(IC) Exiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without voicing anything, he mentally scoffed as the fairy spoke. Someone using plants, plants had water. He'd welcome a challenge from her, but not today. As for the other, he took note to watch her, he also didn't know what kind of power she had. The other man, who went unmentioned, James had assumed to be either too weak to fight or care about, or just lacked in magic abilities. Either way, he had no worry about being assaulted by him. Thankfully his words were heeded as the newcomer went off the offensive. James relaxed his pose, but kept his cutlass drawn just to be on the safe side. Soon after, she called for her companion and explained their situation.

James felt the need to add one more bit regarding the attack on him. "I can hardly blame ye, You done what's right by you." As far as the Pyromancer mentioned by her, James readied himself to fight once again, but much more relaxed this time. "The quarrel is not mine, but if I need to defend myself, I am well abled, though not well bodied." A slightly sick joke at his fleshless appearance. Still having enough of his former humanity, the idea of feasting on another human was sickening as well, but of course, the place was filled with such acts. Of course, James should have expected more cut throats, much like the fire wielder that was mentioned.

Not being able to hold herself she let out a single chuckle at the pirate’s dark joke, and though it seemed he meant it in the sense of humor, technically he weren’t wrong either.
The wind-woman seemed to have calmed down as the facts of the situation changed, the pirate in his wisdom acted as he initially stated and now the canine was called over, apparently she had foxen blood in her; though Tabitha was not exactly on the spot she still felt she was right given her current status.
Being able to relax a little, it seemed like this woman as well as possibly the nature mage weren’t planning to attack them, at least not at this time. Though if there were a fire-mage with energy on her way that could spell trouble, the pirate did have water magic in his arsenal which often worked very well with fire, but she knew from experience and a long life that fire mages were never to be underestimated, not even when you are certain you have the upper hand.
If only she had more ener* ... That’s it..
If she attuned herself to the necromantic-water energy James had and then told him to channel some energy just out of his body she could absorb it. He was up and going enough that it should not cost him much. And although her energy-pool was massive she didn’t need the whole thing filled, just enough to join a fight.
“James, I can absorb energy, I have read yours well enough to feed on it if you are willing, give me one minute and just channel energy into the air around me.” She really hoped that he was skilled enough to skip some of the spell-creation steps and only channel raw energy into the air around her, as she stated.

She used about a minute, more than she’d like to attune to how she had read James’ aura, should let her take in the mana much more efficiently had she not re-attuned herself. She placed a huge trust in her newfound ally, if he chose not to do this now and a fight started she might find herself even more drained as she was now not able to take in the island’s ambient energy that well.

"Would you leave me alone?!" Yanet shrieked as BoneWings flew right back up to her. Between potentially going up in flames and this flying creep threatening her to join or die, the poor Vulpinkith wanted nothing to do with either of them. Or any of this island business, for that matter. Being sent to this island was all a big mistake as far as she was concerned.

For reasons that failed to come to mind in her panicked state, Miss WingEar had actually stopped attacking the undead she spotted up ahead. All she could really see was the skeletal figure motioning as though attempting to hold a conversation with her. There was something very small with them, too. Some sort of sprite. But at this distance, it was difficult to tell what it was, exactly. Regardless, this was no time for pleasant conversation!

Yanet finally came to a stop once she skidded to a halt beside WingEar. Her heart was pounding, but she was not out of breath. The fur on her tail was standing on end and an ear was constantly fixated on BoneWing. "Keep on your toes," she warned, turning to face the path they had come down. The foxgirl glanced about at the local flora, but having a reliable plant to call upon seemed a little out of the question. The ones that looked strong enough to answer her beck and call were actually sickly at the core. Perhaps as a side-effect of being on this terrible isle. The only healthy ones wouldn't be able to so much as restrain anything, even if braided together.

"Well that's just rude," Vex said, slowing and hovering for a moment as he watched the fox-girl run off. "I wonder if it's the wings..."

His eyes followed her along the path up to a knot of others that he hadn't even noticed before; the curse of such legendary focus. There were four things there beside fox-girl: some little tiny thing that seemed to be flitting about them, a winged girl that Foxy seemed to know, some poor sod exhausted against the wall and... an undead. One that... seemed to be sentient.

"Well he's bound to be interesting. I wonder if he necromanced himself."

He swooped down towards the group, stopping some feet away and above them and hovering easily.

"Hey you, yes you, the bony one with theeeeeeee cutlass! That's it. You look half-assed. Why'd you stop necromancing yourself?" he asked, his head tilting curiously as he looked at James.

The corsair didn't really have all that much to him, at least comparably. And the clothes looked a bit off, but hey, look at this place. You wore what you could find, even if what you could find was a skanky loincloth.

Harmless, Red
Irylena Firewrath

As slowly as Iry tried to be, she couldn't resist the urge to pick up the pace. She could already sense the several individuals ahead. Two she had to assume were the same two she attempted to knock off, but the other two were unknowns. Would they prove a challenge? Or will they turn and flee? It was a pity she had been instructed not to attack. As she came closer, she began hoping with all her might they would attack her first.

Still holding the ball of fire in her hand, she came in view of the others. There, she was mild surprised. A zombie, one of the living dead; this one was unlike the other she had seen entangled by the fox-lady and that other one tossed in her direction. Then, there was a smaller creature... A fairy? Whatever; she vaguely recalled seeing the species somewhere in her books but she never paid any attention. Then there was that other lady who used the wind. At this distance, she noticed the lady's winged ears and couldn't resist a chuckle.

Close by was the other two - the fox lady and the crazy man. It was then she realised she hadn't even asked his name. Not that it was of any import, or of any interest to her now that she stood before this crowd. Each one stood at the ready, already prepared for trouble as they faced her direction. She considered her options briefly, stifling the urge to outright attack the group. Grudgingly, she dispelled the ball of flames folding her arms as she glanced over to the man.

[Kyrie Bishaemon]

Collision point

The somewhat awkward joke managed to pull a slight chuckle from Kyrie. He seemed to be a long time resident of the island, given that even after the unprovoked attack, the zombie seemed quite composed. At least composed enough toi not attack in retaliation and make a somewhat humourous joke. Kyrie was also glad that the zombie and this new fairy companion of his was willing to stand ground. Even if he wont attack the fire mage, the extra presence might deter her. The Foxgirl came running up, much to Kyrie's relief. At the very least, the Foxgirl didnt get chewed on and turn into one of the undeads. However, she was just as distressed as before, which meant that the situation hasnt improved by that much.

Keep on your toes

Kyrie did just that, raising both her fists at ready and began gathering power. It wasn't much, but it was the best she could do, especially right after the exhausting swim to the shore and their flee from their attackers. It was only seconds after that Kyrie noticed the being that caused the Foxgirl additional distress. It was some flying being that swooped in shortly after the Foxgirl.

"Hey you, yes you, the bony one with theeeeeeee cutlass! That's it. You look half-assed. Why'd you stop necromancing yourself?"

The zombie obviously was interested in the zombie, so Kyrie might not have to deal with him when push came to shove. That was good. It meant one less enemy they had to fight off. Of course, shortly after, what appears to be the fire mage came up the path. The fireball that was in her hand was hard to miss. All the muscles tensed up in the Luftenwaffen's body, readying for the explosive launch at the mage. With her speed, closing that distance whilst making it hard for the fire mage to land a hit, would be easy. A second before her legs sprung, the fireball in the mage's and dispelled. Now, there was this odd tension. There was no active aggression, but the tension in the air was thick. Everyone was looking at everyone, cautious of even the smallest movement.

This proved to be quite the party, which was fully unexpected. The amount of people seemed normal to James, but the events were rather unusual. Seeing the previously mentioned pyromancer, James prepared himself just to see the fireball slowly vanish. It was a wise move to prevent herself from becoming overwhelmed, which was a relief for James. Taking this moment, James chose to trust his new fairy acquaintance as he focused his magic energies around himself. She did ask for the energy to be focused around her, but James figured she was close enough. Should anything happen, he could use the energy better while it was around him. Energy drain was no large concern provided long as she didn't suck him dry.

While a good feeling, the relief was short lived, his patience was really being tested. He couldn't act completely nice to all of these people for much longer and one of them had just accused him of bringing himself back to life. The very idea was sick as far as James was concerned. Had he thought he'd live after death, he may not have chosen the life of a pirate. Perhaps a humble privateer, instead, not that the difference was much.

Visibly grinding his teeth, James suppressed his backlash, there was no need to start an unwanted conflict, as he stated just prior, the quarrel was not his. It didn't make much sense to make it his quarrel either. Perhaps it would be best to place his cutlass back in his scabbard. Doing so, James looked at the person addressing him and stated, "I'd sooner accept hell as my final fate than bring it upon myself." James took a moment to investigate everyone around him. It was amazing how only one of them had chosen to attack him. Then again, for all he knew, they all could have been planning on taking him out sooner or later. Such was the nature of most people here. He had a weapon, they did not, they could very well kill him now and take his effects and, for all they knew, the money he had on him. Truth be told, he didn't have much at all, but they didn't know that. Letting his guard down was a bad idea.

Letting the ice sealing his feet to the ground thaw, James spoke once again. "If ye be wanting information, I've got very little for ye, lad." The little information he did have consisting mostly of where the source of the curse was not located, but that was about as helpful as a fork when you have soup.

Last edited:
OOC: Sorry guys... really overdid the delay on this one.
Also just to get a mediocre post...
--------------------

Her request were partly granted, though it was enough for her.
Having already attuned her field to how she had read her undead friend she began it take in the energy, though not around itself it was as simple as moving a minor distance to enter the flow of energy that James were projecting around himself.
Feeling her own pool increasing at a steady rate she had to limit herself not to just overdo it all and take perhaps more than she should, she had no knowledge of how much energy he had to work with but she was quite certain her own pool was vastly larger.
He would have to stop or limit the flow as he felt was needed for his own doing, she kept feeding on what she could, slowly but surely regaining the power to fight.
Doing this she had to focus a little more than she’d like to admit, it might have been a side effect of being so low in the first place or she might just not be attuned right, only partly realizing what was going around her James were talking to the others seeming to wanting less of a fight than others. But the good thing was that the fire-mage seemed less keen on starting the fight, which was a good thing.
For now she just waited and took her time to regain her strength, taking a passive role for now, sort of hoping James would realize that he should at some point cut the flow.

(( Since Shace dropped out, this is the result. ))

Even if BoneWings was trying to make pleasant conversation with the cutlass-wielding skeleton and was seeking information, that threat from earlier still buzzed in the foxgirl's mind. She couldn't help but wonder how long it would take before both he and Miss Fireball over there would stab them in the back. At least the skeleton seemed friendly enough and that pixie was bright enough to stay cautious as well. Keeping an ear on the two, Yanet looked over at WingEar, hoping she would have an idea of what to do-

"OY! Pay attention to yer feet!" hollered a deep voice from atop the wall, making the foxgirl's ear twitch. ...but their feet? What was the voice going on about?

The collapsed man gave a low groan as he was starting to move. As he looked up at the group, his eyes had rolled back and his jaw was slacked. Though slow at first, he clawed at the ground as he dragged himself along with erratic movements. Just as he reached out to grab WingEar's leg, a thick, wooden spear came hurtling down and sunk right through his chest, between the ribs. Yanet gasped in shock as she scrambled away from the wiggling shaft of the weapon that had pinned the still-writhing man in place. How he was still alive with a spear undoubtedly tearing up his lung was beyond her.

Again, the voice hollered. "Y'all just got off da boat, didn't yeh?" The foxgirl's ear twitched as she looked up at the wall. Peering down at them with black, hardened eyes was a tall human with a thin frame and face. His brown hair was nearly as thick and scraggly as his beard. From what she could see from here, he had an old wolf pelt draped over his tattered leather cuirass. The torchlight made it difficult to tell how much time he spent out in the sun. "Yeh can't just stand 'round a corpse in these parts! James, I thought yeh would've told 'em that! Who do ya got wit' ya, anyway?"

Apparently, the skeletal corsair really was friendly. The man was calling down to him as though he was just a drunk friend who had forgotten where his house was. Yet on top of this, the fact that the still-struggling man on the ground was being referred to as a corpse was even more alarming. But now the man was calling for names.

With a twitch of the tail and keeping one ear locked on the guard, the Vulpinkith looked over at WingEar for guidance. "Think we can trust him?" she asked with a whisper.

"Uhhhhh... I didn't," Vex said, pointing to himself with his normal hand. "I flew here. Cause you know, magic, necromancy, curses. All in a days work for me."

"And that," he continued, pointing at the shambling corpse at their feet, "is a zombie and one I'm not particularly interested in."

With that he drew his blade, his cloak following his skeletal arm as it reached back, the bone white tips barely flashing as he drew the massive blade with a single claw. With just as much deliberation, he stabbed the bastard sword into the pinned zombie's head and held it there. It was an impressive sight to behold - an already taller than average man with a blade just as large wielded in a single hand.

"Clearly, not everyone stays as sane as you, Cutlass. Care to tell me what makes you so special? Cause it's obvious you know a fair bit about this place."

[Kyrie Bishaemon]

Defusal

"OY! Pay attention to yer feet!"

Kyrie's body tensed up at the shout. It was sudden, but that wasnt the main issue. It was the fact that it was a warning than anything. Her eyes shot straight to the ground and the only thing that could have beena threat was the man that she "saved" from the well dressed undead.... except it wasnt a man anymore. Instead, it gave the gutteral moan typical of the undead and moved in an equally similar fashion, unnatural and jerky. Just as it went for her leg, a soldi wooden spear flew in from above and slammed itself right between the undead's chest. As grateful as she is for the help with dealing witht he zombie, for all she knew, the next spear could be heading straight for her. Rather than stand still, Kyrie side stepped and pivoted so that she her back wasnt exposed to any current and future threat. Things were becoming more complex by the minute.

"Y'all just got off da boat, didn't yeh?"

The voice beloged to a rather raggedy looking man with an equally raggedy apparel to match. Consisting of mostly animal pelt and a tattered leather cuirass, Kyrie was a bit curious about this "barbarian".

"Yeh can't just stand 'round a corpse in these parts! James, I thought yeh would've told 'em that! Who do ya got wit' ya, anyway?"

The man was obviously a veteran of this island. He obviously managed to obtain that pelt from somewhere as he isnt wearing prison issue garb like herself. That meant he either killed a wolf or killed someone with it. Secondly, his ragged appearance suggested a lengthy period without luxury provided in town, so a surivor for a period of time. Thirdly, his assistance meant that he is friendly... for now. That spear was thrown with accuracy and could have easily hit Kyrie, yet he didnt. Lastly, he knew the well dressed skeleton man, who ahs helped them as well. With all that, it was probably safe to assume they werent going to be an immediate threat.

"Think we can trust him?"

It was a very good question. If she was to give the foxgirl advice truthfully, Kyrie would tell ehr to trust no one, not even herself. But that sort of answer would build distrust between them. Something that she could not afford. Still, it didnt hurt for the foxgirl to be wary at the very least. Kyrie quickly whispered back to her companion whislt still keeping an eye on everyone, especially the pyromancer. This James was preoccupied with the flying being so they were of less importance in terms of threat.

For now, i say we can trust him. That spear flew true with strength. If he had ill will towards us, that spear would be sticking out of either of our chest or that undead would be all over me. So... we trust him, but keep your wits about and dont become too relaxed.

As the man within the wall criticized James, he nodded as the words were very much warranted. "If they can't stop but one, they are not worth my time." Shifting his attention as he was now being spoken to once more by the latest newcomer, James looked him in the eye and continued, "I know nothing of the magic here, I am but a humble pirate cap-," he paused. For ears he'd been going by Captain James, but he was certainly no captain now. "...Pirate exile. I'd have ended this curse long ago had I known anything about it."

Turning his attention again towards the woman who seemed to have magic of her own, James continued with some exposition, "You can trust him as much as ye can trust me to keep peace with you lest ye refuse to leave me be." Rude, maybe, but honest most certainly. He hadn't hesitated to kill those that attacked him in the past despite them simply being ignorant. Without turning his attention from anyone so he could watch them, "Shall we head inside now? We can discuss who we are inside, he's right about the dangers out here. Cut throats may inhabit this island, but at least they won't try eating you." James gestured for them to go first, he would follow behind the last so he could keep his good eye on them. He trusted the fairy enough at this point to leave her be.

Status
Not open for further replies.