Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I guess it was alright too. I was just grabbing dangerous missions for my clan before some Occult Research Club at some school mysteriously vanishes into thin air. Same old, same old," she speaks, "I have plans for a run-on-the-mill battle. Something I have very often."

Just then, something odd was seen descending downwards. It seemed to be some strip of cotton with... it was an Ittan-Momen. On it was a small emblem that read 'Hyakki Yagyo'.

"There you are, Ibaraki-doji-sama," it spoke.

"Ah, Ittan-Momen. I see that someone got a little worried. Don't worry, I was on my way," the oni maiden replies, then turns towards the maiden. "So, what is your name anyways, or rather, names?"

Lairen & Sairen
The two exchanged glances briefly as the smaller woman talked. Her clan? Which clan? Their answers were soon answered as an odd thing came down, addressing the woman as Ibaraki-doji. The name sounded familiar, but they didn't bother trying to remember.

"Sairen."

"Lairen."

The two answered, their words muffled by their masks.

"Interesting," the oni maiden, known as Ibaraki-doji, spoke, "siblings I presume? You both seem pretty close."

She turns towards Ittan-Momen for a while, "as for you, I need you to inform the others that Murasaki Kagami - Purple Mirror - has returned, and our midnight mission is to exterminate her for the umpteenth time. This is the umpteenth time, so I believe you know the drill."

"Yes ma'am," with that, the Ittan-Momen flew off.

Kenta remained on a bench nearby watching his child-like master speak to a girl. At the sight of a new yokai appearing, he did not move, instead, studying him. He didn't seem to be bringing trouble, and at any rate, Ibaraki-doji was many times stronger than any yokai he'd ever seen. If he was trouble to Ibaraki, he would be trouble for Kenta. His hand remained on the handle of his katana at his side, but nothing eventful happened, and he just folded his arms, watching her dismiss him. He couldn't help but feel like he was watching a child at the park, and he was the adult. The reality was vastly different from the appearance. When she left the slide area, he got up, quietly walking along behind her. Apparently the purple mirrior was a problem again. He waved to the two demons that had appeared, and turned to Ibaraki-doji. "It's such a pain... can we not find a more permanent solution?", he sighed, but smiled. "If you want, I'll go take on the mission... between you and me, I'd much rather stay with you, Ibaraki-chan. I've grown tired of dealing with them, and I'd much rather watch you." He crouched next to her. "It's been somewhere over six-hundred years and you are still cute as a button. I probably have another couple hundred years left in me... we haven't done anything major in a while. Maybe that will change. I wish nothing bad upon the world, but before I go I want to do something important. If not, I'll be satisfied with serving you peacefully.", he shrugged. "Anyway, Ibaraki-chan... do you think I look like a creep or a dad like this?", he folded his arms, and looked at the twins. "What about you? Do I look creepy or friendly?"

Name: Koji and Sakura
Clan and Species: Shihaku Clan, Kirin
Interactions: Lairen and Sairen (@RaineSensei) and Ibaraki-Doji (@Crow)

Looking around the twins looked each other in the eye and then returned to look at their surroundings. At the moment they were both wearing red velvet cloaks hiding their ears, horn and tail. Even though they thought they might get away with their ears and their horn by saying that it was cosplay, they couldn't explain the smoky tail so the twins decided against going out without their velvet cloaks. Unfortunately for them they did not have a pure human form, despite the ability to change forms between their pure Kirin form and their semi human and semi kirin form. The air was slightly chilly for themselves and they couldn't help but tug a little tighter to have the cloaks cover them a little more. As the pair continued their way through the crowed they came across a park and the female halfling looked into the park noticing a small trio of rather curious looking creatures. ...Oniichan...? Hai Imouto...? Don't those quite exquisite creatures look rather mystical...? The male looked over at the trio and nodded slowly. Indeed Imouto... You are indeed quite right.... They seem to be yokai... Shall we... No. Do Not interrupt on their conversation Imouto. Nodding her head slowly she looked back and noticed the particular pair that were quite similar. both wore masks over their mouth and the two of them both had a colour coordination similar to them with blacks and reds. Noticing the female was staring rather intently at the trio, the male looked over and noticed the pair as well. Even if we were to go ahead and introduce ourselves... How do you propose we would do that-

A sudden gust of wind appeared and pushed the twins hoods from their cloaks off their head revealing their horns and ears, furthermore lifted the underneath of their cloaks and their smoky red tails were revealed. Quickly looking at one another the twins shared a brief bewildered glance at one another and before any human eye could notice they quickly covered their ears and horn again and patted the bottom of their cloaks making sure that their smoky red tails could no longer be seen. Oniichan… We must look so strange to the others around us… We must look strange to many different characters my dear Imouto. Chuckling softly the twins looked at one another and then looked over at the trio again. Shall we leave Oniichan? Shaking his head the male looked at them. I am sure that they saw that Imouto… We must not be rude and not introduce ourselves… But how we do that I am not entirely sure. Sighing the male then looked over at the trio and then slowly made his way towards them. His black and white gothic styled clothing revealing themselves ever so slightly as he came forwards and his crimson red eyes stood out against his pale complexion. Come Imouto. Not turning around to look at his twin, the male continued to walk forward and heard his sister come following behind him. Looking over at the trio he gave a small bow and his silver white hair could be seen underneath the hood of the cloak.

"I pardon the way that we stared before… We were unsure on wether we should introduce ourselves or not…"
His younger sister with the same features as himself gave the slightest curtsy he looked at her and she spoke softly as she normally did.
"Please pardon us for such behaviour."

((Sorry it tok so long~ It deleted itself right after I was about to post~ ^^;;))

Ibaraki-doji had an odd look on her face in response to Kenta's words. "Yea- yeeaah... that'll be a little tough to decide. Anyways, I wish there was a more permanent solution. Tsukumogami don't really die, just enter a state of immense hibernation. Urban Legends probably seem to die harder. I seriously wonder what her glass layers hide."

Kenta crouched towards Ibaraki-doji and speaks. Ibaraki-doji then puts her shoulder over the big bird and rubs his head with her other hand. "Oh you. Well, there's a classic, big guy. Absolute flattery. I'm usually good at decisions, but I guess I just can't decide on some things. The mysteries of life, the mysteries of you, and the mysteries of me, they are all interesting, aren't they?"

Just then, a gust of wind blew not too far away, revealing a pair of humans with rather noteworthy yokai traits. Ibaraki-doji recognised these traits as the grand beast race Kirin, or Qilin. They both introduced themselves.

Ibaraki-doji turned to the duo. Usually she's smack her own face with her palm due to the oddly excessive number of yokai appearing, but she smiled, because she believes in the classy tale that Kirin were omens of fortunes, much like black cats in the East.

"Another set of twins. Today is a lucky day for me. Maybe a little too lucky. What are your names, young Kirin?"

Reactions: EternalMusic
Lairen & Sairen
The two were about to answer the new and odd person, who was assumed to be a subordinate of Ibaraki-doji. She certainly knew quite a few odd demons, but that was to be expected. Just then, they caught sight of another two yokai, seemingly twins like themselves, and their yokai features. It was evident that the two were Kirin. It was interesting for the both of them to see another pair of twin yokai around, yet at the same time, they felt a sense of rivalry for no apparent reason. The Komainu twins adjusted their masks, making sure it covered their faces properly.

As the other set of twins came over, Lairen and Sairen both gave a brief glare at them before softening their looks. The two Kirin seemed to get along and were polite, much unlike the Komainu twins, who argued and bickered frequently. Lairen took and interest in the twins, this being his first time being interested in another yokai, and decided to speak.

"Yo~ hey, you guys are pretty cool. Let me--," he began before getting elbowed in the gut by his sister, who already knew what he was going to say.

"Lai, shut up please. Your unnecessary comments aren't needed."

"Ouch! Sai! That hurt!"

"It was supposed to hurt, idiot. Now silence."

"This isn't fair, I'm the older one!"

"Lairen. Shut. Up," Sairen said with a glare that could kill, causing her brother to immediately quiet down with a sulky face. "I apologize for my brothers rudeness. He was going to ask to touch your horns."

Reactions: EternalMusic
Name: Koji & Sakura
Clan & Species: Shihaku Clan, Kirin
Interactions: Lairen and Sairen (@RaineSensei) and Ibaraki-Doji (@Crow)

Looking at the Oni looking female the male twin bowed softly and spoke in a dignified tone, from the corner of his eyes he could see the intrigued look on the female twins face as the other two twins bickered to each other not very softly he might like to add.
"My name is Koji... A fine pleasure to meet you.... I do fret that I do not your name..."
Looking at the female, Koji tilted his head to the side ever so slightly and looked at the female oni with slightly curious eyes. Imouto... You should introduce yourself... Ah yes Oniichan... The whole time the twins spoke Koji did not turn away and only when her sister gave the smallest cough that his attention turned to his twin.
"Sakura... That is my name... It is also a pleasure to meet you all..."
Looking at all three of them Koji watched as Sakura gave the slightest nod to each, the hoods that were on their heads were not staying on very nicely but the twins were used to pulling down at their hoods to hide their ears and horns. Their red cloaks rustled softly with the wind that passed and the two did not look at each other as they communicated using their abilities. What do you think Imouto...? I think nothing much Oniichan... They do not seem to be hostile or anything of such... Indeed Imouto... Shall we leave after this...? It would be rude to leave in mid conversation Imouto... Hai Oniichan... Also where else are we to go...? Hai Oniichan... Silently talking to one another they did not speak, Koji's gaze returning more often to the oni female and Sakura's gaze returning more often to the bickering twins. Thinking to herself she noted the names Sai and Lai into her memory bank for further notice.

Looking at the pair she wondered how it was possible for them to argue at such ease with one another, Koji and herself rarely ever argued and they rarely ever found themselves speaking in such manner. Although they had been hiding away not being able to learn the way that humans speak now. Their mannerisms and speech seemed slightly outdated as they noticed, Koji and herself used to go out all the time in their cloaks and no one payed a single bit to their outfits but now when they wore their outfits it seemed that every eye turned to look at them. Neh... Oniichan...? Hai Imouto? Do you believe there is a way... That we can... I know what you are thinking Imouto. But there is not. I have thought about it for the last couple of years since we started to come out again into the human world but as of yet I have found nothing. I see... A slightly disappointed look came over her face and Sakura looked past the twins and the oni girl to behind them allowing her thoughts to wander to other trivial matters.

((Is it alright to place the images like that?))

Mission: Provide Medical and Supply Aid to Squad 5 in the Kanagawa Prefecture
Squad: 6
Commander: Kyokotsu Guren
Kyokotsu.PNG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why must they always scream? It ran... it ran... I follow, we follow. Blade in its hand, its hand throw the blade. I flinch not, I felt it. Yes, I felt it. No, not pain, not pain, never pain. I felt it, moist and wet; it slides so smoothly on my skin. Color? What color? Ah, yes. Red, crimson, scarlet. Yes. Can I attack now, Tsuchimikado Arisu-dono? Can I? Can I spill blood now? Yes? Yes!

I do not need a weapon, my fists will do. I ran, it ran. I tackled, it trembled. I raise my hand, it raised its scream. Down, down it goes! It's hard, hard... it's soft, quite soft. Why is it soft when I get through the hard layer? Why? Why is it soft? It moved no more, it moved not. Boring, very boring. Come on, scream some more! Why does it not scream?! Down, down my hand goes, but it screams no longer. Why?! Why?!

Oh... it's dead. They always do that; why do they always die?

The hooded person turned around as a wide smile erupted from his face! He ran like a child, round and around the corners of the main house! Kyokotsu smiled in delight as he opened the sliding door. He knew who had arrived: Tsuchimikado Arisu-dono. The crowd had already formed near the gates causing the lad to frown childishly. Nope! He was not going to be denied of Tsuchimikado-dono's sight! Kyokotsu battled through the crowd as he saw the head of the household, causing his panting to stop. His face relaxing to that of a child. He let out a relaxed sigh as he closed his eyes, and clasped his hands in prayer; praying for Tsuchimikado-dono's good and long life.

His eyes trailed after her, noticing that she had already entered the main house. He also noticed Yomikawa-san. Kyokotsu once again clasped his hands in a silent prayer, wishing for Yomikawa-san's good health. The people were very lively today, and it was quite a challenge to not get crushed between the walls of admirers, both men and woman. Indeed, the two were a match made by the great Izanagi. How Kyokotsu wished for their union in marriage!

Kyokotsu forced his way out of the crowd so that he could deliver his report to Tsuchimikade-dono. To be honest, it was quite a labor to avoid the elbows, punches, and other body parts, but when he got nearer, the people noticed him... causing most to make a path for him. No, it wasn't because he was famous or anything; in fact, a lot were reviled of him. It was because of the assortment of about 4 yokai skulls which were tied to Kyokotsu's waist. Damn! He had forgotten to return those to his room!

Kyokotsu shrugged his shoulders as he smiled, and marched through the open aisle as if he was famous. Better turn something into an advantage, right?

Kyokotsu entered the main house after every important individual had done so. As he entered the halls, the dull sounds of the skulls bumping against one another was something that made Kyokotsu smile widely. His grin was wide as he reached the meeting room of the officers. He took a deep breath as if he was meeting a super celebrity or something. The officer knelt on the ground as he knocked softly, announcing his presence.

"I have returned, Tsuchimikade Arisu-dono. I'm entering the room to give my report." Kyokotsu spoke out loud as he slowly slid the door. His eyes twinkled upon seeing Tsuchimikade-dono, causing him to look away-- blushing like an idiot. He noticed that the two priests that the head had always employed were present. He bowed solemnly to the two. "Greetings, Tanaka-san, Imai-san. I pray for your good health."

Kyokotsu raised his head as he pulled out something from his cloak. It was a stack of parchments, bounded by multiple black strings, causing the stack to look like a mini-book. "Here is my report, Tsuchimikade-dono. As instructed, I would provide aid to Squad 5 in Kanagawa. They didn't seem to like me, though. But that matters not! I do apologize for that reddish stain on the report. I have no idea how it got there..." Kyokotsu scratched his head in thought, as if trying to remember where the stain came from.

"Nonetheless, Tsuchimikade-dono, might I request to stay here in the main house before I go back to Kanagawa to check the charms there?" Kyokotsu bowed. "Maybe I'll stay for only about five days. However, if you desire so, I'll only stay for a day, and then I'll go to Kanagawa immediately."

Kyokotsu smiled as he requested in a soft voice. Indeed, he was really starstruck by the head of their clan. Was it merely loyalty? Devotion? Maybe something unhealthier?

Arisu Tsuchimikado
A familiar voice from behind the door of the room Arisu was in and a smile spread across her face. It was her general, Kyokotsu. In her opinion, she rather liked him. He was a bit odd, but a hard worker nonetheless. However, the fact that many of her subordinates didn't like him did upset her, since he was a capable and good general. Had Asa not been here, surely Kyokotsu would be her Second-in-Command. On top of it all, he was respectful, at least to her.

Arisu's smile only widened, catching a sight of his red face. Was he nervous? Either way, it was kind of cute. In return to his greeting, Tanaka and Imai simply nodded. The two weren't fond of the boy, much like everyone else. They had even advised to demote the boy, but of course, she didn't.

When the report was held out, the Head got out of her seat, retrieving it herself. However, she didn't move back to her seat, but instead crouched in front of him.
"Thank you very much, Kyo~," she said, giving him a playful smile."And I don't mind you staying here in the Main House because you're my General, but won't you prefer the other living quarters?" She took a moment to think of why he'd want to stay here with her, since she and Asa were the only ones to stay in the Main House, but she soon realized that it might be because he knew the others didn't like him. "Well, anyways, you can stay as long as you'd like."

Suina Shiroyuki

02acf6f5.jpg

As soon as Ibaraki-doji had given her orders to the Itten-Momen that had just flew off, Suina emerged out of the bush she was hiding in with explosive force and equally volatile enthusiasm before rushing to her mistress' side. She had always been a faithful servant and sister figure to the young mistress and was one of her supporters when she succeeded Nurarihyon as the Supreme Commander of the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons.

"Suina Shiroyuki reporting for duty, young mistress! I'm really excited about this one. It's been quite a while since I got to let loose. Oh... Kenta is here too as well? I didn't notice you before!" She exclaimed. "Hmm... it must be some form of magic... yes."

She then regarded the two sets of twins that had gathered around her master. As far as she can remember, these two pairs did not belong to their clan so she decided to exercise caution though not in an apparent way in order to not tip them off of her precautions.

"Interesting... a pair of Komainu and Kirin twins... You don't see that every day. Anyways, my name is Suina Shiroyuki. I am Lady Ibaraki-doji's faithful servant and sister-in -arms when it comes to fighting the prejudice against lolis!" Suina said the last part a bit more passionately than needed but that's what her complex does to her.

"Anyways, Mistress. I've already finished most of the chores at the estate, per usual. If you have any further orders before the parade begins, I am at your command." She said to the petite oni girl reverently while bowing her head.

Asa Yomikawa

2965698-shiki-9.jpg

Meanwhile at the Tsuchimikado estate, Asa heaved quite a disappointed sigh after hearing reports the moment they returned to the headquarters of the Tsuchimikado Onmyoujis. He had wanted to postpone a general meeting to at least catch up and hang out with Arisu but after seeing that most of the people here have their guard down, he needed to do this now. Though he doesn't have the heart to startle the ordinary folks and the novices with his very own report.

"Tanaka, Imai. Call the elders and the leaders of the branch families. I am declaring an emergency meeting of the utmost importance. You need to know the current situation." Asa spoke in a foreboding voice just out of earshot of the other lower ranking onmyoji.

Asa then turned to Arisu who was giving him an incredulous look.

"Arisu, do you know why it took me eight years to return here? I originally only intended to be away for five years but something serious happened that did not permit me to return immediately. I will explain everything in the meeting... right now you get yourself ready. I'll... check on Remina for the time being." Asa said grimly before leaving the leader of the Tsuchimikados to check on his precious partner.

After asking around for Remina's whereabouts, one of the nurses told him that she was currently taking a bath at the hot springs at the back of the estate. Without so much as a care in the world, Asa barged into the women's section where Remina was wearing her birthday suit. For some reason, she failed to detect her master's presence as she was still happily humming a cheerful tune. Completely oblivious to her master eyeing every inch of her body, she only noticed Asa when he finally uttered a word.

"I take it that you're okay now, Remina. Good. After you finish bathing, we'll give our report."

"Wha... Master.... Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Was her startled response as she summoned one sword after the other and threw it at her master, all of which he dodged deftly.

"You.... YOU. IDIOT! PERVERT! What the hell are you doing here? This is the women's hot springs. Don't you have any shame or delicacy?" Remina protested.

"Hoh? Ten years of being partners with me and you just realized that?" Was his disinterested and nonchalantly blunt response.

"Why you... Get out of here already! Geez... seeing me like this. Now I can no longer be a bride anymore. Idiot"

"Eh... Once I marry Arisu, you can be my concubine."

Deciding that it's best not to agitate the girl too much, Asa finally decides to leave though a sword impales itself on the door to the Women's Hot Springs just after he had left. He really does enjoy bullying that girl.

He waited for a few minutes before an extremely irritated Remina emerged from the Hot Springs. Then as if remembering something crucial that Asa had said, her expression softens a little.

"So you decided to give the report immediately. And here I thought you're going to fool around with that girl first."

"I would have... If I hadn't noticed that almost everyone has their guards down. If the enemy were to strike at a time like this, most of these people wouldn't stand a chance."

"You have a point. It did took us three years just to restore the balance to a reasonable degree back at Yamanashi. Alright... I'll be by your side, Asa."

The two returned to the Main Meeting room. It was a traditional and very spacious tatami mat room. They had arrived just as Kyokutsu had finished giving his report to Arisu Tsuchimikado. Sometimes, he forgets that this once docile girl is now the head of the entire clan.

"Good work as always, Kyokutsu-kun. As expected from the most industrious onmyoji around here. I'm no match for your zealousness." He regarded the boy with a beaming smile on his face. Certainly this young lad had earned his keep to have already been appointed as a general. However, for a battle-hardened veteran like Asa, he can sense the murderous intent in this young boy. He only hopes that Arisu could keep that sealed, otherwise the gods know what would happen.

"Anyways, stay for a while, Kyokutsu-kun. We need all the leaders here present. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The leaders soon enough arrived one by one, albeit most of them with annoyance evident on their faces probably due to the spontaneous summons. However, when they saw Asa present, they grudgingly all kept quiet to listen to the Second-in-Command.

"My fellow brothers and sisters... After eight long years, I have returned from Yamanashi, bringing with me alarming news. During my stay there... I have observed concentrations of Yokai energy so huge that I could actually feel it everywhere. The demons are getting restless. They have started waging war among themselves just as they did hundreds of years ago when they sought conquest of all Japan. They are forming factions and clans once again. Most have gone back on performing their practice of eating human livers to gain power, Some have even possessed influential people in order to exercise control on human society. For the last three years, I have been working tirelessly, along with my faithful companion, Remina to restore the balance and rid Yamanashi of Yokai... However, during my stay there... I sensed an evil so powerful, the fear it generates affects entire villages. It may also be the reason why demons are fighting each other again. This evil... I can attest that nobody in the Tsuchimikado House nor any other Onmyoji have faced this thing before.

In these times, we must stand united under one common goal...the protection of humans from the forces that threaten to harm them. During my stay at Yamanashi, I have coordinated with the local Onmyoji Clan there and they had agreed to working with us to fortify their respective towns and villages. Right now, we should focus on strengthening this city as well. We are the first and last defense of this city against the ayakashi, after all." Asa said solemnly.

"Whatever this thing is... whenever it decides to attack... we must be ready. But it seems to be sealed and dormant state so you need not worry about any attacks happening in the weeks to come. Whatever or whoever sealed that thing used a very powerful seal or binding spell. It won't break that easily." He tried to say reassuringly as to not trouble anyone too much. He did not want to scare these leaders to make them shit their pants nor he does not want the elders to suffer a heart attack. At the end of the day, he only needs everyone to be prepared in case such an attack does occur. Prevention is better than cure after all.

"You are very generous, Tsuchimikade-dono! Thank you so much!" Kyokotsu gleamed, bowing furiously. "You know, Tsuchimikade-dono, I think the quarters are haunted! When I used my quarters 6 years ago, I noticed the next day that my room was sealed shut! I couldn't open it! Upon closer inspection, I saw that nails were embedded unto my door! Nails are an omen of bad luck! I think some ghosts are trying to trap me inside." the general pouted, speaking in a serious voice at the same time.

Suddenly, he noticed that Tsuchimikade-dono had taken her place just in front of him, her bright smile tantalizing and refreshing! Kyokotsu turned another shade of crimson as he covered his face with his long robe-sleeves. He could swear that steam must be pouring out of his ears. Tsuchimikade-dono's beauty was as clear as the rising sun, her aura as stunning as the cherry blossoms, and her gentleness as caring as Izanagi's pledge to give life to 1,500 humans. Why was an important person like her being so kind to a mere general like him? She was a celebrity! The head of the prominent Tsuchimikade clan! Yes, she was very kind and down-to-earth.

"Tsuchimikade-dono... I-I-I would prefer if-if you would ke-keep your dis-distance... I m-might explode." Kyokotsu stammered as he turned around, only to bump to another celebrity that froze him solid: Yomikawa-san. "Yo-yo-yomikawa-san!" Kyokotsu's eyes rolled back as he bumped against the door, regaining his consciousness. Yomikawa-san offered the nervous general another hearty praise, causing Kyokotsu to bow fiercely once more. "You are too kind to someone like myself, Yomikawa-san! I am the one who could never match you! Nuh-uh! Not ever! You are legendary, Yomikawa-san!"

Meeting two famous individuals sent Kyokotsu into a blissful stupor as he stood up with a dumb smile on his face. "Excuse me, Tsuchimikade-dono, Yomikawa-san, I must return my... err, belongings to my quarters. I shall be back in time for the meeting." Kyokotsu spoke hastily as he darted off, bumping into one of the shoji walls before being able to successfully withdraw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyokotsu arrived inside his room. It was dark, dusty, and had a particularly disturbing aura within it. The lad walked around for a little bit before he started to twitch.

"Hehehe..."

Kyokotsu staggered as he twitched once more. His eyes were darting around wildly, unfocused and untamed. He stood up, lighting a single candle on a black altar. After that, he sat down in front of the altar as he placed the bashed skulls on its black pedestal. There was a picture frame which was illuminated by the candle's dying light-- a woman with a bright smile.

"I'm home, mother. I brought ya skulls! Yes. Yokai skulls, aren't they beautiful? Oh, I understand you mother. Remember when they bashed your skull? Yes, I remember that. It was quite easy to break them in, ya know?" Kyokotsu spouted meaningless words, his neck and face twitching immensely. "Blood, oh yes, so much blood. I liked it, mom. Oh yes... I want it, need it, desire it, lust for it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door slid silently as Kyokotsu exited the room. He parted his orange locks, his green eyes surveying the environment of the quarters. It seemed like no one was there. The general leaped happily as he dashed towards the main house. Before he could waltz in though, he saw that some of the elders had already arrived. It wasn't surprising since with Ox-Cart shikigamis, transportation was easy. Kyokotsu sighed happily as he waited for all the elders to arrive before he went inside the meeting room.

Kyokotsu didn't sit near the spot of Tsuchimikado-dono, instead, he opted to stand just beside the shoji door. His eyes were closed, because in the first place, you didn't need eyes to listen. Besides, it was good to ignore the piercing glares of some of the elders which was quite understandable.

Yomikawa-san began to narrate the recent events, especially the issue of a large and demonic aura. This was true. Before Squad 6, the squad currently assigned to Kyokotsu, moved to support Squad 5, Kyokotsu also noticed a spine-tingling demonic aura that could be felt in the Chiba Prefecture. In fact, it took a while for Chiba to be exorcised since the demons seemed to be rallying under that dark power. It took Kyokotsu four years to restore Chiba to, at least, drive out the major yokais. Upon Tsuchimikado-dono's order, he took his squad to assist Squad 5 in Kanagawa, leaving Squad 8 to successfully exorcise Chiba.

When he had arrived in Kanagawa, Kyokotsu shivered as he felt a disastrous amount of cascading demon energy which probably originated in Yamanashi. However, knowing that Yomikawa-san was in Yamanashi, Kyokotsu opted to focus his efforts on exorcising Kanagawa. Nonetheless, there was truth in Yomikawa-san's words. With the squads dispersed to different locations, an attack on the main house could prove disastrous. In fact, Kyokotsu left his squad divided in Kanagawa and Chiba. Only a few squadrons remained in the main house, barely enough to combat a Night Parade of a Hundred Demons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The elders became restless. They couldn't be blamed. If they expended their troops to fortify the distant prefecture of Yamanashi, this would leave the other flanks vulnerable. Kyokotsu understood their side, and even disagreed a little bit on Yomikawa-san's suggestion of sending more troops to fortify Yamanashi. On the other hand, Squads 5 and 6 were already in Kanagawa, and it would only take a day or two to reach Yamanashi. However, by doing this, they would risk endangering Kanagawa and Chiba.

What irked Kyokotsu was one of the elder's cowardice. He disagreed to send the battalion that his son was left in charge towards Yamanashi-- obviously afraid for his son's life. In the first place, they were the light in the eternal night-- they shouldn't fear the darkness, not even death. Secondly, Kyokotsu owed his respects to Tsuchimikade-dono and Yomikawa-san, not to these cowards who would just sit around discussing strategies while their soldiers battled on the frontline.

"If I would drown you in a pool filled with the blood of our slain brothers and sisters, would that make you grow a spine, elder-san?" Kyokotsu interjected in a cold voice as his green eyes scrutinized the worth of this cowardly elder. Then, Kyokotsu shifted his gaze to Yomikawa-san, bowing lightly.

"There is truth in Yomikawa-san's words. When I traveled from Chiba to Kanagawa, I sensed this great conclave of demonic energy. Imagine... this single epicenter felt by at least three prefectures. It's been over a century since this kind of malice appeared. This isn't your usual yurei or gashadokuro; not even a kuchisake-onna. Therefore, I agree with Yominaka-san to send more of our squads to Yamanashi with a few battalions to reinforce temples Engaku-ji and Zuisen-ji in Kanagawa, and temples Senyo-ji and Daifuku-ji in Chiba." Kyokotsu suggested as he turned his attention once more to Yomikawa-san.

"However, I do have a question, Yomikawa-san... If our forces will be stationed in focus on Yamanashi, wouldn't it be a risk to our other territories? What if... this conclave of dark energy is a mere diversion so that they can savage our rear? I don't mean to doubt your wisdom, Yomikawa-san, but these demons are getting craftier and craftier as time passes by."

Arisu Tsuchimikado
Arisu sat silently through Asa's report, explanations, and suggestions, her eyes closed and her face showing no expression. She was taking everything in and trying to find the best way to deal with the Yamanashi problem. She also took into consideration Kyokotsu's words about the demons becoming craftier. It was certainly to proving to be a problem, especially when most of the elders were against sending reinforcements in to Yamanashi. She let out a soft sigh just as the elders to her right began to debate heavily on the matter. On top of it all, the others were murmuring amongst themselves, making it difficult for her to hear Asa and Kyokotsu, who were the only ones with any sense. However, the noise level only continued to rise, even after Kyokotsu's cold words.

She couldn't stand all the noise.
"I know I'm supposed to respect my elders, who have more experience than I, but please be silent. Your foolish debates and arguments are wasting time. This time would have come sooner or later. As of now, Yamanashi takes top priority," Arisu stated in a demanding voice, opening her eyes into a glare capable of killing. Now that she knew the seriousness of the situation, she couldn't take it lightly.

"Asa, I trust your judgment. If you have indeed felt this evil and it is that bad, even for you, then I believe this situation is even more serious than I can imagine. However, please have in mind that we must have as little deaths as possible. My duty as the Head of the Tsuchimikado Clan is to protect my subordinates, not to send them carelessly to their deaths," she said, looking from between Kyokotsu and Asa.

Her eyes shifted towards the ground, hesitating to speak the last thought in her mind, but managed to say them slowly. "If push comes to shove or if I see fit, I.... I will call upon the aid of the Hyakki Yagyo. I realize this is an unfavorable thing to do, but we have no choice if we become desperate." Arisu knew that the elders were against the idea by the sudden outburst, but she stood her ground. After all, she had the final word in this discussion

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you both, Koji, Sakura, my name... they call me Ibaraki-doji. That is probably not my full name, but I am Ibaraki-doji," the petite oni maidens bows a little. She then notices something nearby. Cold... and familiar. That was when a familiar figure popped up. It was...

"Suina? You're here too? Well, something tells me that you all might be a little worried about my disappearance. Fret not, because the worrying comes at midnight." Ibaraki-doji responds to the Yuki-onna before her, all cheerful

"Anyways, Mistress. I've already finished most of the chores at the estate, per usual. If you have any further orders before the parade begins, I am at your command," the Yuki-onna replies.

"Parade?" Ibaraki-doji grins a little. "It won't be a Parade, just a small group. I'm a little low on charisma for a full-on Hyakki Yagyo. Plus, based on patterns, Kagami always brings herself and herself alone for added stealth. If the situation changes... well I have that covered." After Ibaraki-doji adjusts her clothes, she speaks, "should we... perhaps... head back to the clan now? I'm not fond of parting with comrades I recently met, but I know that our paths... will cross again."

~~~~~~~~~

The Ittan-Momen messenger hovers into the clan's hall, which had quite a number of yokai. "Ibaraki-doji-sama has brought an important message," it spoke in the voice of an old man, "an important message regarding the rise and return of the Purple Mirror - Murasaki Kagami."

He stood by quietly, as Ibaraki-Doji discussed things with the demons that had arrived. They seemed very refreshed, and ready to start a full on night parade... he hadn't taken pat of one in a while, and, the purple mirror was hardly worth such effort. Both he and Ibaraki-Doji knew it. He didn't speak until she decided she wished to go home. "I see. If we are done here, I'll gladly carry you home, Ibaraki-chan!", he smiled. Being a bird yokai had it's benefits, such as flight. He could probably teleport them back too, but it wouldn't be as enjoyable, and it would be a large waste of energy. He needed to practice that art, as, he wasn't as strong in it as his others. "Thank you for your time, Yokai... I hope to see you soon. At any rate, Ibaraki-chan, I'm ready to fly whenever you are...", he stepped back, and shrugged. Smoke rose around him. When it passed, he looked as he naturally did. Wings were now on his back, and he was in an ornate robe with fur on the inside. His legs ended in talons, and he had a large sash around his waist, hanging down over his pants. He sucked on his pipe, and looked down at the other Yokai. "So what do you think?"

Asa Yomikawa

2965698-shiki-9.jpg

The whole room erupted into a stupor when he had finished delivering his report. Fear and panic quickly swept through the ranks of most of the elders and the leaders while a good few managed to keep their composure, more specifically, it was only Kyokotsu and Arisu. Kyokotsu, being one of the only voices of reason voiced his speculation of his proposal, and a completely understandable one at that. This guy is quite the perceptive fellow. After a while, Arisu also spoke regarding her qualms to his strategy. Indeed, it is important to assist and fortify the surrounding regions but they also had to do this carefully enough to not spread their forces too thin. Luckily, the Tsuchimikados aren't the only Onmyoji in Japan.

"Aren't you forgetting that we aren't the only Onmyoji in Japan? The reason I am confident in sending some of our forces to Yamanashi is because it is the most vulnerable to an invasion. The Amakusa clan stationed at Yamanashi is renowned for their barrier spells, defensive magic but it is rare for them to produce practitioners that excel in offensive aspects as well as healing abilities. If an invasion occurs, they could do nothing but defend until their defensive abilities slowly whittle away.

Likewise, Chiba's Kanzaki clan has the opposite problem. They excel in offense and spiritual weapon-crafting but lack individuals that excel in defense and healing abilities. On the other hand, Kanagawa's Yamada Clan has some of the best healers in the land but lack people who can support them in terms of both offense and defense.

While we, the distinguished Tsuchimikado Clan have produced all three types without fail.

You see where I'm going here, don't you?

I apologize but I already carried out this plan before I came back. Travelling to all three prefectures was a pain in the ass but I couldn't exactly use my other comrade as a messenger pigeon lest I incur its wrath. The three clans already agreed to this plan. As we speak, they are sending the best of the best from each of their families to the other clan to fortify their forces. The only thing left now is for us to act. Though we'd be doing the opposite, if we decide to act. Since major brain drain has occurred by sending their very best to the other clans, their own specialties have weakened. So, should we come to an agreement to act, we will send defensive and barrier specialists to the Amakusa's, offensive and spiritual weapon-crafting practitioners to the Kanzaki's while healers will give aid to the Yamada Clan. If we help, the three clans would also send us some of their forces.

I am not asking to recklessly place our subordinates here and there without a thought. My job is to tell what the world lacks, after all." He says confidently with a glint of amusement evident in his eyes.

However, at the mention of Arisu calling for the help of the Hyakki Yagyo, Asa choked on the green tea he was sipping causing him to cough violently. Of all people, he did not expect the leader of a traditional clan such as the Tsuchimikado to mention that. He was going to mention calling for their aid too as per Remina's suggestion while they were still in Yamanashi. The elders began clamoring once again, this time in outrage but one look from Asa silenced everyone. If looks could kill, most of the people there would have already dropped dead.

"Well, I'm not opposed to that but let's just make sure it doesn't come to that, no?" He said cheerfully.

"So, Supreme Commander. What say you of this proposal?"

Suina Shiroyuki

02acf6f5.jpg

Suina nodded once more to Ibaraki-doji correcting her initial thought of bringing the full parade, She also was about ready to go home until her fellow clansman suggested to fly them back to the estate, The mere thought of being a hundred feet up in the air drained the color from Suina's already pale face. She wasn't good with heights.

"Ehehehe... I forgot I need to do some shopping! You two go on ahead! I... I'll catch up after I'm finished!" She said while stuttering nervously.

Before any of the two could utter a reply, Suina had already ran for dear life. She didn't stop running until she reached the convenience store. While it was true she needed to buy a few things, a full-blown shopping wasn't needed. In fact, she only needed to replenish her supply off sardines for her cute little subordinates and her stock of milk tea. Also, she needed ingredients to make some ice cream. If all goes well tonight, something like this is needed for the celebration that will transpire after their hunt becomes a success.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kyokotsu smiled and nodded fervently as Yomikawa-san relayed his backup plan. This was why Kyokotsu had a large amount of respect for Yomikawa-san: he was smart, prepared, and powerful. It was true that there were the other onmyoji that surrounded the different areas of Yamanashi, Kanagawa, and Chiba. Well, Kyokotsu didn't trust their strength, but if Yomikawa was willing to bet on them, then, Kyokotsu needn't say more. As a matter of fact, Yomikawa-san hasn't failed the clan yet so there was no reason to doubt his choices.

Kyokotsu strode over to where the tea was being served. He sighed happily as he heard Tsuchimikade-dono's wonderful and authoritative voice. She had silenced the noisy elders, and proclaimed her desire to avoid as many deaths as possible. Indeed, she was very caring and protective of the clan; this was something that Kyokotsu admired her for. He had an extreme level of respect for her.

As Kyokotsu raised the cup to his lips, feeling the warm liquid soothe his throat, he heard something that made his blood run cold.

I will call upon the aid of the Hyakki Yagyo

The lad spat out the tea as his hands landed firmly on the table. The glass quivering in his hand. Kyokotsu spun around, his face twitched from time to time. His steps were a bit incoherent, and his rhythm disturbed. The cup was still in his hand, gripped firmly by whatever emotion was riding Kyokotsu. His eyes tried to focus on Tsuchimikade-dono, but everything was blurry.

Well, I'm not opposed to that...

The glass cup shattered under his grip, causing some shards to pierce his pale hand. The boiling tea dripping down his fingers, cascading with the crimson liquid to produce something that was akin to a furious-red paint. The paint dripped down the floor, staining it with a shade of scarlet. However, Kyokotsu was still smiling-- his green eyes hidden under his orange locks. For a moment, his neck twitched...

"Ah! My, my, my... It seemed my grip was too tight! Hahaha! I guess tea really makes one strong, huh?" Kyokotsu spoke in a happy tone, edging a bit closer to Tsuchimikade-san. "Tsuchimikade-san... I do beg your pardon, but... are you really suggesting that we would ask help from those demons? Hahaha! That's a bit funny..." Kyokotsu was now able to look at Tsuchimikade-san with fierce eyes, her beauty was fading from him every second.

Kyokotsu turned his attention to Yomikawa as he raised his hand, nonchalantly plucking the piercing shards from his hand. "Yomikawa... I do believe that there is a wee bit problem with that idea. You see, we, as onmyoji, fight demons... not ask help from them. It would make quite an anecdote though. Hahaha! Quite funny..."

Kyokotsu finally finished plucking the shards as he tilted his head before his eyes twitched for a split second. The same smile formed on his face once more as he addressed the audience.

"My lieges... Our brothers and sisters have died fighting these demons. I have seen how they gave up their lives so that you may still live longer. Not once... not once... did I see a demon take pity on us. The Hyakki Yagyo is no different... didn't they only help us before because they could gain something from it? My friends, our fellow onmyoji from the other sectors and clans are willing to aid us. Pure humans who also desire for light... Why seek the aid of demons when our men are perfectly capable of defending our territories?"

Kyokotsu chuckled as he pulled back his hood, covering the entirety of the upper-half of his face.

"From my 'interrogation' of captured yokais, I heard that Nurarihyon ain't the one leadin' the Hyakki Yagyo anymore. I don't know who's the new leader, but one thing is for sure... they aren't to be trusted. How sure can we be that this conclave of dark energy is not being sponsored by the Hyakki Yagyo? I mean... with a new leader, it would be hard to gain prestige, right? So, what's the quickest way to gain the respect of the other demons nowadays? Destroying the most powerful onmyoji clan in existence. So, how sure can we be that it ain't part of their plan to gather this demonic energy so that we would ally with them again, and when the curtains are drawn, we find a dagger in our backs." the general continued without skipping a beat.

"Imagine this... we allied with the Hyakki. We march on Yamanashi to meet this new yokai force, trusting that the Hyakki will watch our back and rear flanks. When the battle starts, what happens? We are now in a pincer... the Hyakki on one side, and the yokai on the other. Then, we're dead. The point is... this might be all part of their plan to lower our guard, and treat them as allies. Then, they turn on us. Can we live with such uncertainty? Ally with them to live today, only to die... tomorrow. If you don't remember, they're all demons Hyakki Yagyo or Demon Energy. If there's one thing that they don't like, that would be us, humans." Kyokotsu now set his sights on Tsuchimikade, all her beauty lost in his eyes.

"Have you lost faith in our troops' ability to fight, supreme commander? The Benihime clan in Saitama, the Kawarimi alliance in Tochigi, the Maebashi Conclave in Gunma, the Keikain Brotherhood of Tokyo... have you lost your faith in them to the point that you would consider siding with the race that killed our brothers and sisters?!" Kyokotsu trembled as a single tear dripped down his face. "I'm sorry for my insolence. However, I did not cleanse two prefectures just to see it burn down to the ground again. I love this clan with all that I am, and I am willing to die before I see it mingling with the Hyakki." Kyokotsu gritted as he exhaled deeply, marching towards the door and passing beside Yomikawa.

"The 56 members of Squads 5, 6 and 8... they died believing in the promise that the Tsuchimikade will be in a bright future. It's a shame that it will be gambling in the shadows once more. What a waste of human blood. Excuse me." the general stopped at the shoji door, he twitched once more before sliding it open in a flash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the dark. Again. The candle waltzed with the shadows as Kyokotsu clasped his hands together.

Mother... What do I do? Huh? Yes? Yes.

"Smells like acrophobia and grand youth," Ibaraki-doji spoke as she hovered upwards, without the aid of wings or any sort of mechanism. She nods at Kenta. "Well, here's to fate. Fate brought us together once, and it will bring us together once more. Kenta, I believe it is time to return home..." The oni maiden appeared to be running on air, before taking off into the sky. A light wave of energy was felt as Ibaraki-doji took a great bounce into the boundless sky...

~~~

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who refuses to forget the fairest of them all?" A small, purple mirror displays pictures on its reflective surface, specifically that of a human. "Perfect. It appears that I can finally torment those fleshlings. Hopefully that wretched oni won't disturb me again."

This mirror shattered into pieces, before reforming into a more human shape. "Oh, of course she will. But I am always prepared..."

Lairen & Sairen
The twins silently observed the scenes unfold before them, deciding not to speak until after Ibaraki-doji had left. The let out a sigh simultaneously before turning to the other pair of twins. Indeed, the two were a fascinating pair. The fact that they were so different from Sairen and Lairen was especially interesting.

"So.... Kirin. Horns. Cool," Lairen began awkwardly, nudging Sairen for her to continue. Though they couldn't speak to each other mentally, they were still able to understand one another.

"Ahem. I'm Sairen. This is my twin brother, Lairen. We are Komainu, " she said, remembering that they hadn't properly introduced themselves yet.

The two stared on at the other pair of twins, their visible red hair and piercing yellow eyes almost identical. The Kirin, Sakura and Koji, were also idencal looking.

(SORRY. I forgot about these two. ;-;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arisu Tsuchimikado
Though she had anticipated the elders reaction, Arisu had forgotten to think about how Kyokotsu would react. She had just made a foolish mistake, one she wished she could take back, but it had already been done. She'd just have to move forward and deal with it along the way. However, it wasn't like she wanted to ask the demons for help. She had confidence that the onmyoji would be able to handle it, but she wanted to take precautions. If her clan were to be put in danger because she made a stupid decision, she wouldn't be able to live with herself.

Seeing Kyokotsu so infuriated made her heart ache. He had made a point in his speech, many points in fact. All of which made her want to reconsider her idea. She hadn't heard of the new leader of the Hyakki Yagyo, nor had she thoroughly thought out the scenario he had done. Arisu felt foolish. She was supposed to be a leader, yet she hadn't considered all the options. No, she did consider all the options, but she merely paid no mind to the ideas that would help her clans morale. But now, she was.

"I understand," Arisu said, her voice nearly inaudible over the talking of the elders. Suddenly, she stood, her katana in her hand as she slammed the end on the ground loudly, catching everyone's attention. Her eyes were stern and serious and her stance was one that showed she was, indeed, the Head of the Tsuchimikado Clan.

"I, Arisu Tsuchimikado, Head of the Tsuchimikado Clan, have made my decision. We will distribute our forces where needed. Our Defensive and Barrier Specialists shall head to the Amakusa's while our Offensive and Spiritual weapon crafting practitioners will head tp the Kanzaki's. In addition, send our healers to the Yamada's. We, the onmyoji, will take matters into our hands. Asa, I leave the rest to you."

With those final words, she left the meeting room, still dwelling over the sight of Kyokotsu so angry. She'd have to apologize to him properly after he settled down. With a sigh, she retreated into her bedroom and fell to the ground. She couldn't get over how ignorant she had been to consider the Hyakki Yagyo without even knowing about their new leader. In the past, they might have allied with them, but these days were different.

Minami had been wandering the halls of the Hyakki Yagyo HQ when she suddenly caught the commotion a small distance away. Curiously she made her way to the main hall where many of the yokai had gathered.

The mention of the purple mirror made her click her tongue disapproving and she glanced at her hounds as they let out several snorts and a soft growl. 'Yes, that one is a nasty piece of work, isn't he? I bet you all just want to tear him to shreds.' she cooed as she scratched them behind the ears.
'In that case we'll go wait outside for Ibaraki-san's return and request if we can come, kay?' she suggested. Her companions let out a satisfied huff before making their way outside, followed by their master.
Minami was amused at their excitement, but understood it as well. She hadn't encountered the purple mirror in person yet, but had read the reports about him. He prayed on younger children and came for them when they reached a certain age, somehow it rubbed her the wrong way. She had also read that at the last encounter with this yokai, it had attempted to flee from his pursuers, hence the hounds' excitement. There was nothing they enjoyed more than a good chase and Minami was happy to let them have their fun. She took a seat on top of the gate as she awaited Ibaraki-doji's return.

Status
Not open for further replies.