Idol Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brøken_Serenity

Original poster
Welcome! You've Been Accepted to Idol Academy!

school.jpg

Idol Academy, officially known as Bōkaru geijutsu wa kōkō but often shortened by it's students to KaruKo, is a prestigious all-girls academy that has just started accepting boys this year on a trial basis. In this academy, as you would expect, young girls (and now boys) are trained to be idols. The competition is rough and every year people are sent home to find another school. At least half of the freshmen class is cut each year, a fourth of the sophomore and junior classes while the senior class is safe from any elimination.

The core curriculum is singing and dancing, there are very different and specialized classes depending on what type of idol career you are going to enter. Despite this, the academic courses are to the level of a prep school. Every week, on Friday's there are rankings given based on popularity, idol ability and academics. This is part of the driving plot point of the play as these rankings change your school experience vastly. People who consistently make top ten rankings get treated like queens and kings and get more chances to perform different places. They also get bigger dorm rooms and can easily get put in line first to use studios for practice time.

Another key aspect is clubs. The school allows students to freely make clubs, but these aren't ordinary clubs. The basis of these clubs is to form idol groups (think of idol groups like AKB48, Nogisaki46 and Girl's Day). They often perform together and are treated as a collective so are often put in the same singing/dancing classes.

On the aspect of performing as an idol, there is an idol request board in front of the library. You can sign up for opportunities and who was accepted for what opportunities are announced via intercom. Based on a contract you can not perform as an idol without the school's permission. Breaking this rule has variable punishments. The usual punishment is detention.

• One paragraph (5 sentences) at minimum
  • There is not required posting amount but be aware I will move the days along and whatever you didn't finish you'll simply have to deal with and imply/summarize the gist of what happened in your next post.
  • No Mary Sues. To prevent this I'm choosing rankings and who gets what assignment but still. Don't attempt to undermine me and make your character perfect. If your character isn't number one on the popularity ranking this week, he/she isn't and deal with it. Don't pretend like they're the most popular person in school because they aren't.
SPECIFIC FORMAT/GAMEPLAY RULES

• In your post you need to, somehow, have the following information available on your post: Character's name, character's location, character's current rank (yes, all three), outfit, approximate time (Morning, Noon, Evening, Night is all that is necessary).
  • In this RP I want to keep it moving along and not have to deal with having to play out every hour of the day so we'll be playing out 1st hour, 3rd hour, lunch, 7th hour and after school. Don't play out any another hours. You can mention them but be aware we are NOT playing them out. I expect the other roleplayers to help move the time along. If we've been in 3rd hour for a long time, someone say the bell rang and timeskip to lunch. If it's been afterschool for a while, someone go to sleep. I'll respond by making a post saying the day has moved forward.
  • I will put a RP information post up every so often with information on assignments, rankings, what day it is and any special events. I will often push the plot forward by adding special events. For example, maybe I'll put that character B has been asked to tutor Character E in dancing. Or Character G has received a ton of fanmail. Or Character D's sister is in the office waiting for them. Or character Z has just received a love letter from a mysterious boy. Do not ignore the special events, just go with it.
RANKING INFORMATION
  • Ranking is out of the number of students which for the sake of ease we'll call the total number of students 600.
  • Idol ability and Popularity categories are voted on by people both inside and outside the school with 1 being the best possible outcome. Academics is compiled by the teachers.
  • In your CS, give your ranking a RANGE. I will be choosing your ranking based on your CS, the suggestion you gave me and everyone else's CS.
  • Be REASONABLE when considering your ranking. Don't think you should be number one in popularity if your character is an outcast and a bitch. Don't think your character should be number one in idol ability if she's a slacker and doesn't work hard. Your freshman isn't going to be number one in anything.

UNIFORM

• You must always be wearing a uniform on school days. When taking an assignment the outfit you must wear will be specified, if not then any outfit is fine. The uniforms available for you to wear are:
Akb0048_34.jpg

The above outfits are for seniors. Any variation of this outfit is fine, the basic understanding of the roleplay is that almost everyone's outfit is a little different or personalized in some way. Seniors can wear this outfit or any outfit from a previous year.
AKB0048%20-%2009%20-%20Large%2032.jpg

The above outfits are for juniors. Any variation of this outfit is fine, the basic understanding of the roleplay is that almost everyone's outfit is a little different or personalized in some way. Juniors can wear this outfit or any outfit from a previous year.

m9lmra.jpg

The above outfits are for sophomore. Any variation of this outfit is fine, the basic understanding of the roleplay is that almost everyone's outfit is a little different or personalized in some way. Sophomores can wear this outfit or any outfit from a previous year.

AKB0048.jpg

The above outfit is for freshmen. The basic understanding of the fact everyone's outfit is a little different/personalized in someway is the same as before.

935d7024a20b4b494042b3975287d3c4.jpg

The above outfit are for boys. Upperclassmen wear the uniform with long jackets while underclassmen wear the uniform with short jackets.

Accepted Character List

| Name | Grade | Idol Type | Group | Rank: popularity, ability, academics |

| Seira Atanashi | Junior | Energetic | AME | Rank n/a |
| Fukayama Hinako | Freshman | Cute | Lyrical Eternity | Rankn/a |
| Nishimura Ayame | Senior | Seductive | CH33R L3AD3RRS | Rank n/a |
| RESERVED | Senior | n\a | Ultra despair Girls | Rank n\a |
| RESERVED | Junior | n/a | CH33R L3AD3RS | n/a |
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}
{Insert Name Here}

CLUB LISTS
AME
-AME is a large group that keeps fifty members at all times. It's a very popular group and hard to get in to. All the idols are very energetic and their ability to memorize and execute multiple hard dance routines is more important than singing ability. They're a very interactive idol group and often dance in informal settings right next to fans.​
  • Seira Atanashi​
Ultra Despair Girls
-UDG is a budding group that is very punk rock in nature. They have five close knit members but are open to expansion to no more than ten. All the members are energetic and it focuses heavy on singing ability and has very simple choreography. They aren't a very interactive group and tend to perform on stages.

Lyrical Eternity
-LE is a moderately popular group with a medium size, they probably have around 20 members but it can vary. Due to their size it;s hard to get in to. They're very cutesy and fun group. They tend to interact a lot with their fanbase through tv and often appear on variety shows to play little games then perform. The focus of this group is appearance, looking cute when you do things. You only need average singing and dancing ability but a lot of acting ability.​
  • Fukayama Hinako​
CH33R L3AD3RS
-CL is a small but very popular group with around twenty - twenty five members at a time. Their selling point is sex appeal, so basically being sexy. Their members are often selected based on looks and dancing ability. They double as the school's cheer team and often perform at volleyball games or pep ralleys.​
  • RESERVED​
CLASS OPTIONS
Singing Based
-Vocal Agility (Focuses on vocal range) [1-4 & AP]
-Choir (Basic singing skills) [1-2]
-Intermediate Choir [1]
-Advanced Choir [1]
-Pitch Control [1-3]
-Breathing Control [1]
-Lyric Writing [1-4]

Dance Based
-Hip-Hop Dancing [1-4 & AP]
-Ballet Dancing [1-4]
-Interpretive Dancing [1-4 & AP]
-Ballroom Dancing [1-3]
-Broadway Dancing [1-4 & AP]
-Modern Dancing [1-4 & AP]
-Dance Technique [1-4]
-Contemporary Dancing [1-4 & AP]
-Tap Dancing [1-3]

Acting Based
-Drama [1-4 & AP]
-Broadway Drama [1-4 & AP]
-Idol Presence [1-4]
-Scene study & Technique [1-2]
-On Camera (How to look good on TV) [1-4]
-Modeling [1-4 & AP]
-Voice Over (You know, like voice actors?) [1-4]

Academics Based
-Any class is fine, all the basic classes a high school would offer. So no, forensic analysis and fashion design aren't options here. Things like art 2 and pre-calculus are options.​

Basic Format For Bio
(Feel free to add more details as you see fit. You need a picture, add it or them wherever you see fit)
Basic Info

Name:
Sexuality:
Grade:
Height:

School Info

Ranking: (For each category, put a suggested ranking. Based on your character and other characters I will assign you a ranking)
Club: (If you're in any club list it here. You can create a club of your own if you have at least one other person in it with you)
Strength: (Singing, acting, dancing??)
Style: (What kind of idol are you? Cutesy, elegant, energetic, sexy, etc.?)
Schedule: (There are seven periods in a day. We won't be playing out every period, only 1st, 3rd, lunch and 7th.)

Personal Info

Positive personality traits:
Negative personality traits:
Favorite Song: (Your character's fave song)
Brief Personality Overview: (Maybe a paragraph about the character's personality. Keep it simple.)
Activities: (KaruKo has sports teams, if you're in any list it here.)
Relationships: (List every character and your charas opinions about them)
Background:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kirigiri.Kyouko.full.1564669.jpg

Seira Atanashi

Sex: Female
Sexuality: Demisexual
Grade: 11th
Height: 5'7"​
tumblr_static_tumblr_inline_mkx1ueqlwh1rgczzt.png

Ranking: Around 6-10 in Idol ability, 10-15ish in popularity and 1-5 in Academics
Club: She's a full-time member of AME but has a 'understudy' spot in Lyrical Eternity.
Strength: She's best at dancing
Style: She's a very energetic idol, she can do cutesy but she doesn't like it very much.
Schedule: Vocal Agility 2, AP Chemistry, Hip-Hop Dancing 3, Calculus, AP Literature, AP European History, Idol Presence 3
giphy.gif
Positive personality traits: Intelligent, intuitive, funny, kind, ambitious, patient, helpful
Negative personality traits: Cold, stoic, not talkative, inexpressive, sarcastic
Favorite Song: Alsatia (The Mnemosyne OP)
Brief Personality Overview: Seira is often misunderstood at first glance. She comes off as very cold and abrasive when you first meet her. This is because she doesn't talk very much. She has a great sense of humor so tends to be a fun person to be around when you get to know her, but part of her humor is sarcastic. Her sarcastic voice is very similar to her actual voice so if you don't know her you could take her the wrong way. When you do get to know her she's a very kind person and will be extremely patient with you. She's always there to help even if she stops to point out how you could of prevented it. She's always aiming for the stars and can sometimes end up overworking herself despite her best intentions. She's a good girl but she often ends up getting it wrong.
Likes: Cats, dancing, being an idol, fans, manga, music, chemistry, sweets, festivals, videogames, being busy
Dislikes: Solo performances, lazing around, sports, unsolved problems, disorganization
Activities: No Sports for Her
Relationships: WORK IN PROGRESS/ WILL ADD MORE
Background: She doesn't have a complicated backstory. She grew up in akihabara with her sister Momoka, her parents were relatively well off but definitely not rich. Seira was being groomed to take over her fathers company but ever since she was a little girl she'd wanted to be an idol. Eventually her father compromised and allowed her to go to KaruKo with the condition that she still make good grades so if she didn't make it as an idol she could still get into a good college. Seira tried her hand at singing in freshman year and nearly got sent home. She worked as hard as she could over the summer and discovered her talent was dance. Sophomore year she almost made it into the top ten for idol ability and was accepted into AME a couple months into the year. She's been working hard ever since to be in the top ten for Idol ability.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, looks interesting. Might sign up soon. Think I'll use Naegi for the Appearance

This roleplay has a lot of potential!
I'd love to reserve a female freshman, and a female senior. A Lyrical Eternity member, and a CH33R L3AD3RS member respectively.

Last edited:
@m i s s f o r t u n e
Thank you you! Your spots have been reserved!

@Verite
Oops my Daganronpa is showing lol, but yeah I hope you join. Join this despairingly good roleplay to join idols in their mutual school killing.

major w.i.p

tumblr_nqamuuApHO1u2dzt6o6_400.png
tumblr_nqamuuApHO1u2dzt6o7_400.png
tumblr_nqamuuApHO1u2dzt6o8_400.png

fifteen || freshman || female || demiromantic heterosexual || ninth grade || 5 '0 || full-time member @ lyrical eternity || cutesy idol || sports club // n/a || single
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fukayama hinako

⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
tumblr_inline_myusjhYYBW1snsvyg.png
tumblr_inline_myusjoQnz81snsvyg.png
tumblr_inline_myush1EBC51snsvyg.png
tumblr_inline_myusgr74wz1snsvyg.png
doppelganger of mirai kuriyama
████ rankings
idol ability
four hundred to four hundred and fifty out of six hundred

hinako's inability to sing in the presence of a large crowd factors in her low score in idol ability. stage fright has always prevented her from reaching her full potential. as lyrical eternity is of a medium size, hinako would not likely be the center of attention, as she usually keeps to the back of the stage.

popularity
three hundred to three hundred and fifty out of six hundred
not exactly the crowd's favorite; hinako rarely draws attention from anyone, as she has little to no distinctive features or traits. hinako does, however have a few friends that accept her as who she is, and she is more than grateful to them. from time to time, you would see her with some girls having an animated conversation.

academics
ten to fifteen out of five hundred
from a young age, hinako has devoted most of her free time to studying and learning. her keenness in doing so has made her a star student. it calms hinako, to be in a silent, and peaceful sanctuary all by herself, poring over pages of a reference book and expanding her area of knowledge. hinako would choose a trip to the library over one to a shopping complex anyday.

████ strength
acting
description tba.

████ schedule

first hour
calculus || ap

second hour
drama || three

third hour
on camera || one

lunch hour
n/a || n/a

fourth hour
breathing control || one

fifth hour
idol presence || three

sixth hour
world history || ap

seventh hour
scene study and technique || two

Last edited:
major w.i.p

tumblr_inline_nraqbaZUkh1r2v0ta_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nraqbgMysd1r2v0ta_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nraqdjcNSo1r2v0ta_500.gif

eighteen || senior || female || aromantic pansexual || twelfth grade || 5 '8 || full-time member @ CH33R L3AD3RS || seductive idol || swim team member || single
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nishimura ayame

⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
tumblr_inline_nsx9lkdSnd1sxxqq1_100.jpg
tumblr_inline_nsx9m6gLfJ1sxxqq1_100.jpg
tumblr_inline_nsx9l6wuWb1sxxqq1_100.jpg
tumblr_inline_nsxcvjfOZi1sxxqq1_100.jpg
doppelganger of nakiri alice
████ rankings

idol ability
forty five to fifty out of six hundred
tba.

popularity
five to ten out of six hundred
tba.

academics
two hundred and fifty to three hundred out of six hundred
tba.
████ strength

singing
description tba.

████ schedule

first hour
intermediate choir || one

second hour
broadway dancing || ap

third hour
modelling || one

lunch hour
n/a || n/a

fourth hour
algebra || two

fifth hour
trigonometry || three

sixth hour
tap dancing || three

seventh hour
lyric writing || one

Last edited:
Questions: What are the available classes? Are the rankings based on descending or ascending order (i.e. is 1 the best or is 100 the best, and does this apply to the ranking range we give our characters on the sheet)? Also, what is the highest amount of ranks (i.e. are there only 20 ranks...50 ranks...100 ranks...etc.)?

Questions: What are the available classes? Are the rankings based on descending or ascending order (i.e. is 1 the best or is 100 the best, and does this apply to the ranking range we give our characters on the sheet)? Also, what is the highest amount of ranks (i.e. are there only 20 ranks...50 ranks...100 ranks...etc.)?
I'm going to put up the available classes, I just realized that would probably be helpful. Rankings are based on one being the best. I'm not really defining the number of students in the school but I would say around 600 students in the school if that gives you an estimate.

@m i s s f o r t u n e It isn't out of ten, it's out of the entire student body

Okay, thank you! I should have my character up soon. :)

Okay, I'm still a little confused. When ranking our characters on the sheet, what's the range we should use? For example, your character. Does the 10-15ish for popularity mean she's really popular or not so popular?

Okay, I'm still a little confused. When ranking our characters on the sheet, what's the range we should use? For example, your character. Does the 10-15ish for popularity mean she's really popular or not so popular?
One is the highest and the school has about 600 students. Out of that amount of students I estimate she would be voted for enough to be around the range of 10-15 in the popularity ranks. People inside and and outside of KaruKo's halls can vote on this. Teachers personally draft the list for Academics.

Lets say Idol A is ranked 2 in popularity. This means she's very well known by the public and by her fellow students at KaruKo. She's also a very liked person. Now Let's say Idol B is ranked 304 in popularity. This means she isn't a very well known idol, she's average as far as idols go.
Let's say Idol A is ranked 25 in idol ability. This means though she's one of the most popular idols she's not as talented as she is popular. Let's say Idol B is ranked 237 in idol ability. This means she's recognized as having some talent but for whatever reason her popularity doesn't quiet match up.
Freshmen would probably have a really low popularity despite whatever their idol ability is just because they are freshmen. They won't get picked for nearly as many things as Seniors because half of the freshman class gets cut the first year while the seniors have time and money invested in them so the school wants to sell them.

I'll add some mechanics about rankings on the rp now though for clarification.

Okay, thank you! That makes tons more sense!

Thank you for the information!
I'll change my character's' rankings right now.

Reactions: Brøken_Serenity
Could I reserve a SENIOR member of Ultra Despair Girls and a JUNIOR member of CH33L3AD3RS?

Reactions: Brøken_Serenity
Also, you might want to add when the classes are held, so that everything doesn't get jumbled up.
Just a little suggestion.

Also, you might want to add when the classes are held, so that everything doesn't get jumbled up.
Just a little suggestion.
I don't think I will, I really hate limiting creative freedom too much you know? I mean, nothing needs to be completely finalized until we're ready to go so if people want to make a few changes to their schedule to have 1st 3rd and 7th with other people so they don't get left behind that's fine.

UPDATE: Also, I noticed for your character's... some of their hours are weird. I just wanted to point out we're playing out 1st 3rd and 7th once again and for the sake of staying away from a mundane school life roleplay i would recommend having any classes like algebra for one of the hours we're playing out. For Ayame you only allowed your self one special class in the hours we're playing out.

Reactions: Rae and Bran
The roleplay looks really cute and exciting!
Could I a reserve sophomore member of Ame?

Hey :) Can I please take a spot of a Senior in EL?

Status
Not open for further replies.