Ice and Cabbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aleksei's father paused, seeming to listen Luca's words but said nothing. He peered over his shoulder, icy blue boring into Alek and Luca.
"It upset you? Finding out my only child may have betrayed our family has upset me. Knowing that he lies with a boy who knows nothing of real consequences upsets me. Having to choose in between trusting my son or turning him in, which could lead to a potential execution has upset me!" He snapped at the end of his sentence and turned his head back forward, resuming his walk to his study. Once he reached the door he paused in the frame turning to look at them one last time. "And I don't need nor want the assistance of someone so eager to betray others to save his own hide, I cannot bring myself to even respect trash like that, be glad I am allowing Aleksei the choice of staying with you." His features darkened and he glanced over at Alek. "I hope for his sake the choice he makes is the right one." The door fell shut when he was done speaking and the room went cold.

Bartov glanced at Aleksei, who stood angry and shaken to his core. He threw a dirty look at Nikolai, who tried to hold it but folded under his own guilt and looked away. He helped up Luca gently and led him towards the door bidding Bartov a empty goodbye. Once on the steps of his father's home, the door firmly shut behind them, Aleksei collapsed burying his hands in his hair, dropping his head between his legs. He mumbled every swear he knew, in every language before glancing up at Luca and deep small frown set in his face. "I am so sorry."

"It's not your fault Alek, it's mine," Luca murmured, "I'm the one who fucked up. Your father is right, I'm trash. I never--learned how to follow a leader. I'm not good with respect or loyalty. My whole childhood was running away from authority figures. I shouldn't have said anything. Alek-- you know that I don't just randomly switch loyalties though, right? I've just never had any real loyalties to the Italians but I would do anything for you. I think you should break up with me. I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm not going to break up with you! Don't even entertain de dought." He stood up and turned to Luca gathering him up in his arms. "I promised I'd keep you safe and I meant it. I love you." Aleksei pulled away from him and started down the steps towards their home. "I. . .I could try to leave." he froze as he uttered the phrase he'd had rolling around in his thoughts since he first had been dragged into that room. "Da. I want to be with you I love you. We could run away, we could get a house in de country." Aleksei turned to Luca resolve burning in his eyes and gripped his hands tightly.

"I'm going to leave dem. I want you, I choose you."

"They're your family, Alek," Luca whispered, "You need to really think this through. I don't want to end up like Romeo and Juliet. I would be glad to run away with you, Aleksei. I love you--but I don't have any ties keeping me here. You're the only person in the whole world that I care about. You have your family. And they're going to hunt you down if you leave. The Italians will probably just assume someone killed me because I annoyed them and forget about it. You--they care about you, Aleksei."

"And I care about you! Luca I love you! I cannot picture my life without you by my side now dat you are in it" He kept walking, fingers laced with Luca's and watched him out of the corners of his eyes. "I'm going to start making de preparations as soon as we return home. I'll find us a place, where do you want to live? Wales, Scotland? Let's move to Scotland, de Welsh language is just a bunch of English letters jumbled up by a drunken man and spat onto paper." He squeezed his hand comfortingly and grinned as bright as he could.

"I swear Luca I'll make it work. I'll keep you safe and happy, so do you dink, maybe if I can at least manage dat." Aleksei trailed off glancing away from his tiny lover, hand clenching around his tighter than before. "Do you dink maybe you'd marry me?"

"Of course I would," Luca smiled, kissing Alek's shoulder, "I would love it if we got married. You're the most amazing person that I know and I love you so much and I went to spend the rest of my life with you. And we can go anywhere; you pick. Where have you always wanted to go? Most countries speak a lot of English and I can try to learn another language if I need to. We should probably stay away from Russia and Italy but other than that we can go anywhere; cold or warm."

"America maybe in de South. I know for sure dere is no extension of my family's mob dere." He began to mount the steps to the flat once they reached their home. Aleksei lived close to where the rest of his family resided. Though he didn't live in the neighborhood they all seemed to reside in, choosing to instead to live a neighborhood over. He pushed open the door and whisked him inside. "Wait here." he ducked into the bedroom as he spoke.

The safe he kept could be heard opening from where Luca stood followed by the sound of rustling papers and objects bumping the side. He walked back into the den a few minutes later and draped a chain around Luca's neck. At the end of it dangled a simple silver ring made for a woman with a black diamond set in it. "It was my mother's, I don't expect you to where a lady's ring seeing how you are not a lady. I will get it re-sized when we move, but until den you can use it a necklace." Aleksei flopped back onto the couch his carefree demeanor back now that he had resolved himself to what he would do next. "Do you like it?"

"I love it," Luca murmured, picking it up between two of his fingers and studying it, "It's beautiful. Thank you, Alek--I know that this is really special to you and that means the world to me."
He let it lay on his chest, looking at Aleksei on the couch, "Do when do we have to leave?"
It wasn't that it was that big of a deal to him; it's not like he had any relatives or anything. He just had really great memories in England. Meeting Alek, moving in with Alek, falling in love with Alek. That was the thing, though--he was moving with Alek. Alek would still be there and all of the memories would still be in his head and there would be so many more terrific memories after that.

"You know--we can only get married in certain places in the United States," He told him, "And when exactly are we leaving? I have fake passports and stuff I can get so we can't be tracked if we're going along regular routes."

Alek shifted from his place on the couch, rubbing his head as he tried to pull all the details together. "Details Luca, we can figure all of dat out once I finish preparations." He winked. "You worry too much, come, come into my arms." He flailed his thick arms, gesturing for the smaller male to get on the couch with him. Either way, he leaned over and snatched the remote, flicking on the television to find some cheesy movie for them to forget the night's events to. "And fuck whoever tells me I can't marry you, dey can get the hell over it." He quipped, flashing a broad white smile. "Or I'll kill dem."

Luca grinned, sitting in Alek's lap and snuggling into his chest as he focused on the television. Alek was spectacular. Luca had always found himself more attracted to alpha males but usually that just got him stuck with jerks. Alek was so sweet to him; and protective as well. That made Luca feel really good; that someone cared that much about him. He felt so safe around Alek. He wasn't sure what he would have done if he had been forced to face Alek's father alone. He probably wouldn't have spoken to him the way that he had, that was for sure. The only reason he really said anything in the first place was because the man had hurt Alek and Luca was a bit protective, too.

"Hey--I'm not that much of a bitch, am I?" Luca checked.

"What makes you say dat?" he asked as he wound his arms around his waist. He frowned when his father's words surfaced in his thoughts. "You are not a bitch my dear. He said dat to hurt you, he doesn't even know you." His face nuzzled into Luca's throat and Aleksei gave a heavy sigh. Peering up at him he chewed on his lip a question weighing on his mind. "Do you regret being with me? it's okay if you do especially after today. You can leave me you know. I wouldn't force you to stay with me if you didn't want to. I just wanted everything to workout and after today I don't dink it ever will."

Alek silenced himself after he stopped his rambling and buried his face in Luca's chest. Unable to look at him fearing the answers to his question.

"I could never regret being with you, Alek," Luca assured him, running his fingers through the boy's hair, "I'm in love with you. I would never leave you willingly. You the best thing that's ever happened to me. You're the only person that I trust. You're my whole world. Snogging you is worth more than all the money in the world. Being with you is worth more than the entire world as a whole. I could never break up with you, Alek. You're too important to me."

Aleksei nuzzled the side of Luca's throat and pinned him down on the couch. Blonde hair fell off of his shoulders curtaining Luca's vision of everything but him. His eyes burned with passion as he gazed down at his form a hand sliding up his side roaming his torso. His tongue ran along his cheek and over his throat. He caught the sensitive flesh between his teeth and sucked eagerly leaving a mark when he moved his mouth away. "I love snogging you too." Mischief found his way into his voice and he let his teeth graze over his shoulder, holding his hips tight to keep him in place. "How about I show you exactly how much?"

((Fade to black and go on to the next day?))

((Sounds good xD))

Luca was shivering slightly when he awoke the next morning so he snuggled closer to the warmth of Aleksei. He had slid his boxers back on before falling asleep but that was it--he didn't have any other clothes on and he didn't have a lot of fat on him to keep him warm. The apartment wasn't all that cold but the living room was close to the air conditioner which made it a bit more chilly in there than anywhere else.

Luca slowly blinked his eyes open, looking up at Alek and brushing some of his hair out of his face.
"Wake up, Sleeping Beauty," He murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to Alek's lips, "Want me to make breakfast?"

"Da, dat would be amazing." Grumbling, the bear of a man sat up and glanced around for his underwear. He gave up on the idea after looking around for less then a minute and not seeing them. His hand, instead, dug around underneath the sofa and dragged his laptop out. He squinted at the bright light from the screen and ran his finger along the touch pad, quiet in his concentration.

After and few minutes of typing and mumbling to himself while squinting at his credit card the laptop shut and was moved to the coffee table. Aleksei made his way to the bedroom and dug around for a pair of jean and a tank top, tossing on a jacket once he was clothed. A dufflebag he'd retrieved from the closet it the bed and he emptied the contents of his safe into a side pocket on the inside of it. His and Luca's clothes began to fill the main compartment and he fought to close it when it was full.

Alek tossed it and the bag hit the wall next to the front door. He made his way into the kitchen to watch Luca work before speaking, a broad smile on his face. "I have de tickets reserved our plane leaves at 12 we are moving to Minnesota, I picked de most boring sounding state. I will go make a deposit right quick on an apartment in a second, and BAM we will be good to go."

Once Alek had confirmed that he wanted breakfast, Luca had slid off of the sofa and headed to the kitchen. His small acrobat muscles rippled as he moved, not bothering to put more clothes on since he would be working with the stove and oven. He had got out all of his ingredients and quickly set to work on making a large, delicious breakfast.

"They're called apartments in the states?" Luca wrinkled his nose as he flipped a pancake, "That's weird."

Since they were moving Luca had decided to make just about every breakfast food in the fridge. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and he had chocolate chip muffins in the oven. Luca, for some reason, found that he loved to cook breakfast foods. He had gotten very good at it and could make tasty food very quickly.

"Do you want toast or anything else?" Luca asked, "I can make french toast or waffles after the pancakes are done if you want any of those."

"All of it! I want everything!" Aleksei leaned forward on the counter like a child peering at the cooking food. He stole a pancake from the stack and stuffed it in his mouth swallowing it after five chews determined to not get caught. He gave Luca and innocent grin and took a sausage from the pile when he wasn't looking again, wolfing that down too, swearing when he realized how hot it was having just came off of the fire.

"You're going to make de most perfect house husband! Da! I can get job in ummmm." Aleksei froze when he realized he was lacking in everyday job credentials. "Uh, hmm, I can be. . . construction!" He shouted pleased with himself for finding something he could do. "Yes I will be de best construct man."

"You could always try going to college," Luca suggested, starting the french toast, "I mean--I don't know about you but I have a lot of money saved up. My accounts aren't tied to the mob at all so they won't be able to track me with them. They don't even use my real name. I guess that I'm kind of paranoid. . . but in the long run it seems to have been a good idea. If you don't want to, I'm sure that you'll be a great construction worker. I just don't want you to be doing that because that was the only job you could think of. You're brilliant, Aleksei. I bet that you could be a manager of a company or something. You're really good with leadership stuff. And you can start eating, now, you don't have to try to sneak food."

"I'm not brilliant you don't have to be good leader to be brilliant, but danka none de less." He started in on the food loading his plate up with pancakes and meat. "I packed up some of your stuff but I'm not sure if you want anything else from de room. I'll most likely buy a prepaid card when we get to de airport and transfer a good chunk of my funds dat way." He took a piece of french toast when Luca finished cooking it and ate that too.

"Let's leave soon dough my family will expect to see me today, it's already 10:30 and normally I'm over at the bar by now. " He checked his phone as it chimed in his pocket, as if on a cue. Aleksei glanced over the message and smiled a little before putting the cell away. "That was Bartov he told me dat he made it clear that I'm not coming in today and if anyone had a problem they could take it up with him." A hearty chuckle left his lips and he rested his head in his arms folded on the counter. "I must say dere is perks in having de Pakhan's son as a close cousin and friend."

((I'm soooo sorry. I never saw that you posted. If you don't want to continue this then I understand. Sorry, again!))

"The Pakhan?" Luca asked, heading to go make sure that Aleksei had packed everything that he couldn't live without and adding a couple of necessities. He was trying to hurry--he figured if they got into trouble with this they would be more lenient with Aleksei than him. He felt terrible that he was ripping Aleksei away from his family like this but he loved him too much to live without him. Plus, they hurt him and that scared Luca. What if he made a mistake in the future and they killed him for it?

Luca wanted the love of his life to be safe and although Luca wasn't good at fighting or protecting people, it still felt safer to have Aleksei with him. Maybe getting away from all of this would be nice. Luca might miss the action a bit but in the end it would all be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.