(IC) Exiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sense this sentient pile of rotten flesh was speaking made all kinds of sense. If he indeed wanted to find the source of the necromantic powers, and he's not skilled or not able to sense this himself, it was a logical way out to find help in his quest.
Though, he did have a strange way of doing so, considering that he is a zombie of sorts on a possible zombie ridden island Tabitha realized another question that might have to be answered.

"Have you tried finding help off the island? It's not like the trip can make you more dead". Depending on how he was put together, he should not have any problems getting off the island. Being sleepless as well as having some water power should make him the perfect sailor, especially with his background.
She was a rather perfect candidate to help him with this, simply her biology alone would aid him, adding her knowledge and training only makes the deal sweeter; though she preferred to not give him too much just yet. After all what is to stop him from just biting off her head.

"I might be able to help you-" she had to at least make some form of barter of services. "-I have some skill within magic and it's arts." Though she was underselling her by quite a tad, she weren't really lying. "if you keep me safe til I can regain my energy and stamina, I will try to help you with your goal". Though she stated goal, she naturally meant finding the source of the energy. She had no real idea that he had any motivation behind just meeting the source, even though logic did state that there were something behind his words.
Also, if worst come to worst, she had gathered enough energy to do a short-range teleport by now, barely, if nothing else she could escape into the woods and hide. As long as there weren't any birds noticing her, that is.

Charles made it to Grimshore Camp without seeing anyone behind him. He figured he was the only one able to swim, or maybe he was the only coward that didn't wanna die in the sea. When Charles looked around though, he saw people afraid to go outside. 'What kind of exiled island is this?' He thought to himself.

His throat dry, he looked for a place to at least get some water, he saw in the distance what looked like a person, but the closer he got, he realized the person wasn't alive anymore, he was a skeleton. He heard it talking to a very small creature. Charles didn't really know what it was, but from its small size, he guessed it was a fairy. Charles heard stories of Fairies, but in the frozen land in the north, they didn't have such creatures around.

Charles held the sharp rock in his hand still, and cautiously looked around for a place to hide and listen in, he ducked between to huts and listen in closely.

"I want to find the source of this necromancy." Were the first words that he heard the skeleton person say, "It's not something I can do alone, or I'd have done it already. I saw the ship with my spyglass, if new exiles want to help me, this is a good place to intercept them. It's easy to pretend being a corpse when you are one."

'Necromancy? What kind of island is this? Corpse? Is this Hell?' Was all Charles could wonder. He tried to hear what the fairy was saying but couldn't. He still held the rock in his hand, he felt a little dizzy, realizing that he still didn't get any fresh water, and was still dry from all the salt water from the sea that he swallowed getting to shore. Before he could take another step or decide what to do, he collapsed.

Yanet's ear visibly twitched as she hurried on, keeping her head down and her tail straight out behind her as she ran. She had fully expected to be running from something as soon as she got here, but she didn't want it to be a fellow prisoner. Unlike what she knew of the undead, these convicts were cunning and able to outwit others. What was worse was this woman's affinity for fire. It'll make things far more difficult when it comes to slowing her down, but the Vulpinkith still had an idea.

"Go! Go! Go!" she shouted to the wind mage. The fox woman paused by some brambles riddled with thorns. She held out her hand, her fingers curled much like the talons of a hawk. As she lifted her hand, the sharp branches of the brambles grew upward about half a foot, tangling themselves together. It was then that she saw something stumbling through the woods and coming out to meet her. It was a rotting person, missing an arm and a good amount of its clothing. Regardless of its state of unlife, it was still trying to run at the fox girl with its hungry, open maw.

Between the woman chucking fire and the zombie wanting to eat her, Yanet had little choice. She jerked her hand upward, forcing the plant to rapidly grow at an alarming rate. The Vulpinkith's arm drew back, as though winding up for a pitch, and the plant followed the dictated path. Its tangling branches ensnared the fast-approaching zombie and was carrying it along as Yanet motioned her hand as though throwing an invisible object. The oversized brambles followed suit, hoisting the undead up in the air and swinging it forth in a weak toss, sending the hungry monster at the feet of the pursuing flame caster.

The plant stopped growing altogether, now frozen into its new arc shape. Already, Yanet could feel fatigue eating at her legs and arms as she ceased her spell. Her original plan was to simply make a wall of thorns between herself and the flame mage, but she didn't wish to be eaten either. Staying still, however, was no option. She turned tail and sprinted after the wing-eared one, easily catching up and trailing behind her. Yanet could only hope that her small show of magic wouldn't dissuade the wind thrower from trusting her.

Vex had intercepted the ships path about midway through it's voyage, its only destination undoubtly Chandra Isle - no one else wanted to even sail these waters the corpses said. Of course, Vex didn't sail. He didn't swim. He flew. He was nearly undead himself, preserved against all time. even his wings reflected such, no longer the scaled and vibrant color they had, the flesh peeling away to the ivory bone beneath. Yet even without their membranes they kept him aloft, indefinitely so long as he wished. They were tireless, near undead themselves and he followed the ship, he cloak rippling behind him in the wind. The veil of night suited him, his colours keeping him hidden but for the vanishing of stars as he passed. Nearing Chandra Isle, he saw the torches of something burning on the edge and he smiled to himself. He hadn't been told there were any settlements left, only that it was infested by the undead and that exiles were sent there to live and die, mostly die.

The ship didn't pass too close to the island and that gave Vex a chance to get even closer. He watched something large get shoved off the side along with a number of screams. The sounds made him run his tongue over his lips. Such beautiful music. There were few who could appreciate such a sound. The sound of fear and adrenaline, surges of ungodly strength that drew out not just the power of body and mind but soul. They wanted to live, wanted to fight against the hand of fate dealt so cruelly to them. The taste in the air, imagined as it was, grew ever sweeter as he winged over. As the ship departed, he made no attempt to follow it but hovered far above the waters, looking down at the swimmers below, the ones that had survived the plunge. As they fought for every breath against the waves and made their way ashore, he followed them slowly, letting them explore for him. As the sodden forms beached themselves, they began to make their way along the shore, following the braziers.

Suddenly a flash of light caught his eye and the glint it had made remained there. It came from on the shore, where three forms were, two running and the last following them, hurling off more firebolts as they did. Someone was a destructive little bastard - he liked that. He also like the forms that seemed to be spontaneously growing from one of the runners who had slowed. There were a lot of mages here. Mages who had been very... naaauuuughtyyy... Mages who might know something that he needed to know. A little something something that he could pick from their brains with all the skill and efficiency of a scalpel. When they were dead.

Drawing closer, the lights obviously led to a camp, though the lights were somewhat muted by structures and walls. So the survivours had managed a settlement? Even better. Obviously some of the more experienced ones would know more. He couldn't resist it, couldn't resist cackling with the opportunities that were laid out before him. The relative silence of the area made the sharp sounds spread even farther as they fell from on high and he followed them, winging down and barreling across the sands until he was up on top of the runner who had stayed behind, his untiring pace making it easy to catch up with her. He inhaled deeply of the Vulpinkith, his draconic senses catching magic on her.

"Someone's been a naughty mage," he said, slowing down to match her pace. "I don't suppose you know anything of necromancy. See, I've got a few primordial dragons to resurrect and fuck me if I just don't have the spells to do it. But you, being the naughty little thing you are, might have found something that can help me. I mean if you didn't, I could just kill you and resurrect you and you can be the first in my legion of diggers.

His tone made it near impossible to tell whether he was serious or joking and the mask hid all of his face but his mouth which had an eerily wide grin on it.

"But there's already so many undead here and you already have so many problems like the firebrand behind you. I wonder if she knows anything."

Without waiting for answer he lifted up and looped back around so he was flying beside the last form that had been on the beach.

"Hai there, I'm with the Primordial Resurrection Temple and I'd just like to know if you know any necromancy that can be of use to me. Your help would be greatly appreciated and I promise that if you help you'll have a higher chance of surviving the coming apocalypse than those who don't."

Again, his tone was just as disarming, the grin even more so even more so.

James had to be extremely careful with his next words, it seemed she was on the verge of calling his bluff as she asked why he hadn't even tried to leave. Fortunately, he thought of a quick excuse, and one that was actually very true. "How many people do you know would jump to help a skeleton with a history of piracy?" This was actually quite true, he was even scorned here where he was known for his lack in hostility...towards most men. But what's this? She was offering to help him? Well, that was easier than he thought. He had no idea how much power she had, all he knew was what she had said, some skill in magic. How much was some? Was this relative to her species, to her company, or to a teacher perhaps? Well, he'd soon find out. "I'd gladly accept your assistance, lass." She didn't seem to care the last time he said it, so he let his habitual word slip off his tongue once more. "I use water magic, skillful enough to turn it into ice, should that be necessary. Learned it when I was just a lad."

Though just as he finished, the conversation seemed to be cut shy. He had thought he felt more water near him, but it was unnoticeable, which usually meant a living thing. Still, it was so small it could just be the ocean breeze bringing in more water vapor with it. But the idea got shot down as he heard someone fall to the ground. It wasn't very startling, but still surprising. James slowly stood back up from his sitting position and approached the source of the water. The man was wearing the typical garb for new arrivals, so it was assumed that he came ashore with the fairy. Unsure if he was conscious, or even alive for that matter, James glanced over at his new companion and asked, "Do you know him?" It was risky to help someone on this island, one solid bash to the head and James would be just a normal undead.

He did have a point, if a zombie pirate came to you and asked for your help, odds were that you would have been instantly removed from existence or an experiment of some sort. Good thing was that he seemed to agree on Tabitha's help, hopefully this could end up as a mutual partnership since physically; Tabitha was very, very, VERY weak. On her most badass she has managed to lift half a kilo! Though if they did turn into a duo in the future it was an odd pair.
The pirate went on explaining his power, apparently he was a hydromancer of sorts but as of yet he had only taken water from one location, not creating it. Was he a water manipulator or a water mage? This would most likely be explained in the future or simply be figured out once he used his gifts more.

Tabitha herself had simply stated that she had some skill with magic, though she was far from lying she was more than just undercutting it. Personally she liked to consider this a need to know basis, as of yet, he didn't need to know.

A sudden sound of something falling down jerked the little fairy back to the grim reality, having gained enough energy she flew a little closer and landed on a fence-post of sorts which gave her enough of a height advantage to see.
James didn't seem to care much but he did ask if she knew who this was.
"... No. I have no idea." She answered fully and honest for once.
Based on appearance he was wearing the same outfit as the other exiled prisoners from the ship, similar to Tabitha although she had a simple piece of cloth just tied to her, makeshift dress or laziness?

Question was if this new person was turned to the undead side or not, Tabitha could not sense the dark energy in him but it might be too soon to tell. With two people here she did feel a tad safer than if she was alone against an unknown entity.
"Helloo?" she asked the unconscious person, hoping there would be some form of reaction. She did mentally toy with the idea of having James toss a rock at him.

[Kyrie Bishaemon]

Arrival

Kyrie continued to pump her legs up the pathway, keeping her distance from the fire mage. She wasn't overly surprised she would be running for her life. Just not so early. Truly, one had to be mentally unhinged to just randomly begin attacking right after a life or death survival swim to shore. Then again, it was a convict ship filled with some of the worst the world can offer to the island. She shouldn't have been so naive.

Go! Go! Go!

She didnt need to be told twice. Kyrie turned to make sure that the foxgirl was alright and that she wasn't going to stab her in the back. To her surprise, the foxgirl not only had heightened sense, but was quite capable of using nature magic. She formed some fomr of bramble barracade, hopefully holding the woman back, but Kyrie wasnt too optimistic. Their opponent was able to cast fire, so plants wasnt much use. It did help ensnare a shambling undead that has been attracted by the commotion

Damnation, beset on all sides by human and undead alike and not a single piece of arm or armour in sight.

Thankfully, the camp actually wasn't too far off and after a short moment, Kyrie could actually make out individual buildings and actually hear people. Again, a sense of relief and dread. For all she knew they could be walking into an entire village of killers. It was Chandra Isle. Between breaths, Kyrie and foxgirl had to decide what to do when they get in. For better or worse, they were connected on the basis that they were both being hunted and they shared a common goal of trying to survive.

Village coming up. Might be dangerous to run straight in. I can run in first and you can cover me, but by the gods, if you betray me....

Kyrie left the last bit trailing and preparing herself for the worst, ran straight towards the entrance of the village. Right ahead, Kyrie could see the light of the camp. Her senses ran into overdrive in preparation for attacks that may come from any direction when they enter the camp. She couldn't be too careful. After all, this crazy mage decided to attack them from the middle of nowhere. However, once they enter the camp, they can scatter, hide and ambush the mage. She cannot hit what she cannot see.

FOXGIRL! CAREFUL! CAMP AHEAD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles heard a small voice as he slowly began to open his eyes again "Helloo?" Charles could barley open his eyes as he saw the fairy, and the Skeleton. He struggled to get up or speak,

"Water" was the only words he could muster as he slowly set up and leaned himself against a wall, trying not to faint again. 'The water from the sea, too salty.' was all he could think to himself, not knowing what was going happen next, as he tried to at least get in a defensive position, but he knew it was pointless.

The fair didn't know him, but he was a man down and he did claim to be in need of water. He was very unsure of whether or not to give him the water. While he hesitated, he glanced over at Tabitha, trying his hardest to give a look of warning, as though asking her to take caution. Whether or not this message got across was hard to tell with his decaying face. He didn't know how powerful she was, but if she was worth taking along, she'd be able to bind a weakened man at the least. Extending his boney arm, he lifted water from the grass nearby and put it in another ball, this time much larger, maybe enough to fill a small bucket. He may have been an evil man, but he was not a bad man. The ball of water was levitated so that this man would have to at least sit up to reach it.

"If you be needing rest, there may be a place for you inside the walls,"
James said, not saying much to this stranger. Granted he had been the one to take initiative in talking with the fairy, but that case was different. He was unsure if she were a threat and discussion seemed the best way to find out. This man, however, collapsed, and could very well be the type to stab another man in the back, and James didn't want to take that risk. Focusing his magic in his left hand, which was hanging at his side, he prepared water behind him, making the grass seem to dew up, a few of the dews crystallized with ice in preparation for a spear should the man lunge at them. Normally he'd use his Cutlass, but he didn't want to look even more intimidating to this newcomer.

Slow and Steady, Red
Irylena Firewrath

"Oh, haha, so zombies do exist," Iry mused as she watched the fox-lady encountered one. "Don't touch m--"

She believed the fox-lady to be doomed, but just as the thought flashes through her head, the lady moved her arms. In response to that movement, the plant near her grew at stupendous pace, ensnaring the approaching zombie. It hoisted the zombie up into the air and tossed it in Iry's direction. Wearing only a smirk, Iry called forth her unrefined pyromancy, producing an intense pillar of flames before her. The zombie smashed against the pillar, becoming ash as it went through.

Right then, she sensed a presence coming from behind, the essence of which she could not identify. It surged past her, following the fox-lady ahead for a brief moment. Iry gulped, realising her careless could have spelled the end of her right then. It was by a stroke of fortune whoever went by clearly had no intent to kill. At least, not yet.

Iry sustained the pillar of flames, creating a small window in the pillar to look up the path at the two she pursued. They were still running, as expected, though the person in question lopped back to her. Dispelling the flames, Iry paused for a while, regaining her energies before turning to face the man. He introduced himself in unusual fashion, such that Iry felt more annoyed than interested.

His tone seemed jovial... Suspiciously disarming. Such tones never sat well with Iry for too many times had Iry seen deceit come of those who spoke as such. Regardless, there was not yet a reason for Iry to react with hostility, as tempting as it was. The "Primordial Resurrection Temple" he spoke of sounded like an interesting name, though she could not recall if it had been a part of history lessons. Most interesting perhaps, was his apparent interest in necromancy.

"Heh. What are you, a necromancer? What makes you think I need a higher chance to survive this 'apocalypse', as you say?"

The newcomer seemed dehydrated, not really that hard to imagine given where he most likely came from, and the pleas for hydration only solidified the idea. James gave a strange look towards Tabitha, having some slight issue reading his face, either from her own mental exhaustion or the fact that parts of James' face was no more... Though she didn't know it he only tried to sort of hint to her to be careful, not that she'd need to be reminded to do this it was still a nice gesture. Personally she's always sceptical about new people, still didn't trust the pirate, although she did trust him more than this newcome if only by a little. A common goal is a wondrous thing to have.

James seemed to gather some water for the fainter to drink, that amount would have Tabitha set for days including bath-water but then again she was about the size in length as your average human face and logically enough require less sustenance.
Noticing what the decaying man was doing with the water behind the thirsty one she did realize that he was the type to not really take chances, did he do this to her as well when they started talking? She didn't have the energy or stamina to realize at the moment, she still doesn't but the time since she stopped and planned to take out the corpse she's now sort of befriending has aided her at least a little. She was to the point where she could cast spells again, not many or powerful, but enough to take out a man if only barely.

She let James take the lead on this one and remained where she was, still liking the idea of tossing a rock at this newcomer even though there was no real need for it.
For now she waited, as she could take the time to assess the situation this time it was nice to take advantage of it, at least until they got to the camp or met a larger group of people.

"Of sorts," he said, wagging a finger. "But it's not my forte. An interest yes, a passion, yes, some might even call it devotion, zealotry, insanity."

He laughed, more of an evil cackle than anything else.

"And you, and everyone around you are going to go up in fire and ice and gales and earth and light and dark when they rise and what are they gonna do? They're gonna come after you."

He pointed directly at her and then around him in random directions to seemingly imaginary people.

"And you and you and you and you and you and you, all of you. You're all going to die to reforge the world as we please. But you see, I've got it in with the big dragons back then; I know I'll make it. And I bet I can even take a few guests along with me. Who knows, maybe they'll use you for an appetizer. I'm still safe because I might as well be dead."

Again he cackled.

"So what do ya say? Do you have a tasty morsel for me or do you wanna join the elite of the elite and live to see judgement day? I promise we don't have fertility rites or blood scacrifices. Scratch that - we do have sacrifices. Do ya like blood? Cause I do. So warm and squishy and tasty. I love sacrifice days the best. I'll even let you wield the special sacrificing knife."

A second figure seemed to drop out of nowhere. One of both flesh and exposed bone, rambling on about Necromancy, dragons, and excavation. But threatening death upon the 'naughty' Vulpinkith for simply not knowing what in the flippin' hell he was going on about? Fuck that! He merely gave her more reason to run as far and fast as her legs could carry her! Even after some distance, her ear flicked back just enough to catch the voices of the two behind them. She could discern no words from here, but she could tell from tone of voice that they were speaking upon friendly terms. This would not turn out well for her if the both of them decided to team up and pursue the fox girl...

Still, despite her weakened state after being kept on that damn ship for so long, Yanet was able to catch up with Miss Wingear within a few minutes' time. Indeed, it was no hallucination or any other sort of illusion. Grimshore Camp lay straight ahead. From what she could discern from here, it looked like a palisade surrounded some barracks constructed from stone. What she couldn't see were the makeshift huts and tents scattered inside the walls, mostly constructed from the remains of shipwrecks and whatever could be salvaged from the settlement that used to stand here. Really, it was a miserable little place, but it held up despite the undead roaming about. The torchlight within was also a damn good sign; someone was here. Someone who might help them, if they were allowed to explain themselves.

Yanet looked back once more. The trail of braziers were far behind them now. But she couldn't see if they were being followed still. It sounded like they may have shaken the pyromancer, but she didn't even hear the flying man approach. Who knows how close they really were?

But there were more troubles up ahead. A zombie, this one dressed as a sort of privateer, was looming over another prisoner propped up against a wall, by the look of his ratted clothes. She couldn't tell what the teeny person was doing, but still, Yanet looked over at her wind-throwing companion. "Careful! There's another undead up ahead!" she called to Wingear. Yet this skeletal figure was well away from any useful plant matter. If he proved to be as quick as the zombie who charged at her earlier, trying to summon vines or ivy to restrain him would be pointless. Even then, this one looked armed. Who knows if the skeleton was smart enough to know how to wield that cutlass at his hip?

Interest Aroused, Red
Irylena Firewrath

Iry licked her lips. Although she didn't like the semantics, she had to admit her interest was piqued. Disregarding the offensive nature of his earlier words, 'elite of the elite' struck a chord in her mind. All transgressions were forgotten as soon as the words were thrown out. "Heh, can they rise from ashes? But no matter, I am an elite," Iry said, pausing to finally look at the man directly for the first time. She was surprised but she did not show it on her face.

The man was tall, much taller than she would have expected for someone who just demonstrated startling speed. For a convict, he would be far too clean and well-armoured. Yet at the same time, for a native of the Isle, he would be far too clean and well-armoured as well. Unless there had been some manner of civilization that existed here longer than had been recorded (and in high secrecy), this man before her now should not be dressed as such. The prospects were interesting, at the very least.

Except, this man got off on a wrong footing with her. Interesting or no, she had no interest in being openly subservient to him. Nevertheless, she saw no reason to avoid him. "I shall cooperate for now," Iry stated matter-of-factly. It was as far as she was willing to concede; to venture any further would mean a battle neither party could avoid. The flames of the nearby braziers re-ignited just as she looked up at the man, her eyes staring at his with a resoluteness that seemed to burn within them.

"Well someone's just a little firebrand aren't they? Cooperate? Of course you will - or you'll be dead. Cause that's the way primordials work."

Again, Vex cackled.

"And don't worry. If you ash them... I'll just bring them right back - after I ash you! But that's only if you ash them. I hope you don't mind working with other. I've got a recruitment drive to work on and every one of those lovely people there are just ripe for the picking. Don't get too flame happy, okay? I'll see you up there. That foxy woman up there never gave me an answer."

With those last words he zoomed off intot he distance catching up with the kitsune shortly thereafter.

"Well she's just been a real player at all of this. That's one for the road. Now how about you? Wanna live through the coming apocalypse? There's always room for more on the book of end times?"

[Kyrie Bishaemon]

Fist fight...

"Careful! There's another undead up ahead!"

Kyrie didnt need telling twice to notice the undead pirate up ahead. Even at the speed she was running at and the distanct, Kyrie could tell that this zombie was rather immaculately dressed for an undead. That and it seemed rather well mannered in the sense that it hasnt began ravaging the down person yet. Odd, but curiosity can take a back seat for now. kyrie wasn't so heartless and cold hearted that she would let a man be eaten alive by an undead. If the man was indeed a threat after she saved him, then killing him THEN would be not a problem. For now, it was probably best to knock the zombie back from the man

I'm going in! Help the man after i pushed the zombie away!

kyrie built up a compressed ball of air inside her palm and with her speed and momentum, lept up and thrusted the ball straight at the zombie's chest, hoping to blast him backwards and away from his "meal". It was a zombie, so it shouldn't be acting on anything but instincts of what it can see. Kyrie didnt see any reason for her thrust to miss.

Before he even got to hydrate the stranger, James heard something in the distance. Currently his focus was on the ball of water, but he was certain someone shouted that they noticed him, but if he had turned his focus, he'd have wound up splashing the downed man. Of course, this ended up happening anyway as one of the other convicts delivered a powerful blow straight into his boney chest, making his body flail away slightly. Instead of falling apart like it normally would, the water ball he held just seconds prior had been thrown off due to his motions and his focus still being on the water when this happened. What a waste. Still, that water dissolved into the ground, he could use it if he needed to, but for now, he needed to respond. Taking water from the air and a small bit from the ground, James had his feet and the area of dirt beneath him freeze so he could plant his feet, there'd be no knocking him back now, unless she were some sort of hulk of a woman. Drawing his cutlass swiftly at the same time, he held it out and pointed it at her.

"Pardon me, lass, but ye best not be crossing me unarmed." The pirate code...It was punishable by death, usually keelhauling, to attack an unarmed woman. However, he had been provoked, he could attack without breaking the code. Pulling his cutlass back, but still holding it at the ready, he continued, "Lest ye want a quick stop, ye'd be just another to add to my count, but I've no desire to raise that number." It was a fair warning. He was on his toes now, ready for her to continue. Was she preventing her death by undead, taking the initiative to strike, or was she just another cut throat, one of the ones to lose their life by their fellow convicts? That didn't matter, she attacked him.

Taking note that there was still a bit of icy dew on the ground in preparation for the first stranger, he kept it in mind should he need to continue to defend himself. So far, James had shown her that he was intelligent, not like the other mindless beasts that were the dead inhabitants of this island. He was also sure to show her that he had manners to warn her, but this wasn't so much a play to the newcomers, but a ploy to convince Tabitha that he wasn't a ruthless killing machine, even if she were to realize that he was Redshirt James, who was notorious for merciless slayings. Though he did still treat the code as law, so there would be no killing of women or children unless provoked. For now he'd given her a chance to assess the situation.

He had also taken note to observe the surroundings, glancing by he could see there was another headed his way. If he were to be attacked, he would have to carefully measure their strength. If they proved to be too much to handle, he would have no choice but to flee. A shameful act. However, if things turned out differently, if his attacker realized that James was self aware and did not mean to kill anyone just yet, then he could probably turn them into useful allies. That blow to the chest was hard, had he still had a stomach he probably would have hurled. Abilities like that would prove very useful for a hunt to the source of the curse. He had no idea what the other individual could do, though he hadn't gotten a good look at him or her, but he stayed alert. These people were all convicts capable of feats deemed worthy of being thrown onto this island. As such, James took caution, for the moment he needn't worry about the fairy, and he hoped very hard that she not take offense, it would threaten her, too. These people wanted to kill the undead threat, an offensive form of self defense, and there was nothing wrong with that. After all his thoughts passed, James calmed himself, making him more alert and prepared to speak at the same time, should any questions be asked.

OOC: hopefully not overstepping boundaries of metagaming here, but these are things she would be able to pick up. She is a mana-fairy after all! ^^
-------------------------------

Tabitha was pulled out of her looking down on the new human who had stumbled in, reason for this was a sudden pulse of magic not far from her. Turning around she realized too late that she had not been focusing on her defensive rather than aiming at her offensive should something happen. Not putting her trust in the pirate was a logical thing but given everything she had seen so far, and only tasting the very tip of his power; knowing what hydromancers are capable of.
A decent gust of wind seemed to be a part of what seemed to be a punch, had James been... more physical and skin-covered he might have taken some decent trauma with this, even with his meager frame he moved back a tad, or perhaps it was because of it? He could not really weigh that much compared to a fleshy organ'y human, could he? Though as a hydromancer feeling comfortable with water he did a logical thing, he froze the ground. Though this sounds counter intuitive it's not really that odd to one who commands ice as well as water.
A standstill happened as Tabitha realized two things: One was that she would have to trust James, regardless for the reason not to just kill the attacker, the other was that she was severely lacking in her sensory magic; she had to reevaluate.
Deciding to go against her masters' words she would trust the newly made friend, based on the mutual goal they had in mind, she would focus her mana into her sensing and feeling for now, leaving very little for her offensive powers but she would not be a target, even though she was ignored as of now.

Inhaling deeply she redirected her internal energy and focused it into her sixth sense, so to speak, the ability to sense life, energy, the deeper understanding of said energy and the mental field which keeps her reactions to the level she's used to, screw offense for now.

She was hoping to hell and all forms of gods that James would take the hint and protect her if that should be needed, with her current energy reserves she was in no position to fight should that happen. To those who are energy sensitive a single ping of energy kicked out from the little fairy atop of the fence-post. It was only a single pulse to activate and extend it to it's fullest and it would remain there, feeding her the information her brain and genetic heritage could understand. Not extending it to it's fullest she still kept it sort of local, just not to overgo her capacity to take in energy, running out of mana again would be an idiotic thing to do.

All the information came flowing: this woman, Tabitha did not know of her race but she could sense magic within her, the pulsating and cutting flow of her aura hid a potential not matched by the strength of its current form; she was an aeromancer and there was a little more, in her state Tabitha could not really figure out the specifics. There was also a hint of an innate energy flowing within the body, possibilities were rather plentiful but still. The other one a little further away showed similar feeling to her race as an old friend of Tabitha, she could not be certain but it seemed that some form of canine heritage was in her but there was more to it. There was magic within her, a gentle homely feeling with a certain pulse of expanding energy, she was a nature mage.
James himself showed more or less exactly what she expected, his aura was calm but fierce like a storm, no doubt that he was a water-mage, but there was also the overlaying aura of death, necromantic energy and something else she could not put her finger on. The last was the half-unconscious man begging for water, he was human, very little -possibly none at all- mana was found in him, he might not be caster or very skilled at hiding it.
Naturally, all of this was far from exact, it was a hazy image sensed under far from optimal conditions, adding experience and a natural taste for magic and it's flow it was more like an educated best guess.

"Be careful of her-" Tabitha started as she flew, slowly, to James' side. "She holds more power that it seems, though there is something odd about it." She stated to her pirate.
"The one over there, she might be a nature-attuned mage, if any plants act even the slightest strange nearby.... just be aware..." Should the plant-mage do something odd with the plants Tabitha would most likely feel it, question was if she had the speed to avoid it at the moment.
Ignoring explaining about the dehydrated one she hoped the lack of explanation would serve as one, after all she was listing magical abilities, if James was a competent mage and smart enough he should figure it out on his own.

Amble, Red
Irylena Firewrath

It was certain now. Iry disliked this person. However, his abilities were undeniable... Or at least, Iry would like to think. Even up to this point, the only true gauge that Iry had of him was that one instance of startling speed. Everything else aside from that had been unremarkable to say the least. His mental state appeared to be suspect as well, and that weakened his case - was he or was he not a person of power?

Iry decided to put faith in it for the time. Maybe he was powerful; maybe he could easily kill her with the flick of his finger. In retrospect, the thought was hardly disturbing. It excited her. Nevertheless, to his words, she had only a grunt of reluctant approval. He seemed intent on recruiting the others she had earlier made a move on and that would prove interesting. Iry's money was on outright rejection. She ambled after the man, taking her time to catch up as the man sped up much faster than her relaxed pace. All she had of him was the small gust of wind from his sudden movement, and he was gone.

She rolled her eyes as she walked on, casually curling the fires of the brazier into another ball in her palms. She may not 'ash' these people now, as the man had requested, but there was nothing about her playing with fire. As she gradually caught up to the man, the others and the end of the path, she couldn't help but look forward to seeing their reactions.

[Kyrie Bishaemon]

A somewhat pleasant surprise...

Several things occured to Kyrie within the span of a few seconds after contact. The thrust was a successful hit, landing squarely on his, or "its" chest. While it didnt send "it" flying, it did throw '"it" off balance. Secondly, its feet suddenly stuck to the ground with ice encasing its sole. Thirdly, it drew its sword. A sword. It wasn't the fact that it scared Kyrie. It was the fact that it drew a weapon. What brainless zombie would draw a weapon over clawing and biting instinctively? Immediately following after was that it spoke and was dressed actually rather neatly. Intelligence.

"Pardon me, lass, but ye best not be crossing me unarmed. Lest ye want a quick stop, ye'd be just another to add to my count, but I've no desire to raise that number."

Kyrie's warrior spirit itched at the unintended challenge, but her steeled discipline stomped it out as quick as it appeared. There was much more pressing matter to deal with. There were zombies everywhere that WERE trying to eat her and her new ally and that there was a pyromaniac behind them that want them dead for some odd reason. Kyrie still remained in a defensive stance. She had to be careful. The zombie appeared to have help in the form of a fairy which flew in from the side, a being she did not notice until now.

An intelligent zombie...I assume you are going to tell me that you weren't planning to dine on that man over there? If so, then i apologise for the attack. The island has not been friendly in the short time i have stepped foot on it.

Suddenly remembering the pyromancer, Kyrie sidestepped slowly 90 degrees around the smart zombie without alarming them. This way, even if the pyromancer came and attacked again, the zombie and the fairy can be another target their enemy had to contend with. If Kyrie and the foxgirl was lucky, the zombie might even help them. Quickly calling the foxgirl to her side, Kyrie tried to seek the zombie's help

FOXGIRL! TO ME! Forgive me for my audacity, but i may require your help. A pyromancer has attacked myself and my... companion for reasons unknown to me and may be following us up the pathway in which we came.

Status
Not open for further replies.