ICSYL Scourge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noe stared as her mother engaged Edward in a verbal battle, before she stopped moving, refusing to say a word. Her father rushed at Madesi, but she managed to fend him off without too many issues. Now she was screaming, grasping at her head like something was threatening to rip her apart. Both of her parents were incapacitated now. Edward took the chance to make an escape, offering his hand to Noe, who, after a moment of hesitation, gave Edward a limp hand, standing up slowly, her eyes welling up with tears. She nodded to him, signalling she was ready to go.

Once again, Sheena returned to Teros. This struggling to help Sienna keep up her composure. She wanted to collapse. Yet Lucaia demanded both of them report in at the cathedral. They were both invited to her quarters.

"How did it go? Did you vanquish Dark Bogan successfully? And how strong has the creature grown, has it been feeding upon the living?? How many causalities? You two were blessed by the gods to return here alive after such an encounter. You have done so well! True heroes to the Order!The Emerald Eagle and the Lavender Lark!"

Sheena shook her head. "Lady Lucia. Do not give us such words of praise. While it is true we may have defeated the creature and escaped alive. I am not so certain it's dead for good. You said it yourself it is not easy to kill. We also are mourning because we lost Norte...He had met that thing before. He..He gave up his life to save us from that thing..It's not a victory if it comes at such a cost!" She told most of the truth but did not call attention to the fact it may have been Sienna's fault or the fact they had help from the ABC and Nacim the very person Lucia had "killed" in the Purging incident.

Lucia was not good at feinting concern in the death of Norte but she told Sheena, "I am sorry to hear that. But it must have been fate. Fate that he had a chance to fight the creature that took so much from him.. He wanted to go on this mission. The Gods have our fates decided for us you see. Yet our actions are free, we can choose how to proceed along the given path. You two walk the righteous one. He was perhaps too concerned with revenge in his life. That was his fatal sin. A poor fool." Sheena was not happy with the way Lucia brushed off his death as if she knew it would happen but still let him go regardless. Sheena glared at Lucia angrily but spoke not a word to her.

Having a rare moment of courage Sienna spoke up, "Tt--tthat's wrong! That's wrong Lady Lucia! He was a good man....He--He died for my sake...I reminded him of his daughter he told me before we flew off to the City. I won't let you just dismiss his death like that! I-i-i don't care who you are! He wasn't a filthy sinner, he was a hero! A savior! He should be honored, not insulted like that!!! He saved my life!!!"

Stricken with worry, Sheena tried to cover up Sienna's mouth before she could say anymore. Lucia however did not respond with hostility,"You truly are a brave little one, Sienna. To speak out against the leader of an entire country with such ferocity! I see your point. But you must know, some sacrifices are necessary. He was one. But we can honor him, I will see to it they craft the most beautiful gravestone for him and we will hold a funeral for him. They will gather flowers from my stock, the most elegant I have to offer! I will do that for you. My blossoming little warrior! You continue to make me proud!"

Rather irritated but feeling as if now she had a chance Sheena spoke up,"Lady Lucia, if I may ask please. Tell me, what was the real purpose of this mission? How did you know that thing would be there? I must know the truth! And even if you think or hope she's an amazing fighter, she was terrified! As her aunt, I don't think she belongs on the battlefield! You need to provide her with proper training! Seeing him die will haunt her forever. A child like her is not ready for war!!! It will only scar her eternally! No one..No one can truly be prepared to lose a comrade like that! Why did you expose us to the horrors of that monster without ample support?! Why did we not get help from the other generals?!!! As of now. I'm not sure it's even dead!! That thing has regeneration capabilities are you mentioned and we did not find a body or any traces of it!"

This caused Lucia to show some signs of anger in her expression. She clapped her hands to signal Arabella, "Arabella, stay near me. Sheena, my dear. I know our friendship is a long one but now you are trying my patience. After I've done so much for you. You must not question me so much. You must believe in me. I am a divine Goddess, Sheena! My decisions are absolute! You cannot bargain with me, you cannot attempt to give me orders. I have chosen Sienna. Her abilities are amazing! We are not the ALF, our forces thrive upon real combat experience! Learning on the battlefield first hand. Sacrifices are necessary. People will die, you must accept it! It is a part of war! And war is a part of LIFE! To deny her this experience is to prevent her growth!"

Arabella glanced over at Sheena. Her expression still blank. She was more like a statue than another person. She only seemed to exist to do Lucia's bidding. To serve her and to guard her. Her own ideas, thoughts and feelings? No one ever heard her speak. Perhaps she was unable to. Perhaps she was just an creation born from magic to serve Lucia, not even a real living thing. Her prescience startled Sienna and even gave Sheena a cause of the chills.

She continued to signal Arabella,"That is why we must bring a swift end to it! In the name of the Gods, I must be made ruler of this world no matter the cost! I am the savior of the world and only I can restore it back to the way it should be!!!! The world of life and beauty the Gods desire! A place where nature thrives and this technology that brings only war does not exist! Mortals should never have the power to destroy the world we have been blessed with!!!"

Sienna looked somewhat confused on what to do now. She decided to remain silent instead of speaking up for Sheena. She knew she couldn't get out of this. It was her duty now to be a part of the OOA's military. There was no getting out of it. Lucia got whatever she wanted whenever she wanted there would be no persuading her.

She smiled as Arabella handed her a chalice filled with fine wine. She sipped from it and continued,"I am the Goddess Lucia, your leader! I come before family, friends, love. Without me, your people would either be slaves to the ALF, thugs for hire for Shintaion or Lavion's minions! I took you in! I made you what you are today! You are still not strong enough to stand alone without your lover, are you? Hmph! You only need me, Sheena. And I need you. I have no intention of showing you my Divine Powers. Those whom try to fight me do not live to tell. My claims of being a Goddess are not just ample boasts! So just know your place, Sheena my Emerald Eagle! At my side, as a loyal elite general! Not as a critic! Just as you do not take a frail flower out of the sunlight it needs, I will not hold Sienna back! She must grow and she must experience real war!"

Sheena looked frustrated and let out a sigh as she gave up trying to reason with Lucia. Lucia sipped triumphantly taking Sheena's silence as her compliance. Sienna was bothered by this as well but hid it. She had the same questions Sheena did.

"Now then Sheena and Sienna.. You are dismissed. We will hold a funeral in a few days. For now get some well earned rest. I am truly sorry we depend so much on you but ground forces are hard to get onto Shintaion soil. Soon the burden upon your shoulders will be lifted, bear with it for now. Consider it a trial from the Gods! The water beasts...Or perhaps even the Good General's men.. They will join you in battle in due time. Just have faith. Believe in our power, believe in your power! Believe in your Lady Lucia! I will guide us all out of this darkness that the world has become!"

Sheena left Lucia's quarters quickly but Sienna seemed a bit absent minded and lingered there. Lucia closed the door and spoke to her."Her jealousy is clear. Jealous of my beauty, my position of power and my divine strength! I may no longer be able to trust her. You must watch over her and insure there is no treachery. She had no right to question me. She is not pure of heart like you and I. I fear she does not even truly love you, she is merely caring for you out of guilt! It was more of the fact you were forced upon her or else you'd die! Not out of the goodness of her heart and soul! Not out of real love!"

"NO! You're wrong! I...Lady Lucia..I can't fight Auntie, she's like my mother....I really don't think she'd do such a thing! Auntie is a good-"' Sienna struggled to carry on her sentence. She was filled with worry and hesitation about what she would do next.

"Do not be a fool! She is not your mother and no loner your Auntie, she is Sheena! You must address her as such! Do not be blinded just because you are blood related. She won't care about that if you get in her way. Don't think for a second she won't betray you. She is growing too powerful and beloved among the people. I have reason to believe she is planning a rebellion to overthrow me!! The Gods have told me such! Do not be so naive...Be prepared.. But I pray for our sake, I pray she will not be so foolish. Now you may leave, Sienna. May the Gods bless your soul!"
Lucia prayed as Sienna left the room.

Now Sienna's head was racing. She had no idea who to trust now. Sheena told her one thing and Lucia told her the other. Whom was right, who was lying? She thought to herself, "I..don't understand...One of them is lying to me. Lucia sent Uncle and his forces to die...but then Lady Lucia is telling me she wants to overthrow her? Did Auntie lie to me or is Lady Lucia lying? I-i-i don't know what to do...I can't do anything...I have no way to know who really is guiding me and who just wants to use me..I..don't know anymore.."

She caught up with Sheena and for now, set her doubts aside. She had to wait and see who was telling the truth. She hated this uncertainty. She was going through enough dealing with the fact she was responsible for getting a comrade killed and now this.

Noe might have been in tears but the battle was left in tatters. Edward and Madesi both moved towards a more populated end of the city with their comrade. The good doctor did not think it was wise to ask anything more of the child who seemingly was heart broken. Whether her heart was broken over her parents rejecting her or him basically torturing her mother was yet to be revealed to him. Yet, like any doctor's code there was his own. That in itself was to not cause any fatality from his feasting and to know not to piss off the opposite sex. There were questions that could wait for a later time. In the awkward silence that had been established most of their walk they ended up at the provided headquarters for the Arcadian forces. Surely they would get something to do that would take their mind off of current affairs.

One of Nacim's informants had told him rumors of the ALF facility located in the Solemn Forest near the ruins of what once was Gallow, city by the swamps. A forest that still was green but not considered beautiful due to the dangerous swamps around it and its past. These rumors were of new technology being tested. The area was considered an accursed, monster ridden and overall dangerous hence why the ABC never secured it or tried to rebuild it. It was not worth the resources it could possibly provide to try to secure it.

Solemn Forest was most known for being the location of the most horrific battle in the war. A place it was said where the vengeful spirits of those killed in the war dwelt and haunted. A gateway to the Underworld once stood in the forest as well. People whom went into the forest never returned so it was said. Yet none of these things scared off the ALF, they took advantage of the native fear of the location and secured a facility there. What once was an old factory was now their facility.

He arrived at the HQ for the Arcadians but when he did he noticed everyone there was wearing new uniforms with SDF written on them instead of ABC. It seemed so sudden to him although it had been discussed.

A human grunt guarding one the entrance spoke to Nacim recognizing him and seeing his confusion to an extent. He saluted and then spoke up, "Ah, sir! Commander Nacim! The transition has begun as discussed in the meeting. Azull, ABC and other allies on Shintaion are being united into one singular organization as Zigus has decided is best. The Shintaion Defense Force is that organization! It's been planned and discussed for a while but as of today it's official. You can pick up the uniforms for your unit in that room to your left. They're all set! Welcome to the Azull SDF HQ, Commander!"

"Thank you soldier. You're very helpful. Zigus is wasting no time in this transition. I understand and respect it fully. We are more than just Arcadians after all, we're fighters for Shintaion's freedom. Now if you excuse me I must be off. I have business to attend to here." Nacim picked up the box for the new uniforms and then moved deeper into the compound until he reached the appropriate room. The 4th unit's meeting room.

As he entered, he noticed he was not alone. In the room he saw Edward and Madesi. "Ah, the mercenaries. You've got good timing.. I was just about to try to call you on the radio channel..We need some spy work done. There is an ALF facility located in Solemn Forest located to the south of the ruins of Gallow. They're constructing some sort of devices there that can nullify energy. If such devices are allowed to be completed, magic and energy will not be reliable against them any longer. It would give them too great of an advantage over our forces. Something we cannot allow."

"The problem is the facility is guarded heavily. That is how they feel so confident testing new technology right at our doorstep on Shintaion soil. We can't just rush in there and expect to survive on brute force alone.. That is where you come in. Your orders are To infiltrate it and sabotage it from within. If possible I would like you to seize one of the devices and anything else you can while there.. Destroy whatever you cannot secure or take with you. The unit will arrive once you've done your part and we will shut down this facility for good. Any further questions about the mission?""

Noe was silent during the journey back to base, entirely humiliated. She had lost with no contest, and had been "spared" from death, only to be marked a coward yet again. The physical injuries were nothing compared to the mental strain. Madesi and Edward walked into the building, but Noe stayed outside, slumped against the wall. Her mind was a maze right now. This was partially due to the beating she'd just taken, but more from the thoughts racing through her mind. She felt like she was a dream, floating around in a haze, unable to do anything. She gazed at the sky, an odd expression of apathy on her face

Lucette's search continued yet she hit a roadblock. She had to figure out where the twins were. Her first bet was at the SDF base. Before she could enter it however she noticed Noe there all by herself, clearly disturbed and not in the best shape at all. Something beyond what Lucette could grasp was eating away at her.

"You poor thing. Mrs.Lasereve I presume. I know not who or what did this to you but allow me to help if you will. Your wounds require treatment post haste! Allow me to help! Do not fear this beautiful healing light....For just this instant, try to put your mind and soul at ease." Lucette spoke calmly but with resolution, determined to help Noe. Her intentions seemed just for once yet it was both a tactical and an emotional decision. Noe would not be combat ready soon enough in such a state, leaving her like that would not end well.

Lucette closed her eyes and focused her light energy. She let out a soothing light that made contact with Noe and touched her wounds. It could not heal them entirely but it began to slowly heal her wounds and it prevented infection with its purifying light. Lucette then opened her eyes and smiled after she was done.

"No need to thank me. But perhaps there is more I can do for you...I cannot heal mental scars, alignments of the mind but I can at least help you get somewhere to rest before the next mission....You can trust me, my name is Lucette and I am joining your unit. No need to introduce yourself formally if you do not have the strength. I can tell you are veritably exhausted so no need for a formal introduction on your part. Just allow me to shepherd you to safety." Lucette offered to help Noe in her current state and awaited a reply. Although she was resolute to help regardless, she could tell Noe was in dismal shape and in need of this.

Noe listened to Lucette's explanation after she healed her, shutting her eyes at the sight of the light. Lucette...? She searched her mind for some reminder of where she'd heard that name before, and it hit her.

"Lucette? You're that... self-righteous bitch...The one who thinks it's her job to stop all the criminals in the city...I remember now...I used to hear stories about you...Right...self-righteous, but strong and powerful...If I beat you...it'd prove I'm strong, and...and they'd accept me again..." She broke off the sentence, launching herself off the ground, aiming a solid punch for Lucette's stomach, a new sense of fury visible in her actions.

Lucette was caught off guard and found herself unable to dodge the blow in time. As it hit, she grinned at the whole situation despite the pain it inflicted upon her. She knew she had the upper hand easily despite the surprise attack. She quickly backed off and moved away from Noe after the hit. Punching more distance between the two.

"Oh dear, strong indeed.. Yet so foolish. You do realize the magnitude of what you're attempting? The sheer audacity you have is astounding! To use such a word to address a lady is very unbecoming. I offer you kindness and you respond with lunacy!!! I healed your wounds so you could recover, not so I could beat you into submission in such a one-sided affair and repeat the healing!! Please, do not waste my time Mrs.Noe Lasereve! I am not the head of the Arceneau family for nothing! Allow me to demonstrate!!!"

She quickly formed her light energy musket without hesitation and aimed it straight at Noe as she glared straight into her eyes. "Now that I have given you time to think about this...Do you intend to proceed? Fighting me, a legendary light beast assigned to your UNIT just for glory? Hoping to win, hoping the fight is not broken up by SDF members as we fight right outside the base? The political implications this incident could have. Picking a fight and accosting an ambassador from Lavion would be beyond counter productive. And above all, it would bore me to tears to do battle with you in your current state...."

She shook her head and laughed as she charged energy for her musket just in case. "Now given these facts, do you still insist on being a savage and picking an unwinnable fight against me? Can you be a true upstanding young lady and know when to quit? I am on your side, Mrs.Lasereve, please do not damage your standing with me any further. I do not seek out such trifles. I expect a lot from you but I know you will deliver in the end. Now please do tell me your choice...."

Mach and Ina now having obtained new items were joyful pip squeaks as they made there way back to the government building; they didn't find any information on the cannons but at the moment they were all right with that. The twins hoped that maybe if they searched through enough files in the government building they may have a hairs chance of finding anything remotely related to the magic cannons.
They made their way in to the archive and rummaged through files after files, for them it was only a matter of time until they found something they were units of seemingly infinite energy and time didn't have much meaning to them...

Facing down the barrel of Lucette's musket, one would've expected Noe to forfeit. Instead, she did the exact opposite, making a bold grab at the musket and forcing it down as quickly as she could, aiming another fist at her face. If it connected, she would aim a knee to her gut. Her attacks were as straightforward as ever, but she didn't care. The voice in her head was taunting her, telling her how useless she was now, how this was a waste of time. Noe grabbed her head and muttered out loud.

"I'm useless...? I'll just take this out on you...And I'll break that pretty body of yours you keep bragging about!"

Lucette was not foolish enough to fall for another surprise attack and this time she managed to dodge it but due to Noe's attack, her charged energy was wasted and she would have to do so again. It was the price she paid for being able to evade the punch. She began to attempt charging her musket again, this time keeping further away from Noe. Yet she didn't know what other methods of attacking Noe had up her sleeve. She had only heard that Noe had several different fighting styles. The multiple personalities were not known to her.

She adjusted her glasses as if to taunt Noe, feeling completely safe in doing so at that moment. "Your folly and madness is everlasting. If you insist on fighting me, then perhaps there is little choice in the matter. I am too well known for my own good it does seem. But I shall see to it I do not incur damage to the facility nor serious damage to your body unless you force me to. But it truly saddens me to see you fight like a mangy cur instead of a proud female soldier! Like an animal instead of a truly sentient being!!" Lucette commented, disappointed and upset but willing to do what it took to get Noe to leave her alone.

"Hmph! Show me what you REALLY can do if you're going to waste my time, I at least want some entertainment from a savage demon like you! A performance worthy of an encore would be most pleasant. You won't best me so please do remove that idea from your deranged cranium! So do just give it your best shot instead of wasting valuable time!"She looked at her right hand and contemplated removing the glove so she could unleash her claws on Noe. Instead, she decided to do something more drastic. She fired off her musket firing off three musket balls at Noe, these rounds were not intended to be fatal ones but certainly could do some damage. She was hoping to land at least one or two, aiming for Noe's legs in hopes of limiting her mobility.

Lucette's taunting was simply feeding Noe's rage, bringing her blood closer and closer to a boiling point.

"Mangy cur?! There's no time for anything less in a fight! If you win, there's your pride, but if you lose... I'll cleave you in two, damnit! That'll shut you up for good, and nobody...nobody can say I'm weak again... You're dead!"

She ran towards Lucette stubbornly, a number of voices yelling in her head. You're useless...Useless, completely useless, pathetic, weak. Useless, useless, useless.... She managed to sidestep the first two musket balls, but she stopped short of the last one to clutch at her head. Even though it wasn't a direct hit, it still did enough damage to down her temporarily. Her body began shaking as if she was cold, gripping her head as she stayed on the ground, her energy fluctuating up and down. Finally, it stopped altogether, and she began to rise, giving a cold stare to Lucette, before a large amount of energy spouted out around her, destroying some of the earth under her feet.

The energy morphed into what seemed like random chunks of metal, but upon closer inspection, they were segmented parts of a blade, numerous and tiny. She pointed a finger at Lucette, and about fifteen segments rushed over to her, approaching from several different angles. In a few seconds, they would began flying at her, according to Noe's commands. She swiped her finger around erratically. Up, up, left, down, left, right, left, up, down.... The movements of her finger was an indicator of the directions the segments would fly.

This was something Lucette did not expect. It was if Noe was someone different now. This would not be so easy as dodging her reckless punching. Lucette still watched Noe intently and did take notice of her gestures. Yet given the circumstances, she wasn't able to figure out where exactly each blade would be coming from and when. She looked to her sides and saw blades coming from those directions and jumped out of the way. However two of the blades from above her caught her off guard, one of the blades was able to cut into her left shoulder and drew blood. Yet despite this she did not cry out in pain and focused only on trying to dodge the rest, not the pain. The other blade sliced into her uniform but didn't manage to draw blood like the other.

Before she could try to launch her own attack, some blades from under her nearly cut her. She barley dodged those in time with quick dash. Lucette smiled as she saw the blades had missed.

She caught her breathe after the attack and spoke up,"Not too boring at all. I am still impressed. You just view pride in the wrong way little Noe. It is not as simple as just being a brute and beating down all who appear before you. No no no!! Even in battle, one should be able to retain some semblance of grace and dignity! Of elegance and purity!" Lucette shook her head, still amused at the situation despite her wound.

She dissipated her own musket, believing it to now be ineffective. She however retained some of the energy from it when she destroyed it in this way. Lucette thought to herself, "A mortar could prove to show her how serious I am. But the damage to the structures could prove too great if I missed my mark. That would not do at all. I can't have that. But I do so wish to give her a true taste of my power.. Oh well.. Compromise is a must."

She charged her energy rather quickly. She began to move around more now as she circled Noe. She took off her gloves and began to fire off a barrage of bullets of light energy off at Noe from the palms of her hands like machine guns! She kept moving so as to make it keep the pressure on Noe as she fired. Eventually she ceased the barrage and jumped away from Noe.

Noe was forced to her knee by Lucette's barrage of energy, guarding as well as she could. As she took the brunt of the attack, the blade segments began lining up in all directions around Noe, forming rigid blades. When the blasts became too much, Noe rose from the ground, the blades spinning out around her, hoping to slash Lucette, or at the very least, stop the assault. With that done, she leaped at her. After the blades finished spinning, they would fire off at Lucette in lines.

Lucette realized she had to back off at this point. So many blades she could never hope to dodge all of them if she continued to go on the offensive. She had to fall back or face getting cut apart by the onslaught of blades. It took a good deal of her stamina to roll out of the way of the coming blades. She only avoided them by a few seconds once again. Had her reaction time been slower, she would not have been so amused or entertained by the fight any longer.

"Not bad at all! Your strength is not what I find unsatisfactory, the way you present yourself is the problem. Proper etiquette of a lady of war so to speak. That is what I truly and dearly wish you had. Yet it is something not taught to all young lasses sadly no. I must confess to you that I may be enjoying this little spectacle of ours. However, one must always prepare for the finale, for soon it will be time for the curtain to fall!"

Lucette was getting ready to try something else on Noe seeing as her last attack was not quite enough. She knew this put her back on the defensive again. She would have to either charge or prepare for whatever Noe had next. Doing both might not work out for her. If she was attacked again, she could lose her charge and have wasted time and energy. If she just tried to dodge it could leave her without a serious counterattack if Noe moved in on her.

"Those blades. They're quite fast. Dodging them when I'm close to her is not a reliable strategy. That was quite a risk I took in getting so close. A risk not worth repeating for I do not gamble with my life. I choose to make only the best decisions when possible! A defense of some sort could potentially give me the edge now...Yet such techniques might not be quite enough for those blades or what other secrets she may be hiding. I cannot and must not be reckless with her! Akin to fine wine, a battle is something that should be savored and enjoyed after all." Lucette thought to herself as she finally came up with her next move.

Not desiring to waste too much time in charging up, she quickly charged up her energy and released it around herself. She created a small prism of light energy around herself. It would serve to reduce the brunt of Noe's next attack or so Lucette hoped. Now she just intended to wait, hoping she would get her opportunity to achieve victory.

Noe stretched her hands and forced her blades to return close to her. She clenched her fists shut quickly, smashing the blades to many pieces at a moment's notice. They began to shoot towards Lucette en masse, but didn't attack her defense. Instead, they swarmed under and around it like a swarm of bees, waiting for a moment of weakness. Noe herself walked up to Lucette, staring at her through the barrier she had created. She formed a smaller blade and began slashing at the barrier leisurely.

"Trapped..." She said calmly.

Now Lucette was in more than just a bind. There was not much she could hope to do. She had to find someway out, someway to get away from the blades and Noe. She saw her prism was beginning to crack. Her defense would not hold out much longer so she had to act in that very moment

"This does not look very promising. None the less, I cannot yield but I must not cause damage to the facilities around here. Yet to escape so quickly. There is but only one option that stands before me!!!" She thought to herself.

Left with little choice left, she dispelled her own prism! Absorbing what was left of it after Noe's attacks back into her. Yet because of this, Noe's slashing attacks were able to land on her for a few brief moments, cutting her lnear her neck and shoulders. Lucette was no longer toying around as she felt pain this time. She quickly focused energy all around her body, knowing she was trapped and had to get out of the situation at almost any cost.

Lucette released the energy around herself and Noe, creating an explosion like burst of light energy around herself! It was medium in size and not large enough to consume any structures around them, it was merely to force Noe and her blades back! She then took this time to charge up enough energy to form her musket once more. She began to charge it as well but now she kept her eyes much more closely on Noe and her blades. Yet due to this, Noe would have time to get back up to react to what Lucette was about to unleash.

She looked at her wounds and then quickly looked back at Noe. "I commend you for giving me a show and perhaps a bit more than just that. We all have our limits however. Limits to patience, limits to stamina and limits to amusement. It is a pity this is not a more open area. Then I could battle you without fear of damage to the facilities. Yet you are leaving me with little choice but to demonstrate to you what real pain is! Consider it a free lesson Little Noe!!!!! I am no sadist but you need to learn there is more than just victory when it comes to battles like this little romp of ours!"

Lucette released four musket balls, yet this time there was something different about these rounds. One of them entirely missed Noe but it hit the ground near her and exploded, releasing several sharp prism like shards of solid light energy, they were sharp and meant to cut Noe. Even if she dodged the musket rounds themselves, the shards still had a chance as they were aimed in her direction! They were not possible for Lucette to control but it would still prove quite difficult for Noe to deal with. With this, Lucette was confident she would deliver on her words.

Noe was forcibly repelled by Lucette's tactic. Lucette acted quickly, firing four musket balls. The first missed her, but it seemed purposeful. What was she playing at? She had her answer soon after, and the musket ball let loose a barrage of light shard towards her. She didn't have time to dodge, so she recalled her shards, making a rushed attempt at a wall. Several shards still pierced through her defenses, several cutting as they flew by, while a few pierced her skin. The other three balls exploded into shards, forming a veritable wave of glass. The area they covered was too wide for a wall, so she re-shaped her wall into a small box. Even this wasn't foolproof, and several more shards punctured her skin. Once the assault was over, the box remained, but the area was silent.

The cube crumbled slowly, with Noe looking exhausted. The fragments began to shake as she glared at Lucette once more, and rapidly assembled into a rather long blade. She rushed in at Lucette, feinting a swipe. At the last minute, the sword curved around her, shooting in from behind, hoping to stab her in the back.

It seemed in this moment, Lucette may have been finished but Carla intervened as she ran between the two combatants.

"Please explain to me the purpose of this? We have a mission to complete, a continent to protect. This battle is pointless. I don't know why this happened but it ends here and now! We can't beat each other senseless like this when we could be attacked at any moment!" Carla took a commanding tone as she put an end to the violence.

Lucette sighed and shook her head,"She was a barbarian towards me if you insist on knowing. I tried to tend to her wounds but she attacked me for the glory of taking me down. It was quite an entertaining bout. You have no place interrupting it! Yet I suppose if it continued one of us could have perished or sustained severe injuries. Oh well. Just another contest I would have won regardless. I can heal the damage I have done to her and what she has done to me easily. It is within my power. Now you may step aside and allow me to han-"

Carla reached back and slapped Lucette clean in the face without hestation. She was clearly angry although not showing it in any other way aside from the slap. "Silence, Lucette. Enough of your egotism please. I need only the facts from you. I saved you from being stabbed in the back! You would not be taking this so lightly If I had been a second later. I do not want to hear anymore about it. The damage you could have caused to the base....Just because you are from Lavion does not mean you can do anything you want without facing the consequences of your actions."

She continued,"Noe shares some of the blame for this but you are representing your nation, I expected you to have common sense and walk away after she attacked you instead of allowing it to become a full blown duel. Now undo the damage you've done to her. I need to see it this time."

Lucette looked upset at first as she touched the mark Carla's slap left on her face. She then laughed at Carla but obeyed her as she began to charge up her energy for healing purposes."My my so angry today. I am sorry dear Commander Carla. Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. This must be revenge for running your time with Mr.Demetrius Lowe? You must understand though, I am a true soldier. I was in total control. I just had a bit too much fun perhaps, nothing more! There is no need for this to ruin my reputation. You need me after all. You lost three good soldiers. You need me to survive and succeed!!! Do not treat me as I were below you...Remember who you are talking to Mrs.Sivon, the only one here who could best you in a fair due, woman to woman! Although maybe tied in beauty with the slight edge to none other than myself!"

This did not phase Carla at all. She ignored Lucette's taunting and boasting this time. She merely rolled her eyes in response.

Lowe was also irritated by Lucette's ego but recognized they did not want to push her away. She had just the abilities they needed now. "So much for relaxing.. We get a call on the radio to pick up the SDF uniforms and we arrive to see this. You went crazy, Lucette! I don't care if you're testing her or whatever, it was a really stupid idea! The way you don't respect Carla's authority is just confounding to me as well! You need to look at yourself before you judge and look down on others!"

Lucette's boasting continued. Despite this she released a wave of healing energy, it dispelled the shards that had cut into Noe and began to heal her other wounds as wellover time. She then healed herself with as she charged up her energy into her palms and touched her wounds, healing them gradually as well.

She dusted herself off and then tapped Carla on the shoulder and said to her out loud, "Mr.Demetrius is oh so devoted to you it is funny. How very unprofessional to have such a relationship. Oh dear Carla and if we are to have a true camaraderie, you may never lay your hands upon me again. I will show serene lady like grace to you this time but next time I will not be so forgiving. I like you Carla. I like your little band of soldiers here but you must never forget just who you are dealing with and how important I am! You are all hopeless without me, never forget I AM doing you all a truly generous favor. Be glad I am a lady of faith, Arlon gives me the strength to deal with such a rag-tag group!"

"Hmph it would be easier if you knew when to quit talking. Work on your attitude for your sake and for our unit's as well. This world is bigger than you and I, Lucette. We're not here to impress people or become legends. We're here to preserve the future of our nations and to make this world a peaceful place once again. We don't achieve that by boasting, harassing people or starting unnecessary conflicts. Such things that can only get in the way and divide us as a team." Carla countered with her own points.

"Touche my my, so on the point! I cannot refute it all since I did not desire this fight myself. Well then, good day to you all. Especially you Little Noe. You put up quite a show for me, I just wish it could have reached a true climax. It was like a beautiful stage play, complete with a tragic ending of not knowing who really won in the end. Such is the folly of battles cut short. Au revoir!"

Lucette quickly made an exit, still walking proudly as if she had won the fight with her body language. Perhaps she ignored Carla's help or perhaps she was convinced that even with a stab to the back she would have been fine. Lowe and Carla rejoiced as soon as she left. They immediately checked to see how Noe was doing. They needed her side of the story.

Lowe asked Noe about the fight,"Hey are you ok? What was the meaning of that fight? What did she do to provoke it? We don't know if her story is true or just something she cooked up. We're not gonna point fingers we just want to make sure this doesn't happen again. So please tell us."

Noe watched as Lucette left, absorbing the blows from her language as if it was a knife. Once she retreated, Lowe began asking Noe about the fight. She stared at him mechanically for a minute or two, and left him there as she walked by without a word. She needed to get in the building for intel. She needed the intel for orders, so she'd know what to do. Intel was of the utmost important. It took priority over idle chatter, especially over such a lackluster source of power. Lowe and Carla's showing was so very pointless. Showing emotion on the battlefield was illogical. It was a weakness that would get them both killed at some point. Sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.