Idols on Ice! IC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfsbane706

Everything's better with figure skaters.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All fuckin' day.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, futuristic, magical girl
Kimberly looked out over the ice from her office door. Public skate had just ended an hour ago, and while most skaters had already left and the zamboni had already run, most of the Frost Sirens were only just now starting to file into the rink. The rest, the most dedicated, had simply stayed and hung out in the snack bar. From the portfolios she'd been given, Kimberly already had a rough idea of who the main group would be and who the understudies would be, but something was off. She'd been told there were eight total Frost Sirens, but there were only seven portfolios on her desk. Nothing major, since the Sirens would be auditioning for the parts anyway, but it still bugged her.

Regardless, the ice was ready for the Sirens, so it was time to see if the Sirens were ready for the ice. Kimberly left her office, thermos of coffee in hand, and stack of portfolios in the other. The rink was a "comfortable" 25 degrees, if you were dressed for it. Compared to the warm summer day outside, though, most wouldn't. This could be considered a first test for the Sirens, to see if they'd packed warm-up clothes. "Frost Sirens!" Kimberly called. "Get dressed and line up on the ice, next to the wall. First lesson starts today."

Last edited:
Cornelia
Cory, tall and elegant, steps out of her black mustang with her duffle bag and skates in hand. The young woman with long dark raven strands pulls it up into a high pony tail as she walks inside. Once inside she heads to the locker room where she gets dressed. She pulled on a light gray fleece jacket and matching pants before walking out with her skates. Cory sat at a bench near by watching the other girls as she pulled on her skates. She let's out a soft sigh coming to the realization she's the oldest.

With her skates secure and in place she skates off onto the ice towards the wall. She watched as a few stumbled. "This will surly be intresting." She says more to herself then anyone else.

Holly & Lexy
On the other hand Twins Lexy and Holly scurry inside the dressing rooms. Holly pulled her hair into low pig tails before quickly pulling her running outfit, it was the only athletic thing she had that was warm. Lexy on the other hand was daring and wore a jacket and leggings. "Lets go." Lexy smiles holding her hand out to Holly who takes it. The two girls run out and quickly pull on their skates.

Being a while since the two had been on the ice Holly stumbles a bit almost knocking Lexy down. Though Lexy had a smooth relation and manger not to fall. The two finally make it to the wall and wait for instrutions.

Abbigail

Abbigail tied on her skates (they were supposed to be super-tight, right?) before she skated out onto the ice at the coach's behest.

Well…slid…on hands and knees…until she got near, of course. Then she somehow struggled to her feet. It wasn't graceful in any sense of the word, but she made it.

Brushing the cold water off her knees before it made her too uncomfortable, she gave the coach a bright smile, doing her best not to fall again. "Abbigail here," she said, glancing at the three others that were already there.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Nagisa

"... here we go. Remind me why I did this?" Nagisa mumbled to her friend. Her friend, Cheiri, sighed as she glanced at Nagisa.

"Because it's your lifelong dream."

"Fine."

Nagisa glanced back at her friend and then at the door. She gave a small wave and pushed open the door. Nagisa was bundled up as much as she could while still being able to move around. Essentially she had the thickest jacket possible on her body along with full skin tight pants.

Nagisa glanced around the room, it seemed that most of the people had arrived already. Nagisa clutched her bag with her skates tightly, wandering towards a free bench so she could lace her skates and stumble onto the ice.

Aachan

".... I can do this. I can do this...."

Aachan was staring up at the skating rink with fear shaking in he boots. It was going to take a while to get used to the cold again. She had opted for her old skating clothes, which turned out to be thin so she put on a sliming jacket. She was positively shivering.

"For Koisumi." Aachan mumbled to herself, shaking off the nerves. It couldn't be that bad. It can't be that bad. She needed to do this. She wanted to do it. Aachan pulled out the familiar bag of old skates. They were still worn and used as they were her practice skates. She swallowed and laced up the shoes. There were many girls wandering around the rink already, and Aachan mustered up the courage to get up off the bench. Her balance settled easily and she stepped onto the ice, biting down on her lip.

"I got this. I can't do it if I don't try." She mumbled to herself, starting the warm up.

• Love
Kimberly walked up to the wall where the Sirens were lined up, not bothering to take to the ice herself. "We're short two girls, but I'd like to get started with you anyways," she announced to them. "My name is Kimberly Vale; I'll be your coach and your producer. I already know all of your names, but given how all of you will be skating, singing, and warming up together, I think it's fitting that you all introduce yourselves, starting with Ms. Silverbane." One look at Aria and Kimberly could see she was already shivering in her skates. If she could overcome that, she'd earn herself a spot on the main team. The twins, they had skill. Somewhat. Kimberly would have to separate them, get them to learn independent of each other. Abbigail and Nagisa, so far, needed the most lessons. Abbigail definitely wouldn't be part of the main team. She'd literally crawled to the wall, apparently unable to find a grip. Cornelia, so far, was the most accomplished skater, short of Aria. She was the oldest, too, but time would tell if she could act as a leader.

"And would someone kindly loan Aria a jacket? She's making me cold just watching."

Aachan was still shivering out on the ice as the lady came in. She tried to keep herself from seeming cold on the ice, though she was positively shaking. She swallowed hard as she was called out, her cheeks heating up slightly.

"Oh no, really I'm fine I just need to warm up a bit." She mumbled, rubbing her hands on her arms. "It's been a while since I've been in the rink. A really long while." She mumbled, glancing around the group. Since she had been called out to introduce herself first she silently told herself to quit the shivering and stand up straight.

"Hi everybody, my name's Aria Silverbane but Aachan is fine. I prefer to be called that. I've been skating for almost as long as I can remember but it's been a few years since I've been inside the rink. I know I may not seem like that much of a good team member with all my shaking and what not but there's no use in not trying! I'll do my best!"

Abbigail

Abbigail beamed, deciding to go next (because…why not!), swiftly grasping the edge of the wall as she felt herself begin to slip again. Not again, not today!

"Nice to meet you Aachan, and everyone. I'm Abbigail! Abbigail Hoooobbbbs," she said, her last name drawn out as her feet almost slipped out from beneath her again. "I like Abby too, so its fine if you call me that. I really really like snow and ice, and I hope we can all become great friends," she finished, still beaming from ear to ear as her legs started to shake, as if she were Bambi on ice.

Which might've been apt, given how much she would probably slip that day. Her bum already felt sore…

• Love
Tempest

A set of double doors creek open, and close shut with a distracting clang as it soon shut behind the very late Tempest. Not saying a word she makes a beeline for the rink, already dressed for the occasion. Her long brunette hair were tied up into high pig tails with white fluffy looking scrunchies , and bounced against her back as she quickly approaches a bench for her to sit on. After promptly taking a seat she pulls on two white skates with lilac colored laces. The young girl had prepared herself for the colder conditions in side by wearing a warm good quality athletic colombia jacket, and some matching fleece leggings. Rolled up right above her skating boots were some apparent wool socks. Still despite being dressed for the occasion she still looked uncomfortable with the coldness in the rink, and both her nose and her cheeks were turning red from the nippy air. Once she finished tying her skates proper, she makes her way to the entrance for the ice rink. Although, before she enters Tempest makes it a point to bow to the blonde whom is obviously their coach and apologize for her tardiness. "I deeply apologize for my tardiness." She says, her breathing heavy as if she had ran all the way from the parking lot into the building. She didn't bother providing an excuse as to why she as late with the assumption that it wouldn't help her case regardless. In truth they had hit heavy traffic on the way to the rink due to a collision that had happened on the road.

• Thank You
Lexy & Holly
Lexy felt brave and took a step forward away from the wall. "Hello! I am Lexy, I'm a fairly good skatter though doing tricks might be the tricky part for me. I did take dance when I was younger so maube that will help me out. Its very nice to meet all of you!" She cheers happily. Lexy gave Holly a small push. "Go because if you don't do it now you'll never do it." She whispers and Holly stumbles. The girl looked terrified. "H-hi... I am.. H-Holly... Lexy's twin sister. N-nice to meet you all." She says softly avoiding eye contact with the others.

Cornelia
Thinking it was probably best to get this done and over with Cornelia takes her turn next. She steps out and skates in front of the group. Who would have thought a simple movement would be so graceful. "I am Cornelia Rosewood. It's a pleasure to meet all of you. I hope that we will all get along well." She says with a soft smile. She places her hands together in front of her and bows. Once she straightens up she skates back to the wall, waiting for further instructions.

Kimberly looked over each girl in turn, slightly annoyed at the eighth girl for being a no-show and leaving her with only seven skaters. "For the time being, I'll be pairing you off until I get a better sense of which of you are better suited for which team," she said. "Lexy, you'll be with Nagisa. Hopefully, your outgoing personality can coax a skater out of her. Tempest, you'll be with Abbigail. She needs the attention, the practice, and the coaching. Be nice. Aria, you'll be with Cornelia. You both have the best skating skills of everyone present, but Aria is a little bit sensitive to the cold. Loan her a jacket from time to time, and maybe you two can build off of each other's respective skills. Holly will be training alone until our eighth member arrives." Kimberly had tried to put poor skaters with good ones, with the exception of Aria and Cornelia. With enough grooming, the plan was that one of them would be the "captain" of the Frost Sirens, while the other would head up the understudies. "First things first, the basics. I want figure eights from each of you, one team at a time, starting with Tempest and Abby. Three figure eights, one on top of the other, from each of you. If you need to help your partner, you're allowed to." Kimberly walked along the wall to where she'd not only have a good view of the girls as they did their figure eights, but also a spot where she'd have her coffee within easy reach.

Last but not least, "
Any questions before you begin?"

Abbigail

Abbigail nervously turned around, trying her best not to fall over as she faced the late comer. She was Tempest, right…? "Thats such a cool name," she said happily after a moment, trying to reach over and shake the other girl's hands without tripping. With her left hand, of course. Her right hand still had a knuckle-white grip on the nearby wall.

"Can you uhm…" she started, glancing to the side. She would've seemed more nervous if one of her hands wasn't still outstretched, stopping her from falling over. "Can you help me with the figure eights? I'll probably just fall over again," she said, giving a small, nervous giggle as she glanced to their coach after she spoke. She seemed quite…strict, and Abby didn't want to be scolded or anything on her first day.

Lexy

Happily skates over to Nagisa. "Hi! Im Lexy. Its nice to meet you. Let me know if there is anything i can do." She smiles brightly. Lexy starta off by skating in circles to warm up her body and skills. Every once in a while glancing around at the others. She was excited to get to know everyone. She wondered if her sister would be okay by herself.

Molly
Molly nods when she was told to go skate by self. She finds herself a corner and skates back and forth. She even practiced her figure eights stumbling a bit. She hopped she'd get better the more she trained.

Cornelia
Cory stakes over to Aria. "Hey, nice to meet you." She says giving a small smile "I have another jacket of you need one. It might be a bit big though." Cory was a very relaxed person who simply went with the flow of things. Normally she wouldn't talk unless spoken to. Even if she had the skills to easily blow everyone out of the water she wasn't cocky. A bit of a show off, maybe.

@IceQueen

Tempest

Tempest listened attentively to her would be coach as she began to pair the group of girls. When she was finally paired Tempest glanced in the direction of this supposed Abbigail. "Tempest, you'll be with Abbigail. She needs the attention, the practice, and the coaching. Be nice." Tempest heard Kimberly say. The young girl could feel the annoyance starting to well up inside her, but she steeled her expression quickly. Basically I am a baby sitter.... she thought to herself bitterly. Taking a deep breath she compartmentalized her emotions about having what she assumed to be the weakest link thrusted upon her. They were being tested, Tempest knew this. Perhaps working with Abbigail wouldn't be too frustrating for her in the long run. All Tempest could do was hope; although in truth the girl secretly enjoyed imparting her own knowledge onto others, and so she decided that this would be a learning experience.

Tempest's thoughts were interrupted when a voice broke her self reflection. As her focus recentered to that of her surrounding area she was face to face with the girl Abbigail. "What?" she asks the girl probably sounding meaner than she intended. Tempest looks the girl up and down, and took notice to the out stretched hand. Using her right hand Tempest took hold of the the girls free one and gave it a firm, but gentle, shake. The girl, Abbigail, continued by asking for help with her figure eights. She looked pretty nervous too, and Tempest noticed that as well. "Hmm....sure." The brunette nods slightly then takes a bit of a pause. Her grey hues give Abbigail another once over. [Insert brief comment on Abbi's looks here]. Abbigail looked like she was about to say something until Tempest quickly beat her to the bunch. "Are you a visual learner or do you need hands on experience?" Tempest asked with a very clear interest. Then she falls silent again, this time for good, and allows for the other to respond now. Tempest was already a step ahead in this conversation, and had decided that after Abbigail's response she would say something in attempt to get the girl to relax.

Nagisa

Nagisa nearly jumped out of her shoes as she heard a voice next to her. She had been so focused on trying to get her introduction right she had forgotten to do one at all. Glancing around and fining that everyone else was already skating Nagia sighed. "Sorry, I'm a little nervous." She chuckled, combing a hand over the ribbon in her hair. Quickly attempting to follow after Lexy Nagisa wobbled on the ice. "I uh, may need a few balance pointers." She chuckled softly, trying to get her legs back into the feel of skating.

Aachan

Grinning as the woman came over Aachan nodded a thanks to Cory. "Thank you, that would be great. Sorry to ask you." She mumbled, rubbing her arms as she started to warm herself up. "It's been so long since I've been on the ice. It feels good though." She called out, closing her eyes as she began to do graceful figure eights around her section of the rink.
@PhantomThief715

• Thank You
Abbigail

Abbigail sighed in relief after she listened to Tempest agreeing to help her (jeez it was such a cool name) and didn't even pause when the other girl asked her about how she learned. "Hands on please," she said. "If I could learn a figure eight just by watching, I'd probably be like…Sarah Hughes? Yeah. Sarah Hughes."

Gripping the side nervously, she glanced back at their coach again, and back to Tempest. "So…I may lean on you a lot…how should we do this?" she asked, her knuckles slowly turning white from gripping the side of the rink so tightly.
@Vio

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Lexy
Lexy smiles softly and gives a nod. "That's not a problem. As for a tip, I would suggest, leg strengthening. Start by standing on one leg as long as you can and switch to the other when you fall. Do that until you can do it for a straight minute on both legs. Though you might have to do a little everyday until you can do it for a whole minute. Adding things to your routine to make it a little more difficult can also help. But always remeber to keep your feet lined with your hips." Explains the young woman helping to stightwn the girl up. Lexy wore a soft smile and didn't mind helping out, she did teach kids in her neighborhood to skate. Though she was never one for tricks normal skating she could do easily.

Cornelia
Telling her new partner that shed be right back, Cory skates off to where her bag was. She grabs the jacket from her bag and heads back. "Here." She says handing Aachan her jacket. "Shall we do figure eights right after Each other or perhaps cross into eachothers figure? We could also do them at the same time where I'm on one side and your on the other." She asks thinking a moment before drawing out what she was talking about with her skate. "You would be going this way, while I'll be going this way. It might seem hard at first but it gives us a sense of eachothers movements and natural speed. If done right we can pull it off without us both crossing the center at the same time. We would just make it bigger. The smaller the eight is even by yourself it becomes more complicated. Plus it's great bonding and team building." She smiles.
@IceQueen
Screenshot_20170916-102532.jpg
Aachan would be following the path of the red 8 while Cory would follow the path of the purple 8. If the loops are big the two shouldn't have to worry about colliding. And it's up to Aachan though.

Kimberly checked her watch. The Sirens had been skating for almost an hour now. Probably time to give them a rest. And besides, girl 8 still hadn't shown up. "Frost Sirens! Off the ice!" she called. "Break time!" With that said, Kimberly went behind the snack bar counter and lifted the shutter. "Idols eat free," she said as they approached. "We'll focus on just skating for today, but tomorrow we'll have you do singing practice on the ice. Aria, do try to keep your voice steady. The rookies can drag a table onto the ice to sit on so they don't have to worry about falling. Any questions?"

Abbigail

Abbigail's head could've snapped off with how fast she turned after hearing "Break Time". This quick spin also left her to lose her balance trip onto the ice.

Groaning as she pulled herself up, she struggled to stand up for a few moments before she simply Bambi slid over to the edge, gripping the white boards as she carefully made her way to the door. As soon as she was off the rink, she quickly walked over to the snack bar, staring up at the menu as she hummed to herself. "…fries. Lots of fries. And a water and a coke," she said, nodding as she stared back at their coach, smiling from ear-to-ear. "…unless that's not allowed. Then I'll take a pretzel instead of the fries."

Cornelia
Cory who had been skating around noticed it was no a call for lunch or break. She skated toward the edge before slipping her covers over her blade and wondered towards the food bar when she happily got some chicken fingers and fries. Typically she'd eat healthy though she'd allow herself a treat once in a while and today was that day.

Lexy and Molly

The twins got off the ice with each other and smiled. They where making progress even if Molly was all alone."i hope your having fun." Lexy says to Molly who nods as the two get a slice of pizza. "I'm having fun." She responds as the two sits down at a table with Cory and few other girls.

(Sorry it's not long..)

• Thank You
{{Placeholder so it doesn't get archived before I can post.}}

Status
Not open for further replies.