Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrattyCommissar

Original poster
[btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/hpkwq5u]Accepted Characters[/btn][btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/identities-the-deviants.150217/]IC Thread[/btn][btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/zrnjuf7]Discord Server[/btn]​

Identities is a RP about finding yourself. About young people coping with the realities of a world that would burden them with responsibilities beyond their capabilities, and the further burdens of holding power in such a world.

Identities happens in a world of magic and super heroes. Of monsters both man and beast. A world divided between insular kingdoms within greater empires. The tradition of magic is long lived, and you are only recently joining it.

You see…

Long ago, the basic structures of society that we take for granted did not exist. Humanity was isolated from itself, enclaves walled in able to eek out a living but little more; monsters in the lands between the walls were too great of a danger.

Then one thousand years ago, magic woke within humanity.

The first mage, a man named Merlin, swore fealty to his trusted friend Arthur, and together they established the first true kingdom, ruling over multiple walled cities successfully. The Kingdom of Avalon was the first of many, and easily the most successful of such kingdoms, growing over the next millennium to be the Empire of Avalon.

Now, petty kingdoms, walled city states, dot the countryside. Populations in them outnumber the wildest dreams of global population before magic. Metal arteries line the world, as vehicles chug along transporting goods and people. Even the marches between the cities have become safer- due to well funded paramilitary anti-monster patrols called CRIT.

And the twin legacies of humanity and magic, endure.

You are a student struggling to find yourself. Your weekdays are spent at a secondary education school in the Kingdom of Kuakilla, a cell within the greater Avalon Empire. Your life consists of homework, internet memes, and your shitty taste in music. Between classes and hating that school uniforms are a thing, you hang out with friends and talk about tonnes of unimportant bullshit- because that's what kids do. Not all of those you know are your age, the school covers from 11 to 19 year olds, but you mostly stick to people closer to your age. Older kids are jerks and younger ones are idiots.

You dream of maybe one day getting to become a mage like the Kuakillan Wardens, or like one of the hedgemagi, but that's unlikely. Magi are rare, about 1 in 50'000 people are a magi- a 0.002% chance of being one, and magi rarer still if you're not a legacy case.

You're not one, by the way.

But today, today will be different. Because it's the day that you're proven wrong. That you have your magic awaken. That you get your power. That your entire life changes forever.

But when you are risen above your peers, you are burdened with responsibilities, and as you struggled before to find yourself human, who are you really now that you're more? And in this world where magi live double lives, secret identities and false personas are the norm- to protect oneself, to protect one's family. If you can even find yourself, who will know the real you?

Primary Links
[btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/zcxvqb9]Character Sheet and Systems[/btn] [btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/hxp9f27]CRIT Threat Levels and Magical Utilities[/btn][btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/j9tpbfv]Kuakillan Locations[/btn]

Ancillary Links
[btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/z9gk53k]Most Important NPCs[/btn]
[btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/gtbdyu7]NPC Groups[/btn] [btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/jy9nscf]Kuakillan History in Brief[/btn]
[btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/j6xzguz]Map of Kuakilla[/btn][btn=modc|http://tinyurl.com/zhy7rkh]Map of Kuakillan Hedge/Dark Magi[/btn]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Quickly made this sheet, I hope that's okay!

Civilian Name: Laika Aberich

Mage Name: Bubbles

Gender Identity: Female

Appearance: Laika has brown hair tied into pig tails, her hair reaching down to a few inches past her shoulders. Her eyes are a smoky gray color. She has freckles on her face and is slightly pale. She's about 4'5" and is of slender build. Her clothes are usually white long sleeved dress shirts and skirts that reach halfway down before her knees. The skirts are usually pastel in color.

Uniform: Correctly and in pristine condition, with few wrinkles

Presentation: Shoulders slumped, head slightly bowed, doesn't usually make eye contact, shy, voice soft and quiet, relaxed when doing chores

Primary Motivation(s): Find a family to call her own

Secondary Motivation(s): Be a good girl and do work

Obstacles & Obligations: Her shyness, sometimes stumbles with her speech and is repetitive, her duty is to the people of the orphanage

Perceptions
- Human: 3
- Danger: 0
- Super: 2
- Hero: 4
- Other: 4
Defining Moments
- Human: 0
- Super: 0
- Hero: 0
- Other: 0

Studies
- Artist
-= Chemical: 5
-= Design: 2
-= Expressive: 2
-= Modern: 2
-= Physical: 0
-= Structural: 0
- Athlete: 2
- Cadet: 0
- Magi: 4
- Medic: 3
- Noble: 2
- Pilot: 0
- Scoundrel: 1
- Student: 5
- Yeoman: 2
Masteries
- Artist
-= Chemical: 0
-= Design: 0
-= Expressive: 0
-= Modern: 0
- Athlete: 0
- Cadet: 0
- Magi: 0
- Medic: 0
- Noble: 0
- Pilot: 0
- Scoundrel: 0
- Student: 0
- Yeoman: 0

Magical Power Utility Style: First choice: Merlin class -, second choice: Merlin class /, third choice: Voyage class

Magical Power Thematic Style: Bubbles, water

Magic Power: Bubble dampening- Laika creates a bubble around herself that acts as a bit of a force field and weakens any magic that comes into contact with it. She can stack the bubbles to strengthen her bubble, sometimes to the point of nullification. She can also use the bubbles to float around, along with anything she grabs. Those who enter the bubble and use their magic find that the strength of it has returned to normal. When out of the bubble, however, the strength weakens.

History & Background: Laika was abandoned on the doorstep of an orphanage when she was a baby. She doesn't remember her mother or father, so any chance of meeting her birth parents were practically nonexistent. Even if she badly wanted it, she knew she would never have a chance of seeing them, ever.

The orphanage itself wasn't too bad. They had enough to eat and a warm place to sleep. There were a few bullies, yes, but usually their antics would be quickly addressed when told. However, the caretakers were always busy so they couldn't really spend time with one child. Due to this, Laika grew up to be very lonely, despite the fact the older kids tried to help out the younger ones. Well, some of the more caring ones at least.

Laika spent most of her time helping around the orphanage, from cooking to cleaning. She believed that, in doing so, she would be wanted and finally have a family of her own. Though for some reason, no one really wanted to adopt her. She didn't know why, and it crushed her spirit when potential parents left without adopting her. Still, she tried her best to be a good girl whenever possible, hoping that one day someone will come and adopt her.

But nobody came.

tumblr_m06bqaUu6m1qcijoio1_500.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Civilian Name[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Nat Deane[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mage Name[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Revenant[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: 19[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender Identity[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Transgender[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Uniform[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Nat wears her uniform somewhat slack, with her top button undone, tie loose, giving off the air that she's either disobedient of authority, or just a free spirit, which is the more likely answer. She chooses to not wear tights to cover her legs, since she thinks her legs are probably one of her better features. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Presentation[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Nat usually walks with her back straight, taking long strides whilst walking in contrast to shuffling along. She seems somewhat confident in her stride, her head held high, attempting to draw others to her socially, in order to mask a hidden shyness and nervousness of people. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Primary Motivation(s)[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Nat wants to see the world for herself, and be able to have many experiences to recall when she is finished her journeying days. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In addition, she finally wants to come to terms with herself and be at peace with who she is. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Secondary Motivation(s)[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nat wants to be remembered. She wants to be famous, but not in the way of celebrities, but more of folk legends people take their own peace in thinking about. She wants to be able to protect the ones she loves. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Obstacles & Obligations[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She wants to be accepted for who she is in the eyes of her friends and family, and have them come to terms with what she wants to do with her life. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Perceptions [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Human:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Danger: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]1[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Super:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Hero:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Other:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 5[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Defining Moments[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Human: 0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Danger: 0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Super: 0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Hero: 0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Other: 0[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Studies[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Artist[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Chemical: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Design: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Expressive: 5[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Modern: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Physical: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Structural: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Athlete: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]5[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Cadet: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Magi: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Medic: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Noble: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Pilot: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]4[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Scoundrel: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]5[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Student: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Yeoman: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Masteries[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Chemical: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Design: 0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Expressive: 0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Modern: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Physical: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Athlete: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Cadet: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Magi: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Medic: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Noble: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Pilot: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Scoundrel: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Student: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Yeoman: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magical Power Utility Style[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: 1]Nictus 2]Tyrant 3]Voyager[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Magical Power Thematic Style[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Transportation, Suggestion[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic Power[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History & Background[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nat never fit in, as far as she could tell. Her family were fairly average, not so much blue-collar, but had just enough luxury to live comfortably. Growing up was a struggle, considering Nat never liked what others liked. When sports were played, Nat drew. When popular TV shows were watched and discussed, Nat read. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]However, around the time high school hit, like a wave of nausea, everything went downhill. Nat was bullied for being different for years, taunted, teased and suppressed, even as she was finding out who she was. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She found solace in one friend whilst she was in high school, who helped her crawl her way back to the light, when all her days were filled with darkness. However, time came and went, and with the flicker of a switch, she was alone again, her friend moving away after the day of her 19th birthday. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But being alone sometimes has it's perks. [/BCOLOR]

12357379_1072346972788103_632168454_n.jpg

Civilian Name: Arian Blaise

Mage Name: Pulse

Gender Identity: Male

Uniform: Generally his uniform is often stained with paint or smudge with pencil and is never buttoned to the collar, tie is always messily knotted and extremely loose around the neck, the uniform jacket is often left unbuttoned and one side always seems to slip off his shoulder

Presentation: He generally displays a very noticeable lack of interest towards mundane things and is generally slack about fulfilling such things. His appearance is often very unkempt and bed rumpled, but there always seems to be a method to his madness. He is also a well mannered and polite speaker, albeit if not a bit soft spoken.

Primary Motivation(s): Learning and trying new things as often as possible.

Secondary Motivation(s): Being able to create and use his artistic ability

Obstacles & Obligations: Following specific routines everyday, and having to perform mundane tasks

Perceptions

- Human: 3
- Danger: 2
- Super: 1
- Hero: 2
- Other: 5

Defining Moments

Studies

Artist
Chemical: 4
Design: 5
Expressive: 5
Modern: 3
Physical: 3
Structural: 0
Athlete: 0
Cadet: 0
Magi: 0
Medic: 0
Noble: 0
Pilot: 2
Scoundrel: 4
Student: 4
Yeoman: 0

Masteries

Artist
Chemical: 0
Design: 0
Expressive: 0
Modern: 0
Physical: 0
Structural: 0
Athlete: 0
Cadet: 0
Magi: 0
Medic: 0
Noble: 0
Pilot: 0
Scoundrel: 0
Student: 0
Yeoman: 0

Magical Power Utility Style: 1] Eldritch 2] Hydra 3] Forger

Magical Power Thematic Style: Darkness, Electricity/Polarity

Magic Power: Electromagnetic Field Orbs: Each orb is basically ball that Arian can throw, drop, hold and manipulate the size of to do various things such as, but not limited to -generating a field to create a scrap metal golem at his command, violently drawing in metal to it before expelling it out as an attack, drawing in metal to act like a swirling force field of doom (not really but it would probably feel like you're going through a wood chipper) around him, or even be EMP style grenades to take out electronics and even other magi-tech things

History & Background:

The first four years of Arian's life started out with no father figure to speak of, but this had been the least of his worries back then. It had been November when the accident happened. His mother was driving around trying to figure out what to get him for his birthday, and when she had found something he liked, Arian didn't want to leave the store without it. Now that they were on their way home without said toy fat tears were rolling down his chubby cheeks and he was kicking the back of his mother's seat. Worn down from the tantrum his mother turned around for a breath of a moment to try to sooth him, and that had been the fatal mistake.

In that moment the light ahead had shifted to red, horns flared out a warning, brakes started screeching, and his mother snapped back to attention only to find it was too late. An oncoming car had slammed into the driver's side door at full speed claiming his mother's life.

Police arrived on seen long enough to take in the details of the accident, arrest the teenager that had been texting and driving, and figure out who Arian's next of kin would be. That turned out to be the man who he would spend the next ten years of his life with, his mother's father, Dorian Blaise.

Now all those years later Arian had grown up significantly and learned quite a few lessons. For a time Arian had spent a small amount of time stealing petty things as a way to act out his fustration and gain attention. This ended shortly after a week spent in juvenile detention followed by the look of disappointment in his grandfather's eyes. And as the years went Arian learned the meaning behind being a gentleman and how to spill his jumbled emotions into more positive and creative pursuits.

Last edited:
Spent time talking with the co-gm ( @Uyu ) on the character sheets put up so far. Because ye.

@chaosheart13 your character is fine. Your mechanics are done correctly. I'm already working on possible powers. Very magical girl. The one thing I want to cover is making sure that you'd be comfortable with a paragraph or two per post and a couple posts per week. I checked your profile and you seem to want a faster paced RP. If this slower pace is okay, then we good, otherwise it may be in your best interest to look elsewhere.

@Arcadia your character has an issue with the mechanical bits of it. Your points for labels do not add up to 13. 3, 2, and 5 make 10! Otherwise we're both pretty good on your character and yourself.Though I was like ??? to you putting 'transport' as a theme with voyage as a third choice for classification. That said, I'm sure I can make it work

@MischieviousCheshireX3 your character is a WIP and so shouldn't be judged by the same criteria as others. That said your mechanics are done properly save for the bit about not removing the note as to how many points to spend. Also your power arrangements... I think are going to be fun. Already got a pretty nifty power in mind for you if your full character is good.

if need be i can put a more realistic image for the appearance, and i have also finished my character sheet

if need be i can put a more realistic image for the appearance, and i have also finished my character sheet
The image is fine, I've no qualms against anime images.

Secondly, have not yet conferred with the Princess, but I'm thinking your character is a-ok. The only thing I'd change, in retrospect, is putting the 0s in on the skills that are 0s instead of leaving them blank. But, that's a minor detail.

When I get home from work tonight I'll be conferring with her, and then after she and I both have characters finished I'll be putting up a new button at the opening post to link to accepted characters. Because yay buttons.

All of that being said, yourself and others, so at this point just @chaosheart13 and yourself, check out the discord! It'll be a good way of chilling with the other people in the RP and when I'm not away at work, probs the best way to communicate with me if you have comments, issues, and concerns.

Actually if it gets enough activity among players, it would at least encourage me to increase the pace of the RP as you guys are comfortable with...

So get in there, nerds.

@Elendra

I'm fine with whatever posting, doesn't need to be fast or slow. Also, I didn't expect Laika to be magical girl like XD Can't wait to get this started and I'll check out the discord server in a bit!

I actually made a discord this morning heh

[BCOLOR=transparent]Character Sheet[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Civilian Name[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Devin Alexander[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mage Name[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: < blank for now, fill it in after you have magic >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: 19[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender Identity[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Short trim full, dark brown beard with accents (natural highlights) of orange and blond. Short cut dark brunette head hair--around 1 1/2 inches of head hair. Uniform, decently kept (doesn't look hairdresser/barber done, but still okay) eyebrows. Pasty white skin with blue eyes. Freckles adorn his face solely streaking from one cheek bone, over the bridge of his nose, to the other cheek done. However, they're not very prominent (you would be able to tell unless you were in his face). There are also scars around his knuckles, very few on the palms, and some on the digits. The scars are very small, and are from mishandling tools. The skin of his hands a calloused yet smooth--rather than rough and gritty, you could say they're simply tough. Devin's 5'8", but also a little overweight.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Uniform[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Shirt is un-tucked, with the top button undone (unless there is a tie, with which the shirt is tucked in with a tie and suspenders). Depending on the sleep gotten the prior night, it will or will not be ironed with a potentially loose tie (if one).[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Presentation[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Though generally positive, nice, and actively helpful towards others, Devin can be a Debby downer when it comes to himself. Essentially, he has not been able to apply the same optimism he instills in others towards his own work and self image. This is outwardly expressed through happiness when with others, and glumness when alone. He has great posture until he is behind a computer screen--for all else he'll sit up straight. The moment he begins typing, he'll hunch forward. Out of uniform, he'll wear long sleeve button down shirts and polos un-tucked, typically with khaki pants and generic sneakers.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Devin is good at emphasizing his words when speaking, which helps him create an emotional depth during conversations, yet he can easily be broken down into a fumbling, stuttering mess depending on how he is feeling during a situation. Most of his emotional expression comes through with his tone of voice--typically he talks at a moderate noise level, but could get louder with excitement and lower with negativity (including anger).[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Typically he is a supporting individual, with the passion to help. This can be good and bad, due to the potential of over-investing into a situation (i.e. just really wanting to help solve a problem). Additionally, he enjoys making references to things, using his smart phone and computer, playing video games, and art. He tries to talk with others about these things.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Emotional intelligence is definitely his strong suite. He easily picks up and verbal and nonverbal expressive queues, and is typically able to anticipate another's emotion. To clarify, he usually is able to register what they are feeling without them needing to speak it, this is not to say he will ever know what causes those emotions. Unfortunately, he has the tendency to adopt those feelings. If an individual is greatly upset, he could become upset too--just at a lesser degree than the other person. This makes Devin come off as relatable, when really he's expressing empathy and sympathy. He doesn't see himself as relatable. He's very realistic about this, and doesn't pretend to relate to others when he clearly cannot.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]He also tries to be funny, typically he's not. Additionally, he's quite the existentialist.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Primary Motivation(s)[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Become a better person for not just others, but himself, and learn to distance himself emotionally (to a safe degree) from others.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Secondary Motivation(s)[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Learn to appreciate himself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Obstacles & Obligations[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]: Fear of being a mage; this could lead to great difficulty developing a sense of ownership of his life, and less likely able to develop self love due to his fear of power. Work; he's working his first job after school, late at nights, as a line cook. School work; he wants to go to college so he can eventually get a decent job with benefits.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Perceptions [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 13 points to allocate freely >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Human:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 4[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Danger:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 1[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Super:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 1[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Hero:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Other:[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] 5[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Defining Moments[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Human: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Danger: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Super: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Hero: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Other: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Studies[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] < 30 points to allocate freely >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Chemical: 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Design: 0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Expressive: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Modern: 2[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Physical: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]0[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Athlete: 1[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Cadet: 1[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Magi: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]5[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Medic: 1[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Noble: 3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Pilot: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]5[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Scoundrel: 1[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Student: 5[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Yeoman: 4[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Masteries[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Chemical: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Design: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Expressive: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Modern: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Physical: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]-= Structural: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Athlete: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Cadet: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Magi: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Medic: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Noble: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Pilot: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Scoundrel: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Student: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]- Yeoman: [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]< 0 so far >[/BCOLOR]

Magical Power Utility Style: <I'd prefer to leave this 100% up to you/I do not want a say.>

Magical Power Thematic Style: <I'd prefer to leave this 100% up to you/I do not want a say.>

Magic Power:
[BCOLOR=#000000]Nightmare[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Devin's power underwent a tragic manifestation. His spine was shifted out of sync with his body, rendering him paraplegic. The process, however, gave him a tail--the crux of his power.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While awake, his tail is nothing but a small nub that is at the base of his spine.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While asleep, the tail breaks through his skin, extending further out. The tail will stretch over his body, forming a husk of bone around him, taking the shape and/or function of what he sees himself as in his dreams.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This skeletal golem encapsulates his form, and takes on additional appendages and abilities based on the thoughts before drifting asleep. Waking up causes the bone golem to become brittle, and shatter. His tail retracts into his skin.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]History and Background:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Devin Alexander comes from an arguably normal family, albeit large. He is one of seven, and his father works a successful salaried job while his mother seeks to further her education. His siblings vastly range in age, with him being on the upper end. Devin feels the need and expectation to succeed due to his older brother working as a programming engineer, and his older sister managing two retail stores. Additionally, his best friend that currently lives a distance away works as a programming engineer and constantly bothers him about not taking interest in doing the same. Devin and his younger siblings are all still in school, however, now (like his mother) he is seeking to further his education for once he is done with school.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Essentially, all he really wants in life, for the moment being, is to continue his current standard of living. In particular, he's looking to go into a career relating to psychology, current plan being a therapist or counselor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Devin is not an excellent student, nor the worst. He is average. He gets along remarkably well with his peers, however he's not one to stick out. He's neither popular, nor outcasted. He's simply there. However, his peers are generally comfortable around him, and seek advice and counsel from him. This has to do with his welcoming atmosphere, and not because he's walking up to every person he thinks is upset and asking them what's wrong. A lot of who he is comes from his positive upbringing. He's just a decent person to be around, despite his consistent ill attempts at humor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Additionally, he just acquired his first part time job in the beginning of the academic year as a bar cook. His day typically consists of him going to school, going home to study, and then work from the late evening until midnight. Monday through Friday, every week, like clockwork. On the weekends he hangs out with some friends, sometimes to drink like the usual teenager, and helps around the house.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Nah this ain't dead.

You kidding, we're only getting started.

Finalising pre-IC stuff tomorrow and then tomorrow evening IC should be up.

so after a consensus from the discord, the RP got a name change, the IC group is gonna be called the Deviants, and the RP's name has been changed to reflect this.

ALSO the IC is up, check the button in the OP! Get to posting your lil bits! Remember, I'm really only asking for like a paragraph or two per post and a post or two per week. MORE IS GOOD but that's like the minimal right there. You guys can do it. I believe in you.

For this first round of posting, I'll be fine doing more posts as like Miyako, but the next GM post will be the thing that really gets the ball rolling. For now, just introduce your characters and how they feel about 'the Forest'.

"Why's it called that, by the way? The name is the Secret Springs Secondary School, how'd it get that name?"

Secret Springs Secondary School.

S ecret S prings S econdary S chool.

SSSS

4S

sounds like Forest

BAM

0HHjPdh.jpg

Civilian Name: Terryll Redmond

Mage Name:

Gender Identity: Male

Appearance: Dark, tanned skin. "5'4, skinny frame, sharp-ish (developing) complexion, dark brown hair and eyes. (hair looks black, but in sunlight is revealed to be brown) Hair is lightly fluffy and wavy-ish. Asian appearance and eye shape.

Uniform: Worn properly, but jacket is either absent or just hung off on one shoulder.

Presentation: Determined demeanor, sharp stare, upright posture, speaks with a casual and friendly tone, but has an unexpectedly deep voice. Usually walks in short stride, as if he has no worries. Sociable, always willing to make a friend, and can also get excited over the smallest things. also a meme

Primary Motivation(s): To succeed and provide for his family and himself.

Secondary Motivation(s): To show to the world, and most importantly to his mother that he is, can be, and always will be better than his father.

Obstacles & Obligations: Terryll has had bouts of self-doubt, sometimes so strong his own will cannot overpower them. With the pressure of a family depending on you and you alone, you start to worry sometimes...

Perceptions

- Human: 4

- Danger: 2

- Super: 2

- Hero: 5

Defining Moments

Studies

- Artist

-= Chemical: 2

-= Modern: 1

-= Physical: 2

- Athlete: 4

- Cadet: 4

- Magi: 4

- Medic: 3

- Noble: 0

- Pilot: 3

- Scoundrel: 0

- Student: 4

- Yeoman: 3

Masteries

- Artist

-= Chemical: 0

-= Modern: 0

- Athlete: 0

- Cadet:

- Magi:

- Medic:

- Noble:

- Pilot:

- Scoundrel:

- Student:

- Yeoman:

Magical Power Utility Style:
1) Eldritch
2) Vitra
3) Voyage

Magical Power Thematic Style: Shield, Support, Speed, Fire

Magic Power:

History & Background: As a child, Terryll had lived a nice life. His dad was a multimillionaire, his mother was happy, and so he was happy.

Then, when he was 6, his father had started to develop a gambling habit.
A bad gambling habit.

By the time he was 8, his father had gambled most of what they had away. His parents would fight (verbally, it never escalated beyond that thankfully.) frequently and he would try to intervene but to no avail. Even still, he was enjoying the good life as they tried to provide for him and his two siblings.

Still oblivious.

Eventually, his mother and father separated. He knew it would happen eventually. It was inevitable. However, he was still oblivious. Arrogant. As the years would pass, his mother would become more demanding. He thought it was just his mom being "mean", but as he approached the age of 12, he started to understand and listen to all the blabber that Mom spoke out so frequently. His father was a bad man. That slob of a person could care less for him, for his mother, and for his brother and sister.

Terryll's hatred for people like his father manifested, and in doing so, strengthened his resolve.
He would become better than his father in every way, and show his mother that he could do it. He could even show the world if he wanted to.

Katherin I believe you filled out the character sheet wrong o.o

But you've definitely put more writing then was necessary, but hey i can't nag you if you did it for fun heh, sorry

the only thing i would suggest changing is all the black writing to a different more see able color, i use a black background so i cant see it at all without having to highlight it, if you wouldn't mind it would be much appreciated

But you've definitely put more writing then was necessary, but hey i can't nag you if you did it for fun heh, sorry
Sorry. I wanted to fill out the form completely.

the only thing i would suggest changing is all the black writing to a different more see able color, i use a black background so i cant see it at all without having to highlight it, if you wouldn't mind it would be much appreciated
Is that better?

Status
Not open for further replies.