Status
Not open for further replies.
2wdbx54.jpg

[glow=red][ Acolyte's Mount Valley ][/glow]

Malachai chuckled at Lou's proposition, apparently finding it rather amusing, as he grabbed himself onto a rock to steady himself. The walking was starting to turn more like into climbing bit by bit, the ground rising steadily into a slope the closer they were getting the base of the mountain. "I think that is quite a good explanation actually," the shorter dark haired boy said, continuing, "It is a bit like when you close your eyes, you can still feel your surrounding, right? That is what this water sensing is like. The more water there is the stronger the sense iiihiiis~"

The end of the word turned into high pitched yelp and suddenly Malachai's side profile was gone from Lou's peripheral vision for a second, and before Lou had the actual time to react, the other boy's hand curled into the back of his denim jacket. The momentum of it was enough to make Lou stumble himself a bit backward with a surprised gasp. The only reason that both of the boys managed to remain upright was that Lou had reached out and grabbed onto a bendy branch of a nearby spruce.

"I am fine... I am fine..." Malachai quipped, sounding like he was trying to reassure himself.

"Well, I am not. But hey, thanks for asking!" Lou muttered with a strained tone as he was still holding onto the said spruce. Well, more like hanging on it in an awkward, unsteady back tilted angle while Malachai held onto his jacket. If Lou would let go now, he would fall back on his ass, maybe roll down the slope a few good ten to fifteen feet and crack his skull onto a jutting rock as a bonus. The branch let out wailing creak under the weight. Lou swallowed.

Trent hopped up to them and started inspecting Malachai's ankle. In the meanwhile, Lou looked for a good footing and carefully pulled himself upright -- constantly ready if the branch would finally give in and snap. Once there was no fear of falling to his own doom anymore, the Physical Caster let out a relieved sigh. He turned to look at the Water Caster and Fire Caster over his shoulder, heaving another sigh at the diagnosis of a possible strained ankle. The Dark Caster boy Toby also came over and showed his concern for Malachai. Lou could feel his fingers still curled on his jacket, but he did not point it out in any way. It was most probably for balance due to the twist ankle; it was probably hurting more than Malachai was willing to show, and this realization made Lou respect the Water Caster just a hint more. Not so much of a city boy after all, maybe.

"Can you still walk, pipsqueak?" Lou questioned Malachai with a frown, showing his concern in his own backwards way, and just not to sound like he was growing too soft on him, he added, "Because I'm definitely not gonna carry you, that's for sure." Though if the situation demanded it... he probably was going to. Begrudgingly, yes, but if it came to it, Lou was not the type to abandon a teammate. He just hoped that the ankle would not swell and the tendons were not damaged.

Characters mentioned/interacted with:
@DarkiusHeavenstein - Malachai Dwin'anea
@Noctis the Devious - Trent Brooks
@The Spartan Potato - Toby Newton

img.php

"Good start Miss Inaninimio...." "....I'll just call you Ani."

Well, it wasn't the worse try Inanimado had heard on her name. The nickname she had gotten irked her, but she shrugged it off. She couldn't let them break their tongues on her name right? "Thank you, and I wouldn't mind Ina either" She offered as she was already used her name being shortened like that. She listened to the rest of the introductions and the information that was given. Carefully weighing the other girls opinions.

"Well, let's start searching for a cave then?" She didn't wait for an answer this time. All this waiting was indeed wasting valuable time. However she did make sure she wasn't wandering of to far. Lisic constantly running in between her and the rest of the girls. Seriously, did that thing not get tired ever? She followed the apparently Elk track for a moment, before coming to a stop and turning around. "We could just follow this for a bit? Maybe we find something interesting and if not... we will have to make another plan" The fact that they had to start moving had been brought up several times, yet no one seemed to really be doing anything. So yeah, apparently she had to be some kind of leader person, since someone had to start right? Though she surely hoped the rest would follow, spreading around the place was also not a very good option.

She agreed that building or digging their own shelter would take too much time and effort they could better not spend. They had to be careful, for who knew what was around them. Plus they at least knew that the boys were somewhere on this mountain. Yet who said they were not dropped off at the other end and it could be days before they actually met up? She shrugged at her own thinking as she let her mind wander a bit, including her powers to feel around for what kind of spirits there were. Her eyes giving off a soft purple glow, yet she quickly pulled back on them as she couldn't really find anything interesting.

She pulled up her jacket more, hunching over slightly as it was getting colder. She looked up to the sky, the clouds seeming thicker than before. "Does any of you have knowledge on weather signs? Since it seems like were will be getting snow?" She wasn't sure though, but maybe one of the other girls knew. Otherwise she had at least pointed it out. Being surprised by a snow storm or something was the last thing they could need right now. No, than she would prefer that bear Summers had been talking about.

Mentions: Everyone, Riana Summers in specific
Conversation: All girls, Eris Valentine in specific @Namora
Power/Familiar: Spirit ~ Lisic (fox)
Page-break.png

img.php

"I... I am sorry" Malachai said as Lious words had reached him, yet Trent was moving closer and suddenly there were even more people around them. It made him slightly embarassed as Trent even went that far to take his ankle in his hands. Oh, he had definitely not forgotten those words about blowing off body parts. Yet, before he could protest the other was already healing him. His heart was racing as he didn't want to pull away either, who knew what would happen than? But instead nothing happened, the pain was indeed dulling down. "Ah, yes. Thank you" He said as Toby came up next to the Fire Caster.

The young male gave him a reassuring smile as he took the others hand. He moved himself up and tried to put some more weight on the ankle. Okay, it had not been fully healed. "Yes, it is alright. We are close to the water anyway" He said. If he was not mistaking it would be just around this rock. There he would be able to heal the wound further and ment the muscles better. Not that Trent had done a bad job, the pain was taken away. Though it would be still dangerous to put too much weight on it. What was spraint could easy break if used incorrectly.

Suddenly Louis' voice sounded behind him. God, he would have almost forgotten him as he turned. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to use you like that! I just... grabbed on without thinking" He quickly excused himself and pulled his hand back. His eyes averted themselves to the ground as he nodded softly. "No, I can walk... I will properly look at it once we are at the water" He gave a more determined look as he moved forward. No longer wanting to be the center of attention, though he was grateful for all the help he had received.

His ankle still gave off a dull throb, a sharp jolt of pain everytime he put too much weight on it, yet he kept on walking. If he arrived at the water, he would be able to do something about it. He couldn't let Louis carry him. No, he would not be such a bother and nuisance to the group. He swallowed as he did pay more attention to were he was placing his feet now. Every now and then his breathing hitching for a moment as that pain jolt rushed through him. Yet he was determined to make it to the water on his own.

Mentions: Trent Brooks, Toby Newton, Louis Maddox
Conversation: Trent Brooks @Noctis the Devious, Toby Newton @The Spartan Potato, Louis Maddox @Wicked
Power/Familiar: Water ~ Kissa (kitten)​

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Namora and Wicked
T
rap nodded proudly, pointing to his chest with his thumb when Trent enquired if he'd designed the suit himself. Ha! Finally, someone had described his clothing as 'cool'!
"Heh, yep! Designed by yours truly, to every last square inch. It's hard to find something that properly accommodates this body, so I hired a special tailor to make this just as I envisioned it!" Trap stated, gesturing to himself with a slight, half-joking wiggle. " And I think it turned out pretty good~."

Thankfully, nobody would find out that the 'special tailor' was actually his mother.

He paused for a moment, pushing the headband up on his forehead. He supposed he should sort of focus on the whole surviving in a winter wasteland thing now; enough joking around.
"But, uh, thanks for the offer, Trent. I'll holler if I'm startin' to freeze to death, heheh. Always thought I'd look swanky in a trenchcoat, too!" Trap mumbled, scratching the back of his head with a nervous smile. He wasn't going to freeze to death though - he was Trap Hanamura! In the super unlikely event that he perished, he would die in a much better way...! .....He hoped.....

Trap then turned to answer Lou to show that he'd been listening carefully. "Don't worry about ol' Lizz, boss, she may be a bit of a birdbrain, but she won't be getting us caught!" Trap replied cheerfully, gesturing to the parrot circling the sky. Another girl would need to be pretty close to see the bird, and if that happened, Lizzie would likely spot them and report back. "She can't fly too high without struggling, anyways."

~ ~ ~

More walking followed, and everything seemed pretty normal. Sorrel and Price seemed to be getting along pretty great, and Trap couldn't wait to get a base camp set up. Having a little camp, with drying racks full of meat, and a little fire pit in the middle - it all sounded so cool! Hopefully Trap wouldn't be assigned as a hunter, though. He could hunt pretty well with the boomerang, but...

Abruptly, the water caster took a tumble, almost taking Lou with him. Ouch. Trap winced a little as he watched Mala get back up, his ankle clearly damaged; the fall looking pretty painful. Hopefully it was just a sprained ankle, and not a torn ligament. He would've headed off to help somehow, but thankfully, Trent was on the job - healing him with... fire...? Man, that guy got more epic by the second. And to be honest, Trap probably wouldn't have been able to help, anyway. He could do a little first aid, emphasis on little, but that was about it in terms of wound care.

Although Lou seemed a bit disgruntled, Mala was eager to press on - so overall - crisis averted! Although the water caster did still look like he was in pretty bad shape as he walked. And... well... Trap thought Lou was being just a little harsh, but he kept it to himself. He didn't want to look weak, or fall out with the alpha male of the group so quickly.

Trap swallowed, before clearing his throat and moving to walk beside Malachai. Perhaps Trap could help the water caster take his mind off the pain by doing what he did best: talking!
"Yowch, that looked painful! I always used to sprain my ankle when I used to play football, so I know how much it sucks." Trap mumbled, walking at Malachai's pace. Then again, maybe he always sprained his ankle so much because he was shit at football.

Trap walked for a few more steps, looking at the ground for a moment before he talked again. "You know though, that reminds me..." Trap walked a little slower for a moment, seemingly remembering memories, as a small smile appeared on his face.

"So, funny story. I was fourteen, the kind of age I was just starting to get the hang of Earth Magic. They thought I was ready for some proper training, so, they put me in my first sparring match - it was against some Fire Magic user the same age as me - but I was super scared of getting burnt." Trap explained, talking in a more quiet and serious manner than usual, so people who didn't want to listen could easily ignore him if they wished.
"So, I thought to myself: 'if I get to the high ground, maybe his fire won't be able to reach me.' Eventually, the bell rang, and right at the start of the fight, I tried to create a huge pillar of earth under my feet so I could get super high." Trap paused, shaking his head and chuckling to himself.

"Unfortunately though, my balance sucked, and I fell off the pillar almost instantly. They had to pull me out before the fire kid even made his first move, because I'd messed up my ankle pretty badly. That was how my first ever duel with someone went. ...Man... everybody thought I was such a klutz after that..." Trap mumbled. A faint smile appeared on his lips, and he pointed to his chest with his thumb like he usually did. "...Bet none of those people who saw me fall off the pillar would expect me to be here where I am now, though! Just goes to show you can pull anything back, right? So even if we mess up at some points, we're all gonna get through this whole thing, and come out smiling. Ain't no ankle gonna stop you, me, or anyone!"

Trap paused for a long while, realising how much he'd gone on. God knew what the others thought if they were listening. He had a feeling at least one person wanted to punch him in the face. But, more importantly-

"D-Don't tell any of the girls about that, though! Not that we're going to be talking to them when we fight them! Or talking them to at all! Just... eheh... heh... heh... okay, I'll shut up now."

~ ~ ~

Trap walked in silence with the others for a pretty long while, until the sound of running water was audible in the distance. That trickling... captivating... soothing... and a sign that he could perhaps stop wasting time walking and get on with doing some stuff! Yahoo!

Pausing to make sure he wasn't just hearing things, Trap came to the conclusion that they'd all finally come to the river. Chances were, the others could hear it, too.
"Hear that? Definitely sounds like river material to me, heheh! Great work, brudda'!" Trap happily announced, playfully patting Malachai's shoulder. The water detecting thing sure had worked - and saved them a ton of time! Perfect! Now it was time for him to...

Then again... Trap supposed he'd wait for the others' judgement and plans, though - particularly Lou's - before he went running off to the river like a child going to a theme park.

Zelda Fenrir...

Zelda listened to the other girls in the group, silently trying to figure out what to do in this sort of situations. She only knows about deserts and areas with hotter weather than this, so she was at a loss for what to do in this sort of environment. She heard what Raina had to say, and she was wondering if this girl knew what it was she was talking about sometimes. Following the water meant that they didn't have to search for it, and sometimes water lead to caves. Caves... now that was something that made the fire starter shiver a bit. She headed back to Marion a bit and placed a hand on her shoulder.

@The Spartan Potato

~~*~~
Sorrell Edelstein
Sorrell smiled as he listened to Price talk about the surrounding area they were in. It was nice to learn about where he was and some of what could grow where they were. He had hoped to hear more but the subject quickly changed to the familiars. He looked at both familiars and smiled at the sight. So the bucks name was Tsuri. Very lovely, like it's visage. Putting a hand on the galaxy wolf, Sorrell smiled more than before. "This is my beloved Ammy." He states, earning a happy bark from the wolf. There was a small commotion from ahead of them that caught Sorrell's attention and drew it towards the few boys ahead of them. He sent Ammy ahead of himself and Price to go check on the other boys ahead. Ammy made her way to the other males, easily moving around the others and stood next to Louis. She barked at him a small, high pitched bark in question at him.

@Wicked
@Zackymas

• Love
Reactions: Namora and Wicked
At this point, Shira closed her book, and looked up. Slight surprise crossed her face as she realised her scenery was significantly different to the last time she had looked up, and she was a little embarrassed; she had been walking essentially on autopilot and completely ignoring everything until now. "Um, I'm not very good at meteorology, but... we're on a mountain, so shouldn't we expect the worst? That way, if it's not a blizzard, then it's a pleasant surprise, right? Rather than expecting rain and ending up knee-deep in hailstones." She had taken in more of her surroundings now, noticing in particular the slightly lower area they were standing in, that had much whiter soil than the dirt on either side of the trench, and many oddly rounded rocks. "Excuse me! I think, if we walk this way," she gestured to her left, "then we'll find a cave. This is an old river bed, and by the looks of it, one whose water had been flowing underground prior to creating this river." She shivered, hoping it wasn't visible. "And given this... climate... I think we'll find some food in there, hiding from the cold."

Conversation: All girls
Power:
Gravity

Reactions: Namora
tumblr_n496l3ope51rrfopko1_500.png

[glow=blue][ Acolyte's Moutain Valley ][/glow]

It seemed like one thing about this group of hers is that they were a talkative bunch. Livi wrapped her arms around herself and Kiara as she shivered in the cold. She honestly didn't care what was decided as long as a decision was made soon. They needed to make a camp yes. But they needed to start moving because Livi would freeze her ass off otherwise. And while she was positive all the girls in this group were individually brilliant in their own way, she didn't feel like coming up with all the different scenarios and having a debate against the pro's and con's of each decision with them. She wanted to find someplace warm. Then they could talk they're little hearts out. "Um, I'm not very good at meteorology, but... we're on a mountain, so shouldn't we expect the worst? That way, if it's not a blizzard, then it's a pleasant surprise, right? Rather than expecting rain and ending up knee-deep in hailstones." Livi knew that she didn't know everyone but she didn't recognize this girl either. And they had just gone through introductions too.

"Excuse me! I think if we walk this way," she gestured to her left, "...then we'll find a cave. This is an old river bed, and by the looks of it, one whose water had been flowing underground prior to creating this river." she paused for a moment, "And given this... climate... I think we'll find some food in there, hiding from the cold."

Say no more, Livi was already walking past the group and heading off in the direction the girl had pointed out. "Can't hurt to just go and take a look," She muttered, "You guys are all wonderful but if I stand here any longer my ass is gonna fall off from the cold and I don't know about the rest of you ladies but I would prefer my ass stay attached to me," She said a bit louder, addressing the rest of the ladies. Kiara sneezed again from within her coat. Deciding against sticking her head out due to the cold. By wrapping her arms around herself, she was also holding up Kiara and keeping her from slipping out of her coat.
Characters Mentioned:

@Karakui - Eidos Shira

(interacted w/ everyone)

Reactions: Namora

2wdbx54.jpg

[glow=red][ Acolyte's Mount Valley; Near a Riverside by the Base of a Mountain ][/glow]

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to use you like that! I just... grabbed on without thinking," Malachai said and quickly withdrew his hand away, releasing his tight knuckled grip from the Physical Caster's jacket, and shyly diverted his gaze to his feet, "No, I can walk... I will properly look at it once we are at the water."

Lou tilted his head a bit as he watched the kid move forward, mulling what Malachai had said in his head. It was not like he had actually minded being grabbed on for support or being used as a human crutch. But it was typical that people misunderstood him for the harsh way he tended to speak. For some reason people tended to think he was always annoyed of everyone. But for their defense, he almost always was, so he was in no actual urge to try and correct anyone. So he just shrugged and continued their climb up the slope.

He watched as the guy who was even taller than him, Trap, hurried to walk side by side with the Water Caster and launched into animated talk. The discussion however seemed rather one sided, as Trap appeared as the type of guy who really loved his own voice and babbled on so fast that it seemed almost impossible for anyone to be able to pitch in anything in-between. It was so funny to follow from the back that Lou could not help but snort in amusement with a shake of his head. However, the Earth Caster's voice was soon enough tuned out into a casual background noise as Lou focused on other things; making sure the ones hanging back would keep up, pay attention to the ground to avoid stumbling himself or warn others in time if he noticed anything that could be considered dangerous, and just overall keep his eyes and ears open if the ruckus they were making would attract something... Something that might be hungry.

The galactic wolf Ammy barked at him, catching Lou's attention. "Oh, hey girl. How ya doin'?" He smiled and reached to ruffle the familiar by the scruff, sending stars flying. The fur that the wolf was draped in seemed warm, and he had to admit that he was a bit jealous of it. "At least one of us keeps warm easily, huh? The rest of us have to work for it."

And like on cue, a gust of chilling wind passed by, making Lou shiver so violently that his teeth chattered together. He really needed to keep moving. "Come on girl, let's go before I turn into a popsicle. And I don't think I taste very good, so I would make a bad popsicle." He patted Ammy's head with a smirk, turning to look behind him at the few casters that were hanging back of the group. "Come on, guys! Especially you, Sorrell. Put those short chicken legs into work. This is why you should never skip a leg day."

The tall boy was smiling wryly, so that should be the indication that he was joking. He turned around and continued up the slope, feeling his muscles burn after awhile again under the strain. However, the slope eventually settled and they were soon walking on rather flat grounding again, or at least flat enough that it did not feel like he was climbing at the same time he was walking. Trap had stopped ahead with Malachai, announcing that he could hear water. The news made Lou's mind fill with relief, and he jogged to the two to catch up.

"Great work, guys!" He said and clasped Malachai briefly on the shoulder with a firm squeeze as he walked past them. "Let me check ahead, we might have competition. Wouldn't want to walk in on a bear or something else that might be settled there."

As he was further away from others, Lou sucked in a breath and concentrated his energies, body and mind. He enhanced his senses, giving himself the qualities of a canine. His hearing and sense of smell grew beyond human, and for the few first seconds he had to stop just to stand there and breathe, because it was so overwhelming. All the sudden scents made his head dizzy and the sounds were almost too loud to bear. Even his own footsteps sounded like gunshots in his own ears. So he needed a moment to get used to them all.

Once it felt like he did not want to clasp his hands over his ears or pinch his own nose, Lou started moving again. Now he could also hear the river, almost so well like he would be standing next to it himself, even if he knew for a fact that it was still further away. The wind carried scents with it that told him stories about what was ahead; more spruces, some shrubbery, an up dead dried pine, wet earth, the smell of a small herd of Tahr that had been here about twenty minutes ago but had probably heard them and ran ahead. There was a sound coming from upwards like something was scratching the wood, and as Lou looked up, he spotted a Red Panda looking down on them from its branch. At first glance the mountain had seemed completely lifeless and alien, but he realized that it was not the case. In actuality the whole place was filled with life if he just stopped for a moment and listened. The animals were just more careful in the harsh conditions, and the boys were loud enough that everything within five miles could probably hear them.

"...I--" Lou started over his shoulder but physically winced at the loudness of his own voice in his ears. "...Ow, I forgot for a second how fucking sensitive my ears are." He muttered in embarrassment and tried again, "I can't smell or hear anything hostile ahead, I think it's safe to proceed." Lou announced to the others and turned around to walk ahead again, keeping his magic up for awhile just in case. At least nothing could sneak up on them until they were by the water. But then again, the guys were about as quiet as a herd of elephants in a china shop, so their loudness might distract Louis from hearing the potential threats. After all, successful predators knew how to be silent before an attack. The animals here had probably never encountered a human in their life span, so they might try their luck out of curiosity.​

Characters interacted with:
@Cybermoon - Sorrell Edelstein

Characters mentioned:
@DarkiusHeavenstein - Malachai Dwin'anea (LOOK I GOT IT RIGHT IN ONE GO LET'S THROW A PARTY)
@Jakers - Trap Hanamura

Last edited by a moderator:
embed.php
top-divider-detox-spa-retreats-california-purple.png

Dark Caster || Bat Familiar || Acolytes' Mount Valley
Mood: Irritated
Interaction: General
Mention: Cereise Valentine - @Namora || Zelda Fenrir - @Cybermoon || Eidos Shira - @Karakui || Dakota Snow - @Misaou

elegant-purple-md.png
Raina was just about to head up along the game path herself when another of the girl's pipped up something about a dried river bed and a cave. "Great, shelter and food. But we still need to gather materials to cook the damn food and water because dehydration is a thing unless someone was thoughtful enough to bring a pot with them to boil snow in. So let's split up. One group follows the game trail and the other goes and investigates the cave." She honestly thought it was pretty naive to assume there was something just waiting to be eaten. This way, they had a chance to gather up some kindling, scout out the surrounding area, and hope there some dry wood around. Otherwise any wood found on the ground here wouldn't burn too well until it had the chance to dry out.

The dark caster glanced up at the sky and wagered they still had at least four hours of day light left before an early night took over. "I want to take a look at that cave, and Livi might as well come with me, but someone needs to head up that trail and check it out. Cerise, you seem to be all for leading, take a couple of the girls with you, preferably Zelda since she seems to have an idea of what's she's doing. Whichever you decide to do, I'm leaving now." She didn't much time for people to reply before heading off in the direction of the cave. Too much time was spent standing around talking and planning already.

The rounded stones crunched under her sneakers but she didn't pay the sound much mind. Raina wasn't one for doing things quietly and if anyone, or anything, wanted to confront her about it they were more welcomed to do so. The cave was further down the way than she would have liked but it was there just as the bookworm predicted. The opening wasn't exactly gaping, a littler more than a foot taller than Raina and wide enough to march in three abreast, and just like the rest of the mountain, it failed to welcome them warmly. Her blue-purple eyes narrowed but she barely waited to take a step forward. They didn't need to go that far in really, the large rocks nearby perfect to house a fire, but something about the cave made her skin crawl. Something just wasn't right.

elegant-purple-md.png
embed.php
opt_vsgfx_divider_image2.png

Fire Caster || Will-o-Wisp Familiar || Acolytes' Mount Valley
Mood: Cautiously Optimistic
Mention: Trap Hanamura - @Jakers || Malachai Dwin'anea - @DarkiusHeavenstein || Louis Maddox - @Wicked
line-divider---brown+(2).png
Trent kept an eye on the water caster as he tested his ankle. He knew he wasn't the best healer around but at least Malachai looked as if he could support himself a little better.

"
Can you still walk, pipsqueak?" Lou pipped up. "Because I'm definitely not gonna carry you, that's for sure." He frowned at the bigger male, not sure if he meant to come off as... stern as he did or was simply trying to recover from the brief moment he spent suspended with the only thing preventing a tumble being a tree branch. Even so, Malachai was further flustered and quickly assured Lou it didn't need to come to that. The news of water was at least good to hear. His attention was pulled away from the water caster, however, once Trap caught up to them and began talking about his own experience with sprained ankles. Trent q uirked an eyebrow at him. No offense to the Earth Caster, but he didn't seem exactly out out for the sport.

Luckily for both of them, Trent was given time to state his thoughts before Trap continued on with his stories. He figured there were meant to take Malachai's mind off his ankle, but the guy was just too interesting to ignore.
"...Bet none of those people who saw me fall off the pillar would expect me to be here where I am now, though! Just goes to show you can pull anything back, right? So even if we mess up at some points, we're all gonna get through this whole thing, and come out smiling. Ain't no ankle gonna stop you, me, or anyone!"

"
Amen to that!" Trent grinned, just to laugh when he mentioned something about telling the girls. "Sorry man, but I think they'll be more interested in showing ypu up. Female Casters are vicious! I should know, I lived with two of them." He stopped when they came within earshot of water and looked at Lou curiously when he once again made the first move. He stood there awkwardly for a moment before sneaking another glance at Malachai. He wanted to make sure his ankle was alright, it healed right, but he also didn't want to overwhelm the other with concern. After a moment, Lou called back, his voice cutting off before starting again. Did he enhance his senses? That was a nifty trick! And one that would come in handy on this challenge.

"
Good to know," Trent called back, tredging on ahead. It was a shallow stream than anything, the water gently trickling over the pebbles thst made up the bottom. It at least looked clean but water could be weird. So while they wanted for Malachai to do his thing, he took the time to steal some rest and seated himself on a nearby rock.

Last edited:
WARNING: Arachnids. All the arachnids.
embed.php

Mood: Fuck Off
Mention: Zelda Fenrir - @Cybermoon || Eidos Shira - @Karakui
elegant-purple-md.png
"We'll find a cave, she says," Raina growled, summoning up another stream of shadow quills to pierce the darkness of the cave. "We'll find some food, she says." More figures scatter under the assult, and in the same breath, a mass lurched itself at the dark caster from the stone wall. Without second thought, she switched spells and threw up a single spike manifestion, skewing the eight legged fiend mid-air. "Do these look edible to you?!" Of course, when the girls made the conscious decision to split, their fire caster went up the elk trail, leaving them without a way to see into the darkness. It wasn't a problem for Raina, who had open communications with the looming shadows, but for everyone else they were lucky to see their hand in front of their face. Well, if they were as deep into the cave as she was. Closer to entrance wasn't as bad.

The skewed spider's spindly leg gave a twitch and Raina made a face. "Because I sure as hell won't be frying that thing up." Though, the fact there was a cave full of jumping spiders was more than a little disconcerting. Normally they hunted solo and while it wasn't unheard of, it wasn't exactly common for them to attack humans. Everything about this scenario was unnatural but this was a nice little cave they found and who knew how long it would take to find another. One question did remain: how many jumper spiders shared that sentiment? She huffed and continued her attempt at driving them deeper. Maybe they could seal them in since driving them out wouldn't be any easier. Now only if they didn't fight back.

Preoccupied with chasing a couple away with some well aimed shadow quills Raina nearly overlooked another large thing leaping for her and just barely managed to throw her arms up. The force of impact sent her sprawling over a rock jutting out of the cave floor and knocked her flat on back with a pair of swollen fangs snatching at her neck. The only thing keeping them from succeeding in reaching her being her arm firmly planted against the straining form. Several legs clawed at her coat but the material didn't exactly provide a good foot hold, something she was thankful for as she struggled to get the creature off of her. Her eyes snapped shut and, taking in a deep breath, summoned more quills to pierce it through. The spider shrieked, actually shrieked, and tried to escape with a good portion of its exoskeleton shredded. Another malestorm of quill manifestations and its head was ripped clean off. "I'm about this close to fucking off to the opposite side of this mountain!" she snapped, climbing to her feet and dusting off her coat.

elegant-purple-md.png

embed.php

Mention: Malachai Dwin'anea - @DarkiusHeavenstein || Louis Maddox - @Wicked
Trent wasn't sure what to do with himself really, between his lack of knowledge on shelters and a hurt Malachai, he felt a little useless. At least he managed to get a fire going so they wouldn't freeze to death. "So, building a shelter, how does that work exactly? I mean, I guess we need walls and a roof, and materials to do so, and I can gather them if need be..." He stuffed his hands in his pockets and bounced on the balls of his feet. Louis had lead a couple of the other boys away to scout and as much as he wanted to go, he also knew they needed a fire lit. Besides, he felt kind of bad for being unable to completely heal Malachai's ankle.

He looked around idly. It was a nice, flat area they picked and it was at least defendable with large rocks on one side of them and a forest on the otherside. The babble of the stream could be heard from a short distance away so they also had access to water if they needed it. So far things were going rather smoothly for them. All they needed now was a solid shelter to survive the night and they were good to go. He even had some rations with him so even if they couldn't find food for the night he had the cover on the front as well. "So, do you guys really think there's a demon out there? I mean, supposedly the thing is huge! You would think something like that would be easy to find out here. I mean, it's kind of peaceful and demons are destructive and stuff. You would think there would be broken trees and things on fire or something. You know, just for effect."

Last edited:
Zelda Fenrir

Zelda walked along the trail with Cerise, following the paths that were fresher than the ones found earlier. Though she had hoped to stay close by to her little Sugar, she would just have to cope with being apart from her and work together with Sunshine, also known as Cerise. Looking at the redhead, Zelda smirked a bit as she took in her physical form and smirked, liking what she saw. Moving a bit closer but not so much to invade personal space, Zelda decided to start the conversation. "So what is a little cutie like you gonna do once you graduate, Sunshine?" She asked, deciding to start off with something simple and easy to talk about. Loki rested on his perch around her neck, sticking his tongue out every few moments to "taste" the air around him and his mistress.

Interaction(s):

Cerise ψ @Namora

Mentions:

Dakota ψ @Misaou

~*~
Sorrell Edelstein

Sorrell looked at his surroundings as he followed Louis through the area they were in, looking for food that they could cook and also make rations of. He hoped that they would like the food that he would make, though also prayed that he wasn't the one in charge of skinning and gutting whatever they caught. Sorrell usually got a bit squeamish at the sight of a lot of blood, but that could have been due to his slightly sheltered upbringing. He was still annoyed that Louis called him short just a few minutes ago. He was Five feet, seven inches for heavens sake. He was not that short compared to the physical caster. "Not short..." He would mutter, followed by "I'm just slightly average." But he figured that the tall boy didn't hear him. Rolling his eyes, he watched as Ammy walked between the two of them, sniffing around to see if she could be of any help. He smiled a bit, glad that it was due to his beloved familiar that he had the opportunity to at least talk to his crush and not sit on the sidelines like before. Reaching a hand out, Sorrell scratched a bit behind the ear that he knew the galactic wolf loved dearly and set about to spoil her just a bit as they walked.

Mentions:
Louis ℘ @Wicked

[BCOLOR=transparent][ ooc - I did a quick sketch in paint to give an idea of her backpack. The link is below. Don't judge me please xDDD ][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]E r i s[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]V[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]A L E N T I N[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]E[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Acolytes' Mountain; [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Mountain Valley[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]

Eris followed the trail alongside the orange haired Zelda, her eyes wandered to the wilderness and treeline, and darted to the floor. When she spotted something of note, she inspected.

The red haired girl followed the path, picking up branches and slender sticks. They were cold, but it seemed that it hadn't rained in a fair while. At least two days. Probably more. Her pile started as a small handful, and continued to grow as she stack up. The girl also took care to pack a tight packed ball of moss, namely Old Man's Beard in one of the pockets of her bag. It was the perfect kindling, and it would be worthless hanging off trees if the weather took a turn for the worst. She prioritized the little things, when they needed fire wood, trees wouldn't be difficult to knock down or cut up. Not for her.

Thinking as she went along she couldn't help but not that Raina seemed pretty set on the cave, and though she was doubtful on the idea, Cerise hadn't ever been the type to argue with unyielding stone and deaf walls. Though she'd tried for awhile when dealing with her family's head. He was... less than kind to the bastard girl, and she knew he kept her around because she might prove to be convenient one day. She still bore her highly regarded family name because she proven capable, exceeding many of her family members. Being better was the only way to justify her existence.

Her tendency to relentlessly beat their half-wit, full blooded heirs in the tournaments between then pissed them off, and she fed off of the looks of shame, wounded pride and hate that consumed them when they looked at her. She knew that, had Cerise been born when her mother was married to a luxmancer worthy of her family's name, rather than her true father she would be highly regarded. Praised and envied. Instead, though Cerise could toss her kin around while she was half trying, it didn't matter. She wouldn't amount to anything. The girl had no place in the light. And the shadows rejected her.

Too dark for the light. Too bright for the darkness. No place to belong except the one she made for herself.

"So what is a little cutie like you gonna do once you graduate, Sunshine?"
A voice broke her out of her deep thoughts and recollections, and she realized she'd been staring off. She looked over at the other girl and then glanced at the ground. She understood that she was just trying to start a conversation, but she'd hit a sore spot. Eris just smiled for a moment, an almost bitter smirk.
"...Hard to say, honestly. I hadn't given it much thought... no. Wait that's a lie. I've given it so much thought that my brain has reached a point of confusion." She chuckled and looked over at the girl before explaining, "Where I'm from we usually don't have to plan. There's one guy who looks at his little chess piece-- I mean, family, and picks where they go. What they do. Who they do... I've never taken well to that."

She let honestly slip just then, just slightly. After all, this girl was no one to her family. Her knowing just how done she was with the politics didn't matter in the end. Plus, it would feel nice to talk to someone, rather than keep it all in.
"Me, I... Well, I might just wander. I have a sinking feeling I'd be good at it." She looked up at the sky, peering at it through the canopy of tree branches. The girl sighed lightly.

As they'd walked, she had continued to gather and her pile was becoming cumbersome to carry. She knelt and tied the long sticks together with twine, as she did so she glanced up and smiled amiably up at the girl, figuring she'd burdened her enough with a vague reality of her situation, "What about you, sweetheart? Do you have your future mapped out?"
Her hands knotted the hanging straps of her backpack to loop together and hold up the twine itself. It was out of the way, and that was something. She stood and shouldered her backpack again, waiting with mild interest to hear what her companion had to say. Zelda had listened so politely, and Eris figured she owed as much to her.

--

[BCOLOR=transparent]Characters Mentioned -[/BCOLOR]

Zelda Fenrir - @Cybermoon
Raina Summers - @Noctis the Devious

Price Green
Familiar: Tsuri (Buck)║Nature Caster

Price looked everywhere around, spinning his head like a loosen screw. Tsuri made him snap out of it headbutting him in the leg, Price had even forgotten he got Tsuri out of the bag for it to stretch his legs. "Oh… sorry buddy." Price muttered as he kneeled to pet Tsuri's head. Price was more than glad with this place, there was a forest close which meant that the conditions -as he hoped- weren't enough to ramble nature down. A fire had been set close, to which Tsuri approached carefully, as touching it wouldn't do any more good than freezing to death (For him). Price followed closely.

"So, building a shelter, how does that work exactly? I mean, I guess we need walls and a roof, and materials to do so, and I can gather them if need be..." Price heard Trent ask.
"Er.Well, pretty much we have to make an structure that will give us some protection against possible threats, such as weather and stuff, oh and in this case, girls. And yeah, walls and a roof would be a good start, I can help some using magic to make roots vines grow in that fashion, but it'd be weak against fire unless we enhance it with mana, which is very costing. If we got an earth caster, we could combine both elements to make a very solid stand." Price said in reply, he was concerned by this, if he recalled correctly, they had an earth caster, the guy with the funny clothes and a giant boomerang, and he had gone to scout with the others. "I could make something up real quick to give us some protection until the guy with the funny clothes comes back and we can make something stronger for everyone to rest in. Or I could add some extra effort and use some of those big rocks over there. But something we have to do asap is to get stuff to keep that fire running, don't you think?" he added, looking down to the floor and kicking the snow. He wasn't really close to the flame, a part of him would him better if that thing was just to shut down, but he couldn't let his fears get the best of him, as much as he hated it, that fire was going to help them stay on foot against the conditions, and it could also serve them to make a meal. "Er, I'm no doctor but...You might want to splint that." Price added, looking at the water caster's ankle.

Price took Tsuri and put him in his bag again, he just feels safer having the little guy next to his body. "So, do you guys really think there's a demon out there? I mean, supposedly the thing is huge! You would think something like that would be easy to find out here. I mean, it's kind of peaceful and demons are destructive and stuff. You would think there would be broken trees and things on fire or something. You know, just for effect." Trent spoke again. "Well, demon or not we'll have to deal with something big, fellow." Was Price's only comment. Right after that, he remarked on the shelter topic as he took a dry branch from the ground and threw it to the fire. "Well, how are we going to do it then? Should I raise some stuff now? I mean, we can't just wait here and feed the fire until the others come." He finished, pulling some seeds out of his pockets and playing with the in his hand.

Interactions:
Malachai- DarkiusHeavenstain
Trent- @Noctis the Devious

2wdbx54.jpg

[glow=red][ Acolyte's Mount Valley; Scouting the Forest, South-West from the Mountain Base and the River ][/glow]

Everything seemed to be running smoothly so far. A little bit too smoothly, if you asked Lou. There was only so far their luck could get them, and sooner or later they would run into some kind of hiccup. And for that, he was already mentally preparing himself. Karma was a backstabbing bitch. The scales ought to balance out sooner or later.

He had asked few of the boys to stay behind in the camp area to get things going, namely Trent, Price and Malachai. He had tried to make Trap also stay, because his Earth magic would come in handy for them in shelter building. But the moment he had mentioned scouting the area, Trap had started acting like a very loud, very excited puppy about picking him into the scouts. Lou had chosen him begrudgingly just to shut him up. He would have liked either Malachai or Trent to come with them instead, but they needed Trent to mind the fire and mind the Water Caster, since Malachai sprained his ankle before. But at least they got Price, so maybe the Nature Caster could make himself useful in the camp in Trap's stead. Including Trap, he had taken Sorrell with him as originally planned already in the Sky Bus.

Before leaving the camp site, Lou had picked up a promising looking Maple tree. He had circled it around, and looked for a long branch that should be straight enough. Once he had found one, he had cut it down (well, tore it down with brutal force), carved its other end clean and the other end sharp with his knife. By the time he was done, Trent had had the camp fire up which was appreciated. He had taken few minutes to fire harden the wood's sharp end, rubbed a little plant oil on it and carved it sharper again. Within less than half an hour, Lou had created a very basic fire hardened spear that was a little shorter than him in height. It would serve for hunting and defense, and support for a walking stick while walking long distances. It was not pretty, but it would do its job.

As the three of them hiked, Lou could hear Sorrell muttering something under his breath that sounded bitter, but he could not pick out the words. Not anymore since he had disenchanted his hearing back to normal, at least. Now his right ear was ringing, though it was fading away already, and his sense of smell was fucking up a bit still. For the past half an hour or so all he could smell was burnt rubber for some reason, but thankfully that was now fading away as well. Even when he used his powers just a little bit there was always some kind of backlash, unlike the other Casters with familiars who could do their basic magic in little amounts without much of a care. It really made Lou jealous of their familiars that really made their lives easier with magic. But hey, at least he was born with the magic gene, he could have been born without. So it could be worse. And what Lou had learned, everything could always be worse.

He put some of his weight on the maple spear as they climbed up a forest slope, eyeing everything around himself from wood types to plants visible from the frost. Thankfully the air was clear from pollution here, so it gave a good ledge for the hanging moss to grow from the trees as it is very sensitive. As they walked, one could see the tall boy reach and pluck out the moss from the trees and stuff it in his pockets. Lou was the type of guy who liked backup plans; in case Trent was not around or was too weak to perform for some reason, he could use the moss for kindling and make the fire himself. Keeping the fire up was very important, and Trent had to sleep sometime, too.

A flash of something red in the undergrowth caught Louis' eye, and he backpedaled few steps, peering into the direction. His expression brightened when he recognized the plant that had survived the frost. "Lucky! I found me some twistedstalk. Hold on guys, I gotta collect this."

Louis took out his pocket knife and set the spear to lean against the nearby pine as he kneeled down to collect the edible parts of the plant; the juicy red berries and the shoots. Once he was done, he took his spear and walked up to Sorrell, offering him one of the berries. "C'mon, have a bite. They're really sweet, and the shoots taste kinda like cucumber. 'S real nice." As to show the Gravity Caster that he really was not trying to poison their chef, Lou bit down into one of the shoots and chewed, staring at Sorrell expectantly. "Probably not as nice as your fine meals at home, but beggars can't be choosers, aight? Just try not to eat too much of them... They have bit of a laxative effect in large amounts. Let's just say that I learned that the hard way once."

The Physical Caster grinned and patted Sorrell's shoulder, and then carried on walking, offering one of the berries to Trap as he passed the guy. He kept chewing on the shoot, enjoying the refreshing taste while he hiked. With bit of cheese it would be perfect, cream or gouda... Too bad they did not have any in these parts. If he would have known they would be in an area with twistedstalk growing, he would have packed some himself. He should work seeing into the future more.

"Keep an eye on the undergrowth, guys. There might be edible berries around that the frost hasn't claimed." He said over his shoulder at the two, the shoot poking between his teeth and jumping up and down while he spoke. Meanwhile Lou just wanted to get higher up for a better view on the landscape, and maybe being lucky enough to spot the girl's camp. "...Maybe I should climb a tree?" He muttered out loud and peered at the pines, wondering if he could climb them successfully.

@Jakers - Trap Hanamura

Characters mentioned:
@Noctis the Devious - Trent Brooks
@DarkiusHeavenstein - Malachai Dwin'anea (I still got it!)
@Zackymas - Price Green

img.php

Malachai had smiled up to Trap, when he had had giving his sympathies. He had wanted to say something back, but honestly there had been no way to get between the other. So fast and so much as he was talking. The young water caster nonetheless smiling and listening. Trap just tried to be nice and distract him right? The problem was it didn't really distract him from the dull throb in his ankle, but the story was fun. He always liked listening to others, definitely when they were enthusiast about something. There was a certain sparkle in the eyes than, an expresion that he could never bring out in words. He observed the Earth casters face, yes he could see it there. "Nothing is gonna stop us now" He confirmed, before Trent had chimed into the conversation.

He had not even noticed Lou disappearing until the other came back and said something about sensitive ears. Could he enhance his sense? That... was something he had never heard off. Then again he had never had much contact with those who were not from his family. The Water Element was strong in their blood, so much that those who did not carry it were mostly seen as less worthy. So, he had always been happy to be able to interact with others at school, but his shyness mostly came in the way. Or others were weirded out by him, another reason he was so happy these boys just had accepted him in their middle immediately.

They had indeed reached the water not much longer after that and Malachai had of course been the first to reach out to the icy surface. It was cold, but clear and most importantly it was clean. As soon as he had given the other the news that the water was drinkable and listened as Lou divided the group into two, one to stay here, one to go scouting. Mostly it was the same as what had been discussed in the Sky Bus as well. Not much later it was just Trent, Price and him. He looked a bit helpless as Trent asked about the shelter, he had no idea. Even as a child he had never build tree houses or things like that. Just a waste of energy and time, his parents had always told him.

"Trap, you mean Trap" He said softly as the other mention 'the guy with the funny clothes'. He knew it wasn't meant in a bad way, but still it was better to call someone by his name right. "I could work somewhat with the snow, so we could have something Iglo like?" It wasn't much he could offer as Pice brought his attention back to his ankle. Not that they were standing still and he was not putting any weight on it, he hardly felt it. There was still a dull throb, but it was easy to ignore. "It is swollen too much, so splinting it would not really work" He muttered as he now said down on the one of the flat stones. He carefully took of his shoe and sock to take a better look at the ankle, not caring much for the cold nor the fact that his toes had an eerie blue tone to them.

He swallowed slightly as the subject of demon was brought up again. "Maybe we have just not reached its territory yet? Or maybe demons have hibernations as well" The idea of a demon hibernating was stupid, but he just didn't want to give it too much thought. He reached out for some snow, pushing it against the swollen ankle. For a moment he shivered, though it was not from the cold. The snow slowly melting on his skin as he pulled on the energy of the water. It seeped under his skin, healing the sprain further. It was not really Trents fault that it had not healed completely. Due to their powers being eachother opposite his body had naturally objected against the warm energy and thus rejected the full healing potential.

Kissa momentarily pushed up against his arm, before the cat jumped away again. He was playing happily in the snow, with no care. Malachai smiled and shook his head a bit, before he looked up at the two other males. "My ankle should be fine in a bit. Let's start with the vines and keep the fire going indeed. And hope the other find some usefull stuff" He smiled softly as he took another hand of snow and pressed that against his skin. Repeating the same treatement as before as he let the water seep against his skin, the energy flowing underneath it.

Mentions: Lou, Trap, Trent, Price
Conversation: Trent Brooks @Noctis the Devious ~ Price Green @Zackymas
Power/Familiar: Water ~ Kissa (kitten)​

Last edited:
◦•●◉ Aɴɢᴇʟɪᴄᴀ Oʀᴄʜɪᴅ
Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Trail/Mountain Valley || Wɪᴛʜ: Zelda - @Cybermoon | Eris - @Namora || Mᴏᴏᴅ: Tired
The young nature caster walked off the bus, but she wasn't one of the last people off. All she had to do, was follow the other girls, right? Right. There was no problem at all when it came to following the other girls to their little camp, or, what should be their camp. If anything, she was more concerned if guys would surprise attack them. Sadly, the whole 'don't hit a lady' rule doesn't apply here. Gods, how easy it would be if it did. There were three others staying behind to clear up something that could be used as shelter, and two other girls who were scouting by the looks of it. One was trying to start a conversation, and the red head looked as though someone hit a nerve with a mallet.

Asides from that, things looked pretty.. nice? It was chilly up there, and her animal hoodie was at least enough to keep her warm. She was wearing a more thicker dress underneath anyways. Besides, they probably have a fire user here, so she could just huddle by the warm fire later if she needed it. The mountain range was nice, a good view of the stars at night if it weren't cloudy. A few flowers growing at the cliffs here and there, and a good view of any forest that may be in the vicinity. She could probably collect some plants for later, god knows if you would need them, and they would be good. She could easily manipulate them and mutate them if needed, since well, that was something that anyone that was a nature caster could do.But for the time being... Might as well go do SOMETHING productive. Approaching the two females, Angelica decided to clear her throat, almost in an attempt to get their attentions. "Erm.. I'll be joining you two." She stated. Wow, nice way to introduce yourself. A breeze hit her face, and it didn't feel too bad. At least, if not for the already chilling climate up there. Yes, the view again did make up for it. She was thankful, for being out and being able to see the vast sky from up close. She even got to see the sunset nicely. Her owl familiar was perched on the head of the rather drowsy looking girl.

Attachments

• ae7a65126acb43f592a5fc3af7ee4972.jpg
    ae7a65126acb43f592a5fc3af7ee4972.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 256
tumblr_n496l3ope51rrfopko1_500.png

[glow=blue][ Acolyte's Moutain Valley ][/glow]

Why she got stuck finding a camping location instead of scouting Livi will never know. She was fairly good at scouting. At least, she would like to think so. She was also interested in possibly running into the boys and having a little showdown to show them what's what. She was tiny and she was nimble. Obviously positive qualities of a scout. She also had a remarkable memory. She could totally be an asset to Eris and Zelda. That's right the few people she actually got along with were sent away without her. What? Psh! She totally wasn't upset about the fact that she was stuck in a group with Raina and Shira or anything. She barely knew them, what would she have to be upset about right? She would only have to endure being around the demon princess, uh, Raina and her pissy mood swings, uh, mood shifts? Nothing too hard right? She totally wasn't only wishing she could be a scout because she could maintain her sanity around Eris and Zelda or anything. Her facial expression shifted to a pout. Not that anyone would've been able to see it anyway. She was stuck, in a dark and damp cave with two people she barely knew.

She felt the familiar tingling feeling in her hands and the sudden warmth as the electricity she channeled bounced around on her skin and became focused in her palms. She heard it coming because she couldn't see. Quickly snapping into a turn on her left side she clapped her hands together, the charged energies colliding into one chain of lightning that struck the large spider that was on her side. She liked to call that move 'thunderclap'. Yes, she was aware she had a bad habit of naming her moves, even some of the common ones. She didn't care, she liked the names of her moves. She thought herself pretty creative. This darkness was becoming quite the nuisance so Livi closed her eyes and focused on channeling her power through her eyes instead. See this was a little trick that lightning users could do. By channeling their magical energy through their eyes instead of their hands or something, they could electrically charge their eyes. Livi used this to help her see in the dark like how cats could easily see in the dark.

When she opened her eyes again they were glowing. The amber color of her irises could no longer be seen but instead, it looked like her eyes were glowing completely white. She suddenly regretted doing this though because there were a lot more giant spiders around than she had originally thought. Now, Livi wasn't exactly terrified of spiders but she wasn't exactly a fan of bugs. So being in this predicament just made her groan more. Of course, she would be stuck here doing this. She could've been with the other group god knows where. But no, she was here fighting giant fucking spiders. "Fuck my life," Livi mumbled to herself as she reached under her skirt and pulled her two daggers out from her thigh holsters. The runes on the blades began to glow as she started to focus her magic there instead of using her hands. Soon electricity danced around the blades as well. She lunged forward towards the creatures, quickly but gracefully. Always traveling on the tips of her toes to help her move faster. It was almost as if she was dancing around the creature instead of just fighting. But there was a method to her madness, she was defending herself from its attacks while at the same time searching for an opening. When she would see one she would quickly strike, slicing the creature here and there till finally stabbing it in its weak area and charging her electricity through her blade, shocking the hell out of the creature in return. It almost sounded like it was screaming as it hissed and squealed before finally dropping silent.

"I'm about this close to fucking off to the opposite side of this mountain!" Raina growled not too far from where Livi was. "You can say that again," Livi chipped in. She really didn't want to be stuck in this damn cave surrounded by spiders either so of course, the others wouldn't as well. If they were gonna just keep coming this wasn't a good place to set up camp.
Characters Mentioned:

@Noctis the Devious - Raina Summers

@Karakui - Eidos Shira

@Namora - Eris Valentine

@Cybermoon - Zelda Fenrir

Last edited:
Zelda Fenrir

Zelda listened to Eris' reply and helped as much as she can with gathering firewood, her fire magic heating up the wet wood she picks up and drying it out before adding it to the ever growing pile that they had going. She felt bad for the light user and placed a hand on her shoulder, a smile placed on her face. "If you are gonna wander, Sunshine, then you should wander with me. When I leave the school for good, I am going to travel around the world before taking up the Chieftain position of my tribe. You can even join if you don't want to return to your family." Zelda states, her smile growing to show that she was very much offering the truth to her offer to Eris. As they continued on, Zelda heard the sound of a rather soft voice coming behind her and the light user. Turning to look, Zelda caught a glimpse of a tiny girl she didn't even notice had come with them. "Well, hello there, little flower." Was all she said to the small girl.

Interactions:

Eris Ψ @Namora
Angelica Orchid Ψ @Nano

~*~
Sorrell Edelstein

Sorrell was surprised when Lou had offered him some wild food to try. The Gravity Caster eyed them with a bit of distrust until Lou showed him that they were safe to eat. Taking a berry, Sorrell placed it to his mouth and bit down, savoring the juiciness of it and finding it better than any of the sweet confections he had grown accustomed too in his upper lifestyle. He was about to ask to try the shoot when Lou told him and Trap to keep an eye out for more berries and continued on. The white haired boy followed the taller male until they were walking side by side and he heard his comment. Sorrell thought about it and looked towards the male with shining purple eyes. "If you want, I can help you float up the tree's or go up myself to see more of the landscape?" Sorrell offered shyly, wanting to be of more use to their designated leader.

Interactions -

Louis ℘ @Wicked

Mentions -

Trap ℘ @Jakers

embed.php

Mood: I did a thing!
Interaction: Dakota Snow - @Misaou
Mention: General
elegant-purple-md.png

Raina huffed and dusted off her coat. While the spiders were numerous they weren't that hard to drive back. If they were lucky, they could even collapse part of the cave to trap them in. In her mind, it was a surer way of gaining shelter than spending daylight wandering around hoping to stumble across something more convenient. It was at least worth a shot. She pelted another spider with more shadow quills and switched her spells back to the spikes, but this time summoning a whole of them and sending straight into the rocky ceiling. The rock cracked, dirt and dust trickling down. She withdrew them and evaluated her work. The integrity was ccomprised with cracks spidering along the rigid surface but at first glance the damage looked small enough to be controlled. The dark caster took another deep breath before dismissing the spikes, allowing the wisps of magic to linger to reshape them. They curled and grew until they took on the form of two meaty fists. She grinned and turned toward her demolition partner, the unfortunate lightning caster stuck with her. "We may need to take a step back for this," she remarked, already jogging toward the cave's entrance. Her hand found Livi's wrist on the way and she tugged her along, but didn't actually leave the cave, merely stood in its mouth for a front row seat.

Freeing both hands, she turned toward her idle spell and threw them up. The two fists collided with the top of the cave with jarring thud Raina felt up her own flesh and bone arms. While it didn't hurt it certainly wasn't a pleasant sensation either. She shook it off and refocused on lowering the magic manifestations only to realize the they were kind of jammed. "Well crap. Now they're stuck," she grumbled, yanking on the connection she had with them. She could hear the echoes of the shifting rock but having distance between them made it hard to see what was going on. "Come on
" she growled. She finally just slammed her hands into the ground and both fists retreated but not without a thunderous crash. Dust spewed out in the open making Raina shield her eyes from it. The moment it settled she ran in to check the damage and snickered. "Hey, not bad if I say so myself." The wall of stone was in fairly deep, leaving them enough room to set up camp without having to worry about the creepy crawlys, even if a couple remained but they could be easily disposed of.

Left a little out of breath from her little deed she reach for the water skin on her utility belt and a took a quick drink from it.

elegant-purple-md.png

embed.php

Interaction: Price Green - @Zackymas || Malachai Dwin'anea - @DarkiusHeavenstein
Mention: General

Trent listened to Price and Malachai's input on the matter and couldn't help the snicker when he referred to Trap as "the big guy with the funny clothes". Trent personally thought they were neat. A little impractical for this climate but nothing too ridiculous. "It doesn't have to be fire proof," he said thoughtfully. "We do have a water caster after all. An igloo? Thst sounds kind of... cold." No offense to Malachai but the fire caster wasn't too keen on sleeping in a block of ice. What if his dripped on them or something? He shuddered and instinctively pulled his trench coat tighter around him.

"May be if we used some sticks or something and reinforce those with roots, you wouldn't have to use as much energy. As for using the rocks, can't we just build it up against them? The shelter I mean. Kind of like lean it against it like a kind of of pre-built wall?" He scratched at his head, wondering how effective it would be. It sounded decent in theory, but it would need to be wide enough for all of them. Not that he minded cuddling, but that could get real awkward real fast.

"
Er, I'm no doctor but...You might want to splint that." His head snapped back in the direction of Malachai with widen eyes. Wait, did he need a splint? The water caster simply smiled at them and waved off their concerns, not physically but by redirecting the conversation back to their course of action. Prince went on to say his oppinion on the "demon" and agreed with Malachai about gathering materials.

"Alright, if you say so." He made a mental note to keep an eye on him in the mean time. "How about Price and I take turns retrieving materials while you sit and rest?" He wasn't comfortable with just leaving a wounded by himself even if they don't necessarily need to go that far to do what they needed to do. He also didn't know how much they'd need so if he fell short at least Prince could pick it up from there. He didn't wait for any objections before going off to find some fallen logs of some sort. Something sturdy enough to make a proper skeleton.

Just finding thick enough branches laying around wasn't exactly easy but did manage to find a tree with a broken branch hanging off by a few splinters and some bark. He tilted his head and summoned up some condensed fire, shapping it into a crescent sharp before launching it at the break. It fell, and then got caught on the branched underneath it. Of course. He shook his head and jumped for the lowest hanging branch he could reach, barely able to get a good enough grip on it to pull himself. Now straddling it, he was left lightly panting from the exertion. Oh come on, I used to climb trees bigger than this. Damn city made me soft.

Trent shook off the thoughts and proceeded his climb upward. What he did not expect was for a brown streak to zip by his hand and make him loose his grip on the branch, sending plummeting a couple of heart stopping feet. He thankfully caught himself on another branch and was left to dangle there breathing heavily and with heart desperately trying to break out of his chest. Damn squirrels. Or maybe that was a chipmunk? Either way, he'd have to start his climb all over again, and for one stubborn branch too. He Snickers a peek in the direction of camp hoping no one saw that and proceeded upward. He was at least more successful in obtaining the branch the second time around.

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]E r i s[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]V[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]A L E N T I N[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]E[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Acolytes' Mountain; [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Mountain Valley[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]

The other girl helped her with collecting wood as they walked on. The girl spoke of her uncertain future, and much to her surprise she felt the palm of the other girl rest comfortingly on her shoulder. Their paced slowed slightly, and Eris' eyes widened in surprise as she looked over at the orange haired girl, "If you are gonna wander, Sunshine, then you should wander with me. When I leave the school for good, I am going to travel around the world before taking up the Chieftain position of my tribe. You can even join if you don't want to return to your family."
She was smiling as she spoke, and Eris could feel the sincerity in her voice. Her tone was edged in sympathy. Eris wasn't much of a fan of pity, but she figured she'd let too much bitterness show and she couldn't blame the other girl. It was human nature to look down on those less favored by fortune. Honestly, the offer was surprising, and kind... of baffling. The two of them weren't well acquainted with one another in the slightest. What kind of person would just offer to be both company, as well as a place to go to a complete stranger...?

She felt stricken and awed. There was a strange respect flowering in her mind of this girl, though there was a note of caution alongside it. Generosity always came at a price... Looking at the offer itself, she probably wouldn't take it up, but having an option, and someone willing to put it on the table made a world of difference.
"I... Thank you." Eris gave her a weak smile.
Suddenly, from behind someone with a distinctly feminine voice cleared their throat
"Erm.. I'll be joining you two." Both she and Zelda glanced over their shoulders back at the smaller girl. Eris raised an eyebrow at her tired appearance, and the ever charismatic Zelda greeted her warmly, "Well, hello there, little flower."
Eris smirked warmly at her in greeting, "Welcome to the party... You know, you don't have to hang so far back. There's no need to be shy. I don't bite... hard." She said teasingly, turning her eyes forward.

--

[BCOLOR=transparent]Characters Mentioned -[/BCOLOR]

Zelda Fenrir - @Cybermoon
Angelica Orchid - @Nano

[ ooc: @Jakers bro I'm just gonna assume you're dead until proven otherwise. Also, @Namora you know what to do bae. c; ]

2wdbx54.jpg

[glow=red][ Acolyte's Mount Valley; Scouting the Forest, South-West from the Mountain Base and the River ][/glow]

"If you want, I can help you float up the tree's or go up myself to see more of the landscape?" Sorrell suggested in his shy way, but amethyst eyes shining with eagerness. Lou glanced at him, munching on the shoot in thought. It could work, if anything went by trusting in Sorrell's capabilities as a Gravity Caster. Lou had never seen the silver haired boy in action that he could recall, and he would like to witness his skills at some point. Being able to manipulate gravity opened all kinds of possibilities, and Lou could not help but wonder if Sorrell could "fly" whenever he wanted to. If Lou would have had his powers, he would be kicking back a lot and floating in the air, you know, just chilling because he could. But on a far sight, it was good that Lou wasn't born with the said skill; it would have made him damn lazy, and he would have refused to walk anywhere. He would probably be either really fat or skinny twig for having atrophied muscles. Or maybe really fat with atrophied muscles. Double the trouble, triple the action. (Though at that state he would never have any action. He was ripped as hell now and he still had no action. He started to wonder if the problem wasn't with his looks, but rather his personality...)

"You know, how about you float up and do just that. Tell me what you see, observe a little. It should be easier for you than for me, even if I'm good at climbing trees if I just modify my nails into claws. I wanna see you go Superman anyway." Lou smirked at the other boy, the shoot jutting upwards between his teeth. "Now be cool and make me swoon, kid. Just don't get left behind, okay?"

Lou chuckled and continued forward, walking by the wall of a rock that was growing from a mountain, high and pretty much unclimbable as he observed it. It seemed reckless to even try, so he made the instant judgement not to. Getting injured over stupid stuff that could be avoided with common sense was not on his list of things to do. The solid rock wall continued like this pretty much straight forward a good fifty yards or so, and what he could see from here there was a sharper turn by the end of it, kind of like a corner of a building, but more sloping. He wanted to scan the mountain base first, to find some higher ground they could climb on to safely and get a better view of the area they were in. There was only so much one could see from the treetop, as the rest of the trees would obscure your field of vision from that angle. They needed to get higher, above the trees for a better view. Maybe they could spot a valley that bigger game would be grazing in herds. He really wanted to have some meat in his belly, even if he did carry the beef jerky in his bag. But Lou wanted some good roasted meat over open fire. All of them could do well with the calories and energy to keep themselves warm.

As he approached the end of the rock wall, Louis glanced over his shoulder at the guys to see they were keeping up, and if Sorrell had flown up to the tree or had given up on the idea and was following them.

Characters mentioned:
@Jakers - Trap Hanamura

Status
Not open for further replies.