ICSYL Scourge

Status
Not open for further replies.
"True dead is dead but there is a realm where that is not true."

"Ooooooooh?~ Take me there, take me there! That means I get to cut them forever and ever!~ It'll be sooooo much fun to hear them screaming all the time! Like music, music, muuuuusiiiiiiic....~ Awww, but now I have to report in? Oh poo, you're no fun at all, nyeh!" Noe promptle stuck her tongue out at Edward and left the building, skipping all the way.

"Lalala, time for fun! Make 'em run, run run run run runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun!~"

She skipped her way to the ABC headquarters, going through the necessary requirements to report in. She was told to go on standby until ordered to do something else, but that wouldn't do at all.

"You're all so boring! I'm boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooored! Mmmm, I'll nap! Maybe I'll have a nice little dream with lots of blood and red markers and cupcakes...with teeth....sharp ones...." Her voice trailed off as she made her way to an out-of-the-way room, going to sleep.

Now some of the ABC members were finally showing concern over 13 to an extent. Bart even contemplated starting a search party to himself. Yet it was clear now was not the best time for such a thing. The ALF was going to hit Azull soon if ABC suspicions were correct. 13 did have a tendency to go off on his own. He had been gone for longer periods of time. Usually when he was gone this long it just meant he was very successful but weighed down by the remains of his prey.

For now though, Carla and Lowe decided to go on their own hunt. They would not have time to go on any hunts after this due to the war. Now would be the right time. Instead of going for more easy prey, they were going to target something bigger. Something local. Arcadian Sandworms! They were a more risky creature to hunt but well worth it. Their carcasses were large and made for tasty meat. Even before the bombs hit, Arcadian Sandworms were a local delicacy. Despite all of the devastation, their population continued to flourish in the underground.

They generally did not eat or attack people but if one attacked them, they would certainly fight back. They also were known to get hungry and sometimes pop up on unsuspecting victims travelling through the desert if they couldn't find any wild-life to feast upon. Some of them got rather large and lengthy! They were formidable creatures yet rather predictable and simple minded. Their large size also made it difficult for them to move fast, making them just big targets to properly armed and trained hunters. They never dared to get close to Arcadia though, the barriers and all the activity kept them away.

This particular sandworm territory was located in a canyon. Yet the rough terrain meant the worm would have far less room to move around in or attempt to escape. They had no natural predators and thus didn't seem to be too picky about where they set up residence.

Carla stood near where a hole in the ground was. She looked over and saw Lowe was in position on a near-by spire. He signaled her with a wink and she began to fire off weak beams of dark energy into the hole. This was merely to force the massive worm out of its hole. She succeeded as the massive creature appeared!

Sandworm-1.jpg

The worm screeched angrily as Carla scrambled but continued firing upon it. Lowe used his energy to slowly form a Zanbato blade of earth. Finally he was finished and he dived down on the creature. He sliced off the worm's head, killing it just barley. He had nearly missed with his strike. It wasn't one of Lowe's moves after all. He felt awkward using it but in order to make Carla a special meal, he was willing to try it.

"You did it, Lowe. Even if it's not your style, you imitated Sho Natu's technique well."
Carla praised him and smiled upon him. This made Lowe quite happy.

Carla referred to the Natu family line. They were a long lineage of earth beasts whom were heroes in their respective eras. The Natu family were the ones responsible for how peaceful the world was until the war commenced. She even smiled at him. It was a rare sight but one that made Lowe happy.

The most recent member of the Natu family was Sho the 20th. He was famous for rebelling against the governments of the world and fighting not for the dark beasts or the surface but for the sake of the world. He prevented many bombs from being dropped by slicing several airships into pieces at an Abscus airship port before they could be loaded up with aura bombs. Yet it was said even he paid the price for rebellious actions. His whereabouts were unknown, at least to the ABC. He was the stuff of myths and legends now it seemed, just a ghost of the past. Trying to find out information on him was just pointless with all of the rumors circulating around.

"Heh. Thanks Carla. You did well too. Yet your techniques are more consistent but you need to rest. Remember the time I tried to use that when in the tournament? It was an epic failure. Damn blade was too heavy..and even now I still can't use it in a real fight like Sho could. This is just hunting a creature that operates off instinct and hunger. A trained soldier would see me coming and dodge. That worm wasn't that smart or nimble." Lowe said, recalling his younger days spent with Carla.

The Dark Beast culture did indeed emphasize fighting and held such an event that he took part in alongside Carla and Joanna. A team-tournament in the Shrivisk underground. It was a junior division though and Lowe didn't do too well as a fighter. Yet he never regretted it, he cared for both Carla and her sister after all. His mother's family also insisted upon it. It also was one event that helped him realize he was more cut out for science.

She didn't have much to say in response. "Yes. Now we shall proceed onto the cutting phase. Follow standard procedure." Lowe nodded at her and they began to cut up the sandworm meat into several portions. It'd be easier to transport it this way after all. After cutting all the chunks of the worm down to size, Carla and Lowe loaded up its meat into a carriage for easier transportation. They then took off in the carriage with Lowe driving it. The carriage did not require horses and was propelled by with a magic based engine similar to what powered the city barriers. It just required a recharge every now and then. Carla yawned and looked at the sunset. It still took getting used to for her, the underground had nothing that beautiful.

"Yeah, nice isn't it? Landscape might be ruined but least we still got the sun around here. Some places well, they can't even see the sun anymore. I hope this war comes to a swift end. Ever given any thought as to what you'll do after the war?" Lowe asked Carla to pass the time on the drive back. It helped he was actually curious and concerned. Carla didn't have too much other than her job in the ABC.

Carla responded without too much detail,"I have not Lowe. I know I must honor my sister's wishes. That is my goal. After the war, joining you and the Professor on your world purification mission might be my next course of action. If we get that far...." She did not create the illusion of hope that they had any guarantee of survival in the war. Her words certainly encouraged Lowe none the less. He didn't want to be separated from her like he had for the past few years before they were reunited in Arcadia.

"That sounds like a plan to me. I'm sure she's proud of you, Carla. The ABC wouldn't be doing nearly as well without you here. I'm going to love having you with me, errr us. Heh. Well you know what my plans are. I just hope it all works out. But for now, we can enjoy tonight. We're going to have some real nice dinner, sandworm steak! Mom's signature dish! And with this, we'll have enough to share with some others too heh." Lowe was happy in this moment. He was making the most of the last free time they'd have.

Carla nodded showing slight happiness and not really reading into Lowe's embarrassment. She was just glad Lowe approved. He was after all, one of the people whom knew Joanna best.

He made a rather unfortunate comment to himself,"I am so glad that 13 isn't here. A hunt with me and her lets us bond. He just was always in the way...I wish it'd always be just the two of us going hunting like this... Now we even get to have our own dinner together without him trying to give me advice! At least Duo helps me out at the right time, not when she's in ear distance! I don't 13 one bit!!!" He was unaware of 13's disappearance. Just like the others he did not immediately assume the worse and was more focused on Carla after all. 13 just annoyed him despite being well-intentioned.

The twins responded in kind finishing each others sentences. "Well the book and cannon contain massive power that could be abused if it fell into the wrong hands." "However, we don't know how many aura weapons may be in existence or how close other countries are to creating aura weapons themselves." "Though it may be a risk it is a calculated risk to keep the cannon and book then to have destroyed them and abandon all hope if an enemy develops the aura technology and we can do nothing to defend against it." "If you will allow us we can begin to extract the secrets of the book in order to help protect us against any possible aura weapon related threats." "What is your wish Professor?" The twins then concluded there mini lecture and waited the answer that would determine the fate of aura technology.

The Professor listened to the twins response and truly took it into account. Perhaps it was hasty and more of an emotional reaction than a logical one to wish to destroy the book and the cannon. She hated her father's work after all. After a bit of deliberation she gave the twins their answer, "Well in that case. I would have to agree with you both, Ina and Mach.. Thank you for finding it and helping us decide upon this. You can begin to study that book anytime you like. You have my approval as head of the science division."

She thought to herself,"Not everyone is like my father. I have to place my trust in them. They have no reason to misuse this knowledge. All of this makes me wonder..What is Lavion's military up to? They might be our allies but if they're playing with Aura they'll destroy the healthy land we're trying to protect and keep. I have to find out what they're up to. My connections will have to answer me! It is clear the ALF are interested in Aura, the OOA wouldn't have any part in it. They hate all technology."

She then said aloud, "Hmm. Well we're going to keep this lab open for a bit longer but I shall have to go home for the night soon. Our kids are waiting. I'll tell you when it's time to close up..For now, Duo, call our friends in Lavion. They need to see if they have any similar books on Aura and you must tell them of the ALF's interest in Aura. Make sure it's a secure frequency first. We don't want those ALF dregs picking up on it."

"Yeah yeah yeah, I got it my lovely Professor! Time to speak with em then. I'm the manliest secretary EVER! Of course I got this under control! If they give me sass and don't answer our questions well they can down here and try me! Heh. That would be a fun fight, not one over life or death. Not one over war, just a small brawl you know. The ones the Professor loved to watch me get into and even joined in on sometimes."
Duo joked and reminisced, causing Ruby to cringe in response. She did not totally chew him out though, in times like these it was good to keep ones spirit up. She pointed to the little radio room she had in the lab and Duo went inside and closed the door.

*Ten hours later.....*

Nacim announced over the intercoms,"All ABC 4th division members are to report to the airship port! I repeat, all ABC 4th division members report to the airship port immediately! Azull is under attack and the City of Warriors along with it..."

"But....Why the City of Warriors? Everyone knows it's just a bunch of ruins now.. Why would they care about taking that over and who is stopping them? It should be a simple conquest!" Lowe was puzzled as he rushed to get out of his quarters with Carla.

"I have no idea either. Capturing the City of Warriors would only serve as a base in the region but if they got Azull that would be even better. They must be planning to force us to fight on three fronts to strain our resources. Azull, the city of Warriors and maybe they'll even hit Arcadia with their forces from that accursed forest. This is not even taking the OOA into account. We have to take this very seriously even if their strategy seems questionable." Carla responded to Lowe's inquiries while leading the way.

They were some of the first to make it there. Once they did Nacim glared at Lowe and tossed him a pair of keys. Nacim said in a serious tone,"Here kid, start the thing up for me. Even a novice can handle that part. We're going to start your airship training today. Don't look all happy or excited about it, we're not bringing this thing into battle. It's too valuable. It's just a way of getting us there faster and safer. You're only the co-pilot still by the way, that way you won't hold us back."

Lowe grinned as he held the keys in his hand. First his special dinner with Carla and now this, seemed things were turning around for him. He was slowly accomplishing his goals! "Thank you Colonel Nacim, Sir! I will with haste, sir!"

Nacim did seem visibly irritated,"It is COMMANDER Nacim! Commander! Now.. Before the others get here.. I have to tell you this about 13. He is assumed to have been killed during his little hunt.. By what we don't know..We're assuming an ALF soldier did it. We're taking the airship for that very reason, it will be far safer and faster than on foot. Don't tell the others, it would only trouble them. We'll let them know the truth once we find his remains. I hope neither of you were attached to him as I am certain he is no more. I called off the search party an hour ago after they found nothing. We have a war to fight and there will be more causalities to come inevitably. We must accept that and continue moving forward. There is no time to mourn!" He expressed little emotion about 13, it was clear he truly didn't care about 13. He always saw him as a liable.

All of the joy Lowe felt, all of the happiness he had welling up inside him was dropped all of a sudden. He felt a terrible guilt. He thought to himself, "I....Didn't...want him to die. He annoyed the hell out of me with his antics and held me back from spending time with Carla...He was still on our side. I wouldn't wish death upon anyone like that, even an asshole like him! I can't believe it...How did something or someone get him out there? He was in the war!! That thing they warned about on the radio. Is that what really got him?" He held back bringing it up though to Nacim though. He knew Nacim wouldn't believe him, he would not believe the stories of some rampaging creature. There was no real proof as to what it was regardless.

Lowe went to the airship and started it up as Nacim had ordered without saying any other words. Carla wanted to comfort him but she had to hear the mission briefing after all..

"Hmph. As for our mission.. It appears we will be heading towards the City of Warriors. Azull is steadily holding but taking only moderate causalities. They will hold Azull. Field Marshall Hanja wants us at the City of Warriors. It is in ruins but....Some of the refugees from that place are partaking in some kind of ritual. They are the ones holding off the ALF forces..They're mostly stubborn old folk, not many young people survived that calamity in the City of Warriors. Hanja was one such survivor. Our mission is to let them complete this ritual and to repel the ALF."

Carla questioned the mission,"I understand but what is the purpose of this ritual? Why would they be willing to die just to perform it? It seems like suicide to me. Is it a religious matter of some sort?"

Nacim answered with immense detail,"Far from it, Carla. It is a sealing ritual. The Dark Beast who ravaged the City was sealed away in it so they say. Yet just like the barriers, it needs to be maintained to continue the seal.. Otherwise it will break and we will have a rampaging dark beast on our hands..The creature that killed over seven-hundred people in the City of Warriors. They were not just simple civilians, they were capable fighters. The ALF caught wind of this somehow and figured they'd let that beast out to kill us. It'd make their job easier. It's typical ALF tactics, foul but effective. They don't care what or how, they want us dead. If they succeed here, taking Azull will become trivial. "

"So that is the truth of the matter. It all makes sense now."
Carla responded now realizing why it was so important. She was not too worried. They still had a chance and still had time. They just had to get moving now or never. Those people could not hold off the ALF assault forever. They had to get going.

Noe awoke to the sound of the intercom blaring out orders, jumping at the sudden loud noise. She pinched the top of her nose and closed her eyes, feeling more tired than she should. That, combined with the fact that all that happened after she protected the civilians in the last fight seemed like a dream....One of the others had taken over. Damnit! Noe thought to herself, fuming ever-so-slightly on the inside.

"I swear to god, once I'm done with this organization, and I get cured, I'll be done with you all for the rest of my life!"

But what if there...what if there wasn't a cure? No, there had to be a cure! There was a cure for everything in some manner, and this would be no exception. She was knocked out of her trance when the intercoms blared out the message once more, prompting her to report to the airship port for the next mission. She stretched her legs and took off, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as she made her way to the designated area, hoping she wasn't too late. Wait, what was she thinking? This was her service to these people, not the other way around! Her payment would be her cure... Still, she didn't slow herself down in the slightest.

She arrived in time to see Nacim and Carla finish some kind of conversation, taking her place and awaiting further orders.

With Noe gone Edward sat down and offered a seat to Sister. "It has been about five years since I have seen you or Madesi. So what I want to know is why you've come back, what has changed?" He always seemed to pick out her plans piece by piece, there was not much to hide. Sister acted on impulse overpowering Madesi at times and as for Madesi, she mainly focused on creating her own life seemingly willing to accept that Sister was always a part of her. His question had disturbed his former love, the tears were just forming in her eyes.
"Well…you see, Madesi wanted to go off to Azull. We heard you had been stationed here thanks to some talk amongst the soldiers out near the forest. We had been with them the past few days having safe passage through the desert. Madesi…she wanted to…she wanted…" Her voice trailed off into her own thoughts. Her emotional state was not very solid. The girl had broken down already so much in the span of just a few minutes. Edward edged near her and put his hand on her back.
"You do remember that time you and I traveled across Shintaion, from the east to the west coast; you had said something to me. Ira had been eliminated it was then you said you had the confidence to do anything. Where has all that confidence gone?" He intently listened, hopefully his work had not been sabotaged by the tragic interworking of the world today.

"Madesi wants to join up with the ALF. I do not want to, she's being reckless and dumb. I told her it will make us fight you but she just says 'it is the right thing to do.' Could you reason with her?" The doctor sat back thinking about the situation. He took a pen from on his end table and started to chew it. "It would seem Madesi is trying to do as she always wanted, a life to live on her own. She cannot do that with me in the way." Edward thought out loud his voice slightly obscured with the pen in his mouth. 'I also cannot believe she would go so far to get rid of Sister.' He thought. The girl had been a constant pain in her side and if she truly wanted to rid herself of the past that would mean getting rid of Sister, too. Devastated by her loss of Edward she could easily conquer her last self with what she learned of his own power. "Sister I believe I must insist you come with me for the next couple days. After all I owe it to both you and Madesi."
"Alright, and Madesi does not get a say in it. If she does pop up let me talk to her face to face Edward, please? I want her to understand."
"I will Sister do not worry. For now though we do have some business to work out in Azull, we can stay there until I must bid goodbye." Sister quickly agreed and gave him a hug. It was the beginning of an obscure weekend.

"Where...Am I? This is..Arcadia?" 13 questioned. He felt very queasy as he moved around and struggled throughout the whole process. He called out for help but no one seemed to answer him. He finally left the Arena and saw no one was around in the city.

"RISE AND SHINE 13! Now you're coming with me, you're not bailing on us now! You're going in, we've got a mission! You're perfectly fine." The Professor shouted at 13 while hurrying along. She lead the way back to the ABC base.

13 tried to ask her what exactly was going on,"WTF Professor! Shit, can you please explain to me what happened after I got mauled? And where all these people went? And what our mission is? And why I woke up passed out in the Arena?"

Looking angry the Professor yelled, "Just follow me dammit! For once you proved useful and you gave me an idea. I invented a sport. I thought of that hole you left in one poor ALF troop and wondered what if we had a ball that size? So we've found a way to win this war! And it does not involve God-modding so keep yourself on a tight leash!! Got it?! No more basket-ball hole sized shenanigans, no more horn-dog antics with that civilian chick you like. You make Miru look innocent for Arlon's sake! Miru the City Fucker For Arlon's sake, THE CITY FUCKER!!! That ancient legend spoken of in the other world! No more killing all of the ALF in one attack and finally absolutely stop pulling magic guns out of nowhere that were not mentioned in your sheet!"

13 looked at his pants and grabbed out a bazooka that the Professor incinerated right before his eyes."......" He was broken from this moment forward. Well not balance wise, he was already a bit of a Mary Sue but that is beside the point. He followed Ruby and finally made it into the ABC base to see what all the fuss was about.

Suddenly lights turned on in the base and the entire interior was converted into a basketball court! The light in the middle revealed a hideous and monstrous looking Dark Beast dressed in a ridiculous pink and white OOA jersey with shorts and Lucia's face on them. He dribbled the ball like a madman with insane speed as he practiced. He dunked it and then turned around starring right at 13.

"13. I'm gonna put a basketball sized hole through YOUR ASS! GET ON THE FLOOR! I will end you. Hehehe...And the Professor is looking good as always. I always like those glasses, SEXXXXY! But that boring modest outfit...It leaves too much to the imagination, it truly is a problem. Need to tear some of that OFF TO FIX IT! Mmmm at least this team is filled with so many young girls...You know what I say, the more beautiful and pure something is...THE MORE FUN IT IS TO CORRUPT IT! Oh after this...after this game...Those little wings......But could she handle ME? All of what I am?!" He licked his lips as he glared over at Sienna letting out a snicker. The Professor cringed but ignored Dark Bogan, it was the only way to deal with him.

"Oh my gawd ewwww, DO NOT WANT!! I don't understand why Coach Lucia put HIM on our team! This game is so much fun and a great alternative to war though!!! Whoever wins this game...WINS ARCADIA! May the Gods bless us with victory!!! V!" Sienna flew far away from Dark Bogan as she made the victory sign.

13 spoke loudly,"OMFG. Well where is the locker room? I need to change into my uniform.....Unless...." A beam hit 13 and he was suddenly changed into his ABC jersey. A gold and blue jersey with a land-shark on the back. Obviously he was number 13!

"FFFFFFFFUUU, great....Now this post is going to need an edit! Every time 13, every godamn time. This is why we can't have nice things. You're destroying the realism factor you insolent pretentious derp! The ABCBBA is going to fine you out the ass for this! The OOABBA will rage and the ALFBBA well...Noe took care of them for me hehehe.. Poor bastards. That'll teach them to suspend her for a few games! We still gotta do some clean up on the floor but it was worth it...The LDFBBA doesn't matter so forget them, they got knocked out first round." The Professor did not pull any punches chewing 13 out this time and being ominous.

Bart announced the start of the game, "Ladies and gentlemen!!! Welcome to this ABCBBA presentation!!! The ABC Landsharks lead by Coach Ruby vs the The OOA Prophets lead by Coach Goddess Lucia! It's sure to be an explosive game! First we introduce you to the officiating staff! Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah! Who will win in this battle of BIG MEN, The psychotic rape-face sporting Dark Bogan or the family man with a killer jump-shot DUO???"

*Cut to near the end of the fourth quarter.*

"OMGHAX. How are we gonna come back from this deficit? I mean shit. LMAO we suck." 13 looked disgruntled about the whole situation, being stuck on the bench most of the game. He looked at Joey the amazing time travelling alien. His eyes were fixated on the scoreboard as well.

ABC Landsharks-90

OOA Prophets-100

2:10 remaining.

"I call upon the time of the living and-AYAAAAAAAAAAAGHH!" Before he could finish, a portal opened and a Velociraptor pulled him into it violently, causing him to scream out in pain before he could finish his sentence. "SUCK ON THAT, ET! AHAHAHAHAHA! The dinosaur is sucking on your entrails as we speak! AHAHAHAH! Get the fuck out!!!! And you refs better not even THINK of calling that a personal foul! You can't foul the DEAD! Loophole!" Dark Bogan yelled. Summoning a dinosaur was not an easy feat after all. It took immense concentration. Wait, did Shintaion EVEN have dinosaurs in prehistory?! Someone somewhere needs to clarify... And who let the OP time hax guy in this RP?!!!!

The refs gathered into a huddle and had to do an instant replay of the dinosaur incident. Yet it shocked the ABC for them to finally notice Lowe was one of the refs!!!! They huddled together for about six minutes, keeping the game from being played as they kept watching the replay. Most of them were dying of laughter and eating popcorn. They were truly sub-human creatures lacking souls. One of the refs laughed and called out, "No penalty given to the other team, dead bench member from the Arcadian side means it will count as one of their time-outs as we clean up anything left of him on the floor!"

"We don't get paid enough for this shit. The refs are trying to take over the fucking game!!! This isn't much better than the war...People still die...We lost that one guy to a dinosaur..A DINOSAUR and they won't cut us slack!! I didn't even know what a dinosaur was until today. Shit, we need to get that dinosaur related offenses put into the rules.. Now how are we going to pull this off? Man we need a miracle!" Duo said, filled with worry.

Carla looked over at Lowe and he looked back. She walked over to him."Lowe..You're...A REFEREE?" "Carla...I....I know we cannot co-exist..Our people...You are player and I am official. We come from different world. There is no world were ref and player exist IN PEACE!!!!It is only fantasy!!! Carla? Carla? CARLAAA! WHAT? WHAT AM I OFFICIATING FORRRRRRRRRRRR?" Carla cringed in response.

She whispered to Lowe, "You're wrong!!! Lowe..Open your eyes! If you just quit your job after helping us win....We'll be set for a full 80 years of ownership!!! I know you still have a soul, you're not like the other refs. You're not a true ref! Why don't you just do that, for me? Lowe...." She looked at him with her...eye and stared into his soul. Lowe looked back at Carla and said,"Wow, guess we got no reason for any tension and hesitation here then. No drama at all. No work, no build up. No need for the time travelling alien to bail us out of a sticky situation before we truly bond. I'm fine with that...SURE! Let's do it Carla! Heh and after this well, we'll meet in the locker room after if you know what I mean." Carla nodded as Lowe ran back to the huddle.

"Attagirl, that's our Carla! Seducing a ref is the key to victory! Not team work or effort or practice! All of you should take note!!! Except you Duo. Not like you'd be good at that anyhow. Now go out and play!!! Lowe will handle the rest! Duo has been fouled out so it's up to you, Carla!" The Professor said to them, looking very confident now.

"Mmmmm, I think it's time we start killing people out there, Coach. They're not gonna give me a foul if I kill one of those pesky NPCs. We all know they aren't people if they don't have names! Maybe unleash my Dark Acid Rain on the ladies? That'll take care of any pesky garments providing them with defenses from MY BALLS AND MY B-BALLS!!! I will make sure not to hit the men though. AND THEN I set fire to the bench and mentally sodomize all the refs and the audience! MAN, WO-MAN, BEAST, CHILD, NOTHING CAN STOP ME AAAAAAAAAAAAH! I AM THE DARK GOD OF THE B-BALL COURT!!! Unless the refs suddenly evolve and grow balls, I WIN!" Dark Bogan raved and rambled. His insane laughter began to get jarring to even the audience. He dribbled like a madman with the ball during the time out.

Lucia hesitated for a second as she gave them the game plan,"Oh dear dear dear Dark Bogan. You are our star..You may do as you please....Remember, we win this, we win Arcadia. My face everywhere..My beauty will be known to ALL! So pure..So young. Yesssss...The humble Goddess ruler of THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! The envy of all girls and lusted after by men of all ages!" She looked flustered and drooled dreaming about it.

The rest of the OOA team looked disturbed, lost and confused. Dark Bogan would not stop talking of lewd activity and violence and Lucia would never shut about herself. There was no game plan. No method to either's madness!

"Lady Lucia..Lady Lucia? LADY LUCIAAAAAAAAA!!!! Stop talking about yourself for one second please milady, we must have a plan!!! The rules make no sense. Why are men and women playing together, how come killing people is allowed? Why is the other team allowed to pick on my niece? Bloody refs, sinners clad like zebras!! They are a menace to our world!" Sheena tried to reason with Lucia. It didn't work at all sadly. She was in the zone just like Dark Bogan. Their heads were no longer in the game, instead dreaming of murder/lust and self lust.

"Heheh...Welll Carla..think your little ref man can protect you from me? Mmm like the eye-patch, is hot..But I'd like it better if you had two.. Aahhahaa, if you did then we could REALLY call this I can't see your love, heh. BLIND? GET IT?! Now we're gonna play some grab ass here!! COME TO PAPAAAA and GET FOULED LIKE A GOOD LITTLE HARLOT!!! YOU WILL LOSE!!" Dark Bogan shouted as he moved in to foul Carla before she could pull off any epic game winning maneuver. It was now a one point game and the shot clock read only 25 seconds!!!

Carla and Dark Bogan locked eyes as she dodged his attempts to grab her. The clock ran down and was now on the final seconds, only 11 seconds left!!! It all came down to this. 4th quarter, who was gonna make the shot? Would Carla pass or, take over the game all by herself or did she have a plan?

"Lowe...Forgive me for what I am about to do...But please, guide me!!! Show me..The way! I...CAN FEEL IT NOW! A FORCE STRONGER THAN AURA! B-BALL ENERGGYYYY FROM THE B-BALL DIMENSION!" She looked over at Lowe as she shouted.She looked at the basket and up at the ceiling. She dribbled the basketball and took off flying into the air, breaking through the ceiling and soaring past the clouds.

She entered orbit and flew high into space, getting close to the moon as her energy built up. Finally she released it and came back down. As she came back down, she created a huge explosion and the ball easily went through the basket and then pierced 13's chest and went through his nether regions as well. The crowd cheered.

Then unfortunately the huge explosion became a mushroom cloud around the base. After it cleared, few survived. The damage was horrific. The sun was blotted out but the scoreboard revealed the ABC had won beating the buzzer by one point! Yet at what cost? "Dead. Chaos Dunk was a success. Extermination of enemy team and refs complete. They have been Piro'd. Mission successful. 13 died but... If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest!!!!! He should have known that and sat on the bench forever."

"Whoa..Carla...That was awesome! But how are we going to explain all this? We just killed their coach! You just used a power that makes no sense within the context of Shintaion's world!! Ah who am I kidding? Let's get out of here before Zigus finds out we basically just fought a war anyhow.You're just so deliously evil, Carla! Your imagination is so strong!!! That negates the need for us to explain any of this!"
Carla laughed evilly as she and Lowe fled the charred remains of the court.

The rest of the ABC team fled the scene still alive, along with Sheena and Sienna. Everyone else seemed to have died. What of 13? Left to die in the ruins, all alone. Such was his sad fate. As he laid there dying grasping the hole the basketball made through his chest and removing the ultimate b-ball from him he heard a voice....

Dark Bogan re-spawned in front of 13. "I regenerate to find this.. The world...It's over again...You and me 13, the last living things left on this planet after that crazy bitch killed everyone with her monster jam. I really hoped it'd be a woman instead of you so as to repopulate the world WITH MY SPAWN but...Well when the gods give you lemons, you SCREW EM ANYWAY! All I must do is imagine you have supple lips, an ample bosom, child-bearing hips and of course...THAT ASS!!!! Kwahahah!!! Oh I'll shoot you in the ass, boy hehehehehe.." Dark Bogan approached 13 with his mouth watering.

"FML, FML..FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! SOS! Joey if you're still out there... HEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPP!!!" 13's cries were absorbed by the darkness as everyone else had more important things to do than worry about him. He had god mode powers, maybe he'd be ok. Probably not. Let's cut to the credits instead as the world has been saved and everyone lives in peace..Well until eighty years from now!

*A giant b-ball court was built around the planet* SEE YOU NEXT JAM!

ICSYL SCOURGE: THE END????

Suddenly, 13 awoke once again yet things did not feel right. He looked over in his bed and saw Dark Bogan glaring at him."Don't hog the covers, BITCH! THIS IS MY HOUSE NOW, I'm in your HEAD and your bed!" "WHAAAAA? FML...Just FML...I don't even want to know how I ended up here or what we might have done...But maybe it was just a dream..I don't see my basketball hole in my chest or down there anymore." Suddenly the door bell rang. "You're gonna ruin the slumber party!!! I got women, you know, with the cleavage and the milkshakes that bring me to the yard! Means you gotta get your ass OUT! This is a one man creeping party and you aren't invited!!! Spending time with men is like being in prison, it's smelly and ain't pretty. These women say I'm like a time travelling alien in the sack hahaha..OUTTA THIS WORLD! So you need to get hiding somewhere! GOT IT?"

Way too late in the evening, And Dark Bogan's yelling at me. Tossing and turning I got no clue what happened last night. Did I really just get caught with a man? Shit shit, shit shit shit nothing rhythms with it. Dark Bogan rages at me, "I got sexy ladies incoming, get your ass up in the kitchen!" "Just hide me in this fridge they'll never find me there." "Yes go right there!" Pounding at the door. I can't stand it anymore. Getting cold and cramped in the fridge thinking how I gotta get my Mary Sue ass out.

He walks up to the door, he is getting close to the door. He puts his hand on the knob and opens the door. It begins to open, it is starting to open. It is just about to open. It finally has opened. I hear two girls enter. Noe is one, Sieanna is the other one. Dark Bogan is like, "Let's have some fun!" He doesn't like nuns. Sieanna is like, "Where the cupcakes at Mr?". "We don't need to get down to that let's play some Twister." He says. Noe is having none of that,"Cakes now or I'll cut you down there!" "Hell no that ain't fair!" Dark Bogan is not amused. He struggles to hide the truth. "Why don't you ladies give me what I want firssst." Suddenly my radio goes off in the fridge as I try to silence it.

Noe says, "I don't like thisssss one bittt." About to see some serious shit. The girls start searching. Sienna walks up to the closet and opens up the closet. Noe looks at the dresser, she opens up the dresser. She didn't expect to find anyone in the dresser. Who could actually fit in a dresser? My radio goes off again and they look at the fridge. Dark Bogan tries to cover me, "There's nothing you see!" "Bitch please" Noe shifts personalities. They walk up to the fridge, they look up at the fridge. They're getting close to the fridge. I pull out my bazooka, I grip my bazooka, ready to nuke her. They walk up to the fridge, they are at the fridge, they open the fridge...they finally opened the fridge, fridge.

13 emerges from the Fridge pointing his bazooka at Sieanna and Noe. Dark Bogan looks distraught as he realizes this is all just a distraction from playing Twister with a Loli and Noe.

Well here it is. Glaring at me like its my fault they didn't get any sweets. He says let me tell you ladies what is going on. They say we just wanted a slumber party, didn't want things to get naughty. Suddenly it gets more entertaining, hearing Noe's radio go off. I just wanna leave but she says, "Not until I reveal our true mission." "What ABC?" "No ID" and I'm singing off key. "Meet me at Dark Bogan's house" she talks to a voice. My mind is racing, what the hell is going on? Dark Bogan is not having fun, he wants to get it on, "I don't care Sieanna, you and me are gonna do it in the air! Noe I no longer care!" "No way, it's not that kind of party!" A part of me just wants to leave as I lower my gun but Noe stops me, "This you want to see. Just trust me." She grabs my bazooka out my hand. "Hell no, you better show me now! I got better things to do!" She knocks me down on my ass with a blast. Shit shit shit, FML. What the hell. She readies her spiked greaves. She looks at my face. I cannot move from my place. "Time to reveal all!" She just stomped on my balls, my balls....

"URGHHHHHHHHHHH! Can't...Sing...After that...AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" 13 let out a blood-curling scream. Meanwhile Sienna assaulted Dark Bogan with a chainsaw brutally. Noe signaled her and they both broke open a window and escaped through it.

"Later, suckers! Don't fuck with the TAS!!!!Testicular Assassination Squad to break it down to you noobs!!! This was a sting operation!!! The first attack is just a warning! Should have given us those cupcakes and now you paid the ultimate price! We prevent undesirables from ruining the gene pool! HEHEHEH! Enjoy dying alone with no one to carry on your legacies! TAS awaaaaaay!" Sienna cackled as she and Noe escaped.

13 tried to recover as Dark Bogan walked over to him. "We beat them off... This time.. But she fixed you like a terrier! As for me? My junk can REGENERATE actually. Don't ask how I know, summer of 1999 you had to be there. Otherwise I'd be just like you..A broken shell of a man...URGH AND THEY GOT AWAY!!!! You ruined everything!!! My plans for those girls.. They were like fresh young apples, ready for me to take a bite out of. Juicy even. My lust for them...My desires. You know what?"

13 looked at Dark Bogan. Dark Bogan used his energy to create a bunch of copies of himself. "I order you, set him apart and eliminate this creature at once!What are you doing here 13..WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"I am certain Lord Dark Brogan that you and me could be bros. We're both horndogs and I'm very strong! I could be useful in training you to be a great horn-dog that goes after anything that moves(and somethings that don't)!" "Yes and that is what bothers me. I already know how to do that instinctively." "But Dark Bogan you must-" "I'm ordering you and your damaged goods to disappear GET OUT!" He blasted 13 with a dark energy sphere that hurled him out of the building. 13 let out a lazy death-cry,"UWAAWHAaaaah-"

After that. It seemed to be over for him. Yet he woke in a familiar place.. A doctor's office. Another dream? Inception? BWAAAAAAAAAAAARMMMMM!

Edward approached 13 and told him,"Your case is dire. I do not think your....package will ever be the same. This is all I can offer you." He handed 13 a lollipop as he smiled. 13 raged,"Ef you, Doc! Are you kidding me?? Not even reconstructive surgery? You're...One the TAS!!! That has to be it! I am going to shot you straight in the ass Edward! I can take you out any-day! You're gonna need a doctor once I gun you down!" 13 pulled out his gun and shot several valuable pieces of equipment in his anger.

"Actually if you would listen to me I could explain to you that I am not that type of doctor. I do not a surgeon. We also lack the tissue for such a procedure. Now I ask do you have any money to replace the damage you have just caused? Or do I need to round up a few friends to take something you have of equal value?"
Edward snapped his fingers. Madesi appeared and pressed a strange button that was hard to make out but started with a capital S.

13 ran out as quickly as he could and barley dodged a chainsaw that nearly cut him. Sienna's laughter could be heard and he caught sight of her passing by a window. "HOW DOES HER HOLD A CHAINSAW? WHERE DOES SHE PUT IT WHEN FLYING?" Noe taunted 13,"Sienna's got a secret, Sienna's got a secret! Tehhe, she'll never tell you! Bzzzzzzzzzt one wrong move, slice goes what is left of your BALLS! La-de-da-de-DA! Should have given us what we wanted, you really should have!!!!Cut em, gut em, cut em, gut em Sieanna! And then we'll listen to his screamssssssssss!"

"No wonder Dark Bogan wanted her..They're both crazy bitches!!!! Gods know where she pulls that chainsaw out of! Gods know why Noe is allowed to run amok and not locked up somewhere where she can't prevent destroy reproductive organs! OMFG, FYI SMH, STFU!!!! Is there anyone left who could save me? ANYONE? Or am I just...Forever alone?" 13 began to look depressed as he escaped the office and fled into the sewers.

He saw an army of fish-men perusing him that flashed a TAS badge. "OH NO, the Sahuagin FOUND ME!" He then jumped back out to discover Dark Bogan was there. Looking angry Dark Bogan yelled, "Don't you dare call me Brogan ever again!!!! You know why? I ain't on your side, never was! You know what my personal belief is? CHICKS BEFORE DICKS! Now..Lets kill em, everybody! All your friends..All the people you barley know want you dead, 13! Ahaha..This world is a paradise..Oh yes...and then I will take what should BE MINE! But first I gotta hand you over to them!" He grabbed and bar-tossed 13 into the town square.

Suddenly as all hope seemed lost, in this desperate and crucial moment. Joey the time travelling alien appeared to save 13, his only friend left whom was not converted to the TAS or otherwise pissed at him."I call upon the-AHHHHHHHHH---!STOP INTERRUPTING ME! I ONLY USE THIS IN DESPERATE SITUATIONS DAMMIT! IT"S NOT BROKEN! I was just going to stop time and reverse it so 13 doesn't die here, it won't kill any drama!!" Edward stabbed him in the back.

Edward spoke as if taken overby a strange force,"Yo Joey I'm happy for you and Imma let you finish but The Doctor was the best time-travelling alien of ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!" He then proceeded to plague claw Joey to death brutally in broad daylight with immense joy.

13 escaped as Joey kept some of his attacker off his back for a little bit. He then bumped into Carla and Lowe, knocking ice cream out of Carla's hands. She felt profound sadness and then went into a full on rage."That was the last...Lowe waited in line hours for it...That scoop....That mocha chocolate...went to waste on the ground!!!!!!!"

"Oh yeah bitch? I'll take you ALL ON!Do you know who I am? I'll get you with my gun!!! Dammit Lowe, move your ass so I can actually hit shoot her in the ass!!! I can't believe how hard this actually is to pull off! Urghhhh. Why would anyone shot someone in the ass? It DOESN"T WORK!" He struggled to aim for Carla's behind as Lowe was right behind her. Carla quickly charged up her dark energy and created a giant laser beam of death that vaporized 13 in response."Dead. No one will get between me and Lowe..No one...No one." She was beginning to creep out all the others involved in this bizarre scene. Everyone looked bored now with 13 totally dead, not even a single atom left to reverse his time from.

"You just killed a man over ice cream and for my sake? I'm....Ok with this! I hated that douche! Putting a basketball sized hole through the chest of a woman is a crime against nature! Allright...Show is over folks, nothing to see here! Not a word of this to Zigus! Let's go back to our normal lives and activities and never speak of this again!"
He then noticed everyone but himself and Carla looked to be sad and unhappy with the turn of events. They all wanted to kill 13 but didn't get a chance as Carla stole their kill.

Lowe sighed as he said, "Allright, allright! Ice cream is on me! For everybody!Don't worry Carla, we'll have them make more of that!" They rejoiced. All but Dark Bogan whom...was not included as the shop reached maximum occupancy. He looked longingly into the shop, pressing up aganist the glass of the ice cream shop with his face. Jealous of the Sahuagin as he mad dogged them and eyed Sienna and Noe with ill-intent.

"Forever...Alone.....Ah this shit isn't cannon anyhow.. Heh heh heh heh..Just you wait.. Those girls..Cold, sweet and moist like ice cream they are stuffing themselves with..Ahahaha....AHAHAHAHA! I SHALL DUB THEM SMOOBIES!!!! NOW LET ME IN!!! LET ME IN SO I CAN HAVE SOME! OPEN THE DOORS! I BETTER GRAB ALL I CAN! Oh..."
Dark Bogan laughed and slurped evilly until one of the managers closed the shades, preventing him from looking in. He frowned and walked away defeated.

ICSYL SCOURGE: THE REAL FIN.
Philosophrator.png

Nacim finished telling Carla all the details. He glanced over and saw everyone had finally arrived. "It is about time you have showed up. Board the airship immediately. Our mission is to defend the City of Warriors. More civilians are involved but we can evacuate all of them after they finish the ritual. The ritual in question is one that is keeping a monstrous Dark Beast sealed. One that has killed over seven hundred. We must not let the seal be broken! That is our mission. A defensive one. We don't need to rout them to survive. Once it's complete, they will be unable to break it! I don't anticipate any OOA activity but with Sheena's wind beasts, they could appear without us detecting them until it is too late."

He was taking the mission seriously. Nacim knew even more than he let on after all. Field Marshall Hanja was one of the few survivors of the slaughter in the City of Warriors. If even the Field Marshall feared this Dark Beast now after all those years and how much stronger he had become, Nacim knew he had to prioritize this mission above all else. They weren't prepared for such a threat. He also found it disgusting how cowardly the ALF tactics were, to unleash such chaos on the continent just to win the war!They might not be able to suppress the Beast without tremendous causalities when it came time for them to conquer the land. It still bothered him though, the ALF must have known that. There must have been more their plan, some inside source had told them about this. A traitor among them?

As it so happened Nacim did have insurance plans in case any of those directly serving under him went rogue. They weren't completely flawless but maybe he'd have to utilize one of them soon. Yet which of them could know of such a thing? Noe came from Azull so it was a possibility. Carla could have been behind it, being a dark beast after all. Yet she would be the hardest one to kill in such an event. He would have to resort to using Lowe as a hostage in such a scenario.

Just as everyone was loading up and about ready to take off, Carla went into the control room to give Lowe a pep-talk, noticing how ghastly he looked. "Lowe. Don't blame yourself. There's nothing we could have done for him. He made a stupid mistake. We have to focus on the mission at hand. We can't change the past. You can't protect or save 13 but you protect the rest of the 4th Unit and those civilians to the best of your abilities, Lowe. That's all I ask." She didn't personally care as much about 13, she just had similar feelings towards her sister's death. She had wished she could have done something differently, something to have saved her.

It seemed to work. She wasn't good at speeches but when it came to tragedy, she had learned all about it from experience. It wasn't just her sister, her whole family probably died off in the bombings. Her entire race most likely. Lowe reacted,"Carla. Thank you. That's what I needed. I understand now. I can't let it get to me at a time like this. Heh, well this is the reason you outrank me alright. Regardless, I'll do my best! I don't think my co-piloting will effect this too much from what Nacim is saying though heh. Have a nice flight Lu- Carla, err Commander Carla." He laughed his mistake off. It was a tad-confusing; both her and Nacim could be referred to as Commander. Carla being the Lieutenant Commander. It also happened her knew her a bit too well, always just calling her Carla now and then.

Finally they all boarded the airship and took off. The rest of the brigade were in the cabin area while Carla, Lowe and Nacim were in the control room. Nacim guided Lowe and give him tips,"Listen, watch me. This is how you pilot an airship. It's simple. It's when you come under fire or have to make a landing that things get difficult. I can't give you the combat simulation right now but I'll show you just how the basics. And how we land safely and quickly. We'll train you on our own time, for now just watch and keep your hands near the wheel in case I do need you." Lowe nodded. It might have been disappointing to know but he realized lives were at stake, lives that were more important than airship training.

The airship made its way smoothly to the City of Warriors. A city whose architecture and history were richer than most on the continent. It all started a few centuries ago when the world was in more of a chaotic state with open war being waged on the surface. Tribes and clans from all across the world immigrated to the City in these trying times and founded it making it the melting-pot of Shintaion. People of all races could live there in harmony it seemed, as long as you respected the laws of the city and lived to fight it was a sanctuary. It was said the City was even the birthplace of Sho the 10th, an old large bronze statue of him still being present in the town square to this day. Needless to say, it was a famous tourist destination in its heyday. It just had such a rich culture to it, few places in the world could match it. It's cold climate was not enough to deter visitors. People could come from all over the world to experience the sights, sounds and taste of the city. The festivals they used to hold were especially memorable.

The city was still considered a work of art even after the Dark Beast's rampage. The roads were still in good shape, the various shrines and dojos used to train in were mostly intact. Even the old restaurants like the "The Golden Lotus" still looked rather glorious yet they were all closed. The City was ordered abandoned after the Dark Beast's rampage. It didn't help that they lacked the resources to keep it safe like the barriers Azull and Arcadia had. That and with most of the young people in the City dead due to attack or the war, they lacked the power to defend it.

By far the most tragic place was the cemetery of the City now. So many young lives were ended in the rampage. Although the majority of women and children were saved, so many died fighting to give the spell-casters time to seal the Dark Beast away. Yet even the cemetery had traces of beauty, those who died in the battle were immortalized with a somber stone monument with each of their names in-described on it, all seven hundred and fifty of them. Frequently people would come into the city to pay their respects; some even lost their entire families in the attack and had no one left. It was a sacred place to many.

The destination was the Sri family shrine. It held the barrier like artificial that sealed away that savage Dark Beast. Yet it had seen better days, it had been ravaged far more than the others. The ground near it, the trees were lifeless.. It was where the Dark Beast attack started after all and where it ended...

Shrine_Ruins__Night_by_frankhong-2.jpg

Nacim landed the airship safely near the Sri shrine. "Alright! We've reached out destination! Now hurry, they're under fire from what I heard on the radio!! Move out and we'll take over the defense of the shrine!"

As the 4th unit moved towards the back of the shrine, they saw the ALF forces fighting the civilians. They were holding out well despite the age gap. A few of them were injured though but it seemed they had been fortunate enough not to suffer any causalities yet.

An ALF leader used a set of speakers to broadcast his demands to the civilians,"I, Colonel Riggs V Hawke find this display foolish. Let this dead city fall! Why do you insist on throwing your lives away? You don't stand a chance against us; you're all too old and senile to fight an army! Just walk away! This old heap of ruins is not worth dying for! The gunners will now approach the shrine. You will die if you do not flee or surrender to them!"

The Colonel was an imposing figure, far more professional and decorated of an ALF leader than Bastian. He was a human around 5'9 and clad in ALF medium armor with a helmet covering his short black hair. He looked to be about thirty-seven and had a mustache of average length that was well maintained and very slick. He seemed to be a man of honor whom hated one-sided battles like this.. Yet even he had his breaking point and his dedication to his country outweighed his sense of honor at times. He had an air of arrogance about him.

The civilians, not seeing the ABC coming towards them, held their position. An older elf man fired off a cross-bow at the incoming gunners but was shot in the head violently, killing him with ease. They fired on others, mostly grazing them but they succeeded in killing four more people in their path. This enraged the others but Nacim stopped them.

Nacim spoke "It is not right for you to have to fight! Let us handle this! Where is Hideki, overseeing the seal you say? Hmph! Regardless, you all are to fall back! We can handle the defense from this point on!!!! Now go back into the shrine!" He ordered them. They hesitantly listened to him. He then quickly glanced over at the ALF forces. They were numerous. It would be a hard-fought battle...

The three gunners were armed with rifles as they pushed towards the shrine, they began to fire on the ABC members as they ducked for any cover. It made it difficult for them to get any chance to combat them as they would get hit for sure. Yet as luck had it, a strange mist began to pour into the battle-field. It was aimed a little bit away from the shrine and thus did not hamper the ABC as much as it did the ALF.

Colonel Riggs called out in vain, "It's an energy technique!!! Water energy in the air like this to affect our vision! Front line gunners, pull back!!! Pull back now!" He called out over the radio to them. It was too late for them, an old water beast had already moved in and formed a two handed long sword known as a Nodachi. It was made of highly pressurized water energy.He sliced into the chests of the three gunners with one swift strike, easily killing them before they could spot him or retreat in time.

"That is what your people deserve for writing us off as mere old timers. You killed five more of my comrades! I can NEVER forgive that! This is our homeland, this is a sacred place, petty bandits like you will find only death here! Flee now to spare yourself from any further humiliation. Die like dogs or men, it is your choice!" Hideki Sri yelled out viciously. He was an old water beast, in his fifties or so. His face had several scars on it and he carried many wounds from past battles all over his body. He was clad in light armor that allowed for fast movement over defense. He had fought numerous battles over his life. Yet perhaps his age was beginning to catch up with him as he was looking tired. He was a man filled with both anger, pride and sorrow. Being the leader of the City for many years after his father passed on, he had seen the City's prosperity, downfall and now this.

Colonel Riggs looked aggravated as he ordered,"It was my tactical mistake....I did not anticipate Hideki Sri would be here. He must have waited for that moment we got too close.. We cannot under estimate them. Especially now that the Arcadians have finally shown up. I want you all to fight them but to fight smart. Do not get too close, if we keep our distance they will be at a disadvantage! The armored troops will lead the way and shield the gunners and archers and push forward! Just wear down their defenses and don't focus on killing them, we merely need to exhaust and stall them until our reinforcements arrive! Then we will overwhelm them, push in and break the seal!" The ABC weren't able to hear his words so they had no idea of what was coming.

Hideki spoke to all of the ABC, "About damn time! You can thank me later for that. For now fight, I'll lead the way! I won't let them set foot on the shrine even if it means my life! You may call me Hideki. The seal will be complete again in a matter of minutes. Hold them off and kill as many as you desire! These ALF dogs will rue the day they descended upon us! That is all you need know...." He did not show much respect to Nacim's authority it seemed. Oddly enough he was eager to spill ALF blood than Nacim. He however looked over at Carla for some reason. A bit apprehensive of her. He did not seem to be aware or care about his own safety at all. He wanted to go for an all-out-offensive.

As the mist cleared they caught sight of were the ten armored troops equipped with pistols and shields this time to be more defensive. More advanced ones meant to defend from magic and elemental energy. They were leading the charge. Ten Gunners were armed mostly with rifles were behind them were fourteen archers with advanced bow-guns in the back. These bow-guns lacked the range of typical bows, they were faster and deadlier.

Lowe moved in and set up some earth walls as cover for the ABC. Carla formed her energy rifle, ready to begin ranged attacks on them. Nacim had to stay back for now with the archers around. Flight would not be safe. Nacim gave formal orders, "We cannot charge in. Fortify our defenses and kill them only when given the opportunity. Once the seal is up, they won't be able to break it, even if they tried to destroy the barrier. It's something that cannot be done without magic. Do not stray far from the shrine and stick with distance attacks if you can. Let none get past you! That is our strategy!"

He then muttered so only the ABC members could hear him, "Someone please keep tabs on the old man. He's the Field Marshall's father. We can't let anything happen to him, no matter how insistent he is on leading the charge. He can defend himself clearly but he's acting on emotion and nothing else."

Azull...Her home...She hadn't been here in years, since she left in the first place. It was too soon to come back, much too soon. She hadn't accomplished anything since she left, but she was being forced back. Great, just great. She stared out at the landscape as they travelled, drifting back to her childhood as her surroundings blurred out. The other kids....Azull was the place for warriors. Not psychopaths...not for her. She didn't belong in this place...

She found her hands shaking uncontrollably as she drifted deeper into her trance. The fights, they...The other children...the stronger ones...Bruises...cuts, scars, blood...Her parents...Always disappointed...Then...disowned... More shaking, heavy breathing, sweating, despite the temperature and general lack of heat at the moment. She couldn't control it. She'd see them again...No, she wouldn't...They wouldn't pay attention...They'd be gone...There'd be no reason for them to be anywhere near this place... She could see herself crying...never able to do anything besides cry...And true to it, a few stray tears began to leak from her eyes. She was still by the end of it...Nobody would've seen... She promised she'd be strong...Then...then the blackouts started...the voices started...

She woke up, realizing they had arrived at the target area. It was time to go... She wiped the tears from her face, though her face was still red, especially under her eyes. The fighting had already started by the time they got to the scene. An older water beast was there, protecting the site with emotion-driven fury. Noe listened to Nacim's orders and nodded, though she wasn't sure if anyone could even see her gesture. She'd watch the old man as well as she could, but he seemed incredibly impulsive...Her eyes drifted to the side so she'd have sight on him at all times. Her aura shot up as a warning to the enemy. She wasn't sure what she could do, but at the very least, she could try intimidating them. Her hands were still shaking from her nightmares...This didn't bode well at all...

The old man looked at Noe and said, "What the hell has gotten into you? Try to muster your strength and snap out of it! They'll just shoot you to death otherwise! Don't die for nothing like that!" Hideki looked concerned. Yet he knew what he could do, he could cover her for now. He had time to react as the ALF troops marching down were remaining careful and holding their shields up.

"Lowe! Use your earth energy! This is our chance...They have no defense from attacks from under them! Kill them or break their ranks, either will work!!! Then we can go on the offensive." Nacim ordered Lowe. Lowe did not hesitate as he charged his energy and slammed his fists into the ground. It soon caused three sharp spires to rise out from underneath the marching ALF troops. They managed to avoid being skewered by the spires yet now they had separated. Now they were much easier to attack with the defensive formation almost entirely broken.

"Earth Beast! They got-" Carla promptly shot the gunner with a small powerful beam, piercing through even his helmet before he could get his words out on his radio. Yet it might have been too late, they were already aware of Lowe's abilities as they could be seen and even felt.

"Very good!!!Now girl, compose yourself. I used to have a granddaughter who would be about your age now. I can tell about that later. For now allow me to handle the killing! They don't understand the horror of what they intend to unleash. I'll give them a taste of such dread myself!" Hideki recklessly ran into a group of the ALF troops whom were the least effected by Lowe's disruption.

He told them the story as he sliced into the neck of one of the gunners easily killing her. The two armored troopers tried firing at him but kept missing him as he side-stepped their attacks,"This Dark Beast. It's first victims were human. Did gruesome things to them, beheaded them, burned them alive for fun.. Most of his victims were human but this abomination it wasn't too picky. It loved the smell of death. Men, women, children. Defenseless or not, they were all fair game in it's eyes. What makes you special, what makes you think you'll be saved?"

The ALF troops finally managed to shoot Hideki in the shoulder but he ignored the wound as he moved closer to them and continued to tell his story, "Now tell me. Why wouldn't it want you, you'd just be meals to it. Appetizers for it's insatiable appetite for killing. You'll all die here regardless... unless you have the sense to call this off and run like the dogs you are!" He looked at one of the armored troops dead in the eyes as they continued to fire at him, shooting his shoulder and breaking apart the little armor he did have on it.

Hideki struggled to cut through the armor with his blade so he applied more of his energy to it, making his Nodachi even more pressurized as it finally sliced through the armored trooper's chest-plate and killed him. Now only one armored trooper near him remained. "Now you're alone. Even if I hadn't killed them, it would feast on them. Think of it as a gesture of respect. Dying by the blade of a warrior understand of the fangs of a monstrosity. This beast killed over seven hundred people you realize. It could take on the ALF and the OOA. Maybe it'd finally die if they threw enough men and women at it but it'd kill so many. It killed too many before.

He continued,"That goddamned abomination! It killed my granddaughter!!!! It didn't take my life, no. It would have been too kind to have taken me instead.. And you foolish ALF dogs want to unleash it again?!YOU LISTEN! If you want to live and ever see your family again, tell your general to call this attack off NOW!"

The ALF trooper stood his ground, "No! An old man's ghost stories aren't reason to abandon the mission! The ALF is here to liberate you, only we have the strength to defeat Dark Beasts! I will not surrender to you! We don't give into fear or demands of the enemy! We fight for freedom, never out of fear!"

Hideki laughed at the trooper as he sliced his weapon apart and then dug his blade violently in and out of the trooper's chest until he finally killed him, "ENOUGH!!! You dogs sicken me!!! I feel no sympathy for you. I want to talk with the general, not his driveling loyal attack dogs! You want freedom for all things, even abominations that should never see the light of day?! Enough of this! I will charge your leader head on and confront him myself!!! He will listen or I will cut him down personally!" He was beginning to look tired out as he made a dash straight for Colonel Riggs.

More troops were there though that he soon saw. Too many for him to take on. Nacim quickly took notice of this and grabbed Hideki and flew back towards the shrine. "What are you trying to do? You'll get yourself killed old man!!!! Even if you are still quite the warrior. You are injured! Now stay here and defend it!!!!! Let us handle that, it is our job as soldiers in the ABC!!! They will not call off this attack no matter what you tell them! The ALF may be diplomatic but when you kill their forces it is too late to negotiate!"

Hideki was frustrated as he caught his breathe. "You could never understand, Wind Beast! The way this city used to be filled with life.. We were at the dawn of a golden age. Until that monster attacked and stole our future from us. I have nothing left to lose. I trained for this,for years! I lived only for this. I kept myself in the best physical condition I could! My only purpose in life now is to protect MY CITY! To die for it..Just like those brave men and women did that day. Even if this old body of mine fails me, my spirit will give me the strength to move! To prevent the unleashing of that monster at all costs.. That is my only objective!"

Nacim was visibly frustrated. He ordered to Noe quietly,"Noe...Watch over him. Better this time. There won't be another chance for him. If he insists on fighting again, you must lead the way and hold him back if need be. It is vital. FOCUS!"
He then thought of the situation to himself as he moved back to the front-lines, "This is a waste of our time. Yet if we keep him alive, it would gain us the Field Marshall's favor. We will not be unrewarded." He wasn't doing this from the goodness of his heart or out of concern for Hideki, he just wanted to move up in the ranks. It could certainly help in his revenge campaign against the ALF and OOA. He knew the old man was in a lot of pain but avoided showing it. He couldn't handle another stunt like that and come out alive. That was most likely the extent of his stamina. Spirit couldn't make you invincible to bullets after all.

Hideki grabbed a med kit and patched his own shoulder up as he glared over at Carla watching her closely as she fired barrages of beams at the ALF troops, destroying several shields but not piercing their armor just yet. Lowe warned Carla, "Carla don't over exert yourself. We can handle the rest of them now! We'll move up ahead and I'll set us up some more cover, that way they can't easily push us back!" Hideki listened to Lowe's words and seemed to understand what sort of bond he had with Carla. Something that brought back unpleasant memories of his past mistakes. His mistake that caused the end of his city and the death of his beloved granddaughter. His prejudice. It was all his fault, the guilt was one of the things killing him, not his wounds.

"I am aware Lowe. I have little choice. I'll cover you just to be certain you get there safely...And don't go in too far. They must have more. We just don't have sight everywhere on them.."
Lowe nodded as he moved in. He did the same move as he caused spires to rise out of the ground, this time skewering several gunners this time. The ALF troops pulled back as their Colonel issued them an order to do so.

".....Pull back! We can't win that way, they're too fortified in there we must change tactics! The Wind Beast squad we ordered is slow..Far too slow. We lost contact with the wind beast squad that we requested.. As for reinforcements I'll check on their status!" Riggs used his radio as he tried to reach an ALF vessel that was to supply them with an ample amount of reinforcements. Enough to the point where they could easily crush the ABC with sheer numbers.

"Come in Captain this is Colonel Riggs, Captain do you read me? CAPTAIN?!....Static. I thought we took care of those damned pirates. What could have happened to them? OOA intervention perhaps but so close to our own territory? Either way, men we have to end this now! Instead of being so defensive when we are the ones who have pushed them back, we have to fire on them! Dismantle the shrine with whatever weapons you must! We are not the ones losing this battle so we can march proudly on their land and show them who the supreme military IS in this broken shell of a world! Spread out and hold nothing back! If Azull does not fall, we will have no escape route. It is victory or death, men! I will join you soon. Lead the charge!" The Colonel rallied his troops as he changed plans.

Although Lowe and the others now had a bit of a make-shift barricade made from Lowe's earth walls set up as the ALF re-grouped, the ALF were not intimidated. Now they were going full out offensive. Gunners, archers and even the armored troops were all using ranged weaponry and firing upon the ABC members as they marched down, more spread out this time and more of those whom were protecting the Colonel moved in. The armored troops had discarded their shields and some were wielding heavier rifles while others were moving in with broadswords. The ALF were no longer playing it safe!

Noe continued with her half-daze until the sounds of gunfire broke out, causing her to flinch, snapping out of her stupor. "U...Eh...Wha....wh...what? What's...what's going on?... ... ... You old fart, get back here! God damnit!"

He was already too far into the fight for her to catch up, so she waited at the point, tapping her foot impatiently until he returned, licking his wounds, so to speak.

"You loony old bastard, don't go off like that again!" She had to keep up a mean front. She already showed weakness, and that was bad enough. "I'm supposed to watch over you, so stop running off like a madman!" She stood in front of him and let her aura shoot up, at a noticeably smaller height. Reinforcements were coming...?...So they were going to start firing, then? Even on the innocents?

"You guys are psychotic! Trying to bring some terrible thing back...If you can't beat us, how can you control something like that?!" She screamed, hoping to discourage them.

Mach and Ina had been surveying the battle as it had begun to take place. They weren't ones to enter a battlefield until getting a firm grasp of their environment and the enemy ahead, after all Mach and Ina provided support in battle and weren't the strikers. The ALF had decided they were coming at the ABC full out and the ABC was not in the best position at the moment with their troops taking cover under makeshift barriers. Mach and Ina realized they needed to slow the ALF down for ABC to get it's bearings.

Ina and Mach came up with a plan to help slow the ALF advance towards the shrine. Thanks to the story of Icarus that the two had read about when they were younger they were able to fashion together a pair of wings made of timber, feathers, and glue in record time grabbing their supplies from unlikely resources, especially the feathers. With the wings ready Mach made the couple incredibly light to they could soar in the sky with ease, Ina barely had to flap the man made wings.

Soon enough the twins had an aerial view of the battle field and saw where they could strike most effectively. "Ina, fly me into the trenches of the enemy! Drop me from above so I can create havoc!" Mach said with a grin laughing. Even though they were in dire circumstances he enjoyed a tussle especially when he didn't have to hurt anyone. "Aye aye!" Ina replied giggling. They soared over the advancing battalion which didn't give them much notice as the twins looked like a bird as high as they were.

Mach released the grip he had on his sisters legs and began his plummet towards the horde of soldiers on the ground. Ina between flaps of her wings calculated where Mach was going to land and shot a few rounds of magic into the soil to soften his landing. Mach on the other hand had made himself heavier as to accelerate faster so he had less of a chance of being shot down on his descent. A moment before Mach hit the ground he lightened himself as to absorb more of the impact as well as the softened soil thanks to his sister. Mach surprised the soldiers he landed directly in front of as they were struck with his massive sword, doubling the armors weight. The blade itself was incredibly light to Mach's touch allowing him to have even more power with each swing. Mach slid and dodged through the ranks striking as many people at least once to cause a traffic jam of sorts.

Ina watched from above and had circled back to get some distance between herself and the enemy. She then in timing with her flaps proceeded to litter the ground several feet in front of the ALF forces with softening magic slowly creating a quicksand effect that would trap anything that either was slow or heavy. The twins could only hope that they could delay the opposing force long enough to make a difference before they themselves were in hot water and being targeted after there surprise attack. THey could only hope for the best in the continuing battle to come.

Edward had just set foot in Azull with Madesi, she had taken over control again with Sister content. They were talking about the situation the whole way and Madesi had agreed to the plans. A ship hummed in the distance as it took off. Madesi was probably planning on boarding one of those ships. "So just a bit to the north it will get a little more dangerous. You still have your weapons?"
"I do, after meshing together with many of my other selves I managed to retain their skills. I am fairly useful in combat." Edward smiled and began walking toward the City of Warriors. "We'll meet up with the others when we reach the city then we can give them some support. There should not be much of them as it had not shown up in any reports until now."

Emerging from the Azull front, a large group of retreating ALF soldiers arrived with some injured among them. They radioed Riggs informing him of their arrival before he moved in. He turned and saluted them. "Tell me...What is the situation in Azull?" He asked them. They responded, "It looks bad. They had artillery everywhere in the city ready for us backing up their warriors. We need something to distract them elsewhere...To divide their forces......We have to succeed here...Where's the ship?"

The Colonel's face turned serious. "I fear for the worst. OOA intervention. For now you can stay here. We've got them pushed back. I've radioed HQ for reinforcements! Now if you gentlemen excuse me, I must join my men! This place is safe for you and others...Use the radio to reach HQ or me if necessary. If any of you are well enough, you may join us!" The ALF troops nodded as he tried to join the charge.

Colonel Riggs readied his weapon. It was an unusual one, a technologically advanced hammer instead of a firearm or a ranged weapon like the others. It rested on his back until he pulled it off and readied it. It was in a compact state until he pressed a button causing it to change, revealing its hammer head. He soon saw that the charge had been disrupted by the quicksand.

"Ingenious yet this does not bode well for us!!! Now men! We can pull them out!!! We need everyone we can get for this assault!" He gathered up some of those forces not caught in the quick sand to quickly try to pull those out of it while looking towards the shrine, weary of attacks. It slowed them down quite a bit and the armored troops's armor was being broken down slowly as Carla kept firing upon them.

Before the Colonel could progress any further, he heard a scream from behind him. "M-m-MUTINYYYYYY! YOU GOD FORSAKEN VULTURES!!!!" An archer collapsed after being stabbed with a javelin from behind as he spoke his last words. The ALF Wind Beasts had been "convinced" to work with Sheena's forces! Second class citizens or slaves never made for loyal soldiers after all. The escapees from the Azull front seemed doomed as the OOA Wind Beasts descended upon them without any shred of mercy. The deep-seeded hatred between the two sides was clear in this moment.

"ALF!!!! You enslaved my people! You force them to fight just to be treated as equals?? You horde technology, technology being the force that condemned our world to this fate. Your sins are the greatest as far as world powers go! I will make this place your grave if you do not have the sense to surrender! Shintaion will be Lady Lucia's holy land, you are not permitted to dwell here! Prepare for my judgement!"
Sheena shouted, filled with righteous indignation. She might have been mistrusting towards Lucia lately but her hatred for the ALF was great. She readied her halberd as she set her sights on several ALF troops.

Before Sheena could do too much, her little niece Sienna questioned visibly afraid of fighting for the first time,"A-a-auntie...Am I going to have to kill people??? I...I...D-d-d-don't think I'm ready for tt-t--this...Can't we just reason with them? Force them to give up and throw their weapons down?" Her hands trembled as she struggled to think up her next move. She had dreams of changing the war, of bringing peace to the world. Such dreams were going out the window very fast. She saw wounded gunner on the ground and her instinct was to help him. She moved in but he motioned to shoot her despite how close to death he was.

Sheena reacted quickly as she forced Sienna to turn away. She impaled the gunner violently with her halberd, killing him as quickly as she could,"Yes....And do not address me in such a way Sienna.. You can't hesitate, he would have killed you. It's us or them.. You will have to kill Sienna, I'm...Sorry..But this is the way it is.. This is war. Lady Lucia chose you for this...Even if you aren't ready, it is too late to turn back now...I wish it didn't come to this but it's too late for wishful thoughts of peace with these ALF devils! They can never be forgiven! Think of what they are doing to our people, Sienna! Now make a weapon or prepare some sort of technique. Your glaive, Sienna remember it! Remember what Shine and I have taught you! Stay by my side and we will ride to victory!" Sienna looked horrified as she turned and saw the dead gunner's grisly corpse but she took Sheena's words seriously. She flew close to Sheena for safety reasons and prepared to fight despite all her hesitation and fear.

Riggs was frustrated as he stroked his mustache vigorously,"We must destroy the shrine! The Emerald Eagle herself has made this affair a Melee a Trois!!! Their strategy is clearly to wipe us out first! Our only hope is to destroy the shrine and accomplish our mission! I'll lead the way this time!!!! There's no time to waste!!!! Archers, fend off the OOA Wind Beasts, you can best them! The rest of us will continue the charge!"

The Colonel marched near the barricade and looked for the commander of the ABC forces. He was going to end this as fast as he could and go straight for the leader. The ABC needed to suffer a blow for the tables to turn in his favor. He now intended to draw out Nacim into the open. "Arcadians! Let me speak to your commander! We must talk!!! You must surrender but perhaps we can work this out so you can keep your lives at least! Leave the shrine so we may end this savagery we call war!"

"WE REFUSE! You are thinking of releasing that thing upon us...I rather die than let that thing kill any more people!!! You are the one who has to make the choice, continue your insane genocide mission or quit so you may die without humiliation! I am Hideki Sri, leader of the City of Warriors! You are but a whelp barking orders when it is your men that will all die here if this continues!" Hideki yelled at the Colonel angrily as he readied his blade to kill the Colonel.

Hideki made his way towards the Colonel, he dodged a bullet but as a result Riggs hit him away with his hammer, sending him towards Noe before he could react. "I do not take pleasure in beating on feeble old men! You are not the commander of the ABC forces!! I will not go against my superiors; this is for the good of the whole world!!! Some may have to suffer like you do but in the end we will unite it and bring an age of prosperity to the land!"

"Son of a bitch! You.....Don't you ever talk down to me like that! You can't just brush me off! You don't know the history of this place. I would never mock the victims of that thing but once it is loose....I will be there and you will beg and plead for my help.. I will offer none as you and your men become nothing more than a feast for it! Such will be the fate of fools who do not heed my warnings! Now fight me like a man! Make sure none of your minions interfere this time! I fight for my City, my granddaughter!!!! So no more people die to that abomination!!!!!" Noe helped him Hideki up, she noticed how badly beaten he was. One shoulder had the wounds from the guns; the other was in even worse shape, the hammer having done big damage to it. Yet despite that he wanted to head right back to fight the Colonel. He ignored the massive pain as his spirit continued to give him the will to fight.

Noe failed at holding him back and instead got in front of him and began to swing at the Colonel, he dodged easily. Her mind was still not right. "Why don't you just get out of here? Some leader you are! You just follow orders and worry about consequences after it is all said and done! Explain to me how you intend to control that thing!"

He shouted at her,"Enough! I will never betray my country, I will never defy orders! I WILL NEVER abandon the mission that these brave men and women died for! When will you people learn you're not good enough to kill me? How about I show you just why Colonel Riggs is a household name among The ALF! FULL POWER!!!!" This time he put all his strength as he swung his hammer and side-swiped her a bit too fast for her to dodge, knocking her back. This time Hideki rushed to her side to cover her as they had to fall back. The Colonel smirked in his moment of triumph.

Before he could say another word, a large beam of dark energy nearly hit him. An armored trooper intercepted the hit as the beam pierced into his chest. He effectively saved the Colonel's life from Carla's attack. He said aloud to the dying soldier, "Do not fear..I will not let your sacrifice be in vain!!!!That must have been a Dark Beast..I must slay it! To think Arcadians would stoop so low. This requires a change of plans. Keep the pressure on them!!! I will take this girl and the old man as prisoners! They may be a motley crew but their numbers are nothing compared to ours!! Now...We can do this the easy way or we can do it the bone-shattering painful way, I shall let you two choose your fate!" He folded up his hammer and ran towards Noe and Hideki. He was convinced no one could stop him now that Carla's attack had been intercepted.

Carla did show some concern as the Colonel had survived. Now she no longer had a chance at killing him so easily. She then turned her attention to further away. She saw the OOA Wind Beasts were fighting the ALF. She was ready to fire upon them and had a perfect shot of Sienna. She could kill her in one hit easily. "Wind Beasts. Perfect. This one is my target!" She readied her energy rifle and charged up so she could unleash a fatal shot.

However Nacim suddenly stopped her, "Stand down, let them fight the ALF instead of getting their attention upon us! They intend to rout the ALF here and now...They hate the ALF more than they hate us. We must use that, Carla. Then we will pick off the survivors. Dark Beast or not, tactics come before your killing instincts as a Dark Beast!!!!" He his his true intentions rather well. He had seen Sienna among the Wind Beasts. She was like a daughter to him. Now he was faced with having to fight both his lover and a child he helped raise! It was becoming increasingly difficult for him to hide the truth. He would have to fight them eventually.

Carla did not display it but she felt it was a bit suspicious. She also did not like the way he brought up her race like that. Yet she uttered not a word. Now was not the time to argue. He was her superior; there was little she could do. They had to focus on the battle. It had grown chaotic. The ALF forces were still numerous but the OOA were helping to thin out their numbers. Yet it seems those in the shrine needed more time to complete the ritual. The ABC had to continue to hold on.

Amidst the fighting and chaos, on this makeshift battlefield, Noe could only see Colonel Riggs clearly. The remainder of the area was blood red, a reaction to the vicious side swipe she has just taken for Hideki. She wanted to scream as loud as she could right now, to express this pain. But they were near her home now....She couldn't scream...She wouldn't...She bit down on her lip in a rash attempt to distract herself from the hammer wound, despite the small bit of blood from that. The bite was nothing at all... She tried moving, but she could feel the extent of the wound. Such a quick attack had such ridiculous force behind it! Her ribs were injured. She was sure of it. The tender area pained to touch, but she had to get up! The Colonel was still coming at them, wanting blood like some kind of wild animal. It took everything she had to crawl in front of him, slowly rising so she'd be standing in front of him once more. She would follow this mission...She would take this hit, at the very least. He was a more capable fighter than she was; that much was obvious. She let her energy flare up directly in front of Hideki Sri, blowing him back enough so he could hopefully avoid any damage that was coming at her. Her hands were still shaking...No...her entire body was shaking...She couldn't move. She could only watch as the Colonel charged ahead, folding the hammer up as he began his assault.

"Hmph. A valiant effort but not enough. Do not worry, I won't smash your skulls in! I'm not that sort of man. No, corpses don't make good prisoners of war! Like I said, one last chance, girl and old man. Do I need to pound more sense into you or can we do this in a civilized manner?" Colonel Riggs continued his suave act.

Hideki's anger reached a boiling point. "May Arlon damn you, coward!!! You have no spine to be thinking of things like that, a real warrior wouldn't need hostages! I won't let you hurt her any longer!!! She's not well, nor am I!!! But if I kill you and end this madness here...It'll all be worth all this pain and suffering we had to go through!!! This is it...Everything I've got left...In this last strike! For your sake, my granddaughter!!! Manami!!!!!!!!" Hideki yelled out as he destroyed his nodachi style blade and instead created two twin short sword Tanto blades. They were smaller but just as deadly and easier to control. He moved towards Riggs and began to swing at an amazing speed. He was still rather weak and in pain. He couldn't move too fast as he approached Riggs even if he was still able to swing.

Riggs however, countered with his hammer and bashed Hideki's hands, causing him to collapse in agony and dropping his blades. "Old man. I'd laugh at that desperate attempt were it not so saddening. You expected it to be a beautiful miracle instead of an utter failure. You are too old for this. Even when remembering your granddaughter you can't beat me. Your time has passed, the old have no place in this war or in the world. No relevance. Enjoy your last years in peace instead of throwing your life away by provoking me. You haven't the strength to protect yourself or this girl, much less honor anyone's memory!!!! The ALF is the future, old man. You are the past. We all have to let go of the past and accept our failures. You failed to protect your City and your granddaughter with it! It is all OVER for you! It's just another ruined city, give up already! If life is so miserable to you and you are so helpless, why are you even here?"

Looking saddened yet avoiding shedding any tears Hideki cried out,"You bastard!!! I...I.. won't quit! You...Just got lucky. That is all.. I can still fight you!!! You just wait right there.." Hideki struggled to get up. He couldn't. He was in too much pain now. It would take time for him to gather what was left of his strength.

"Oh you old fool...If you insist. I need only one hostage. You're not even with the ABC I can tell. I'll end your misery here!! It'll all be over once this hammer crushes your skull!!! Make your peace with Arlon or whoever you worship, your life ends now! In the City you loved, you will now DIE FOR IT! With what little dignity you have left!" He readied his hammer to smash Hideki's skull but before he could drop the hammer on him, he was tackled to the ground by Lowe himself.

"Allow me to smash your skull instead, Colonel! Now, Noe, take the old man and fall back if you can!!! I can handle this one myself! A hammer is no match for my defenses! No more talking down to anyone or picking on a civilian! Mr.Sri, I'll fight him on your behalf! Don't let this coward break your spirit!"
Lowe ordered as he took charge. He had taken advantage of the ALF and OOA fighting each-other so he could save Hideki and Noe instead of picking off enemies as they fought each other.

"You...ABC people aren't so bad after all...Sorry for any disrespect..Thank you kid...Maybe you and her...Will be all-right after all..." Hideki said was he struggled to talk now. He had a weak smile despite his pain and the humiliation he had just suffered. The woman in question he was referring to had to be Carla.

Struggling to deal with Lowe's weight, Riggs used all his strength to rise up and back off away from Lowe.
"How dare you!? You will not allow me to deliver the coup de grace? This does not bode well. I'd love to fight you but only on equal terms...I believe this calls for a tactical retreat!" He folded up his hammer as he ran back towards a group of remaining ALF forces.

"We both may be thinking men, Colonel but even I can tell you're just running away with your tail between your legs!" He used his energy to form up earth walls around the Colonel to attempt to trap him. The Colonel tried to smash the walls down with the hammers normally but found them far too sturdy. During this time, Carla prepared a powerful energy shot as she looked over at Lowe charging it up.

Much to Lowe's surprise however, one of the earth walls was suddenly frozen and smashed open. The Colonel's hammer revealed its secret in that moment. "I applaud that move there. However, you haven't taken my full abilities into account!" He rolled out of the hole he made quickly as he folded up his hammer to maximize his speed. He then turned his head and saw a large dark energy beam racing towards him. He jumped to dodge it but was still hit, burning through his right kneecap painfully. He was now limping back to the ALF troops.

Lowe helped Noe and Hideki to safety as he told them, "Don't worry, we can take things from here. You two just stay here by the Sri Shrine. The Order of Aegle showing up really has helped us...I don't know what their goal is but since it involves stopping the ALF, it is fine by me!"

He finally limped to safety but soon saw Sheena and Sienna were there to greet his forces personally. Sheena pointed her halberd at Colonel Rigg's neck on the left side and Sienna weakly held her Glaive on the right side. He was now in a very compromising position. The ALF forces ceased attacking as Sheena began to speak.

"Colonel Riggs. This scenario, your men's failure, it was all preordained by the Gods. By order of the Lady Lucia and the Gods, you and your men are to vacate the City or face death! Choose your fate now and choose wisely. There are no second chances in this life!" Sheena smiled as she delivered her speech to the Colonel. She was fully prepared to kill him.

"It appears I am just too popular for my own good. Old men, unstable girls, earth beasts, dark beasts and now the OOA all wish to do battle with me. Listen, I am not willing to give up now! I know a way out of this one!!!" Before he could attempt to elbow Sienna his radio went off.

It broadcast a message loudly: "The Dark Beast is heading to the City, I repeat subject is heading to the City. Your back up has arrived!" Colonel Riggs worry turned to a smirk as he stroked his mustache. He looked to the south as he saw ALF reinforcements arriving and he clapped. The tables were turning.

A burst of dark energy hit the ground near the ALF troops as a horrific creature made its appearance. A Dark Beast unlike any other. Carla was normal, this one was nothing short of monstrosity. It looked ghastly and strangely thin as if it were undead. Its eyes were menacing and filled with blood lust. Its body was mangled and covered in stitches as if it had been an ALF experiment. It even was even clad in some light ALF armor. It let out an evil grin as it gazed upon the battlefield.

DarkBoganDown.jpg

"Yes.. The fresh scent of decay in the air. War is a glorious thing. This world is what I always wanted!!! Not a world of peace,a world of decay, despair and death! Mmmmm women of all shapes and sizes..But girls that little shouldn't be on the battlefield. You aren't ready for war. The horror of it all. Watching grown men and women reduced into chunks of flesh, seeing their blood oozing onto the ground, the limbs. The skeletons of the fallen. The screams and cries of the dying. The cold touch of death right on your back!" The monster surveyed the combatants as he mostly focused on Sienna. Sienna was horrified and unable to move as Sheena tried to snap her out of it.

He then moved right next to Colonel Riggs and saw Hideki near the Shrine. "The old man. Oh I remember you.. Granddaddy's little girl in pieces that day. Little girls were meant to be broken you see. Something so beautiful can live only for so long, like a delicate flower. I plucked all the petals and she was gone just like that! You thought you'd seen the last of me? Once again, her love for me has condemned you!" The creature then pulled something off his back, a forbidden beast skeleton with a dog tag attached to it. He tossed it towards Lowe horrifying him. He had not the words to say anything back.

"Oh and this is for you...The sponge I called him before I removed all the unnecessary flesh and organs...He had so many holes through him when I was done. Ahahha..He was fun for the ten minutes he lasted. He kept crying and pleading with me. The name tag says 13, maybe the sponge was one of your men? Nah, he didn't amount to anything, too weak and unable to learn a damn thing! Ahahaha!"

He approached the ABC's earth walls. He walked slowly. Carla tried firing on him but he laughed it all off. He then saw Ephire and Alexandra and grabbed them both. Nacim, Lowe and Carla tried to stop him but he shrugged their attacks off. No one in the ABC could cause him to stop his onslaught!

"First...The male elf will perish!!!"
He poured energy into his right hand and created a massive sharp razor claw that pierced through Ephire's chest. Alexandra was disturbed by this but managed to break free. She tried to use her knives on Dark Bogan's flesh but it proved ineffective. He was still a Dark Beast after all. Their thick skin made normal knives difficult to use on them.

"Hahaha...Playing hard to get? Oh I love when they do that. Oh how to kill you...I could take the slow and painful but gratifying way.. No. You're an elf. I don't like those ears... Let me indulge you with this trinket!!!!"
He used his dark energy and created a dark energy circle in the air. It released a rain of dark javelins that pierced into Alexandra, she dodged a few but once one got her, it was too late. She was already dead. Armor could not protect anyone from such powerful attacks.

The creature laughed as he stomped and crushed the heads of the two elves just to insure they were dead. "Oh man..That was fun. But you know an elf just doesn't do it for me. Their screams don't sound as sweet as those of fellow beasts or even demons..Now...Who is next? Who else will be offered as a sacrifice to..Dark Bogan?"

Hideki cried out in horror, "This..This isn't possible!!! How is the seal still functioning if he is out here? How did he get free? I...This is impossible.. Everything I fought for....Was for nothing? You ALF dogs, you did all of this didn't you? How are you controlling it? WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING? Do you fools realize what sort of horror you've unleashed upon us all?! YOU GOD DAMNED FOOLS!!! May Arlon have mercy on us all...."

"Another Dark Beast...But this one is a freak mutation.. No more of us will die to you, your insanity has given you the notion that you're invincible. That is not true! We will show no mercy as we avenge our fallen comrades!!!" Carla said analyzing the situation, holding back how enraged she was over the deaths of her comrades.

Colonel Riggs looked disgusted as he shouted out,"I...Had nothing to do with this! It was the science division. They're controlling this thing. It was their pet project! I don't need to use a Dark Beast to beat the ABC in combat!!!! Yet now we have the upper hand. I think you and your Wind Beast friends need to yield to us! I hate to win in such an ugly fashion. Yet a victory is a victory regardless of how much grace was used to grasp it!" Sheena and Sienna reluctantly let him go.

Much to Rigg's horror Dark Bogan turned around and fired off a massive dark energy blast at the ALF reinforcements, killing them all in the explosion. Riggs now only had a small group left. "Control me? You retarded sons of bitches dreamed that YOU could control me? AHAHAHA! I just used you. Your little experiments pissed me off but they made me feel strong again..Even without my other half....Yess..Yessss. Now who do I kill next? You're all my prey; I don't care what uniforms you wear or what you are. I will kill every last one of you!" Dark Bogan licked his lips as he looked around.

The ALF forces panicked as they made a run for it leaving the Colonel behind. He yelled at them,"Stand your ground men!!!!!STAND YOUR GROUND!!! We can still do this if you just stand and fight it!!! I will personally see those bastards in the science division will be hanged for this!!!!For unleashing this creature upon us!!! Mind control technology will never work!" They did not listen to him as they continued to run. The creature put too much fear into them. Their discipline went out the window once they saw what Dark Bogan could do to them.

"Lambs led to the slaughter..Death Volley!"' Dark Bogan created four spheres of dark energy that he hurled at the retreating ALF forces, exploding in unison and killing them all with ease. Colonel Riggs now stood alone.

The Colonel spoke to himself weakly,"The whole unit..Everyone...Gone? No! ANYONE! ANYONE? Anyone still alive??? Please, someone has got to be out there!!! I need a status report, anyone! How many missing? How many injured? How many killed in action? The mission is a failure, we must abort! I repeat, we must abort! Fall back! I'll radio HQ for a retreat vessel! Colonel Riggs reporting, the Dark Beast is not under our control, we need back up to cover our escape! Anyone equipped to fight a Dark Beast!!!" He reached desperately for his radio as he tried to reach any members of his unit.He heard only static back as something was interfering with the signals.

The Colonel fell into despair as Dark Bogan laughed at him. He walked right up to Colonel. He patted Riggs on the shoulder, getting some of blood on his ALF uniform and mocking him. "Ahaha, oh you and your silly little mustache. I can't take you seriously. Just a sad little human, all by yourself. Just all by yourself! All your men and women died horrible deaths for nothing and became food to satisfy my appetite...That boat? I was the one who sunk it you should know. And now you've just helped me get even stronger! Once I destroy the shrine and break the seal..I can become complete again!!! You ALF fools are a riot...Ahaha, a shame I killed like every last one of you...Before I put you out of your misery...I have other matters to attend to...Armor to shred and pleasure to be had....Then the business of the shrine when no one is left to resist!" He then turned to look at Sheena and Sienna.

"A--a-aauntie what the hell is that thing? A real dark beast????! I....Don't know what to do! It's..Staring right at us!!! W-w-w-what can hurt it? Are we doomed without any light magic???!" Sienna cowered as Sheena tried to comfort her. She truly felt was if she was going to die right then and there.

Sheena hugged Sienna as if it would be for the last time. "Sienna. You and the others are going to retreat!!! That's an order. I'll stay and fight this thing here. Lady Lucia...Informed me of this possibility. That is the plan. That thing isn't just killing ALF troops for pleasure...It has a way of...Growing stronger with each life it takes..Leave! I'll be okay! I am to observe this creature..And to attempt to stop it! The rest of you must leave now!!!" She ordered Sienna and the other forces. Reluctantly they began to leave. She then glanced over at Nacim as if asking for his help. Nacim saw this and gave a bit of a subtle nod to her.

Dark Bogan began to close in on Sheena as she took flight. He laughed and said,"Wind Beast..So beautiful and majestic....Yess...But what will happen if I penetrate your armor? Mmmm....I don't think you'll be as elegant then...But just like the Colonel. You're all alone...A woman all alone. Just asking for it....What do you think is going to happen to you? You just didn't want your little girl to see what I'm about to do to you? So smart.." He fired off another dark blast that Sheena barley dodged. He kept laughing at her, seeing this fight to the death as one big game.

Sienna however refused and stayed with one other OOA Wind Beast with her. Sienna courageously tossed her glaive into Dark Bogan's head doing little damage but getting its attention off Sheena. "Auntie!!! I won't let that thing get you!!!! We'll fight it together!!!! W-w-we can win!" She was shaking with fear but unable to abandon Sheena to the abomination standing before her. Sheena looked unhappy about it but was glad to have some support. Sheena thought to herself, "Lucia's plan must have been to have that thing kill me all along....But she didn't see this coming...That Sienna would try..But why...Why is this old wind beast with her as well??"

"Oh, little wing wants to play? Allright...I can oblige all you buzzards, although the old man can go die in a fire for all I care! Even I got standards! Mmm.. There's a first time for every thing, little girl. A point where innocence is lost. Once you lose it, it's never coming back. Just like your life..Just like fleeting beauty. One moment a lovely sweet little child soldier...the next another mutilated pile of flesh and bones to add into the pile of the dogs of war! Ahahaha! Such a shame...I'd love to keep you alive for a bit though..Such a nice voice...I bet you're a screamer! Yes...a beautiful screaming voice..I want hear your adorable little cries for help! But then no one answers them as you find you're the last survivor, looking down and seeing what is left of the people you knew and loved...More tears. Enough to flood this entire world..." He tried to intimidate Sienna.

Sheena countered, "Don't listen to it, Sienna! Don't look at it! It's trying to terrify you!!! Stay with me and I won't let it harm you!!! We're going to be okay! The Gods are watching over us! They won't forsake us here and now! It's not that they let it exist, this thing is a corruption of nature! Something the Gods had no part in creating!!!!"

Nacim composed himself as he ordered the ABC members, "All ABC members, do not target the OOA forces...Consider this an unofficial truce with them for now! We can't coordinate with them in this situation but do not attack them! Aide them instead! This monster dark beast, Dark Bogan is our sole target. I have no idea if we can kill it but we can force it to retreat...That's the best we can hope for. Just keep your distance from it if you can. It's killed three of our members already....Focus on your survival. No more of us can die to that thing!!!!!! That is an absolute order above all others!" For once it seemed Nacim truly cared and indeed he realized the severity of the situation now. It was also his love for Sheena and Sienna. He couldn't just stand by as they were killed in front of him.

Hideki informed them of the seal's progress, "It's..done...But if that thing just blows up the whole shrine...It'll be for nothing!!! We have to....Kill that damn thing! I'll...Radio for reinforcements....My son the Field Marshall...He will have to come! Just last until then..It won't be able...To take on Azull's finest. It's weaker than it was before..There may be hope..." An older demon man helped Hideki move back into the shrine.

Despite how bleak things were looking. There was still a chance. It was not over yet. They just had to play it safe and not let that thing kill them. They couldn't lose anymore and certainly could not feed that creature anymore lives. It had taken too many, including three ABC members. The horror stories of Hideki were not the ramblings of an old man, they were playing out right now.

Noe could only watch as Dark Bogan arrived on the scene, making short work of both sides of the fight. Was this...was this the evil they were supposed to be containing? How did he get out?! Two of the previous teammates...He just killed them without breaking a sweat...And 13...That overconfident bastard who thought he was god...even he was dead now? This guy was...this guy was absolutely insane... Even now, he was ripping through the enemy...This was ridiculous... She heard the order to retreat, but she couldn't...Her legs wouldn't move now. Her whole body felt like jelly now...

" Move....move...please....just move!"

She was visibly shaking now, barely able to move her body. She took the slowest steps back, forgetting about protecting Hideki entirely. She couldn't think...She couldn't hear herself thinking...She continued retreating slowly, stumbling backwards over a bit of rough land, still scooting backwards slowly.

Dark Bogan's amusement was endless. Despite how he managed to unite warring forces against him,he was not taking it seriously at all. He then saw Noe in a good position for him."Ahaha...What is nice..Oh aren't you a little young for the battlefield? Not quite a child soldier like that adorable little wind girl...Yes.... Oh this is delicious!! I like them gift wrapped to me like this..Just toooo easy." He looked over at Noe as if sensing her fear.

"Oh. You're a crazy one. I like that. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe you're like me..I prefer my own species but a demon is FINE too!! Mmmm, which one of you would I would want to defile most..You and I have a lot more in common than you'd like to think. Yessss, I will make sure not to damage that body of yours too hard. No, it would be such a waste to reduce an alluring doll of a girl into ground beef! I'll have a sample of you MY OWN WAY!"
He continued his rambling, no one paid any attention to the fact he sensed Noe's personalities. He ran towards her before anyone could react and added no energy to his claws, instead he began to claw at her arms swiping at them rapidly and then licking the blood off them. He dug deep and painfully into them, but not enough to totally kill her.

The rest of the ABC scrambled to save Noe as Carla fired off beams at Dark Bogan and Lowe began running towards him. Nacim flew towards Noe in hopes of saving her."Yesss....So sweet.. I'll make you come out of your shell as I'll rip it all off! Now you will have your fill.. Your first taste of it with me.. Ahahha..But I have to eliminate any desires you have to fight back first!!! You will give yourself to me!!!! This is how this world works, Do not look away from what is about to happen!!!!!You are all powerless to stop atrocities like this! This is a symbol of what this world is now!! All you can do is TAKE IT ALL IN!"

"This whole world...IS ALREADY MINE JUST LIKE HER DEFENSELESS BODY LYING THERE BELOW MY FEET!!!!! JUST THE WAY I LOVE IT! I LOVE THIS WORLD FORSAKEN BY THE GODS!!! None of you will do a damn thing to SAVE HER! You're all just soooo terrified! You should save yourselves and run instead just like they always do! It's the only way you'll get out this one alive!!!!A sacrifice like her will please me for days! Don't try to be heroes or you will join in her torture!"
He created dark energy claws around his hands, much sharper than his normal claws as he edged closer to her. He could not contain his insane laughter. He truly loved to see suffering and fear more than anything else. He then created a dark circle in the sky, as if preparing his javelin attack but this time it looked bigger as if a larger weapon was to come through it this time.

Before he could continue, he turned around and noticed he had a halberd suddenly stuck in his back. Sheena did not intend to leave Dark Bogan alone. Enraged, he pulled it out without any pain. Yet he could no longer focus on Noe. He was taking them all too lightly. "Silence!!!!You are nothing short of a monstrosity! To delight in war and death like this. To see women that way when even Dark Beasts still share our same beliefs of protecting and respecting females! Lady Lucia's orders are to be respected!! It is me you desire, not Noe!!!!!All of your sins, all of your crimes will come back to you on this day!!! I think the Gods wish for me to smite you! Have at you, you filthy sinner! I will enforce the will of the Gods!!!" Sheena openly challenged Dark Bogan now, seemingly unafraid. In reality, she was not sure she would make it out alive even with help. She had to do this, she had to follow orders. She also wanted to help Noe having taken an interest in her. Dark Bogan's claws returned to normal as he changed his plans.

Nacim took advantage of this and grabbed Noe. He then set her down by the shrine's exit,"I don't know what has gotten into you. I know that thing must be terrifying to you. Seeing our comrades die to it..You're in no shape to fight so stay out of this!!! GOT IT? Someone help her get some treatment!!! That is an order!!!" Nacim was clearly frustrated and had no idea of Noe's feels toward Azull or what truly was bothering her. He then promptly moved back towards the scene of the fight.

Sheena readied another halberd this time aiming to impale Dark Bogan through the skull to attempt to finish him. However he reached out and punched her in the face knocking her back before she could land it,"NOT SEXY!!!!! What is your excuse for ending my fun just before it got to the juicy part? Why would a bitch like you try to be a hero all of a sudden and block me? Let me set this straight! I am the dominant force here! Whatever I desire, I TAKE. Victims, women, insects or meat, you're all the same to me! This is a war so let's act like it. I just want to hear the chorus of suffering and tragedy every minute, every day in this world! If you want to offer yourself to me instead, then maybe I'll take you!"

He licked his lips as he continued, "You know I always wanted to do it in the air!!!!!! And just so you know, she's not one of us! I can defile other women however I PLEASE!!! Hell even you're not off limits, I am not bound by standards! This is MY ideal world!!!! True freedom you wish you had is mine! I will do whatever it takes to survive and kill you all!!! You're just held back by your orders, rules and standards. It's all lies, this is war! It is savage by nature! Don't deny your own sins!!!"

"Auntie no!!! Oh please, be okay!!!!! Oh are you okay?? I..Can't believe he was able to hit you..."
Sienna checked on Sheena. She had a bruise but beyond that and the pride, no other injuries. Sheena quickly got over the pain of the blow and was ready to resume the fight.

"Enough!!! I am fine Sienna!!! We can't afford to do this.. It's aiming straight for us now!!!!!"
She flew back up and pushed Sienna out of the way was Dark Bogan tried to hurl a sphere of dark energy at them that exploded in the air seconds after they left.

The OOA old wind beast looked at Dark Bogan with extreme disgust as he created several shurikens made of wind energy and hurled them into Dark Bogan's chest. He was still not feeling anything or giving much of a reaction aside from anger. "Goddamn old man. Who the hell are you again? What, were you one of the few survivors of my little romp through the City who then drifted over to those poor tools who STILL worship the Gods after they let the world burn? Ahahah! Listen, just go rot in some old folk's home or something! Old people just..Aren't much fun to kill. Your bones are so brittle and snap like twigs! Your screams are so lifeless and dull. You'll just croak of natural causes any minute now! I just feel like I'd be making the world a brighter place if I put an old man like you out of commission! I can't have that now but..You are really a nuisance!"

The old man spoke only a few words to Dark Bogan, "You'll remember who I am once I am through with you..You killed my wife, my daughters and their families. My whole family line...Wiped out!! Just for one monster's amusement!!"

Dark Bogan snickered loudly as he taunted the old man, "Be more specific, how loud did they scream, how many pieces were they in and what type of beasts were they before I mutilated them? Or were they ones I blew apart or impaled, or did I kill them in some other way? I really can't remember everyone. Maybe they just didn't stick out to me if you know what I mean! Killing an ugly woman is just doing the world a favor hahaha after all. They couldn't have been that important. Did they even make bother making graves for so many corpses or did they just dump them into the ground like the trash they were? Maybe If you let me go check the cemetery I'll remember...maybe...honestly no I won't!" The old wind beast was filled with rage as he attempted to charge at Dark Bogan.

Nacim saw this and stepped in. He applied wind energy to his naginata and tossed it straight at Dark Bogan's stomach. "Old timer, get out of there now!!!" He said quickly. The old Wind Beast heeded Nacim's words and avoided the spear. Dark Bogan was not quite as lucky as it pierced his stomach and finally made the monster show some semblance of pain it seemed.

Bewildered and recognizing Nacim as Shine she spoke out, "W-as that U-u-u-ncle Shine? That's got to be him! Hey, Uncle how are you still al-"

Sheena quickly covered Sienna's mouth and stopped her from flying over to Nacim or giving away his identity. "Ssssssh, you must be mistaken!!! Focus on the battle!!! That is an order, Sienna! We have to prepare ourselves.. And you have to help me!" Sheena did her best to take Sienna's mind off Nacim.

For now it seemed Dark Bogan was paralyzed. However he painfully ripped the spear out of his stomach and despite all the blood he lost, he began to move. "Heh. Commander Nacim. Think I heard about you.. A man of mystery. A man of many secrets! Those ALF worms even called you a terrorist! One whom loved to slaughter civilians associated with the slave trade. They had it coming is what you must have thought. You sound a lot like me. You love this war too, don't you lie to me!!! Revenge..Revenge is what drives you!! Heh and I can tell you want Sheena more than I do hehehe. But I get the feeling it already happened there. Sloppy seconds never appealed to me! I like them fresh and young. Ripe so to speak!!! So when I break them..I truly break them in ahahaha! Yet maybe it'd really make you suffer if something were to happen to her. Yesss.." No one paid attention to his ramblings luckily. He forced Nacim back as he used his energy to create a black cloud above Nacim that rained down acidic rain! Nacim dodged it just barley as he sped off through the air.

"This is chaos. He is toying with us, making no effort to destroy the shrine! Yet we lack coordination, we can't work with the OOA forces that easily. We don't have many ABC members left able to fight it..And that goddamned merc isn't here yet! This is a nightmare scenario indeed.. I hate to say it but I may have little choice. I just must not let my identity be exposed to them..Yet it may either be that or death at this rate. I just don't know what it will take to really kill that thing. If only we had light energy or magic.." Nacim tried to think of something as he fell back. Cooperating with the OOA might be the only way to survive.

Struggling not to think too much about it Lowe tried to prepare himself. He then looked down at 13's skeleton again in the corner of his eyes. He was still in shock over it. Still horrified that this monster had killed three ABC members already. How could they fight and win against such a creature? Did it have any weaknesses at all? Did they stand a chance or was it just time to abandon the mission? Was...This a cause worth dying for? Many questions raced through Lowe's mind.

Carla was sick of seeing Lowe in such a state. She moved the skeleton out of his sight and told him,"Lowe, snap out of it!!!!! We need you here...That thing is trying to use fear. It wants us to be afraid. It wants us to act on emotion and forget about tactics and logic. You must ignore it's words and actions like that. We need to figure out some strategy to beat it. You're the only one who might be able to defend the shrine against it's attacks with your earth walls!"

"...You're right Carla.. I'm just not ready to die here, not now! It's time..I start acting like it! I...Want to heal and rebuild the world one day!!! Everything and everyone we're fighting for.. It's still overwhelming but if we just hold out...We have a chance of survival!"
Lowe did not instantly get over the shock but Carla's words did help him. Even if he lost these comrades dear to him. He still could protect the ones he had now. And of course, Carla herself. The one person in his life he valued above all others. He thought to himself,"He won't get a chance to kill her. I'll make sure of that..Even if I must sacrifice myself so Carla can live!!!" Lowe was determined now and seeing his fallen comrades now wouldn't be enough to break his resolve again.

Edward could hear the sounds of battle in the distance. There seemed to be a fog gathering. Madesi had readied herself as they approached. The battle had a stink of something old and dark. There were screams coming from the shrine ahead. "What the hell is going on?" Edward asked out loud to no one in particular. Many of the units had backed off from the presence ahead, Dark Bogan sat there making insults left and right. Luckily Edward was finally here to aid his employers. He took a few steps forward as they were regrouping, enough to bring Dark Bogan's attention to him. "Do not be so crude." Edward said transforming into his demonic form. "Regroup as I distract him." The doctor entered the criminally insane mind of Dark Bogan.

-The Mind

The deep black pools of water spilled out over the grey dusty rocks. There was a great feeling of being in a foreign land. There was no distinguishable features, aside from the subtle laughs in the background. Even through the darkness Edward made his way toward these sounds. Upon passing around another corrupted feature there was a group of shadowy figures surrounding a black pool tat lead straight to a waterfall. They each held a black flame close to them as they let a coffin float toward the falls. The seconds felt like minutes as the charcoal box fell down into an abyss which had no definition. Each of these figures then folded one into each other and the flame on the candles combined into the figures chest. "So this is your mind." Edward commented walking towards him thinking this image was safe.

"I order you, set me apart and eliminate this creature at once." It was his voice but it seemed to be coming from his memories. It was as if someone were talking to a group. "What do you mean?" The creature in shadows then turned to the Doctor with an evil glare.
"What are you doing here slime!? What are you doing HERE!?"
There had been those hostile in dreams toward him, but none that seemed as powerful as this one, nor as emotionally unstable The ground shifted below him, the dark pool of water fell off into the abyss as the entire land transformed into just the circle of land that stood between them. "Perhaps I could help you, I find your mind very unique."
"This is precisely what troubles me. I am unique, I am the only, I am revenge incarnate."
"What are you saying?"
"I'm ordering for you and your apparition to disappear get OUUUUUU!" Edward dodged a strike of a dark claw at him. This was his mind, the powers he could control here were limitless. He struck again with the same attack hitting a formation of stone that was still left behind. It was vaporized into a dark mist. Edward now ebbed to the offensive side trying a nightmare claw. He missed the shadowy creature and found the ground could not be broken by him. The stone was extremely dense.
"This is dangerous." He mentioned to himself as the attack continued from the host's end. The figure had leaped into the sky and came down with a vicious dark spike. He only managed to side step enough to suffer a cut down his right shoulder. On the outside of this dream his arm trickled with blood. He had to just hold on for a bit longer as the others could recover. There was another assault to think about, quick slashes from the creature, not a lot of power behind them but enough to spell defeat if hit by one. Eventually he was able to grab hold of the figure's hands and they were locked, perceivably eye to eye. There was a dark drool that escaped the feasible mouth on this figure. When it hit the ground it melted the rock which he could not even scratch. Hatred and revenge began to melt their platform into the black pools he saw before. There was darkness all over and he was now being attacked like a helpless swimmer. The beast charged through the water slashing away at Edward. There were large cuts all over his body by the time the initial assault stopped. He swam to the edge of the pool just in time to be smacked by the creature launching them both into the air away from the other floating bubbles of black darkness. "I see your mind is powerful, but I have done what I can, goodbye poor soul." Edward said getting out of his predicament.

-Shrine

Edward started to limp away into the forest as Bogan sat t here recovering from the mental interference. Hopefully he could get away as this creature was beyond anything he had seen before.

Mach and Ina were horrified at the death that Dark Bogan created in the matter of minutes. They had watched from a far trying to devise a plan on what to do in order to help defeat this monstrosity. Using there ability to almost think in sync Mach leapt into the air meeting Ina as she hammered clips of hardening magic bullets into Mach in order to make him more impervious to damage. Ina grabbed mach by the arm and threw him towards the direction of Dark Bogan hoping to surprise him via sky attack. To accompany Mach in his rapid descent Ina fired several softening bullets to strike Dark Bogan moments before Mach made contact with the flesh of evil itself.
Mach readied his sword to pierce into the backside of the monster and in that moments collided with the demon successfully breaking into it's gnarly hide. Mach only had a moment to unleash some heavy magic through the hilt of his sword into the beast before he was swiped away by it's maw of claws. His blade had sunk rather deep thanks to Ina's softening magic and caused Bogan an intense amount of anguish as Bogan inverted his arms and head and swatted Mach to the side as well as wrenching the sword from his body. Mach flew just far enough to gain his composure landing with sufficient grace as he increased his weight sword at his side ready to strike again, as his body weight became light again. As the heavy magic took effect Dark Bogans moves became increasingly slower allowing for more openings to be struck. There may be a ray of hope in defeating the abomination now.

Status
Not open for further replies.