(IC) Fate's Rhythm (The actual one)

• Thread starter Many Faces Many Names
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@~Happily.Ever.After~
He laughed and shook his head. "Actually, yes but I am also a principal dancer. I'm a third year student but I teach some extra classes for ballet and a few others after school hours. All students are welcome, so if you would like to I invite you to join us!" The young student was quite confident and Jae was surprised at how open she was with him, new students were often very nervous but she was very poised. It was good to see, gave him hope for the next generation of dancers.

@HollowEastWord
Leilah was definitely agreeing with younger student and quickly pulled a turquoise sweater over her torso and a pair of three quarter jeans, slipping her slightly bruised feet into a comfortable pair of ballet flats and turning back to Shai. "Yep, let's head off! If you want, I can introduce you to some of the nicer ones amongst our profession." She swiftly pulled her hair into a messy bun and grabbed her bag, nearing the door with a joyful skip in her steps. She couldn't wait to see her friends again, it truly had been too long.

@Many Faces Many Names

Shai Yasashi - ballet|| ballroom- Shapeshifter

A smile spread across her face at the thought of meeting some of Leilah's friends "That would be great" she said in a chirpy voice as she made her hair into her usual high pony tail. "Well shall we" she asked exiting the studio out into the hall way"I would like to meet some the instructors too, I have only seen one but I didn't speak to any of them" she said smiling at Leilah, Shai really liked Leilah and thought of her as a potential friend here. She smiled all the way as the two walked to where all the commotion was coming from.

tumblr_n9np1nL9bb1tw3lmao1_400.gif

{Kai|16|First Year|Human|Ballet|Lyrical|Bon Odori|Nihon Buyo|Ballroom|Friends-Open|Crush-Open}

Kairi gave a light nod in response "I'd like that" she said simply before wondering if he might end up as her ballet teacher. "Do you know when we are going to get our schedules?" she asked after a moment, hoping Jae might have some answer. It seemed the ceremony was just a welcoming thing... and it seemed like people were stopping their talking...though she could be wrong.

{Tagged-Jae}

tumblr_n9rhaq1KVg1tw3lmao1_400.gif

{Tom|Tommy|21|Third Year|Human|Jazz|Ballet|Tap|Ballroom|Friends-Open|Crush-Open}

Thomas wandered around the halls after a bit. He had stayed for the initial 'welcome back' speech thing, but basically, it was the same speech every year. Seeing that this was the male's third year here he was pretty confident that he wouldn't miss anything. As he wondered around, Tom wondered if his little sister, Oleysia, had received her acceptance or rejection letter yet. Of course the sandy haired male hoped the sixteen year old was accepted, he did miss his family and those two were especially close, but Ollie was still young, their parents hadn't even wanted her to apply until she turned eighteen. He decided he would send them a call later... when it wasn't the middle of the night in Sweden perhaps.

{Tagged-No One}

Micah chuckled. "It's nice to meet you, Amber." He laced his hands together behind his head, rocking on his feet. "This is my second year here, though it feels just like my first. Just with cuter people." He gave her a wink before stretching a little bit. "My favorite style of dance... Ooh, that is a good question... I'd have to say Jazz, though Contemporary is a close second. However, my favorite part of any dance is if I get to lift someone. It's always fun having someone trust you enough to lift them in the air like that." He released his hands and let them swing at his side. "How about you? Do you have a favorite?"

Amber chuckled a bit and smiled as he winked at her. The blush rose to her cheeks and she glanced away quickly. "Ohh! Good ones! Contemporary is one of my favorites. I'd have to say either contemporary or ballet, more specifically pointe. I just love being a ballerina, letting the music flow as I dance. It's all about grace and I love that." Her eyes lit up when he said his favorite part was lifting someone. "Mine too! Though I'm usually the one getting lifted!" She said with a smile. "I love getting lifted up and performing with a partner, I think it's super fun!" She said, an excited tone to her voice. "So your second year huh? What's it like here?" She asked as she took another look around the room. The school was huge and very impressive. She couldn't wait to dance in one of the classes.

Devon was nervous about meeting the other dances. She rebraided her light blue hair and thought about how she should introduce herself. Though naturally charismatic, it sometimes took her some time to figure out what to say. As she wandered, looking around she bumped into Thomas. "Oh! Sorry! Didn't see you coming!"

(@~Happily.Ever.After~ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Each had a different mode of arriving, but all were there, right on time. Ian walked, prefering to stop every so often and foil the plot of street performers and illusionists by exposing the secret, laughing a bit before giving them a twenty dollar bill and walking off. He was more than happy to share his money as he knew how it felt to be poor. Hell, all three of them did, though Cecil took his prefered mode of getting anywhere. He looked as wild and free as can be as he used parquor to jump and climb from buildings to fire escapes to another building yet again as he moved about, flashing past the slower paced Ian, even though the wild spirited man left later than both he and Michel. The ginger haired dancer, probably the most sensable of them, took a subway up to the nearest exit to the school, he not yet having moved into his appartment that was closer by the school. He didnt mind the ride, though, as it gave him a chance to see the way the city worked and what sort of improv and street dancing he could pull off here by mixing in this big city culture. A sly smile spread across his lips before he pulled a small map from his shoulder-bag, looking it over for a moment before the subway stopped and he shuffled out with everyone else, following the natural flow of people to the large, prestigeous dance academy.

Now standing in front of the entryway as others crammed themselves in, the three men, each only a year appart from the next, silently took in the sight of the towering building, one larger than even some of the coastline castles they had seen back in Ireland a brief comment back and forth about it ensued before there was little more to be done than to see if they could make their way in. Both Ian and Michel were supprised that Cecil was able to be tamed enough to actually stand still on the ground for more than five seconds in his new environment, a concrete, iron, and glass jungle in its basic essence. They eventually made their way into the halls of the grand school, but found that as the main room that was just ahead was far too crowded for any of their likings, they set it to theirselves to explore their new learning environment. It would take the trio quite a while to get used to the rather congested feeling of a big city. Even when Michel moved into the states nine years ago, he stayed in a reletivly small city. Nothing to the scale of this. In the small group's wanderings, they found themselves upon the sixth floor of the grand building, surrounded by group, and personal dance studios.

Entering the smallest of them all, the one at the end of the hall, the group found themselves in awe at the easle that they were left alone to paint with their creative inspirations of their minds and hearts. None of them knew of their friend's secret liniage, and honestly, they didnt want to know of eachother's pasts. They had all made a pact as children to never speak of it, though Cecil was the most obvious of the three. He was always called the 'monkey' or the 'wild man' among them, and never grew out of it. They didnt know the specifics of his history, but they didnt ask and he didnt tell. The other two, however were far less pronounced, and they never showed the rest of their group their alternate forms, and werent planning on it. In any case, none of them thought of the matter, nor brought it up, and though the urge to begin plotting out another performance that Cecil had in mind was strong, Ian reigned the group in. He had no music prepaired, and even more important, as Michel brings to the group, they were meant to be downstairs. Reluctantly, they all began to decend down to the more appropirate level once more, though allong the way, Ian and Cecil left off to explore some classrooms, leaving Michel to return to the main gathering.

A few seemingly shy looking people were in the hall, though Michel pressed on to see what the epicenter of the crowding held. Very few people noticed him come in, something that the first year student appreciated, but now, as he looked about, he wasnt so sure who he should talk to. His eyes caught to a couple of people, but there wasnt anyone he was really drawn to talk to that wasnt already occupied. With a bit of a sigh, he leaned up against the wall, pulling his grey hoodie up around his shoulders a bit more. His hood was off and it was unzipped, showing a darker grey, nearly black shirt underneath, complimenting his dark, but torn jeans. Most would think the attire a bit too casual for such an acclaimed event, but considering his old background, Michel could easily call this dressing up.

@Shadicmaster

"Well, schedules should be coming out pretty soon indeed." Jae glanced around the room as he spoke, checking to see if any new students had arrived and eager to complete his job. A trio of three men, all inherently gorgeous and wild looking, had descended into the packed hall. They were glancing around and with a polite goodbye to his fellow Asian dancer, he headed over with a bright smile and jump in his step.
"Hi, I'm Jae. I'm a principal dancer in the company and the head of student services! Nice to meet you all!" And gods, they were gorgeous...That thought was cut off suddenly as bright red hair invaded his view. "Leilah?!"

Leilah:
The hallway was packed but almost immediately, she spotted the spiky hair and cheerful voice of her favourite dancer and long-time friend. With a gleeful smile, she ran and practically jumped onto Jae's back, her hair invading his view and she laughed out loud, before abashedly realising there were others nearby that Jae had been talking to.
"Uh, sorry. I'm Leilah Sullivan, a senior dancer here and just about to become a principal! Nice to meet you!" They looked interesting and strangely wild in some cases, though she was overjoyed to meet a fellow ginger. Maybe he was even Irish? She dearly hoped he was at least bisexual or straight, because that much sexual aura would be such a waste....

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

Alright, everyone!
I'm currently back in business for now and should definitely get this back on track! I would like to get everyone to post as soon as possible so we can get this show on the road!
If everyone could post by Monday, that will awesome! If you haven't not posted in the next week or so, you will receive a warning to post a reply. If you have not replied after 3 days, I will be removing your character and depending on your reasons, you may be able to get your character back.
Please, get posting!

NOTICE OVER!

@Many Faces Many Names
Ian and Cecil were soon back at Michel's side, conversing idly with eachother as they made observations about the dancers around them, not straying very far from their post. Cecil was beginning to get a little anxious being around so many people and yet being so still, though Michel understood and was softly calming him. It was only Ian who actually noticed the approach of another dancer, a male, just a touch shorter than himself, of obvious Asian decent, and seemingly fairly experienced in his trade. The man's introduction proved such as a fact. The blonde haired student sighed slightly as he was about to introduce himself but was interupted by a ginger haired girl being a bit on the rambunctious side, but pushed it off to speak, trying to ignore his willingness to flirt or use any sort of illusurary device.
"My name is Ian, and this is Michel and Cecil. It is a pleasure to meet the both of you." He said with a faint how and a glint in his eye as he maintained a bit more eye contact than normal with the fair, red headed maiden.

Michel looked up only when he sensed a shift in the air about the group, looking up to see a quite handsome and well kept man giving forth introduction, focusing more on the man's build, trying to figure what sort of dancer he was. He quickly shook his head and looked away as not to be seen as too awkward for looking, not even thinking that there could be other ways that his action could have been interpreted. He gave a smile when introduced by his fellow and gave a faint bow before looking to Cecil, who had by this time calmed enough to recognize all that was going on. Adjusting his loose dress shirt's collar, he shamelessly looked over his soon to be classmates, choreographing complexities in his mind until he found ones that fit the persona of what he so far had seen, and the build he saw. Of course, he wasnt so sure as to how accurate it was, but at least he had an idea of who these people were.

"As was said, it is a true pleasure to meet such experienced dancers, and even more so of a pleasure to be invited here." Began Michel, only to be followed by Cecil. "And as such, we hope to bring a little unique dash of color to this beautiful masterpiece. We are actually part of our own dance group, so we have quite a bit of experience. We're all vernacular dancers and freestylists, but I specialize in coreography, whereas Ian is a musician by trade."

"Hey! Am I too ordinary to be spoken of! I'm the creative drive in the group, but apparently an imagination isn't something that's valued anymore, eh?" Michel chimed in with a bit of a laugh and smile.

Shai saw Leilah walk to some other dancer she didn't know, deciding not to bother the other Leilah and the other dancers she went to go get a drink, she never did well in crowds and mostly wanted to keep her distance, she preferred the company of a few close friends rather than a big group, but if she was going to dance here she was going to have to get used to large classes not small ones with only four or five dancers.

Slowly drinking her drink she looked over all the people in the room, they were all very different, Shai could easily tell by body built what sort of dance they did. Just as she was looking at the last few, she realized that she was the only one not really enjoying herself, everyone was engaged in friendly conversation except for her. She would love to go meet the new dancers but she had no idea how to approach them. Usually she would go out and speak to whom ever she saw and make lots of friends but tonight she felt just awkward.

Micah smiled Amber. "Great, maybe we could dance together someday!" He glanced around before leaning in to whisper to Amber. "Honestly, some of the teachers are super intense. Don't tell anyone I said that though!" He acted like it was some big secret as he had the largest smile on his face. "But, seriously, the classes can be super hard sometimes. However, It's also a whole ton of fun. You meet a lot of people and possibly a few pretty faces." He nudged her a little bit, his eyes twinkling with mirth. He was having a lot of fun on the first night. This was going to be a great year.

After watching a few dancers, Clara snuck back downstairs and into the crowd. She avoided bumping into anyone, almost hugging herself in nervousness. Everyone seemed to be having fun, what with making friends and flirting with others. She felt extremely awkward as she tried to find her place in the large crowd of dancers, however she found one girl who seemed just as awkward as her. Slowly she inched toward the girl who was sipping her drink and watching the other people around her. Maybe they could be awkward together instead of having to suffer alone.

"Maybe I should just do what I usually do, go and talk to whom ever I want" shai said but cut herself off "But I don't want to be a bother" she let her back touch the wall as she went on drinking her drink. Turning her head when a sudden movement caught her eyes, she saw a girl walking her way, Shai gave her a small, welcoming smile "Hiya" she smiled a bit wider.

Amber couldn't help but laugh out loud when Micah told her the teachers were intense. She could only imagine they were intense if they were the top dance teachers in the country! She caught a glimpse of his eyes as they twinkled with excitement. She felt her heart beat race as her mind raced to put together a response to the boys shameless flirting. "I'd love to dance with you.. If you can keep up that is" She said with a flirty wink. Her smile never faded while the two chatted. She was really looking forward to getting to know Micah better. If everyone was this friendly, Amber was in for a great year here at the school!

tumblr_n9np1nL9bb1tw3lmao1_400.gif

{Kai|16|First Year|Human|Ballet|Lyrical|Bon Odori|Nihon Buyo|Ballroom|Friends-Open|Crush-Open}

Giving a soft nod, Kairi slipped the translator she was still holding back into her bag as she turned and waited for the rest of the ceremony to wrap up. While waiting, the younger asian girl surveyed the room, no doubt she was one of the youngest students here, she always was and probably always would be. As she waited, boredom ultimately set in and Kai did some half-type releve where she went from standing flat on her feet to the balls of her feet and back down.

{Tagged-No One}

tumblr_n9rhaq1KVg1tw3lmao1_400.gif

{Tom|Tommy|21|Third Year|Human|Jazz|Ballet|Tap|Ballroom|Friends-Open|Crush-Open}

"Oh, it's fine" Thomas said lightly, rubbing the back of his head with his hand for a moment "I wasn't paying attention either. Are you alright?" the sandy haired male asked the girl in front of him. "Are you new here?" he asked lightly, not recognizing the girl from previous years.

{Tagged-Devon}

Clara was surprised at the other girl saying hi, but waved back and simply said, "Hi." She walked the rest of the distance to the girl and glanced between her and the ground. "Um, I'm Clara. Clara Wright. I'm sort of new, if you couldn't tell." She chuckled nervously as she rocked on her feet. "So, what's your name?" She asked, curious. It would be good to at least have one friend here. It would definitely help somewhat.

Micah laughed at the girl's challenge. "I believe you have it the other way around. I'm known to be a bit of a beast on the dance floor." He puffed his chest out a bit at this, his smile nearly splitting his face. "I could show you, if you'd like? I'm warning you though, this may just blow your mind to the point of chronic awe and possible slobbering." He joked. This was definitely way better than last year when he was too shy to even talk to any of the people in the place. This was going to be a great year.

Ambers eyes twinkled when he accepted her challenge. "Oh you're on! I'm gonna mop the floor with you!" She said between chuckles. "So I take it you know where the dance rooms are?" she asked curiously, thanking god she had worn her leotard under her t-shirt and jeans. "I'd love to get used to the school.. It's so big I don't even know where I'd even begin trying to look for classes." She said as she took another long look around the entrance to the school.

Shai smiled at the girl she now knew as Clara "my names Shai..Shai Yasashi" she said to girl, it felt good to finally talk to someone who was a potential friend "I'm new here to, but most definitely not new to dancing, I've been dancing ever since I four" she spoke feeling better now, Clara seemed like a great girl and Shai hoped for them to be friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.