Idlaide - The Rays of Fortune OOC

Name: Jorik Kjaernestejd
Planet/Moon of Origin: Aguaceles

Appearance:
46c6c8598cc6d1e8c4f6d62cd1eb85c1.jpg

Personality: Jorik is a relatively calm individual who does not let his emotions rule his actions in professional situations. Outside of work he is fairly quiet, but authoritative when he does choose to speak, he is loyal and a steadfast friend, but will question the acts of his friends, superiors and subordinates alike, keeping those around him on their toes; he is relatively intelligent, having an IQ of 141 and passing his education with flying marks; although he does his best to hide this fact as he does not enjoy alienating people from him.

Talents: Jorik is, as stated, highly intelligent; he has a good understanding of most tech and computers. Moreover, he has studied most major wars that have occurred throughout human history, and can't help but investigate objects or manuscripts that may contain legends of humanity before Rivas, in short, he uses his knowledge of technology and history analytically, relating them to current events and situations in order to make decisions.

Brief Bio: Jorik was born to a wealthy sailing family on Aguaceles; however he lost his father to a pirate raid before he was yet two years old, his mother raised him on her own from that point on. When he was seventeen, his mother died as well, and he took over the family sailing business, four years later, another pirate attack claimed his ship and crew, however he was able to salvage his on-shore assets after swimming to safety, being picked up by another vessel. Now he has decided to join the formation of the new Ray unit, having nowhere to live and nowhere to go, just a not inconsiderable amount of money in his account.

Ray Ship:

Name: Freyja

Colour: The ship is a dark-green fading to black in general colouration; highlighted in dark orange on edges and visible equipment.

Personality: Freyja's personality generally mirrors that of Jorik's, however she is more playful and feisty, but not to the point where she would outright disobey an order from Jorik. She is also inquisitive, and like her partner, enjoys learning about new or historical things, to the point where she can hardly contain herself if, for example, new planets or systems were to be discovered, she would have to go explore them.

Last edited by a moderator:
One: Approved! XD

Two: How do you pronounce that last name?

Three: I've mentioned this before, but few seem to be keeping track that the Rays aren't formally part of the military. We are not soldiers.

Reactions: Reaper Jack
That goof's fine. Like I said, you aren't the first.

And I'm going to have fun intentionally mispronouncing that name. :) What nationality is that? Norway? Czech? Other?

It's Icelandic I believe. Or Old Norse, it crops up every now and then.

Sheet for pilot:

Name: Wayne Domino

Appearance:
star_citizen_fan_art_by_tector_victorious-d6jq3l5.jpg

Personality: Wayne is a calm, cool, and rational person. He looks at every situation from a detached and logical standpoint. He tends to keep to himself and a small circle of any friends he might make.

Talents: Parkour artist, Martial Artist, Knife fighter, Great cook, Wood statue carver

Planet/moon of origin: Aguaceles

Brief Bio: Wayne was recruited out of a bar after a particularly bad fight. A dispute over who got last call led to three broken ribs and several lacerations on one side, while the other escaped with a particularly bloody coat. Wayne was at the dry cleaners when they found him. He figured this life was better then jail, so he came along. The decision was an easy one. He lived alone in a single room apartment, no girlfriend, no friends, no family to speak of. He had a reputation that kept people away from him. One involving good cooking, bad statues, and knife fighting.

Sheet for Ray ship:

Name: Persona non Grata

Color: Pitch black

Personality: Persona is more easy going then Wayne, relying more on impulse then logic. It doesn't take much time to analyze situations, instead preferring to improvise until Wayne can come up with a solution.

I would just like to ask for a little more detail in your bio, but other than that I approve.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:Nishimura Yukiko[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender: Female[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Age: 19[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
cute-wallpapers-anime-girl-cute-wallpaper-background-wallpapers-blue-manga-city-hatsune-art.jpg

But she definitely would not be wearing that nonsense on a plane.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality: Happy, bubbly, innocent, sympathetic, and childlike.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Talents: Agile, maintains a cheerful attitude, often underestimated, creative. Also good at figuring out puzzles.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Planet/ Moon of Origin: Aguaceles[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Brief Bio: Yukiko was never meant to be a pilot. Her brother, Katsuro, was the one who had trained since he was little, the one she had followed to the facility hoping to see him bind to a Ray. But the ray hadn't chosen him, it had chosen her.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]She had a sheltered, happy life with her family, who owned a popular resort on Aguaceles. Yukiko was for all intents and purposes a normal girl; she went to school, hung out with her friends, and dreamed of being a tour guide. Of course, once a ray chose you, you had to stay with it for the rest of your life, and so she was forced to leave everything she knew behind. Of course, she was incredibly excited about the chance to see the world, even though her brother was furious.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ship Name: Demeter[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Color: Dark blue with lighter shimmering details.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personality: Motherly, caring, and responsible. Even though Demeter can't directly communicate with Yukiko, the ship still takes care of her.[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: Quiet One
Approved. I like how you made her the unintended choice. I plan on starting the RP with the Rays choosing their pilots, so I see that opening playing out in an interesting way.

Do we have enough to start the role-play soon? Have kind of lost count of how many characters have be submitted and approved.

@Danika: we have seven approved, and I believe one said he wanted to join. My goal was twelve, but eight I'll be honest is pretty good. I think it's only fair to wait until @egglegg makes a character sheet, and then start, leaving it open for the other four Rays.

That is fine with me! I just wanted to see how far along we are right now. And to be honest, I am very surprised that we now have seven Rays claimed. It is making this so exciting!

Yep! I'm trying to think up a few quick training exercises. I want to do a leap of faith test where I throw you all off a cliff and have your Rays rescue you. I also want to separate you from your Rays to the very edge of your clock apart from them. Both tests are meant to make you closer to your ships.

Yeah I tried to make a slightly useless character, because that will be challenging for me to rp.

If the Ray chose her, she's not useless. Like I said, their intelligence potentially rivals any human's. Your Ray sees something valuable in her the others don't.

Sheet for pilot

Name
Elijah Jones

Appearance
smile-anime-guys-12082279-850-1002.jpg
Personality
Elijah is an optimistic and clever young man. He might not seem to be all that smart, but he has common sense to spare and is great at thinking on his feet. He doesn't like to take charge of situations as he believes that others can handle them better, but he will make suggestions on how to handle things. He tends not to complain about much and doesn't mind doing large amounts of work. Not that this really ties into his personality, but he is colour blind and sees in black, white and various shade of grey in between, so he never buys any coloured clothing. At least not on purpose.

Talents
-good at making decisions
-hard worker
-sharp shooter/good aim
-acute sense of smell

Planet/moon of origin
Paipas

Brief Bio
Elijah was born into a large, religious family. He had many siblings, five to be exact, and was the 'middle' child, along with his twin sister, Augustine. The two of them were thick as thieves and still are to this day. She is perhaps the only member of his family that doesn't scorn him for having run off to live his own life and they see each other as often as they can. As mentioned before, Elijah's family was quite religious and he is very religious as well, never finding any fault with his parents devotion. He had even briefly considered becoming a priest until he realized that would most likely prevent him from doing his own thing and going out to see the world. As much as he loved his family he felt they smothered him and he longed for the freedom to go where he pleased and do what he wanted to do when he got there.
When he heard about the Rays he was intrigued and did everything he could to find out more about them. The freedom a ship of his own could give him, even if he was bound to it with a wrist band. It would be a wonderful, rather permanent, adventure. The moment he found out there were 12 Rays waiting for pilots he signed up. There was no way he would miss out on this opportunity.

Sheet for Ray ship:

Name
Augustine (after his sister)

Color
A grey colour with blue under tones to it. Although as far as Elijah is concerned it might as well just be plain old grey.

Personality
After being referred to as female by Elijah all the time the Ray has developed a personality close to Elijah's but a touch more feminine. It is also keen to play tricks on him, which mostly involve pretending to not work properly or turning off all the lights while he's trying to do something. However Augustine is fairly good at knowing when it is not appropriate to pull these sorts of pranks which keeps accidents (and Elijah's level of annoyance) to a minimum.​

Reactions: Quiet One
Throw our characters off a cliff and see which Ray goes after them? Honestly, I could just see Solange walking to the edge and jumping off on her own. hehe.