Status
Not open for further replies.
2wdbx54.jpg

[glow=red][ Evergreen's Sky Bus; En Route to Acolyte's Mount ][/glow]

"My name is Sorrell Edelstein. We had a few classes together back at the institute." The silver haired boy introduced himself and bowed his head in greeting. What a polite kid. Lou looked up at him, and nodded along like he had totally now remembered who the guy was. No. No he had not. He really had no idea they had shared classes because Lou was not the type to really pay much attention to the people around him, though it made sense, seeing how they were both here. Lou had seen Sorrell just around, because that white hair and violet eye combo (and short stature) was really something that could simply not go unnoticed, and paid attention to his existence about two or three seconds each time, before moving forward with his life. Sorrell was now observing the group of boys across the aisle, while Lou continued to pamper his familiar. "I think you may be right... everyone is going to kill one another before we even get to Acolytes Mount."

The ashen blond boy looked up at Sorrell to see just in time for him to cover his mouth with his hand, looking like he was surprised over what he just had said himself. Lou regarded the shortie curiously, a small, amused smile creeping on his face. "You know what, I like you." He barked a laugh and then added, "No homo though. And I may just stick around for you just because of Ammy, let's be honest." Lou had turned to pet the wolf again, looking about just as content about it as the familiar was. Meanwhile the other group of guys were going on about healing the burned hand, and one of them had quipped about being able to heal it with the cost of blowing up the other hand which equaled to plus minus zero and then some. Lou snorted a small laugh at it. At least there was another one with a shitty sense of humor like his. Maybe it would not be all bad after all. Now if they would all manage not to die before touchdown, that would be great.

"I know you already know who I am, and I admit it, it's kinda weird but... Louis Maddox, just Lou is fine. Nice to make your acquaintance, Sorrell." He offered his hand for a shake to Sorrell, and then asked; "So what do you do? I mean, what's your specialty? Mine's Physical." A sly looking smirk was on his face at that. "You know, I'm a very physical kind of guy, if you know what I mean. Beast in the fight, beast in the sheets." Which was followed with a silly looking eyebrow wiggle. Lou had definitely waited to get to use that punchline.​

Characters interacted with:
@Cybermoon - Sorrell Edelstein

Characters mentioned:
@Noctis the Devious - Trent Brooks
+ The others causing a ruckus

Zelda looked out the widow and watched as the clouds drifted by the bus. Her beloved Loki justed hissed in distaste, never having liked being too high off the ground. Zelda reached a hand up and lightly pet the flaming reptile to calm it down as she turned away from the window in time to hear Livi's suggestion and Marion's input on the matter. Smiling, Zelda pulled her cub into a hug and nuzzled her own face into the physical user's. "I like the way you two agree on something so spectacular!" She exclaimed in a happy tone before letting go of Marion and moving to Livi, giving her the same treatment. "I'm sure we can all think of something to manipulate those Evergreen chumps into finding that demon and use them as bait. Then while they are busy dealing with their school's mishap, we look for the feather." It may have seemed as though she had no care if the boys survived the demon but that wasn't true. A small part of her silently hoped that there were no demon. And if there was, she hoped that they at least could handle it themselves, otherwise her conscience would get the best of her and force her to help them out.

Interactions:

Marion - @The Mernsicle

Dakota - @Misaou

~~*~~
Sorrell just smiled at Louis, though inwardly he was a bit upset for two reasons. One reason was that he was friend-zoned by the physical user but that quickly passed as he was use to either being rejected or friend-zoned. The second reason was that not only did he say it was weird that Sorrell knew him by name but that he was only going to stick around him because of Ammy, his familiar. The galaxy wolf was ignorant of her caster's current emotions, as she was enjoying being pampered by the other male, but that was for the best. He grasped the man's hand in his own, shaking it. The man definitely worked with his hands sometimes, as they were strong and slightly rough, where as Sorrell's hands were soft and a little less strong than Louis' hands. "A pleasure Lou. And... I only know you by name because of the times the teachers caught you napping in class a lot." He explained, and it was true. Though Louis was good looking, there were times Sorrell wondered if Louis was genuinely tired in class or if he did it to piss the teachers off. Either way, it was funny to watch the teachers have a meltdown when they called on the big guy. "As for my element, I am a gravity caster." It was after he said this that he finally caught the last bit of Louis' statement and his face rapidly turned red in embarrassment, making his silver white hair stand out even more. He could easily figure out the first part meant that he was a strong and capable fighter, something that would be very useful in the challenge. The last part... he did not know if that sort of information would be useful later on.

Interactions:

Louis - @Wicked

Last edited by a moderator:
Celia had barely returned to sitting normal again, when the conversation had started up. It was odd what her brain latched onto at times, like why all the possibly-important stuff said during the ceremony earlier had completely entered one ear and immediately exited the other, while the mention of a plan on a bus flying over nowhere-in-particular grabbed her attention.

She didn’t quite see the point of the guesswork. They didn’t know anything, about the demon, or about the other team, or even about the mountain itself. It was all great to speculate and formulate, but someone important somewhere once said “all plans fail upon initial contact with the enemy”, or something very similar. At the same time, she wasn’t opposed to what the girls were saying, they were working as a team after all, it was just misguided.

Celia climbed back onto her knees, and disturbed Mist, who was currently the size of an acorn and nestled comfortably in the small, natural-pocket of her chest. She placed her elbows on the back of her seat, and turned to spy upon the rest of the group. She had to admit this was a much more enjoyable way to fly than the normal boring way, though nowhere near as fun as the magic-coasters that went back-ways, and sideways, and up-ways, and diagonal-ways.

A bright smile stretched upon her face - if for no other reason than they didn’t have boring classes for the next two weeks – as she regarded the other girls. She immediately forgot what she was about to say when she spotted Raina walk to the front of the bus, like a black cloud quickly approaching on the horizon. It was in that moment that she decided, for better or worse, to direct all the warmth of her happy thoughts Raina’s way.

“What’s up, buttercup?” Celia asked in as perky a tone as she could manage.

Whether Raina looked at her, or not, the smile would remain. As scatter-brained as she could be, at times, she was also capable of seeing something through and, at that moment, she was determined to bring a bit of happiness into her teammate’s day – it was such a nice day after all.

“So, Miss I-know-what-goes-bump-in-the-night, what’s the four-one-one on our demonic-mountain-dweller? I know the basic story, but what do you know? I mean, is it like, a fortieth-level demon that has a weakness for strawberries that only bloom during a blue-moon in December?” she asked with all seriousness.

“Oh, and before I forget – which I do all the time – what’s the terrain like on the mountain-top? Is there, for instance, a quaint little mountain lake somewhere we could possibly fight near?”

Interactions: Raina - @Noctis the Devious

To be completely honest, Raina stopped listening after the the person dismissed her. If they weren'tgoing to listen to what she was trying to tell them she didn't have to listen to them yammering on while the whole point of her outburst went over their heads. She kept her eyes trained in the horizon lurking just out side the wind shield while the rest continued to over complicated things. The fact the clouds seems to making more of an appearance was worthier of her time then the girls already chickening out of the challengen. And they, with all their quick assumptions, said she was the one whining. But then...

What’s up, buttercup?” The voice belonged to one of the first girls who confronted her originally, but while she doubted such a remark was directed at her, the urge to see who she was talking to was too great to pass up. “So, Miss I-know-what-goes-bump-in-the-night, what’s the four-one-one on our demonic-mountain-dweller? I know the basic story, but what do you know? I mean, is it like, a fortieth-level demon that has a weakness for strawberries that only bloom during a blue-moon in December. Oh, and before I forget – which I do all the time – what’s the terrain like on the mountain-top? Is there, for instance, a quaint little mountain lake somewhere we could possibly fight near?” The dark caster quirked an eyebrow despite the smirk twisting her pale lips.

"
You're asking me? How thoughtful. Too bad I already said what I wanted to but apparently we don't speak the same language. But as the nice person that I am let me dumb it down for you: they found out what is out there and want us to take care of it. If that's not plain speech for 'the demon is tough enough to present a challenge but not so much so we'll be eaten' I have more to be concerned about that a bunch of hens clucking over each other," she had raised her voice again, making sure everyone "clucking hen" heard her.

"
As for what I know? I don't like what ifs. What if there's a demon? What if we cast a spell? What if we run into the boys? What if we sacrafice the boys because we're suddenly not capable of defending ourselves much less proving our superiority over them? What I am not hearing is actual intelligence. Seriously, do I have to do everything around here?" She completely faced the other female casters now, zeroing in on a bow that presumably belonged to the loud, touchy red head hugging on everyone and calling them oh so imaginative nicknames. "You, you're that Tilda chick or whatever right? The one who can hunt?" If her focus wasn't on the headmistress' speech back at the Caster's See-off, it might as well have been on the gathered crowd, and in crowds you tended to hear things. " Then track the damn thing down! If the mountains are its feeding grounds there's going to be some signs of it. While you're at it, try to see what wild game you can find. The competition last four weeks, which means they expect us to spend seven days in an area. I would personally prefer we clear an area within 5-6 days. I would also prefer we stock up now before we run out of resources and be stuck with whatever is lurking around the marshes they expect us to traverse .

"
Lucky for you I can use my shadows to help, though the spell is strongest at nighttime. In the meantime, I can do some aerial surveillance on Batter. Get the lay of the land and, with some luck, locate the boys. The rest of you can locate a place to set up camp because apparently the last thing you're worried about is exposure on a mountain that doesn't see days hotter than fifty degrees and nights even colder. I am not freezing my tail off for you people. Locating some fresh water wouldn't be a bad idea." She then faced toward the girl who initially spoke to her. "Am I right to assume you're the water caster? Even so, the less magic you use to keep these morons hydrated the better. Hopefully we have someway to store it..." She frowned, realizing she forgot to pack empty containers of any kind. No matter, maybe the others can spend less time worrying about nonsensical things and be more productive on that front.

"
And in case you've all forgotten we've came here to prove ourselves. Normally I'd be all for feeding our competition to a blood thirsty demon but not if you guys are treating as an easy way to avoid a confrontation. Honestly, do you have any idea how pathetic you guys sound with your 'lets hope the boys find it first' remarks. Are you guys even from Rosewood or are you really that weak?" She crossed her arms over her chest and popped her hip out; her typical I-deserve-to-be-worshipped stance. "We're here to find a feather - that's a certainty - whatever else be prepared for but don't put energy towards otherwise you're just wasting all of our time."

Interaction: Celia - @Seeking Calliope || Zelda - @Cybermoon

Mention: General​

- x -
Trent scoffed at the water caster's offer, though it was all in good nature. "Aw, come on, I heal myself all the time and I still have all my limbs! Well, for the most part. I'm missing a fingertip but that's a different story all together." It wasn't major enough to notice as it really was just the tip of his finger missing, bAm if one looked closely enough there was nothing but scare tissue were the tip should have been. The nail hadn't grown right ever since but he tended to keep them trimmed short any how. "But hey, not bad for a nymph," he snickered.

He then held up his index finger, silently calling for a moment so he could reach back for the hood of his trench coat. A gentle shake later and a glimmer of fire rose from his hood. But that was the thing about familiars, they had no physical form in this world but their semi-ethereal being tended to allow them to interact with casters and familiars alike. In otherwords, his familiar looked like it was made of fire, and because casters perceived it as fire it would feel warm to the touch, but in actuality it was just a magic manifestation that could safely harbor away in his clothes fire resistant or otherwise. "This is Willow the will-o-wisp. Isn't she beautiful? Well, at least I think it's a she. I was one of the few bless with a non-sentinent familiar but she keeps me company all the same. A dead give away to the nature of my magic if you ask me."

He war he'd the will-o-wisp float around lazily until a sudden eruption of laughter caught his attention an he turned to find a boy laughing himself silly in the middle of the isle. "Hey, did I miss something? What was it? Tell me I gotta know." If there was something so funny it was worth falling out of his seat for was didn't want to left out.

Interaction: Malachai - @DarkiusHeavenstein || Toby - @The Mernsicle

Last edited:
The Spirit caster was happy with the back up she recieved from Livi. She titled her head slightly as she noticed the ripple (if it could be called like that) in her aura. Inanimado had always been sensitive to others feelings and overal emotions, definitely when they changed. This girl seemed to be nervous, and well the silverhaired girl couldn't blame her. After all they were about to be dropped off on a mountain and their knowledge level was... pretty non existant. "Yes, good idea, let's focus on the facts we have" She murmurred.

A small smirked appeared on her face. How long would it take for them to all agree? She didn't believe there would ever be full consensus among them as she glanced at Raina. Her eyes gotten slightly big as one of the girls, Zelda, suddenly started hugging the other girls. She stepped back automatically, creating more distance between herself and the others again. The sugar sweet nicknames already had her skin crawl, and this level of affection was just too much for her. She let out a relieved sigh when the hugging didn't proceed on to her. She opened her mouth to say something as suddenly Riana took her stance again. She watched the girl through the reflection on one of the windows. No idea why, but she had always been more comfortable with looking at people like that, instead of directly.

Again good points and lesser points were made by the dark caster. She strolled back to her first place in the back of the bus in silence. "Lisic can patrol as well on ground level, so we have a good view from the sky as well as from the ground" She offered, the fox looking up quickly as his name was mentioned. She moved to crawl him between the eyes. She still didn't like the whole arrogant vibe that Riana gave off, but there was nothing she could do about that, so she wasn't gonna waste her breath complaining on it. Definitely not now that they were 'talking and discussing all together'. "If there is snow, that can easily be used to keep us hydrated at first. But yes having a place to sleep safely and access to water and food wouldn't be a bad idea and should be a first priority." She still didn't really look at anyone as she spoke.

Just like the dark caster she had not liked the idea of using the boys, yet for all the different reasons. And unlike the other she was not here to prove herself, but playing the game as it should be played would give her probably more answers. So yes, finding feathers would probably give her a better understanding and more answers to what happened to her brother. She however didn't say anything further as she played with a strand of her hair, lost in thought about the lore and fairytales of the mountain they were gonna visit.
Page-break.png

Malachai shook his head in slight confusion as he looked at the other. "I am a healer or support, so I tend to focus on that. I hate seeing other hurt as well as I dislike wounding others, so yeah I am not really a fighter" He said with a bit of a shrug. He was surprised that the other held up his finger, automatically falling silent even thought he was already silent. He watched how the other shaked his clothing and took a small step back at the sudden fire. Even though water was suppose to be stronger than fire, he had never like it. Fire could destroy so easily... plus third degree burnings were a hell to heal.

"I do like her" He said with an honest smile as he watched the will-o-wisp that roamed around. He kneeled down, Kissa immediately running for him. "This is Kissa" He introduced his own familiar as he held him in his arms. "Isn't he the cutest little kitten ever?" He asked with a big grin as the water cat purred and moved up to sit on his shoulder. The familiar licking and playing with the few blue strands in his hair, it was still a mystery why he did this. And how those strands grew out so bright blue, but he had stopped wondering. Trents attention however seemed to be taken away quickly as he watched over at Toby.

The young caster, not wanting to be left out either, quickly followed to find out what indeed had been so funny. He was happy with the relaxed group of people they had. The fact that they seemed to get along just fine was a bit plus as well as he sat down again. He couldn't help to keep the big, slight idiotic, grin from his face. Never had he thought to ever feel comfortable in a giant flying bus, but he was. Thanks to these boys that made him forget about the flying part.

Marion
Marion's body was enveloped in Zeldas body, her face nuzzled into her cheek "I like the way you two agree on something so spectacular!" Marion was then let go of and Zelda turned to give Liv a hug as well. "I'm sure we can all think of something to manipulate those Evergreen chumps into finding that demon and use them as bait. Then while they are busy dealing with their school's mishap, we look for the feather." Taking the opportunity to move out into the isle she did, smiling brightly she watched the Lion run to her in delight ruffling his main she walked forward and surveyed everyone, small conversations happened around her like Raina and Celia or Liv and Inanimado's conversation her smile slowly turning to a frown she realized the girls were so broken apart "Girls I say we play a game! you know to... pass time?" Marion's voice came out steady at first but shaky at the end regaining her confidence she picked it back up "It's called I went on a Picnic, for those of you who haven't played before it goes like this: One player says, "I went to a picnic and I brought..." then says a picnic favorite that begins with the letter A, like apples. The next player repeats the opening phrase, and after "...I brought" they repeat the A item then add one that begins with B: "I brought an apple and some bananas." The third player repeats the opener, the A and the B portions, and then adds something that begins with C. Get it?" Marion desperately hopped the group would play, maybe even get along and have a good laugh.

Toby continued to laugh. Breathing heavily his laughing came to a slowing stop every now and then his laughing would get the best of them "Hey, did I miss something? What was it? Tell me I gotta know." Toby blushed a bright pink because of this question he and his bad sense of humor had gotten the best of him, his blush was hidden by his red face from laughing, Toby's voice hitched in his throat not really wanting to tell the other boy the only thing that made him laugh so hard was the Proficy's of death made about them all, swallowing his slight fear he looked at the others and shook his head "Just you all predicting our death" he began impersonating Sorell in his best Sorell voice "I think you may be right... everyone is going to kill one another before we even get to Acolytes Mount." then he began impersonating Lux he observed his hand as he did so to give it a very "Lux effect" "jeez guys its only a burnt palm. no need to go all Florence nightingale on me. So I guess that means we've found the guy who's patching us back up after each fight. It'd be nice if we'd had a chance to get to talk before they threw us on this bus off to some god forsaken mountain. Though I'd prefer if we kept the explosions for anything trying to murder us."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
2wdbx54.jpg

"A pleasure Lou. And... I only know you by name because of the times the teachers caught you napping in class a lot." Sorrell explained himself as they shook on it. Lou's face broke into an surprised, amused smirk. Ah, so he was not some kind of weird stalker or someone without a life that went along to memorize the names and faces of everyone in the graduations albums. That was always positive. "As for my element, I am a gravity caster."

Then as they let go of each others hands, Louis noted how out of nowhere the short boy seemed flush completely red. It was probably because of what he had said earlier and it finally caught on. What a cute kid. Lou let out a hearty laugh, stood up from his seat and smacked Sorrell on the back. "Is chameleoning also part of your powers? Because you're looking like my beanie." The older boy teased and settled his hat on a better position on his head as if to make his point to come across clearer. He also noted that he dwarfed Sorrell about half a foot, hovering above the silver haired boy a good head taller. But Lou had gotten used to in the past few years that he stood taller than most of his peers, so that was not really news at all. The news were that Sorrell was even shorter than he had initially thought. What a shrimp.

The other guys were also apparently having a blast, because one of the boys was practically pissing himself on the floor. The others were curious about what humored him so, and the kid's laugh was very contagious because it made smiles lift on the faces of others. The laughing boy managed to somehow get himself together, and started impersonating Sorrell's earlier prediction and then the Light Mage. You would think that none of them took any of this seriously, heading to Acolyte's Mount and making morbid jokes about their deaths. And sure as hell, Lou definitely did not. Because the only way to stay sane was to make light about it. So he snorted at the performance, and slow clapped loudly at it.

"Alright, alright. Don't get too into it, you're killing the audience here." Lou said with a straight face, dropping the pun and continuing the morbid humor. Then he spread his hands, stepping closer to the group, addressing everyone. "No, but seriously, fellas. How are we gonna do this? Does anyone have anything useful here? Has anyone done any kind of research about the mountain? I just know some basic survival skills in the wild, but that's about it. I don't know anything specific about the mountain or the area itself, or the nasty rumor about something possibly lurking there... So I'll leave that stuff for some of you to figure out. I can find us a place to camp and build some traps and try to see if there's anything to hunt, maybe lure use a nice dinner. Or see if there's any edible plants or something."

He then turned to the boy with black and blue hair, pointing at him. "You look like a water caster. For some reason your kind is always awfully fond of the color blue, go and figure. Do you know how to locate fresh water? It's going to be very important for our survival. I'm counting on you, aight?" Then he turned to point at the blond boy who had joked about blowing up a hand during a healing session. "And you're a fire caster, right? I need you to keep us warm. I need you to get us a fire going as soon as possible we set a camp. Firewood needs to be collected before sundown, or we're officially fucked, and not in a way I'd like it. I'm not fancying freezing to death or cuddling any of you shuckfaces for warmth through the night."

It was not like he was trying to take command, but it just kind of... happened. Directing others and delegating work was something that came naturally for Lou. How others were going to respond to it, now that was a whole different story. He then turned to the boy who had been impersonating the others, looking his chubby form up and down. "So, what do you do? Other than stand-up comedy? Gimme something useful to work on here. What's your element?" He thought for a second, then smacked his palm on Sorrell's shoulder and pushed his lanky little figure forward. "We'll be needing scouts. I know for sure that even if there ain't no demon, there's the girls. And the possible wild animals. But hey, they're basically one and the same. You guys keep an eye out for the camp when we get it set up. Feel around, try to see where the girls are camped, if there's anything dangerous out there to look out for... You know, jazz like that? I could also need a little help with setting traps, so we'll get them up and 'bout before sundown. Sound good for you all? Any objections?"

Characters mentioned/interacted with:
@DarkiusHeavenstein - Malachai Who's-Surname-Is-Too-Damn-Difficult
@The Mernisicle - Toby Newton

Last edited:
Zelda had pulled back from Livi in time to hear Raina say something to her, but since the dark haired girl mispronounced her name, she decided top ignore her in favor of her little cub, who spoke up about playing a game to pass the time. "I haven't played that game in ages, Cub. It would be a crime no to play." She states, looking towards Marion. "I hope you don't mind that some of my answers will become weird and not what is normally brought to a picnic." And it was true, she brought food that is not normally brought on a picnic but she was always willing to try new things. The last picnic she had been on, she had brought one jar filled with ghost peppers and another jar filled with habanero peppers. Suffice to say, the ensuing chaos was funny as heck. Granted she nearly lost all feeling in her mouth with that stunt but it was worth it. Loki just hissed and danced in delight at the thought of hearing all sorts of food, though turned to Raina and hissed in dissatisfaction at her trying to order his caster around. She may have been the granddaughter of the Dark Caster Thane but she was just like the rest of the casters on the sky bus.

Interactions:

Marion - @The Mernsicle

~~*~~
Sorrell was knocked out of his state of shock when Lou stood and smacked him on the back laughing and asking him if chameleoning was one of his skills. He looked up at the tall boy and felt a lot shorter, though he only stood at five foot seven inches but compared to the six foot two inch Louis Maddox, Sorrell was probably compared to a shrimp in his eyes. He was about to retort before Lou had turned his attention to the other boys and started barking out orders like a leader. It was nice though, seeing him take charge and it made the gravity caster's heart rate increase ten fold. And then it happened, Louis had place his hand on Sorrell's shoulder and roughly moved him forward, the silverette barely catching himself and hearing something about him being a scout along with the guy that was imitating him and several others. He turned his purple eyes to Louis and said the first thing that came to mind "What the fuck are you talking about?" He didn't know what came over him to ask such a thing but it didn't stop there. "I know next to nothing about being in the wilderness and even less about being a scout. I cannot see how I would be helpful in such a position."

He just wanted to go crawl in a hole and die from sheer embarrassment and utter horror. Here Lou was, trying to make Sorrell feel useful and he just had to say that. His stupid tongue has given him bad moments, but this one takes the cake. He covered his mouth to stop from saying anything else and looked away to hide his shame. "S-sorry... I'll be a scout and learn on the job." He gave a muffled reply. Maybe he was cursed to say such stupid things that would force him to be alone for the rest of his life.

Interactions:

Louis - @Wicked

Mentions:

Everyone else

E r i s
V A L E N T I N E

epd_red.png

[ Rosewood's Sky Bus; En Route to Acolyte's Mountain ]

--

Eris was encased in a royal blue hoodie, propped up against the window of the bus. She was sleeping, a task she had intended on doing the entire ride over. Of course, it was very rare that anything goes exactly according to plan for the luxmancer. Much to her annoyance, her earbuds had slipped from their place, and were no longer doing their assigned duty of blocking out the noisy rabble of girls they had crammed into the bus with her. What woke her, of all things, was a girl who wouldn't shut up.

Honestly, her monologuing could rival that of a true Bond villain.

As the roux sat herself up and stretched. Her back ached from the peculiar position she'd put her spine in during her nap. Eris only half listened as she blathered on and on. She watched with half-lidded eyes and wiped the thin trickle of drool that had slipped from the corner of her mouth down her chin. From what she could tell, nobody really cared about what she was saying, as they shouldn't have. Her posture irked the red haired girl, and her tone.

"We're here to find a feather - that's a certainty - whatever else be prepared for but don't put energy towards otherwise you're just wasting all of our time."

The red head peered over her chair at the shadowmancer, eyes narrow and still drowsy from sleep.
"Hey, your Highness." She called over, "Thanks for the very short synopsis of our raison d'être, I'm sure we all needed it."
The girl shot her a strained smile and then yawned, one of her eyes tearing up due to her groggy nature. She sighed and leaned back.

"But now that you're done could you sit down? Let's all play that alphabet-picnic game or whatever the hell the dark haired chick is talking about. Definition of a good time right there." The sarcasm in her final sentence was tangible and dripping off of her words. She looked over at the two girl discussing the game, and half-smiled. It was supposed to be a friendly gesture, but everything she did radiated, 'annoyed'. She was tired, grouchy from being woken prematurely and though they shouldn't of had to suffer her short-fused mind set there really wasn't anything she could do... Whatever, she'd apologize later, when she meant it... maybe.

epd_red.png

Characters Mentioned -

@Noctis the Devious - Raina Summers
@The Mernsicle - Marion Martin
@Cybermoon - Zelda Fenrir

Inanimado shook her head as Marion introduced the game to them. In disbelieve she watched how the other girls just expected the proposal at hand. "Really, let's just play a game. Sure, we are on a nice lovely school trip. Oh no wait, we are probably on a death trip" She spoke louder than she had inteded. Her face holding no expression as it took her a few moments to realize she had spoken her thoughts out loud. The spirit caster had not meant to speak so harshly, but now that she had, Ina didn't feel like taking back her words. They were already out in the open anyway.

Anyone else might have still tried to apologize, but Ina was not there to hold their hands and nurse them. She wasn't really a bitch, and she didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings yet it was just insane to play a game like they were going to some resort. What was next, braiding the demons hair and hope that would calm him down? Once again she had a hard head in this whole Challenge thing. She reached out to stroke Lisic as the fox curled up on her lap once more. The silverhaired girl not feeling like saying anything more, as she went over tactics on her own.

Page-break.png

The young Dwin'anea boy just grinned a bit idiotic, not at all understanding what was so funny or the comments that were made. However the others laugh was just so contagiously, he couldn't help himself. However the humor suddenly dropped as the guy with the beanie started talking. True, they had to be prepared for what was about to come. He turned around to look at the male with the red beanie as he started to adress to them in general. His own lips parting slightly as he wanted to give some explanation about the mount, something he had picked up during the political discussions during some dinner about the kids that were picked. Yet before he could get even a sound out the other just kept talking. It was like a waterfall, yet instead of water it were just words that seemed to be endless.

He was surprised as the other spoke so directly to him. Malachai was not at all used to people speaking like that to him, with no respect for his status. He frowned softly as he opened his mouth again. "We like greens too" He just muttered in defense, however he doubted his words were heard as Lou now turned to Trent. Sure, it was nice having someone direct them, but he didn't have any political upbringing right? Why did he think he had the right to speak like this? Yet the young boy kept his mouth shut as now the silverhaired boy was pushed forward. He smiled softly as he objected against the assigned task.

"Water won't be much of a problem for the first days as the mountain is covered with snow. It goes down in some little streams, but they grow in power the further downwards. Temperature will be a bigger problem, since it won't be above fifty degrees. The nights will be freezing" The Watercaster entered his bit of information. He tried to recall more, but he had not been paying much attention during the boring conversations. He pained his brain, scolding himself for not listening better before. Absentmindely he reached up to pet the kitten on his shoulder. "High up the mountain there won't be much life at all due to the cold temperatures, so I think it is best to keep moving. Frostbite is not a fun thing and very hard to heal against. Also chances of freezing to death without noticing in your sleep is very dangerous" He stated with a bit matter of factly voice, like a teacher. Even if he didn't mean it that way, it just happened without him noticing.

"There are quite some edible plants around, such as Golden Currant, Clasping Leaved Twisted Stalk, Red Raspberries, Pin Cherry and Holly Grape. However they are hard to find or reach, or in case of Elderberries can only be eaten when cooked, so we have to be careful with that. And who is gonna be in charge of cooking? Since I believe it would be important to not waste our restores unless we really have to" He fumbled a bit with a chain on his decorated buttoned shirt. The water caster was looking back up to Lou again, somehow expecting the other to take charge again. "Also I don't think traps will work, the animals up there are used to the harsh weather and they will probably pick up on our scent quickly. Or be scared of by the sounds we make"

• Love
2wdbx54.jpg

Sorrell turned to look back at him, amethystine eyes wide. "What the fuck are you talking about?" Lou blinked and tilted his head at the demand, not entirely sure how he could elaborate any further about Sorrell's task. "I know next to nothing about being in the wilderness and even less about being a scout. I cannot see how I would be helpful in such a position." And there it was, yet again that shocked expression and quick covering of the mouth, as if the words would have been completely out of the equation; unplanned, impulsive, something he would have wished to take back. The kid looked away, mumbling behind the hand. "S-sorry... I'll be a scout and learn on the job."

Well, Sorrell surely was interesting if nothing else.

"It's fine, I'm fairly sure most of us don't know what the hell we're doing, so you aren't the only one. We'll figure things out as we go. I've been only camping in forests and national parks, nothing extreme like a mountain." Lou tried to reassure Sorrell and gave him a pat on the shoulder he was still holding, before adding; "Always wanted to do something crazy like this, though." And he flashed a cocky smile at the rest of the group.

The Water Caster spoke up then; "Water won't be much of a problem for the first days as the mountain is covered with snow. It goes down in some little streams, but they grow in power the further downwards. Temperature will be a bigger problem, since it won't be above fifty degrees. The nights will be freezing." The black-and-blue haired kid instructed and gave his assumptions, making Lou nod along and let go of Sorrell's shoulder to rub his chin in thought. It was going to be that cold, huh? Well, he had a plan for that and he knew they could survive with ease if they played their cards right. He himself did not have that much to worry about, because he could always manipulate his body to grow a good layer of brown fat under his skin. With that he could prance around naked and not even shiver or get a frost bite that easily. If that remained to keep him warm through the night in his sleep, though, was another question.

"High up the mountain there won't be much life at all due to the cold temperatures, so I think it is best to keep moving. Frostbite is not a fun thing and very hard to heal against. Also chances of freezing to death without noticing in your sleep is very dangerous." The Water Caster stated with a matter of fact voice, reminding Lou a little bit of some of their teachers back at school. He did not mind at all though, so far this one had proved to be the most useful member so far. Knowledge was power. "There are quite some edible plants around, such as Golden Currant, Clasping Leaved Twisted Stalk, Red Raspberries, Pin Cherry and Holly Grape. However they are hard to find or reach, or in case of Elderberries can only be eaten when cooked, so we have to be careful with that. And who is gonna be in charge of cooking? Since I believe it would be important to not waste our restores unless we really have to." He fumbled a bit with a chain on his decorated buttoned shirt, seemingly thoughtful about the whole ordeal. Lou also wondered if any of them could actually cook, it was not that usual to find guys that were good in the kitchen. He himself knew what nutrients kept them alive, but he was not exactly the guy to turn to when you wanted to enjoy the food. The Physical Caster was far too practical to focus on practicing his skills on bettering the taste of his meals. The Water Caster looked back up to Lou again, looking like he was expecting something. What it was, Lou was not quite sure. "Also I don't think traps will work, the animals up there are used to the harsh weather and they will probably pick up on our scent quickly. Or be scared of by the sounds we make."

Lou hummed in thought and started pacing around, thinking. "There might be mountain goats around or rabbits or something. We need to set traps either way, just to try, because we can't manage for too long without food. Who knows how long we'll have to camp out there? And we'll be needing all the energy to climb back down the mountain. Just leave the food scavenging to me, I know how to stay below the wind and hide my scent with magic and all that jazz. I'm a Physical Caster, by the way. Worst case scenario, I can do the Huntsman Spider tactic and simply try to catch the prey and tackle it down... But we'll see where it goes. If there's too much snow, I don't think I can find much plants. It might be too scarce, and I'm not too familiar with the terrain."

He stopped, rubbing the back of his neck before turning to face the group again, looking at the Water Caster. "What's your name, by the way? Sorry, I'm horrible with names... Can you control the snow? We might need to try and find a cave and cover the entrance with snow to keep the harsh weather out and the warmth in, or just make an igloo or something. Either way, I think the cold is going to be our biggest challenge here. Most of us probably--" he stopped and re-evaluated everyone with his eyes again, before backpedaling and changing his wording, "hopefully has packed rations that will last us at least few days if controlled right. Let's see where the girls are camping so they won't run us by surprise. And then there is that nasty rumor..." Lou's expression darkened momentarily with a slight worry, before it brightened again. "But we can all be optimists and lie to ourselves that it isn't true so we can sleep our nights better, right? Good. Let's focus on what we know and what we can do. Is there anything special any of you can do and think is going to benefit us as a group? Teamwork is going to be really important here. Don't be afraid to share now, even the smallest thing could turn out to be profitable. I'm going to trust all of you guys to watch my back, and if you do that for me, I'll return the favor."

@DarkiusHeavenstein - Malachai Dwinaenaene-- I tried

Last edited:
"Yes, good idea, let's focus on the facts we have" Raina couldn't help the grin that split her face. At least someone realized they actually had to survive out there. She watched the girl pace to the opposite end of the bus with a quirked eyebrow. She was so aloof, disconnected almost. She spoke, but it wasn't to them. She might as well have been thinking out loud. "Lisic can patrol as well on ground level, so we have a good view from the sky as well as from the ground. If there is snow, that can easily be used to keep us hydrated at first. But yes having a place to sleep safely and access to water and food wouldn't be a bad idea and should be a first priority."

"
Finally! Someone understands." As far as the dark caster was concerned, up until now everything was said was complete and utter nonsense. Her eyes followed the other line of sight and for the first time noticed her familiar. A spirit caster, interesting. "See if you can get Miss Nickname over there to cooperate. A hunter is useless if she doesn't put her skills to use, and having some idea where to look will keep you from getting lost out there." She would have thought the girl would be willing to help but apparently they assumed this would be a walk in the park and worrying about their health and well being was a waste if time. Just when Raina thought they were getting somewhere, another girl decided to derail the conversation completely and focus on... a game? What was this a cheezy family roadtrip? She rolled her eyes and finally gave up trying to turn their energy towards something productive.

While the Tilda chick or whatever happily agreed, Raina wanted no part in it. She was vaguely aware of being addressed, but if she knew anything from pass experience, it was that nothing good ever came from being addressed as "Your Highness". She scowled and turned toward the window, taking note of the thickening clouds yet again. Low visibility on a flying bus headed toward a mountain? What could possibly go wrong?

- x -
Trent beamed when the water caster admitted to liking the little bundle of warmth,and perked up when he was introduced to the other's familiar. "I'm more of a dog person than a cat person myself," he replied with a shrug. "We mostly used them to catch mice on the farm, but I never seen a water cat before!" He grinned and reached over, marveling at how the water rippled under his touch, but still somewhere felt like how he expectex it feel, like sleek fur.

He chuckled as the laughing boy reiterated their conversation "Yeah, I guess that does sound pretty funny." He wanted to remark further when slow clapping interrupted him and the boy in the beanie stood
"Alright, alright. Don't get too into it, you're killing the audience here." Trent blinked, not sure if that pun was deliberate or if he really thought they were going to kill each other. "No, but seriously, fellas." Okay so he was joking? "How are we gonna do this? Does anyone have anything useful here? Has anyone done any kind of research about the mountain? I just know some basic survival skills in the wild, but that's about it. I don't know anything specific about the mountain or the area itself, or the nasty rumor about something possibly lurking there... So I'll leave that stuff for some of you to figure out. I can find us a place to camp and build some traps and try to see if there's anything to hunt, maybe lure use a nice dinner. Or see if there's any edible plants or something."

He watched as he began pointing and handing out orders. When his orders were recieved, he pouted, "Aww, come on, I wouldn't mind cuddling with you. I bet deep down you're a big fluffy teddy bear just begging for a hug, and let's be honest here, who doesn't want to snuggled in their sleep?" Trent batted his his eyes at the big guy. He was joking of course. Well, mostly. He blinked at the caster standing next to the big guy and his reaction to his own job. He couldn't help but to feel sorry for the poor guy, but it also made him aware of his own lack knowledge of the mountain. Jokes aside, what if he couldn't find timber to keep them all warm? He absolutely hated the cold, despised it like any other self respecting fire caster. Yet, just like that the other turned 360° and suddenly had a confidence boost. He frowned and scratched at the rubber band holding his hair together. Well, maybe there wasn't any sense in worrying over minor details like that until they actually got to the mountain.
He was pulled from his thoughts when the water caster spoke up again and named all the edible plants that they could possibly find. "Hey! The nymph knows stuff! Sweet, maybe we won't die after all." He gave a lopsided grin and nudged him to show it was all in good fun.

"What's your name, by the way? Sorry, I'm horrible with names... Can you control the snow? We might need to try and find a cave and cover the entrance with snow to keep the harsh weather out and the warmth in, or just make an igloo or something. Either way, I think the cold is going to be our biggest challenge here. Most of us probably-- hopefully has packed rations that will last us at least few days if controlled right. Let's see where the girls are camping so they won't run us by surprise. And then there is that nasty rumor... But we can all be optimists and lie to ourselves that it isn't true so we can sleep our nights better, right? Good. Let's focus on what we know and what we can do. Is there anything special any of you can do and think is going to benefit us as a group? Teamwork is going to be really important here. Don't be afraid to share now, even the smallest thing could turn out to be profitable. I'm going to trust all of you guys to watch my back, and if you do that for me, I'll return the favor."

"
Rumor? Whar rumor? I have no idea what you're talking about," he snickered and settled himself completely next to the water caster. "I have some rations but not entirely sure if they're enough for all of us. Kind of just stuffed a bunch of stuff in my bag before heading out. But hey, it's good to know we have someone like you around. Maybe this won't be bad after all?"

O.O. END

Last edited:
1.1. Acolytes' Mount
76bb74c8af04f788ce4836e7cc13fca9.jpg

Acolytes' Mount Valley
Day 1 || Afternoon || High 33°F (1°C) / Low 18°F (-8°C) || 7 mph (11 kph)

It was like a giant beast the way the jagged stone sliced through the land, breaking clusters of trees like algea caked on the surface of gloomy waters. The more they neared the more teeth broke the landscape prepared to swallow them whole. The mere sight of the mountain festered ominous emotions and Raina shifted her weight from her right foot to her left, arms loosely crossed in front of her. Behind the dark caster, the picnic game continued with those willing to play while she watched their approach. She had the confidence fit for a tyrant, but were they prepared to face the challenge before them? It was one thing to talk about and plan, but seeing it for the first time made even Raina double take. Suddenly finding a feather wasn't as simple as it sounded.

Bombarded by winds, the bus gave a shudder and she caught herself on the arm that operated the double doors. Her stomach flipped when she realized they were going in for a landing and, with a curse, retreated to the seat she previously occupied, but not before glipsing another yellow spec on the horizon. Her eyes narrowed, but more turbulence didn't allow time to dwell on it. This was probably the worst part of flying on anything but Batter, at least she knew where they were going to end up and how. For all she knew the self driven bus would nose dive straight into the submit. She pressed herself into the soft leather, trying to think but anything else but the quaking bus and quivering windows, the feeling of her stomach thrusting itself in her throat, only for a jutting rock formation to pop up next to her, eliciting a flinch. The landing wasn't any better. The tires touched ground for a brief moment, the bus lurching, and then again, until finally they were thrown about as the uneven ground caught up to them.

When the bus eventually slowed to a stop, Raina was the first out, courtesy of having the seat directly behind the driver's. Her legs felt like a kindergartener's after spending all of recess on the swings and the feeling was unwelcome to say the least. Then the cold caught up to her. Grumbling and cursing up a storm, she found a rock to plant herself and proceeded to dig out the large coat from her knapsack. It belonged to her older brother, Decland, the fur hood making it appear feminine at first glance but the overall design didn't seem at like a typical woman's coat. Raina didn't care though, she snagged it for it's warmth, not for its looks. The size present an issue, however, as the hem fell mid-thigh. Despite the cold she didn't button it up all the way; she hated the feeling of anything pressing against her neck, zippers and scarves included, a fact Batter exploited in favor of harboring in the soft material and poking his head up from the opening. Familiar behavior was a mystery. They lack a physical presence in their plane of existence and yet acted as if their surroundings effected them. Something no researcher could explain.

She went to close up her bag but what she saw gave her pause. Her eyebrows furrowed before disappearing behind her hairline when she realized a black cap was included with her surprise, and when she picked it up a pair of large ears sprung up from it, white eyes and a cat smile revealing to pointy teeth greeting her. She blushed and shoved the damn thing down into the deepest depths of her knapsack. Damn it, Selene, I said I didn't need a hat!

- x -
Trent was too caught up in showing off his familiar to the water caster sitting next to him, whom of which he was told was Malachai, and picking at the poor boy with the lack of sarcasm to notice the fast approaching mountain. It was until the bus began shaking and shuttering did he catch on to their decent. "That's suppose to happen, right?" he asked, hoping they weren't going to crash and burn. As cool as it sounded, he was rather looking forward to life. His lack of knowledge on flying buses was embarrassingly thin but if the school thought they were acceptable means of travel then surely they wouldn't die, right?

He looked over at his window when he realized rock formations were breezing by and curiously pressed closer for a better look. "
Hey, looks like we're landing in the valley. You don't suppose we'll have te climb the mountain, do you?" He wasn't entirely opposed to the idea, but the thought climbing a mountain didn't cross his mind until just then, which means no mountain gear packed. "Did someone bring any rope? ‘Cause my pack job was more of a rushed deal..." The bus began touching down and the fire caster quickly gripped the seat as the impact popped him up. He hadn't realized how much he had taken the smooth sky for granted until they hit earth and every bump on the way to a stop. He heard the doors fling open in the front, and was aware of their lack of movement, but the blonde didn't move from his seat, not quite ready to travers solid ground just yet. Aside from the slight shake of his hands he was overall okay. Well, at least we didn't blow up." He grinned despite himself.

Last edited:
2wdbx54.jpg

[glow=red][ Acolyte's Mount Valley ][/glow]

The chit chat had been rather casual, despite the looming circumstances and the topic that just happened to be about bettering their survival rate. It was good, Lou had decided, to not to dwell on the negative and try to keep their heads up. He liked the spirit of these guys, as most of them seemed smartly cautious about what was to come but did not let it get the best of them. He just hoped the harsh conditions would not eat them too much. He remembered once taking his brothers out to hiking with him in the close national park, and all his brothers had basically done was complain the whole time about the missing luxuries they had at home. Just because he liked to be in touch with mother nature did not mean that others did, and that one experiment with his brothers had been a good reminder of that. Either way, he had come into conclusion that he had some good people on his hands, and if they played their cards right, they had a good chance in beating the Rosewood girls to dust.

The bus lurched suddenly, making Lou stumble on his feet as he had been standing, and reach on the first thing that he could catch, which happened to be an empty seat's backrest. Once his balance was back again, Lou immediately whipped his head around to see what was going on.

"That's suppose to happen, right?" Trent asked hopefully, insecurity shining through his voice. Lou really hoped that it was normal, too. He had not really done much flying before, as he preferred his legs firmly on the ground. He did not fear flying, he just had very little experience prior. It was not like he had chances to go to a vacation before or anything. "Hey, looks like we're landing in the valley. You don't suppose we'll have the climb the mountain, do you?" The Fire Caster informed the rest as he was practically press his face through the window to see better as the bus started descending. Lou flopped down on the empty seat he had grasped onto earlier, shrugging. It was good that they were landed on the valley, and not on the mountain. When he had heard their destination, Lou had automatically assumed they would be landed high up and would have to climb down. This changed some things, for the better, actually. In the valley their chances in survival was better, it was easier to find shelter and the odds with finding some game was more likely. Though if he wanted to take down a full grown caribou he might have needed something deadlier than his knife. He needed to build weapons along with the traps. Spears, maybe. Those could be a good start.

"Did someone bring any rope? ‘Cause my pack job was more of a rushed deal..." Lou sighed, and shook his head. He had not brought any of his own, which could have been a smart addition, now that he thought about it. But they could always make their own by improvising. Before the red beanie wearing boy could voice this out however, the bus touched down on the ground, and very ungracefully while doing so, making Lou glad that he had decided to take a seat after the first turbulent. His head smacked back on the seat heavily, causing him a little discomfort by the impact. Lou grabbed the armrests and pressed his back on the seat to assure he was as immobile as possible so the gravity would not be bumping him around like a pinball inside the bus. As the bus finally rolled to a stop, the doors flung open in the front, letting inside a cold air current and let the warmth inside escape out.

Trent looked a little spooked as he remained seated, but grinned nevertheless. "Well, at least we didn't blow up."

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." Louis retorted, unable to help the snark escape him as Lieutenant Sarcasm saluted automatically from his subconsciousness, but sounding rather half-hearted with it and actually a bit relieved himself. He clambered up from his seat and picked up his belongings, peeking outside from the window. It looked pretty cold, and if anything could be told by the breeze that was coming in from the door, it did not only just look like it. Lou immediately went through his things, and started putting multiple layers of clothes on himself; couple of t-shirts, a hoodie on top, his denim jacket. He had not packed winter clothes, but rather the type that took little room in his bag, carried light and lasted well. Staying warm was important, and he hoped others had taken the coldness into consideration. Lou could morph his body to endure the harsh temperature, but he was fairly sure others might not be quite as capable in that section of magic, so they had to figure out other ways. Having the Fire Caster around was a good thing, definitely.

As soon as he was done layering clothes on himself, Lou scrambled out of the bus, his combat boots hitting the ground with a heavy thud. It felt almost odd to be on ground again after flying so long. He gave their surroundings a quick once over, before stretching his back with a satisfied groan. The he rolled his shoulders around a bit and stretched his legs. Lou noted how his breath came out with a little puff of steam, and that was rather telltale how cold it actually was.

"Everyone in one piece? Make sure you got all of your belongings with you, 'kay?" The ashen blond called to the rest of his group as he turned to face them.​

@DarkiusHeavenstein - Malachai Dwin'something
@Jakers - Trap Hanamura

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sailor Arti

As the bus ricketed, crunched, and flew into the air, the posing boomeranger's eyes finally fluttered open, and he gave a half-asleep yawn as he looked out the window drowsily. Trap had been - for pretty much all of the bus journey - fast asleep. His face was lazily slumped against the bus window as he snored in his bus chair, his giant boomerang taking up pretty much the whole of the seat next to him. Occasionally, a bit of drool fell from Trap's mouth as he enjoyed a relaxing snooze.

"Ugh... wha- ...Oh! My! God!" He suddenly gasped to himself in surprise as he looked at the bus window intensely, realising what'd happened. Truth was, the whole flying bus thing didn't really phase Trap - it was the fact that he'd seen his hair was messed up via the reflection of the glass window. Hurriedly fixing this awful mistake, Trap adjusted his headband, took a deep breath, and looked back into the reflection of himself with a satisfied smile.
"Phew... there's the hair I know and love. Gotta look good for when they... er... actually probably try to kill you or something? Eh, what am I saying, they'll be all over ya~!" Trap chuckled vainly to his reflection, knowing that he was spouting complete BS, but said it to boost his confidence and self-esteem anyway. Trap's parrot, Lizzie, perched on his shoulder and remarked something along the lines of 'Moron', but Trap ignored her. Unappreciative bird...

Normally, being on a flying bus would phase him somewhat, but this was a guy who'd flown around on a giant boomerang for fun and to look cool. It'd take more than simple flying buses to phase he: the handsome, dashing... and... something... Trap? If anything, the huge mountain just excited him as he tapped his fingers against the windows eagerly, a confident (yet somewhat naive) smile and look in his deep, brown eyes. Heh... with his earth magic, and his trusty boomerang, the rough terrain wouldn't be too hard to get around and survive in - providing his allies were competent. And they looked competent, to say the least.

This was it. Time to show the people what he was made of. Some officials had been extremely reluctant to pick the posing boomeranger for this challenge. This was because, Trap thought, it would be too easy for him - obviously. The challenge was something along the lines of 'grab a feather', which sounded more tedious than troublesome.

As the bus eventually landed, and a blonde boy made a remark about the bus not blowing up, making Trap giggle to himself a little. Man, he was SO PUMPED for this. He'd kind of missed out on the whole 'planning' and 'meeting his comrades' thing, thanks to his laziness. There were a few conversations being thrown around here and there as the bus began to land; Trap kept mostly quiet for now, he'd introduce himself. Giving a large stretch and a final yawn as he got out of his bus seat, Trap grabbed his boomerang, tightened his bandana, and jumped out of the bus with an overly elegant landing, the cold air brushing his hair as he gave a gentle smile to the group.

Ugh... crap! He hadn't really met these people, and a lot of them looked pretty freaking badass. He needed to say something cool... think... think...!
"Wazzup." Trap eventually said in a low tone, grinning half-jokingly. Brushing his hair, Trap stood up, giving his boomerang an elegant twirl. "I can see all of you might be a lil' nervous... but fear not - the courageous, skilled, and handsomely rogueish Trap Hanamura... greets you... or... something...!" Trap spluttered. He cleared his throat, adjusting his headband and standing in a more sheepish position. "I kinda fell asleep on the bus - so I... uh... kinda missed the plans and your names. But don't worry, I'll pick up the names of my new bros as we go, right? And, yeah, don't worry; I know my way around survival basics. Hunting's easy as pie when I'm behind this boomerang, and as if that wasn't enough... I've got earth magic that can make us a friggin' sweet-ass shelter! Cool, huh?" Trap put a foot forward and positioned his hand into a pose for effect. Oh crap... his heart was pounding, he was blushing, and he felt kinda exposed... had he looked and sounded as cool as it did in his head? Probably. Trap's yellow bird perched on his shoulder, rolling its eyes quietly at Trap's introduction.

"Everyone in one piece? Make sure you got all of your belongings with you, 'kay?" Was one of the first questions Trap had heard as he got off the bus. The voice belonged to a tall and fairly muscular guy, a red beanie atop a pretty cool cut of ashen-blonde hair.

"Yeah; pretty sure I didn't break anything; the landing could've been smoother i-m-o. And don't worry, my man... wouldn't forget this baby in a million years." Trap said, gesturing to his boomerang. The boomerang and was pretty much all he'd bought, along with his trusty canteen of cherry cola. Hunting and getting water and stuff would probably be pretty easy... right? "Sweet hat, by the way." Trap added. He wasn't being sarcastic; it was a pretty cool hat.

With that, Trap holstered his giant boomerang onto his back, surverying his others allies that he'd need to stick together and work together with. They all looked like pretty chill dudes; Trap knew an a-hole when he saw one. One of them had a sweet tattoo on his neck, one of them had some bombin'-ass leather jacket on and a charismatic face, one of them had a great taste in brown hair and an awesome panther, one of them had the most fancy-ass (in a good way) clothes Trap had ever seen with bright blue eyes, and there was the muscular and manly looking dude Trap'd already looked at.

Ack... they were all pretty badass-looking. He wasn't attracted to men, but he could still decide that all of them had good looks in some way or another... not as good as his, but still. Trap would need to do well for him to succeed in bringing in the ladies, and showing them what a nice guy he could be- AH! Damn, he was getting distracted by the ladies thing again, wasn't he? Like... shit. He was sort of supposed to be against them, so Trap made another mental note to think about opening fighting moves rather than pick up lines if he found one of the gals'.

"Soooo..." Trap opened up slowly, turning to the distance as the cold air chilled his skin. The terrain was intimidating and new, but his earth magic would come in handy for sure here. It was bloody cold, but his skintight and epic-looking 'Battle Outfit' seemed to be insulating his devilishly handsome body well. "We got any, like, specific plans? Like I said... I s-sorta missed all that stuff on the bus... so if we got a team plan, lay it on me. I can get a good shelter going when we find a good spot, then we can get straight on to finding where this feather's at. Screw just winning - let's break the frickin' record for this challenge, am I right?" Trap said enthusiastically, pumping his fist with a wink as he raised his eyebrows at the others, flipping his hair.

tumblr_n496l3ope51rrfopko1_500.png

[glow=blue][ Acolyte's Mountain Valley ][/glow]

Livi had listened to Raina's words about how she believed the girl's should be planning. She had to say it was pretty smart. Something else she hadn't considered. Of course now that it had been brought up she just kept thinking about it. And while the rest of the girl's played the game, Livi's mind continued to think about how they should prepare. The group still hadn't come to a single consensus and who knows when they were to arrive. To top it all off, they were playing games now. Livi was too stressed to even think about playing. She was starting to give herself a headache. Leaning her head against the window, she closed her eyes, soon, falling asleep to the soft hum and chatter of the bus.

Livi didn't know how long it had been since she had drifted off to sleep, but she felt better. The headache was gone and she wasn't so exhausted like she was before. What had made her jolt awake was the sudden jerk of the flying bus. Her amber eyes snapped open in alarm as she glanced around to see what was going on. That's when she took in the scenery from her window. The peaks of the mountain tips looked as sharp as the blades of her daggers. Nothing about this place seemed hospitable, in fact, she almost felt as if being here was a threat to the place itself. Because of that, this mountain would have no problem swallowing them alive. A chill ran down Livi's spine at just the thought. She thought she was ready to face the challenges that this caster's challenge had proposed, but now she wasn't so sure. Still, she wouldn't back down now, she couldn't. For the sake of her own pride, she wouldn't. Not to mention the fact that like it or not she was here now and there was no going back.

She also caught a slight glimpse of another flying object through the clouds. Seemed like the Evergreen boys were arriving on schedule as well. The bus jerked again, as the turbulence continued as they started to descend. Livi held Kiara closely to her chest. Her familiar being her source of comfort at the moment. Kiara meowed, snuggling up against her, as if to answer her thoughts and calm her down. The landing was more rough has the tires bounced against the ground, launching Livi forward then slamming her back into her seat. Livi winced, squeezing her eyes shut as she silently said a prayer, hoping that they arrive in one piece. Soon the bus came to a full stop and the doors were quickly opened not long after that. Raina being the first one off the bus.

With the doors opening, crisp cold air that chilled Livi to the bone entered in, surrounding everyone in the bus and stealing their comfortable warmth away. Standing up in her seat she placed Kiara down and started to dig through her belongings in her enchanted pack. Pulling out a warm coat and zipping it up, not before sticking Kiara in of course. Sliding on her mittens and ear muffs she too made her way off the bus. The wind blew and Kiara sneezed while snuggled up in her coat. Seemed like the cold wasn't only bothering Livi but Kiara as well. Livi turned around slowly as she took in everything. She was still feeling nervous about the place. "Great, all that's needed now is a sign that reads 'Welcome to Hell' " Livi muttered under breath.
Characters Mentioned:

@Noctis the Devious > Raina

E r i s
V A L E N T I N E

epd_red.png

[ Rosewood's Sky Bus; En Route -- Acolytes' Mountain; Mountain Valley ]

--

She couldn't fall back asleep, the girl had gotten comfy again, settling back into the relatively soft and well-worn seat of the bus. The steady rhythm of the skybus as it drove onward could have usually rocked her to sleep. The redhead could doze off easily, but wake to the slightest stir depending on how sleep deprived she was, and how familiar she was with her surroundings. All the sleep from her eyes had gone however, and she was left wide awake and alert, watching the scenery rush by. A little piece of her was grateful for having been woken early, it gave her time to think of what they would face, and think she did... Her hoodie was drawn over her head, and her eyes were darkened by the bangs that fell into her face. Around her, nothing of note had taken place since they'd started the picnic game. She'd been watching, only half-listening but aware enough to know nothing truly mattered.

While the other girls played their games, scenario upon scenario played out in her head, a thousand outcomes to each based on little mistakes and changes in what could happen. She was wary, and though she knew she may have been hyper-cautious, she felt the need seeing as none of them had really solidified or planned out anything. They were divided, in a place that could crush their bones between it's jagged stone teeth, unflinching and cruel. The thought made the knot in her gut tighten. She felt something would go wrong, because there was too much that could take a turn for the worst, dozens of factors and variables to consider. Then again, her feelings had been wrong before, and the more she thought about it the more certain she became that her premonition of disaster was simply influenced by the paranoia of being locked in with a less than adequate team.

For now, she figured she would play it cool, cool as a refrigerated cucumber. She turned her eyes away from the clouds outside the window and glanced around at the bus full of girls. For one fleeting moment all she could see were tools. At a glance she knew that each of them had their uses, ones they would be able to exploit while camped on the mountain with one another. Eris had always excelled at using people her own endgame, she could place and command should she need to but despite affinity with the Chess master mentality, she'd always hated taking the lead. Eris would do so only when utterly necessary, but her opinions would always be there. As far as leaders went, no one really command her attention the way the Shadow Princess did. Though initially annoying, she did seem to know what she was talking about, and she carried an air of unwavering confidence.

Now if she could direct without the condensing bullshit maybe they'd get somewhere.

Suddenly the bus lurched, as did her stomach. Eris' eyes widened at the suddenness of it. She'd dazed out too much, over-thought and lost herself for a moment. The turbulence continued on and off as the Rosewood girls descended on their target destination. The roux plunged her hand into her backpack, pulling out the items she deemed necessary at the moment, according to the snow capped mountain and the frost that seemed to linger. Eris slipped her gloves and jacket on, before closing and shouldering her pack so that it rested comfortably against the curve of her spin. As she disembarked the bus with the other girls she gave the scenery a good look over, taking note of the frozen dew on the patches of grass, fallen dead leaves and sapling trees.
"Goody goody. I can feel how fun this is gonna be. Can't you? This is gonna be so fun!" She said to no one in particular.

epd_red.png

Characters Mentioned -

@Noctis the Devious - Raina Summers

• Love
Reactions: Sailor Arti
The landing was very uncomfortable in the least to say as the buss they were on shook and bucked in the ice cold wind. Inanimado had taken a tight grip on the seat before her as she watched the hostile mountain doom up from the clouds. It seemed as if a giant had ripped open the earth with his fingers, leaving the pointy trail off mountains behind. She watched the peaks being covered with specks of white and going lower there were groups of dark green. Other than that it seemed death and desolated. She took a deep breath as the bus finally came to a stop, the doors swinging open and Riana was of course out as first. The silverhaired girl quickly grabbed her bag as Lisic followed her into the cold. A shiver going through her as she opened the leather shoulder bag. It didn't hold much things at all, and it didn't need to. All she wanted right now was her woolen cloak to protect her from the icy wind.

Carefully she took it out as to not break the amethist crystals she had inside the bag. Of course all three of them packed in material to protect them, but still it would never hurt to be extra careful. Her violet gaze took in the surrounding some more as she moved the cloak around her shoulders and quickly closed the buckle. Her fingers continued to move down closing the other two buckles so the wind would be able to get a grip on it. The black wool now covering her from shoulders to toes and the warmth immediately making her feel better. She quickly pulled her long strands into a ponytail just behind her left hair as the tail fell over her collarbone to her chest. After that she reached up for the hood, pulling it over her head to fully protect herself against the cold. Lisic happily sniffed the ground, and for a moment the Spirit caster was envious of the familiar that was not effect by the change in temperature. She picked her back up again, hanging it over her shoulder, before turning around so she could see the rest.

Her lips curled up in a smile as Eris left the bus, together with her sarcastic remark. "It is just a field trip, nothing to worry about" She replied softly. Not even sure if her voice was loud enough, yet the puffs of her breath were evident for the fact that she had spoken. So, now they were here, on top of some mountain, and with still no plan at all. This was absolutely not the start she had in mind, yet she hoped this would wake up those picnic game playing girls that they really had to make some good plans. She looked how everybody got of the bus, hoping that no one had left some of their stuff on the bus, because once they got moving, they would not be able to go back. At least not without losing some dear progress. She moved from one foot to the other, 'dancing' in the cold as she tried to keep her muscles warm.

Ina looked around as Lisic had run off towards something and she moved closer to what seemed to be some kind of path. She walked a bit down, it was rather steep, but doable. Though she had no idea where it would take her. She shrugged as she turned back around towards the group. At this point it was most important to just keep moving somewhere. It was not like anyone had a map of the place anyway. "GIRLS!" She called, raising her voice a bit more as she motioned towards the path. Normally she would just walk off on her own, but she knew that right now that would just be suicide.
Page-break.png

As soon as the bus started to shake and shudder the young water caster clinged to the living person that was closest to him. His fingers curling into the clothes of the Fire caster as he looked up with frightened eyes at the remark. He was totally not ready for something like this, and he was not ready to give up his young life as his eyes closed. He held his breath as the bus hit the ground, relieved that they had all landed in one piece as he stayed in that same position for a few moments longer. It wasn't until Lou started moving that he was aware of the fact how stupid he was acting and he quickly let go of Trent. A rather embarassed expression on his face as he averted his gaze and muttered something like an excuse for his childlike behaviour.

Well, landing in a valley didn't seem so bad right? His legs were still shaking slightly as he moved up from his seat. "No, I didn't really bring anything..." He admitted even more shyly. He watched how Lou started to layer himself against the cold as the young Dwin'anea boy just walked out of the bus into the cold. Kissas fluent water appearance seemed to solify a bit as if he was frozen now. For a moment he stood shivering outside, before his body started to accept the low temperature surrounding him. Though his lips had gotten a slight blueish color now, other than that Malachai was rather untouched by cold weather. High temperatures and hot enviroments everybody always seemed to like and love were more a problem for him.

Maybe it was weird, but despite the hostile vibe the place gave him, he felt rather at home. His hands moving to pick up some of the snow as he formed it into a ball. His lips quirking up into a smile as he thought of the numerous snow ball fights they had at school where he could in a very subtle way use his power to change the directions of the snowballs. This made him a very hard target and a rather skillful sniper. However right now they were not at school, they were on a challenge that could easily cost them their lives. "Everything okay here" The young male answered to Lou, before taking in the very beautiful male that had been sleeping the whole ride. How he had accomplished that was still a mystery for the water caster, but it had surely been quite a nice view. The Earth caster almost seeming like an art piece in his eyes.

"Uhm, Sorrell and Lou are our scouts... I have been tasked with searching for water and look for a place to set up a camp of sorts together with Trent" He answered, at least that was what he had still remember of the plans that had been made. He pointed out the members of the group he mentioned as he talked. "If we can't find a good place I have to make an iglo. The snow is at least very easy to work with." He added to this small explanation of the plan. He then remembered the words from the other saying he could make some shelter as well. "It is important that we do not use too much of our powers to make sure that we are not exhausted when we actually need them or something like that. So the plan is to do most of it without using our magic abilities and keep on the look out for the girls" It wasn't meant to come of as if he was reprimanding the other. Yet somehow he did gave off that vibe without noticing it. Simply because he was used to speak towards servants and not hold a conversation with equals. He wasn't conceiting, it was just the way he was brought up so he didn't really think much of it.

"And mister Lou over there," he spoke as he send the snowball flying towards the far bigger male, however with no harm in mind, "kinda made himself the leader of our group." A soft smile lay on his face, for now not minding the other taking charge like that. Everything was better than being in charge himself, yet he was still wary of it. These people were all so... below status. "There is a small stream South East from here" He informed now that he would have the others attention.

To say Zelda enjoyed the game would be correct, as she was ably to list off lots of spicy and some unpleasant food throughout the game and made those that played wonder if she was alright in the head. When she had grown bored of the game, she had closed her eyes and decided to catch some Z's before they landed. After what felt like a few hours, the bus started it rocky decent, which awoke the fiery carrot top from her nap and she had to hang onto the seat she had occupied as the metal vehicle touched down. Once that was over, Zelda got up from her seat to quickly gather her things and ran out after everyone else. The cold hit her bare shoulders but she only shivered a bit as she quickly raised her body temp just a bit to survive the cold as she fished around for her jacket in her bag. Pulling out the blinding red garment, the fire caster slipped it on, being careful of her familiar still wrapped around her neck.

She looked at the others as she waited for them to make a move and figure out what they should do next. She watched the others for a time before the spirit caster ordered them to follow her. She looked towards the white haired girl and smirked, her orange eyes narrowing a bit in delight. "Did you find something, Ghost?" She asked in delight at the prospect of finding anything of use to them in this unknown land. She made her way over to the girl in question, her boots crunching the ground beneath her.

Interaction:

Inanimado - @DarkiusHeavenstein

~~*~~
Sorrell had walked back to his seat to try and hide his embarrassment from Louis and focus more on where he had left off in the book and try to calm his nerves. The romance book did it's job, just as he had intended and Sorrell had calmed down enough to quickly brace himself as the bus made it's decent to land. Why did it have to be shaky?! Once the metal death trap landed, the gravity caster heaved a sigh of relief and rummaged through his bag to find his cold weather jacket.

Once done, he grabbed his belongings and left the bus, Ammy right at his heels. When he stepped off the bus, he heard Louis ask the entire group whether they were in one piece and to make sure they had all their luggage. Grasping his bag, Sorrell nodded and spoke up to the physical caster. "I-I am alright as well, Lou. And I made sure my bag has everything I need." He states, shaking a bit due to the cold air. Ammy barked to show that she was there as well and sat on the ground, waiting to see what will happen to the boys on this endeavor.

Sorrell looked towards the boy with the boomerang and had to laugh a bit at his antics, as he has never met anyone act in such a way before and it was rather refreshing. "If you don't know what to do, maybe you could join Louis and myself as scouts?" He offered to the boomerang guy, hoping that Louis would be okay with him offering another to join them. Though internally he smacked himself for opening his mouth at all. That would have been the perfect chance to get some alone time with Louis and he may have blown it by offering the posing guy with the giant weapon to come with them. 'Someone please end my life here and now!' He thought to himself.

Interactions:

Louis - @Wicked

Trap - @Jakers

• Love
(( I might be gone for a little while because I might become an in patient at a mental hospital. ))

Marion

Marion practically ran off the bus tripping as she reached the stairs. Tumbling down the stairs and to the hard ground Marion rubbed her head grumbling her Familiar right behind her once Marion was on the ground her Familiar helped her up "Thanks Adira" standing she stroked Adira's nose and checked her bag to make sure she had everything. once confirming she had what she needed she moved out further looking at the mountain "I don't think I'm ready" although Marion's comment was said aloud Marion said it to herself breathing deeply she moved her hand from her Familiars nose to her main clutching it ever so tightly.

Toby

Toby sat back in his seat slowly falling asleep when the bus began to shake and it sounded to him like it spitted and sputtered sitting up in some fear he made his Familiar jump Raz jumping up Toby saw that the bus was coming to a stop Toby smiled "At last!" once the doors were open Toby stepped out he knew what what was what for plants he knew his alchemy cooking? no not really his thing potions? yes! Toby was ecstatic to go collect but he knew he was here for survival too. Looking around Toby's words just fell out of his mouth "The girls have no chance in hell."

Status
Not open for further replies.