[IC] Seasonal Island Kingdoms Open World RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3waYjc.png

As Aston exited his house, he took in a slow, deep breath as the snow and cold wind hit against his face. It wasn't as cold as it could possibly be, which was slightly surprising to Aston, as he was prepared for a much colder journey. As he turned to begin his journey, he noticed something partially hidden in the snow next to his house: a small roll of parchment with a pretty ribbon around it. A little way down the road he was going to be walking down, he saw a small fox that appeared to be attempting to hide something shiny within the snow. Narrowing his eyes in confusion, he made a mental note attempting to remember that spot to look at after the fox left. Running a hand through his hair, he walked over and attempted to easily and gently lift the scroll from its position before he hurried on his way. Walking back down the road, he moved to where he thought he remembered the fox burying his small trinket, searching slowly for anything small and silver and shiny.

3M8Rsno.png

EDjtoWZ.png

His snow boots crushed the mush beneath him, creating pockets of holes along the path to the Cavuntisal Capital. Aiding him through the difficult walk was his staff, a long thinly carved rod from the local stone around his cabin, beveled towards the top that sat a pure white, perfectly sphere, marble stone the size of an average elf skull. It was all he could manage to muster up with the available resources around him and he was pretty proud of it. The staff was pretty heavy, however, even with the center of the rod being hollowed out. But, it worked for his increasing magical skills.

Enyel blinked, flutters of snowflakes landing on his eyelashes, as he pulled himself forward with the help of his staff. Every few distance, an invisible wave of magic pulsated from the staff and forward, warning Enyel of any obstacles or dangers ahead. While he was blind, he wasn't helpless at all. For about 220 years, he lived peaceful without much danger on Winturof, besides his own clumsy ways. The years were lonely though. Being a good ways from Cavuntisal, Enyel rarely came in contact with others besides the yearly messenger or a lost traveler or miner who accidentally got themselves lost thanks to the constant snowstorms. He wasn't much of a good host to them, but Enyel did enjoy their company.

Dead trees dotted the white landscape as a helpful breeze pushed Enyel in the correct direction to Cavuntisal. Another invisible wave of magic pulsated from his staff in front him, picking up an out of place object in the snowy scenery. Enyel's brows raised as he shuffled to the location, swaying his staff around until it knocked against. Digging his staff into the ground, Enyel reached down to attempt to grab the object.

Soon, the trail ran against a rocky mountainside with claws of icicles reaching across the path. Enyel dodged each icy claw the best he could with the wind helping forward, but occasionally would face plant into one. He paused, rubbing his face to numb out the slight pain, before continuing. Just beside him nestled on top of some rocks above him was a bluish gray piece of metal glistening against the snow. Unfortunately, Enyel was too distracted by the other rocks blocking his way and absentmindedly walked past the metal that seemed to be meant for him.

His ears perked at the hollow whistles from a nearby cavern beyond the trap of spiked rocks. Always the curious little snow elf, Enyel followed the noise to the cave, knocking his staff at the lip of the cave. Monsters weren't too common around these parts. Few could handle the constant freezing temperatures and snow. Only once in his life did Enyel run across a monster. And, only that one time in his life did he run from his life.

"So embarrassing..." Enyel sighed at the memory as he left the cave to continue his way to the Capital. "I can't do that again."

Owls sang their song along the path littered with dead, black trees, frozen still in their death. The wind and snow was picking up, forcing Enyel to slow his walk to a crawl. Raising his hood over his head to keep himself from being pelted by snow balls, his nose just barely touch something piercingly cold hanging from a branch.

"Ohh?" he took a step back, a gloved hand reaching out to grab the moon pendent dangling from the branch.

[/div

LuSgY90.png

Interactions: N/A
Activity: Gathering a Pinkish Blue Flower

"Samuel! Wake up, this is no place to sleep. Hurry and move or you'll be stuck in the wall!"

"Gosh, talk about manners."
His ears perked up as he slowly but surely moved off the wall.
"Can't people sleep?"
As soon as he walked a couple of steps he tripped, as he laughed to himself.
"Looks like I was in a sticky, bricky situation."
He walked off as people continued to chuckle at him,
"Time to make the journey!"
He scratched his head as he walked further ahead, he hummed a tune as he was practically skipping ahead of him,
there was a light breeze as he tried the best he could to get cleaner, he really stunk too. He didn't care very much
but the people around him probably would.
Something caught his eye though, his eyes sparkled as he saw a pinkish blue flower the size of his polar bear's ear.

He wanted it and he wanted it bad.

It reminded him of his sister, Gloria. He barely remembered her small frame, and her pink cheeks. For some reason her hair was always in a braid..
Her silver eyes, her dark brown hair. Their runs for gathering things in the valley. He'd been travelling for awhile but for some reason
he couldn't shake the image of his family. He couldn't remember the voices. Just the faces haunting him in his brain.

He jumped up and stood on a platform the mud and the sticky substance still on his back,
he made a notice that he should probably shower sometime. Maybe he should head to the Spring kingdom,
he didn't exactly remember the name but he also needed money. He should seriously get an occupation and settle down.
But first things first, he wanted to get the flower for his Polar bear also to remind him of Gloria, he reached to get it....

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Benita Seele
Winturof R&D Center of Vegetation

As i was about to enter the center i noticed something that wasn't a normal sight. There was an unnatural hum coming from the building. What have the guys done now!? I rush inside. Took me while to find the guys, there was quite many labs in this building. As i entered the lab, first thing my eyes set on was extractor.. and more accurately the blue glowing liquid that was dripping in to a vial from the bottom of the extractor. I got angry immediately, if it was physically possible, i think my anger alone would cause spontaneous combustion around me. I slam my hand on the closest table loud enough to startle guys, i gotta admit it hurt quite a bit.

[What are you doing!?] i signed. Those bastards had gone and bought something from Sumenoto, i'm sure about it. I walked briskly over to the extractor before pushing it along with the vial to the floor. The guys looked confused, angry and defeated. Before they could say anything i was already gone and on my way to the chief's office. I entered with a crash, the door slamming against wall leaving a small mark behind.
Chief: "Nita explain yourself" Chief said calmly before raising his gaze from the paperes he was reading.
[Why are we seeking help from Sumenoto? I'm so close to a breakthrough, but you cowards gave up! The extract wouldn't have worked anyways, the soil isn't fertile enough!] i signed angrily.

Chief: "Wait, wouldn't? Nita you didn't just? You destroyed the extract, didn't you?"
I nodded firmly, not feeling slightest bit of regret.
Chief: "Great you just threw out our whole research funds because of your stubborness, i'll give you a warning for now, next time you do something like this, i'll revoke you scientist status for two months, now leave my office and leave extract lab alone"

• Love

zewqPPo.png

The grin on Felix's face shone as he watched the island of Autunmei growing bigger, until a good yank on his tail shot him. He jumped from the edge of the boat and made a yip, whipping around with his hands on his rear to meet the large eyes of a young child. The faun's brown eyes were equally as wide as he rubbed the faint bother in his tail, but an eyebrow raised as he listened to what the kid had to say. His jaws opened to respond with a quirky, cockeyed slant but shut awkwardly when his companion swung around. Until he turned back to him after Felix got a quick glance of the cloaked figure he spoke to and an extraneous purple glow, and his grin returned. An eyebrow raised curiously as the child poked for his tail again, and Felix twisted himself to look at his fluffy stub. He tittered, looking back at Vincent and his wrinkled nose.
"Haha, I'm Felix! Assuming by that face, you like tails?" The faun chirped with laughter in his voice, holding out his hand for a hand shake. All the while, half of his attention was being lured into the purple gleam a tiny ways behind the kid. Something in his head gnawed angrily to rip apart the boards and find out what it was, but he did his best to suppress the thought for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: UnsafeSpaces

ea6SfeY.png

The walk down the steps of the council was similar to the sensation when one peeks into a hot oven. The waves of heat that baked the cobblestone enveloped Dixie as soon as he stepped out of the shade. Dread and regret were familiar feelings that trailed the werewolf as he pushed himself through the crowds with sheer determination alone. At this point, the Pub would be the coolest place he knew to go to.

Soother. Another Higgins soother, huh? At least the person he’d talked to didn’t look into his family’s history. When people sought out soothers, he doubted they really expected or wanted a potentially drooling dog-face to solve all their ailments. If anything, the Higgins bloodline should be full of hunters but somewhere down the line – a rebellious great grandfather, he’d been told – decided that the werewolves of Sumenoto Castle should stop eating hapless livestock and make something with their lives. Be proactive. Or something.

Well, no trouble ever came from the Higgins family anymore.

We’re soothers now. Big hairy soothers just—stuffin’ food into your gullet to make all good things happen, he thought as he passed a hand through his damp hair. Pulling his hand away from his head, Dixie grimaced at his palm and swore at the heat and the awful sweat that just had to seep out of him.

Gross,” he murmured as he passed an alleyway entrance. The cubby of darkness didn’t seem all too suspicious – certainly nothing that warranted him to stop and look at it – except for the slight buzzing. Higgins didn’t take notice of it consciously until he was starting to near his Pub. He stopped at the rival restaurant, Capitol Restaurant and Bar, leering at the new menu before rolling his eyes.

Just as he started to walk on, a sweet looking couple caught his attention. The man was stocky with firm arms, most likely a farmer; completely opposite to the frilly girl whose arm was linked with the man’s. Just as they were about to walk into the restaurant, Dixie caught the man’s shoulder;

Don’t try the specials—the stuff with enchantments? They don’t know what they’re doing, honestly,” he pressed his mouth into a line and shook his head. “Bloating. That’s what I heard around the block.

The girl hesitated at her man’s side, “Bloating? I’ve never heard of enchantments causing reactions like that.”

“Yeah, we’ve only heard good things about this place,” the man added a bit gruffly.

Typically, sure Magick is fine, but this is Sumenoto Magick we’re talkin’ about. These chumps don’t know how to cook a good flank steak let alone enchant anything.

Dixie finished with a shrug and added; “sir, whatever you put in your bodies is none of my business but— knowing the area, I can tell you without a doubt that there is safer food to be had. Like on the ground, for instance. Way better for you.”

The lady and her man seemed to hesitate but finally muttered a ‘thank you’ to dismiss him. Surely he’d installed some doubt in them even if they did end up eating at his rivals. The Seasol sucking, business stealing, customer thieving grubs.

Two steps away from the Capitol Restaurant and Bar and the subliminal discomfort had finally gotten to him. It wasn’t the buzzing that finally caught his attention, it was the prickly feeling of having eyes on his back. You’d think a werewolf would be alert to these kinds of things based on instinct alone but, no, it was Dixie’s experience with discomfort that set him on edge. A tightness in his chest and the hairs on the back of his neck were very much familiar feelings of that one time he’d pissed off an ex-girlfriend. It was years ago but, still, the feeling made his stomach feel knotted.

Maybe it was the heat. He stopped to look around him but nothing and no body stood out. Even the couple from earlier had seemed to move on. He was isolated and paranoid for nothing.

In the process of turning around again, a glint caught his eye. Caught on the brick wall of the building was something that caught the light of the sun. Curious, Higgins tried to kick the glimmering thing out from the wall but, when his foot couldn’t quite catch it, he heaved a sigh and bent down to try and pick it up. Whatever it was, he hoped it was worth creasing his vest.

• Love
Reactions: Binks

cbujrHk.png

Beneath the growing rays of the early morning sunshine was Searcy Behold’s skeletal figure, leaning against an outlandish tree growing to the side of the street in a sideways slouch position. With one hand in his pocket and the other grasping a small cup of coffee, the purple pupils inside his eye sockets browsed the passing faces. Although the skeleton was standing up already, his face was nothing like an awake being- he was heavy eyed and had that un-amused, languid look on him. You could imagine the delight he was walking into the cafe earlier and grabbing himself his beverage, didn’t speak to anyone. Poor kid serving up front had to guess by a single point to the menu. Anyways, as Searcy took a swig of caffeine, and a couple more, he began to collect consciousness, or life in his eyes. His features began moving, as if he didn’t have the head to do it before, and his brow followed his gaze in a rise and fall motion. When the buzz of the Sumenoto streets began growing to regular business, and a sip for some coffee made him realize he had finished it already, Searcy decided it was time to get out of his drabs and into something a little more high-toned. He heaved his weight off of the tree trunk and swiped off the chunks of bark and bugs that clung onto the threads of his green sweater, swinging around only to get decked by some dimwit’s big head that was conveniently running right for him at the time. The skeleton made a yelp as his spine was flung against the tree trunk to add a little more pain to deal with, and whoever he hit made a sound in the same matter but nailed their rear end into the stone ground. There was a moment where the two had time to plunder in one aching back, one sore ass, and two throbbing foreheads. The skeleton stepped away from the wretched tree with a hand grasping his forehead tightly, and suddenly made sense of the girl that had caused this mess.
“What the f-“
“Searcy! ...Behold, I, heheh...” The girl blurted before he could say anything more, raising herself from the ground with a hand on her fore-head as well. The skeleton stared in disbelief, his eyebrow raising intensely, and she couldn’t keep her eyes on his. She wasn’t the prettiest thing on the block, with her skin painted in a sickly pale green hue, hair falling over her shoulders like rope, and her large eyes sat on her two cheekbones that jut out of her face.
“Sorry! Sir, I didn’t think you’d... turn around at that very moment-“
“How in God’s name do you know me?” Searcy pried irately when she had spoken as Searcy began to say something. She laughed into her shoulder awkwardly, and the skeleton began to believe some prick sent this as a joke.
“Well, when somebody says “A skeleton with purple eyes and weird bone tattoos”, it’s hard to find somebody else who fits that description.” She said, and Searcy cocked his head back defiantly. He had a “whoever sent you here made a bad mistake” look on himself, until the pale green girl stuffed a piece of paper into his chest and scrambled off. Searcy juggled to get a grip when the flyer nearly slipped away, and stared down the street at the girl with an agape jaw and utterly wrecked paper. He drew his eyes downwards when he could no longer see her, and fitfully peeled open the crinkled sheet.

Dear Citizen,

Within the magical energies that our islands lay, is classifications for each person. By our records, you have not registered your class with your council. Please come to the Capital Castle to register your class and thus be an attributing member of our islands.

Thank you,
Island Council

Searcy’s face dropped into his palm, his head shaking.
“Goddamn Island Council sent a courier that couldn't even keep eye contact with a kid.” He mumbled through his hand, ginger laughter in his voice.

“Sir, stop right there! You little- Get back here and complete your work!” Came the voice of the man that had been “helping” Searcy register his class, with enough angry shrillness to split the air in the Capital Castle. The skeleton was trudging for the exit, but his head snapped into his shoulders irritably when this man didn’t let him go.
“Piss off already!” Searcy swung around to meet and equal his anger. “I already told you, I’m an Enchanter, and I don’t need to fill out your paperwork bullshit!” The skeleton snapped around immediately and continued in pursuit of the exit. He was reaching for the door until Searcy's eyes shot open when the collar of his white shirt was grasped and wrenched backwards, catching his air and making his foot swing out unsteadily. The skeleton braced himself while his collar was still clenched in the man’s grasp, his face painting fury. He made a silence swallow the whole room, and Searcy could feel the fingers beginning to loosen. The skeleton turned around slowly, watching as the worker boy’s eyes stretched wider then two moons. Their eyes bore into each other’s for a moment, until Searcy clutched his pretty bow tie and jerked him into his face.
“That’s right, you don’t touch my suit, milksop. Now be a good white collar and register my class. You should know nobody likes bad service.” Searcy hissed above the man’s face, shoving him back and letting his tie free from his hand. He couldn’t suppress the smirk that frosted his lips from the man’s piteous reaction, and Searcy swung himself around on one foot too glide out the doorway with satisfaction. Chuckling made his shoulders juggle as he walked down the steps, and a grin hoisted his cheeks. He puffed up his collar and swiped his vest proudly. I hope I get helped by him again next time I enter the Capital. Searcy thought, heading for God knows where next.

pYWjACo.png

• Love

AuBwRAI.png

My life starts with a drop of blood.
One of the scientists that had been trying to extract the secrets of Sumenoto's soil attempted to pick up the broken extractor from Benita's outburst, and had cut herself on the machine. A singular crimson droplet fell from her fingertip into what was left of the soil, a bubbling blue goop. The mix turns a dark shade of purple, bubbling violently and expanding, the bubbles crashing over each other like they were trying to get away from the center. The scientist screams and falls backwards. The bubbles eventually calm down enough to discern a human-ish form inside of them.
~Why are you afraid?~I ask her, my voice echoing in her mind. She just screams and flees. I shrug, crossing my solidifying arms over my chest as the rest of my body forms. There's a knock at the door, and one of the other scientists answers it without taking their eyes off of me. It's a courier, and they walk straight to me, ignoring the scientists, and hands me an envelope. "For a Mira Boggs." He says, looking at my bubbling form with a look that says im dead inside. ~Is that my name?~I ask him. He nods. "No mistake about it." He tips his hat and walks out. I Look down, my toes bubbling into existence. I wiggle them a bit and giggle to myself, a sound emanating from somewhere in my stomach and echoing out. I open the envelope and read the contents, and tilt my head. Choose my class? I start to wander about the lab, using the knowledge I gained from the now mentally scarred scientist to guide me to where she had presumed Benita would go. I find him leaving an office and tap a finger on his shoulder, having to stand on my toes to do so.

Benita Seele
Winturof R&D Center of Vegetation

I stepped out of the chief's office feeling betrayed. I never knew that our once proud group of scientists had given up. Only reason why we didn't have much of a reputation anywhere else in the world or the kingdom is that we still hadn't managed to actually get anything to grow, or well, we have but that's been a small scale test where we managed to simulate Sumenoto's environment and get the plant grow for that reason. But it had nothing to do with what we're really aiming for here. I slowly walked down the stairs as i heard sound of running coming from the extraction lab. Then i heard the scream coming from the same lab.

I don't know what was going on, but i'm sure it was nothing good, why are they screaming and running? Soon i saw them run across the lobby to the other side of the center, guys looked like they had seen a ghost or something. Now i'm curious, what did they do or see to get that scared? Probably they just managed to create some kind of small scale hazard playing with that Sumenoto stuff... I walk down rest of the stairs and follow after the guys, there was a wide grin on my face as i walked through the hall that the two scientists had gone through just a minute ago.

I find the fellow scientist from the pause room, both trying to drink some cold tea, while shaking a lot. [What? Did you see a ghost or something? I knew that the Sumenoto stuff could bring us nothing but trouble. What kind of hazard did you manage to create this time?] I signed and the girl gazed at me as i signed. She wasn't happy about my attitude at all. Also me blowing up our funds might be part of the reason as well... I really want to know whose idea it was to get that stuff from Sumenoto, since now we have no funds to support my research... Especially since i'm sure that i'm close to breakthrough, i can feel it. [You guys owe me] i signed and now both of them were gazing at me murderously. "Owe you what?" the girl asked. [Money, you guys blew the funds with your stupid extract idea, i'm so close to breakthrough and now i have no funds to finish my research] i signed. "We owe you nothing! Actually you owe us! That extract was super expensive and now it's all gone" the girl answered furiously. I let out a long sigh, [Yeah, i was wrong... you owe US money! I don't care if chief accepted your idea of buying that stuff from Sumenoto, we never had a chance to give our opinion about it! What happened to the "we are a team" attitude? What happened to our proud scientists!? Seeking help from Sumenoto... you're the worst of the worst! I wouldn't even call you a scientist anymore...] I signed, my hands waving around sharply and faster than before, i was furious. No one ever asked others what we thought about that idea, and now our funding is gone...

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.