Idlaide - The Rays of Fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregory smiled at the thought of gaining a gun at his side once again, he always felt comfortable when he had weapons, his distrust in people helped in this fact. He took the firearm and aimed at a crack in the wall, "I doubt making it bigger would be too bothersome..." He mumbled to himself. He fired a single bullet at his target before moving to another target. He grumbled a little and then sighed, he doubted his sharp shooting skills, he liked knives better but decided against using it.

He took a few steps to the cracks he had aimed at, and examined his workings. He only managed to hit two of the ten targets he aimed at, the others were close but he didn't pay attention to those.

Reactions: Lyra Meiko
Perseus de Angelo, #00BFFF
Pious Initiative Compound
15 Years Ago

imgres

The air was cold and thin. Breathing was difficult when only standing or even sitting still. The window in front of him was open, allowing a cold breeze to occasionally breech the room. A young man stood idly gazing out the window as the sun began to set behind the far off mountain.

To his left, sat a wooden desk, littered with various trinkets and electronic devices he brought along with him upon entering the initiative. A particular device began to vibrate, making a sort of whirring noise as it moved against the polished wood. The small screen began to light up as a name flashed across the screen.

The white haired teen moved quickly to his desk, sliding his fingers across the screen as a grin crossed his lips. The name hadn't mattered, as he was already aware of whom was calling him.

The screen flickered, and after a couple seconds a familiar face appeared on the screen sporting a confident grin. "Hey, Percy! Congrats!"

The girl's hair was put up in a sort of tail, it's light blue color almost shining in the dim lighting. Perseus found himself frowning. "Thanks, but, you know I hate it when you call me that."

The young woman just laughed, a cute sort of giggle that almost always brought a smile to his face. "I know! That's what makes it fun!" Her response was quickly stifled after she apparently remembered something important. "Oh, hey, are they treating you okay? I've heard stories..."

Perseus had only just arrived a couple days prior, and thus far, the doctrines haven't been terribly strict, nor has the training been too rough. But, he too had heard of the Initiative and it's hardships. Of course, such an order would have such secrets. He showed her a reassuring smile. "It's not as bad as people say. They're treating me well."

The blue haired girl seemed to literally exhale with relief. "That's good. Still, I wish you hadn't decided to join the Initiative...the things people say..." This time, Perseus sighed, shaking his head briefly. "Hey, don't worry. I'll be fine. This is what I want. Besides, it was your idea to begin with. How are things at the academy by the way?"

While she didn't seem well convinced, he decided it wise to change the conversation topic. With a slightly furrowed brow, she seemed to let it go for now. "They're okay. The training is intense, but, I really like it. Never felt more alive than when I'm training, I can't imagine what live missions are going to be like."

Perseus managed another smile. "Don't sweat it, Sky. I'm sure you'll do great." The girl shook her head. "Who's using old nicknames now, ya jerk?" The girl responding with false irritation. Her smile however proved to be more honest than her vocal demeanor.

The girl turned slowly, saying something akin to "Yes sir...No sir...yes sir!" She quickly turned back with a look of disgust on her face. "Sorry, Percy. Instructor wants us all to call an early lights out. You take care, now." Her voice was stern, but confident. Her eyes shone with concern, but, that was normal for her.

"You too, Sky. You too..." The screen flickered again, and turned off.

Cynthia flinched slightly as the captain came up behind her, critiquing her terrible aim. Cynthia did not mind critiques. She actually somewhat enjoyed them. One would expect Cynthia to hate being critiqued, since she is a bit of the princess type, however it did not apply in her case. Any chance to learn how to get better was good in Cynthia's book. This did not keep her from getting a bit embarrassed, of course. They were still in front of her peers. So, she would have liked a less public critique if it was her choice. She also did not appreciate his sassy tone of voice. It made her sigh and roll her eyes like a teenager.

However, although she was a little prissy she was still glad that she was getting some help. She listened for his help and followed his actions with her own arm. She was especially appreciative of the double guided aim. She was not sure if she needed it, because stability was her main problem, but she would prefer to be precise.

"Alright, I'll keep everything in mind. Thanks." She said with a business like tone and then went back to trying to shoot. She kept her free arm under her elbow like he instructed. Although she was still a bit off, she was able to aim and shoot much better. She actually hit a tree that she wanted too. A little celebration of success was going on in her mind. She was quite pleased with herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.