Idlaide - The Rays of Fortune OOC

Thank you. I also like the extra bit of color you added to your Ray, though I'm interested in how it acts ironic. I believe I mentioned that Rays don't have a way of verbally talking, and communicate mostly through noises and body language.

Okay, that works fine.

Still looking for people here! *holds out fishing line with cookie at the end*

Information of Ray pilot

Name : Solange Chevalier [french for "religious knight"]
Appearance : Stands at 5'6" and weighing in around 140lbs. Slender body with slight curves; is noted as having the body of a dancer. Hair is white, eyes are hazel, and skin is a pale cream. Single piercings on lower ears; no tattoos or scars.
Personality : Solange is a quiet, intelligent, and curious individual. Most of her time is spent reading some sort of text and shoving whatever information she comes across into her mind. Her view of the world around her is very logical and seemingly emotionless. To some she appears quite cold, but in truth she is very capable of emotion and warmth. It is merely due to others fake adoration of her that has made her closed off toward those around her.
Talents : - Photographic memory
- Fluent in various languages [French, Latin, Russian, Spanish, Gaelic, English, Japanese, Chinese/Mandarin, German]
- Dancer
- Knowledge of martial arts techniques [Wing Chun, Tae Kwon Do, Jiu Jitsu]
- Majored in Psychology with a minor in neuroscience [is fascinated with cognitive science]
Planet/moon of origin : Paipas
Brief Bio : Solange came from a family whose sole purposes were serving their religion. All of the males in her line went off and served the church by either becoming priests or guardians; followers who were trained in combat so that they may protect others of their religion. And the females? They tended to become sisters who spent their time learning all they could in order to teach others, or spent their time caring for families; and yes, they would care for other families. All in all, everything that lived for was for the betterment of themselves and those around them. For Solange though, she did not want to live a life of servitude to religion. Though she had gone to church with her family, learned the prayers and said them each night before going to bed, she found herself not wanting to end up like her mother and sister. Instead she longed to go out and help others in a different way. As a child she was quick to learn and enjoyed learning anything and everything that she could. Even going as far to spy on her brothers and watch them practice their combat training; later practicing when she was completely alone. By the age of fifteen Solange was fluent in numerous languages, an exquisite dancer, and getting excellent marks in all of her studies. Her parents were very proud of her, showing off her school marks to anyone they knew. Feeling that her parents were not as stuck on religion as she thought, Solange had approached them with the prospect of them sending her to a school where she could learn about her greatest passion: cognitive sciences. With her own mind being remarkable, Solange had become quite fascinated with the human mind and all that it could hold, do, create, and destroy. For months she would argue with her mother and father about going off to study. They were upset that she would want to move away and not follow in their footsteps. No matter how hard she tried, explaining in various ways why doing such a thing was best, Solange knew that she would not be able to achieve her dreams with their help. Finally she went to them both with an ultimatum : Either they give their blessing and help, or she would leave them forever; doing anything and everything she could to achieve what she wanted. Both of them knew what she meant, for she had explained to them in great detail just how much money someone like her could get with what their god had given her. With a heavy heart and sorrow in their eyes, both of them agreed to help Solange with her education. For the next nine years her parents paid for all schooling that she desired; even paying for private tutors to come from other cities to teach her.

The young intellectual would eventually write various papers on the human mind and how it functioned under various situations. Even going so far as to compare the human brain to that of an AI. It would be papers such as this that she would receive a visit from someone who worked in a branch that dealt with specialized ships that housed fascinating and very advanced AI's. These ships would be the highly advanced weaponry known as the Rays. Since Solange was knowledgeable in cognitive science, especially phsychology and neuroscience, they wanted to see if she could pair with one of the ships and help them to understand the AI's even more. Perhaps even help them to find a way to 'leash' them and get rid of the wristbands that they had built.

Information of Ray

Name : Liberte [french word for "freedom"]
Color : Gunmetal grey exterior with no other markings or coloring.
Personality : Liberte is named such because it allows Solange a freedom that she had never had before. Just like its pilot, Liberte seems very cold due to its solid coloring; other rays tend to have brighter colors or various markings. Both are quiet, Liberte only giving off a single beep or two whenever Solange speaks to it, and both always seem to be watching/studying those around them. Liberte has been known to go against orders and do what it [or Solange] thinks is best. When they are apart, both are closed off, but when they are together it is obvious there is a bond. Yes, the Rays do not have any real way to express emotions as humans do, but somehow it has become quite evident when seeing Solange and Liberte together.

qysopt.png

2ez5h5w.png

Please inform me if there is anything that needs to be edited, added, or removed.
And if need be, I can change the character completely if she does not fit the role-play.
Or if you would prefer me to create a male character instead, merely let me know and I shall do that.
Thank you.​

• Love
Reactions: Quiet One
I absolutely love it. By far the longest bio yet, but I'm not going to chastise you for showing more creativity! I also like how she's French, like my Ray captain.

I whole-heartedly approve!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
You Ray captain is French? I did not know that! Well, now he has someone to speak French with. :]

And i tried to keep her bio as short as possible, but I felt it needed to be known the sort of background she came from. More will be found out about her as the role-play goes on. Thank you so much for approving her!

If your character and mine are going to argue in French, though, I might need your help. I took French for two semesters in high school and all I know how to do is order a ham and cheese sandwich.

Just wondering if this is still open, I'd love to join! It's so unique!

Going to be totally honest here! I actually just use a translator on the internet for any non-English languages I use. Or I will just write it out in English, but note down that what was spoken was in another language.

IE : "I am sorry, but father is dead. I am so very sorry..." She spoke to him in french as her arms wrapped around his shoulders, holding him close as a tear rolled down her cheek.

@PostingOwl: It's absolutely still open! There's only three - three? - people so far.

And @Danika: That will make conversations so much easier. :)

I'm not counting me. I'm taking on more the leader/teacher role. But I guess if you count me I'll say there's only four, but that still means it's open.

Okay, how else besides banners can we get people to join. This is starting to worry me.

I don't want you to pester anyone, but if you think they might be interested in this, by all means.

Name: Gregory Milan, prefers Greg
Planet/moon of origin: Rivas
Appearance:
Smoking.jpg

(He has brown eyes)
Personality:
Selfish || Calm || Harsh || Stoic || Independent
Being the only child in his household consisting of only three, Gregory has learned quite quickly that it made life easier if you only took cared of yourself. His selfish nature increased even more after his mother died from overworking. From then on, he only did things that he could benefit from and refused to aid others if he deemed them useless.
Greg is usually calm in tough situations, both in and out of the battlefield. He usually keeps his calm demeanour by distancing himself from the problem until he's satisfied with a decision he has made. He thinks being calm is more beneficial to his health than being courageous.
Because of his selfishness, Greg can often be harsh to those around him. He is uncaring to almost everybody, including those related to him. Like stated before, he will hurt anything and anybody, especially if they stand between him and what he wants. He is merciless to those he thinks are worthless or an obstacle. He uses this trait to aid him on interrogations. His limit stops at kids, having a soft spot for them.
Gregory has made many enemies, and most of them want pay back; so he trained himself to be more stoic and has succeeded. He doesn't like losing, but when he does, he will do everything in his power to make sure you don't get the satisfactory of winning. The problem is, he's only good at being stoic during physical torture, he will break down like the average person in psychological torture.
Being independent was a trait he gained through just living alone for a long period of time. He does like using others, but usually does things on his own because of his slight distrust in other human beings. He also believes that if he messes up, the consequences will teach him to become better; acting sort of like a punishment for being unskillful enough.
Talents:
• Advanced survival and interrogation skills
• High pain tolerance
• Agile
Brief Bio:
Gregory was born in May 11th, to a small happy couple that had recently married. His childhood had it's bad and good parts, but money was always a reacurring problem that seemed to never go away. Jealous of most of the other kids in his school, he often stole some pocket money from his parents to buy small luxuries such as candy to ease the pain of the bullying, and was quite happy with just that. That is until his uncle and father began a small business agreement, but it ended sourly after some betrayal. Taking his family's savings had caused the boy to resent others, and started to look at people in a different light.
Because of that incident, his parents tried their hardest to gain back what they've lost, but this came with a heavy burden. Eventually his mother's body gave out and she died. This was a turning point for Greg, and has changed the way he viewed living.
As soon as he turned eighteen, he moved out, even if it meant going homeless for a while. Earning money through begging and working, he managed to rent an apartment. His reason for joining the military was because a police officer convinced him, and has signed up for the program because he wanted more experiance.

Name: Pluto, named after the roman god of riches.
Colour: A darkened sheen covers the entire ship, except for the tip in front, which shines white.
Personality: Obedient for the most part, but can act on it's own orders.​

Okay one note: even though I post relatively often, it takes me a loooooooong time to come up with a character. So maybe a few hours minimum.

@WhoopDau: Approved. Kind of nice to have someone to create tension among the group. My captain's not going to like his attitude, but hopefully there's a good person underneath.

@PostingOwl: Take your time. This doesn't look likely to fill up soon. I'll take a good character over a quick character any day.

-PLACEHOLDER-

I'd like to reserve this spot. Very interesting concept, I'm a total sucker for good ol' sci-fi xD
I'll post a character sheet tomorrow ^^

I hope you're still accepting (although it looks like you are if I've read everything correctly it's quite late)
And I'f there is still space I'd like to reserve a space! I'll get to the character as soon as possible.