hall with a rather large den at the end of the hall.

They returned to the foyer, and Sam touched a door. "This is to my father's home office in the basement. It also serves as the library."

Then came there stairs.

"We have four bedrooms upstairs. The master bedroom," Sam pointed at the far end of the wide expanse of hall that was shaped like a pentagon and the door to the master bedroom was the tip of the pentagon. "Right next to the stairs," she motioned to their right, "is the bathroom. Then it goes my room," on the left, "a guest room, the master, and then the other guest room. You are welcome to explore the guest rooms, but please do not enter my parents' room."

Sam stood next to her bedroom door and let Alex and Amber explore if they wanted. Amber wasted no time in looking at the othe guest rooms, exclamations of awe following behind her.

(sorry, not feeling up to describing the house in detail)

(It's okay ^__^)

Alex was silent during the tour, she wasn't very vocal when it came to admiring things. She doesn't gasp, squeal, or any of the sorts when it came to awe. She was a silent admirer, her eyes were the ones working and doing all the admiring while her face remained subtle. She had to say it was really impressive, whoever did this house knew what they were doing --- she wouldn't doubt it thought, Sam was very rich. Surely they gave a fat pay to the designer.

They stopped at a door, and Alex raised a brow "I am guessing this is your room, correct?"

"Ah, yes..." Sam said. Amber was still distracted, but Sam figured it wouldn't hurt for them to go ahead and enter. She opened the door and walked in, standing in the middle of the room. "This is it."

She let Alex look around at will, a faint blush on her face. She never expected anyone else to come into her room.

Alex allowed herself to walk around, inspecting every inch of detail her eyes allowed her to see. It was fairly spacious and less decorated. Simple, clean, urban motif. It was perfect. It was easy too, less work but design-wise it was good for a set. Unique and stylish.

"Not bad." she commented, speaking after a long while. The room was quiet, and her voice came like a straong tone in the silence. Echoing. "You like being tidy, don't you? Or is this your maid's work?"

"I am fairly neat, yes. I'm sure the maid has been in to make sure everything stays clean," Sam said, her voice strong with defense as though she were being personally attacked.

Amber walked in then, preventing either from further discussion.

"Your house is like way cool," Amber told Sam before she could really look around. "Whoa! Your room is awesome!"

"Thought so." Alex grumbled, letting her eyes linger around the room. It's been a while since she had been into an actual house, not counting her mother's house of course. The woman was a whore, there was not a day she would not lie on that couch naked and hungover. It has always been like that, always. It disgusted her, that was why she considered herself motherless.

She was ashamed of her mother. Everything about her mother.

"Do you have a tape measure?"

Sam blinked. A tape measure?

"Uh..." She didn't even know what that was! "Er... Lemme call up... Yeah, just give me a second."

Sam ran out the door and down the stairs, going to the garage to see if she could find something that looked like a tape measure.

Alex watched her confused face, arching an eyebrow in curiosity. Does that woman even know what she was talking about? She forgot that Sam was a rich girl, and if she never had handled tools, then she probably didn't know anything at all. In the back of her mind, Alex started to worry to what the girl might bring her when she comes back.

She settled down on Sam's bed quietly, glancing at Amber for a moment and then at the floor; waiting.

Amber was still staring around the room.

"So we're gonna take measurements and make a scale right?" she asked Alex before getting distracted again for a brief moment. Shaking her head, she focused on Alex just as Sam, out of breath, ran back in with a tape measure.

"Frederick said this is what you would be looking for?" she asked, still unsure of what she was looking for.