If 0 is Absolut Evil and 100 is Pure Good, where are you and Why?

Space Cowboy

You’re gonna carry that weight.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Omnipresent
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Open to anything, but particularly enjoy gothic horror, urban fantasy, science fiction, post-apocalypse, and steampunk.
wp1957947.jpg

It's all in the topic header, folk! Where are you in the COSMIC SCALE OF GOOD VS EVIL! And Why?

Also I totally didn't mean to use Injustice for the image but when I looked up good vs evil on Google like, one of the first images was Injustice and I ran with it lmao.

Also I noticed the typo in the header before I hit post but I decided to keep it. AWWWWWW YEEEAAAAHHHH.

45. I am just below neutral because sometimes when I'm mad I just want to watch the world burn but the most I can manage on my own is yelling and flipping people off.......safely from my car.

70? I am by no means perfect and sometimes I just want some people to get served but overall I still try hard to do the "right" thing even if it's hard or someone has irritated me, for the sake of doing the "right" thing.

I'd sit at 50, maybe moving up or down in number every once in awhile. I've always identified as a true neutral, and I believe that to be fairly accurate. I do my best to see both sides of things, but also hate picking sides because of that. I can see the flaws in both. So I stick to myself and don't get involved unless I need too. (Since I usually end up being a mediator anyway and that's just too much.)

Reactions: Rebornfan120
Somewhere just between neutral and pure good.

I would likely be Neutral at 50 but the difference would be that I could go either way and stay there for a period of time never finding a permanent place to be in.

I'd like to say I'm below 50 because I like being evil but I'm probably like an 80 on my good days. On reallllly bad days I might dip to 40.

Hm, 70-ish? I mostly behave myself, but I do love trouncing people's gyms in my Pokemon GOs.

Good lord. Everyone tells me I'm too innocent for this world but there have been plenty of times when I haven't been so innocent. I'd say a seventy, if I'm being a little hard on myself. Others may say eight five lol.

I'd put myself between 80 and 90, honestly. I try my damnedest to be a decent person, don't know how good a job I do of it but at least I'm trying :'D

Maybe ... 80? I try to be a good and kind person, but I can be pretty diabolical and petty at times >,>

Reactions: Rebornfan120
depends on who I'm dealing with
to males 50, don't start none there wont be none
females on the other hand is 90 I would never. in a million years. hit or touch a woman if she doesn't want it. but I can forget feelings sometimes I'm not exactly...a calm person

Depends on if we're counting deeds or thoughts. If just deeds, I'd say about 85. If thoughts are included, something like 20.

If there were a meteor heading for the planet and the switch to save us all was in my hand. I'd probably not flip it. But if the life a child were at stake. I might push them out of the way at the cost of my own life. Not sure where that leaves me on this scale.

The quiet one has a good point, if we're talking deeds, I'm prolly a 50, neutral. I don't really do anything good, but I don't do anything bad either. I just exist and try to survive myself, and I do repay the kindness others show to me, but rarely just do a kind deed just out of nowhere except if it's for a very dear friend since I know they tend to do stuff for me on occasions to.

Now in my head, I'm going between being a supervillain that wanna erase humankind at 0 to a decent person at maybe 70 who just wanna help people and make the world a better place. xD It all depends on how depressed I am at the time and if someone made me lose faith in humanity that day or not. 8D Certain days, that erase button God gave me all those years ago is awfully tempting to push. One day it will come true! *stares at button* But today I'm on a stable 50, so today it's ice cream day 8D

Reactions: Draugvan
Well the Devil must play this game here and surprisingly I believe this is kind of impossible to say. We all have differing ideas of what is necessarily good and what is necessarily bad. There are things I would imagine we would all agree on such as murder or harming another human but if that is in self defense than of course it could be allowed. Then there are more subtle issues such as our current reliance on an industry that underpays and overworks its people to provide low priced goods like in China. I am sure each and every one of us here as bought something that was made by a factory worker there and sadly, it can be seen as a sort of slave trade today.

Does that make us evil? Are we good for allowing such to occur? Wasn't until recently that even the Malaysia slave trade was being challenged and such instances of horror and abuse also appear throughout India and Africa.

So are we good for continuing this? Just because we disassociate ourselves from the making of the product does not mean we are any less guilty.

I want to provide an interesting idea to this conversation and make some minds wander.

The greatest thing that also worries me is I believe many dictators would easily place themselves at 100. Not because they actually deserve it but because they truly believe the horror they bring is good for the people. Radicals truly believe some of the terrible things they bring is for the goodness of mankind and that is a scary thought.

I am going to keep wondering where I sit on this scale but the more I think about it the more complicated it gets!

Neutral (maybe close to neutral-evil) cuz I don't do bad things all the time and try to do good more than bad? Idk

I'd like to say I'm below 50 because I like being evil but I'm probably like an 80 on my good days. On reallllly bad days I might dip to 40.
Good idea to split it up like that. I'd say I'm 90 on a good day, but 30 on a bad day.

I have monastic patience, altruism and acceptance and I'm a practicing pacifist. But when shit hits the fan, I'm not against murdering a bitch.

Absolute evil is easy to define in contrast to pure good. What does it mean to be good? Complete, selfless altruism, absolute forgiveness, rigid adherence to a moral code, never straying from personal principles .. ? Is good defined in relation to yourself, or in relation to a group of people? Can a human be good in a vacuum?