Ibaraki-doji no Hyakki Yagyo | 茨木童子の百鬼夜行 | Out of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be alright.

The intended new rule was that if you are playing a High-ranking role(Leader, Second-in-Command, you cannot play another such role but can settle for the regular warriors and support.

By the way, I may have stated that support roles were mainly non-combat, but it does include a good deal of roles that may fight during the course of the storyline, such as lookouts and guards.

That will be alright.

The intended new rule was that if you are playing a High-ranking role(Leader, Second-in-Command, you cannot play another such role but can settle for the regular warriors and support.

By the way, I may have stated that support roles were mainly non-combat, but it does include a good deal of roles that may fight during the course of the storyline, such as lookouts and guards.
If Generals counts in your rule as well, I can step down to a Knight within the Yokai clan if you want.

If Generals counts in your rule as well, I can step down to a Knight within the Yokai clan if you want.

That will be alright. But if you wish to, I will not halt you.

Come now peeps. We need some members for the Tsuchimikado clan! :P

@Crow - Well, I'll keep the General spot then. But if you want me to change it, I will do it without any issue. I mean, I want you to let me know if you want me to do that. Otherwise I'll keep as is.

Everything should be in place now for your review. I also removed the spoiler tags so it would be easier to find. Please let me know if there is anything else you think I should add or change. ^.^

@WeepingLiberty is accepted.
@LibratheScales your autokill wisps might be a little much. How do they 'lead to death', precisely?
@Akashi just add the things I've told you about and I shouldn't see a problem with your app.

And now to make my next set of characters.

I might be interested in this o.o I love the anime

Yes. Yes he is.
can you help me with bbcodes by the way, just something small? i need to know how to put tabs beside each other, because usually they come in two but when i combine them they just stack above each other, i want them all on the same line.

black_knight_by_hamsterfly.jpg

"Your time is up."

Name:
Gan Ceann

Type:
Faerie

Race:
Dullahan

Appearance:
Gan Ceann is about 2 metres tall and is rarely ever seen without his hulking suit of armour. No one truly knows what lies beneath his armour.

Powers/Abilities:
He has been shown to be capable of detaching his head from his body. The decapitated area releases a dark, hellish aura. His head can freely float in this state, and can still feel the body.

Gan Ceann is an impressive swordfighter, capable of using his horn lance rather well,

It is unknown whether he possesses the soul-reaping capabilities of a Dullahan, but he claims to prefer 'more direct' methods.

He is capable of commanding doors to open and unlock at will, as long as it isn't inhabited by supernatural beings or it doesn't have gold on it. Well, he can always barge in if it won't open for him.

His weakness is gold. It doesn't harm or kill him, but it repels him. He doesn't appear to have a very heavy weakness to it as implied by myths, since he can use electronics containing mere bits of the substance.

Despite the Dullahan race's reputation of being excellent riders, he isn't well-versed or comfortable in using other vehicles or steeds apart from Puca. Not even something simple like a bicycle. Well, he can take the back seat but he can't control the vehicle or beast well.

Weapons:
His horn lance, known as 'Sleepy Hollow', is an impressive weapon. Depicted in picture. Well, the way he wields it with one hand is the impressive part.

His armour is made from the same odd material as his weapon. Both were crafted by the Gremlins back in Gan Ceann's homeland. The armour is known as the 'Gan Ceann armour' and is undeniably durable, and can tank numerous hits. It has a rather unique ability - the user can activate a certain function can causes a villainous-looking, ghastly face with red eyes to appear on the armour, the eyes near the chest and the mouth near the stomach. This allows vision for situations when the eyes are not present on the body, for instance, if your head is in another area, detached from you.

Puca herself has silver-hued armour that adapts to her form.

Noteworthy Possessions:
More of his good friend than equipment, but depicted in the picture is one of Puca's forms. Puca is capable of taking a variety of forms - horse, hound, rabbit, eagle and cat. All of these forms have pitch-black fur, which is a noteworthy trait of Puca. She usually takes the form of a horse, and if anyone who isn't Gan Ceann rides her or touches her, she will frolick uncontrollably. She is actually shy, to the extent that she refuses to reveal her human form to anyone who hasn't gained her trust.
Puca is pretty great at cooking too, or at least that's what Gan Ceann claims.
Gan Ceann appears to be very protective of Puca.

He claims to look at a picture of his family when he is feeling down.

Clan:
Court III

Position in Clan:
Faerie Knight

Personality:
Gan Ceann is an odd, mysterious individual who is more than happy to battle. Hiding beneath his armour, he is glad to fight relentlessly, believing that he will never be defeated. He has the aura of bravery, but there are implications of him being a coward hiding in both a metaphorical and literal suit of armour. Despite his, he has been shown to prefer fair fights, often suggesting to his opponent to 'select your steed'.
Off the field of battle, he is shown to be a pretty nice guy. If you see a heavily armoured man in your local park playing with kids, it's probably him. If it isn't, you should call the police.
Based on his flowery language, and an implied hesitance to kill, there is a chance that he has a case of chuunibyou.

History:
Gan Ceann's history is mostly a mystery, thus most of what is written here is what he claims.
He claims that he is the son of a bogeyman-like beast named Alptraum, reputed in Ireland for whisking children who stay up too late at night away and causing nightmares for those who do remain asleep, and he also claims to take after his mother, Chelsea. It was primarily his mother who taught him the ways of a warrior, since his father cared little about warriorhood and preferred to haunt humans.

At some point, he acquired his weapons and armour from allied Gremlins, who had great magic-technology. They claimed that there was a curse instilled into it that would be beneficial to him, but until today, he has not felt any real side effects from the armour.

He joined Court III a mere 4 years ago, proving to have great physical strength and prowess, as well as impressive riding capabilities. This caused the Court's Faerie Queen to recruit him. However, she did notice he was lacking something genuine, said something possibly linked to why he wears that mask. Not because taking it off would be very painful.

But this big guy might be hiding secrets, for you.

Others:
He mentions a sister from time to time, and while he claims that she is in Japan, no one else has actually seen her.​

Last edited:
can you help me with bbcodes by the way, just something small? i need to know how to put tabs beside each other, because usually they come in two but when i combine them they just stack above each other, i want them all on the same line.

There's a little big that makes tab spaces smaller. Make them bigger by altering their dimensions

[stabs=bcenter|300x80]
{slide=Title|center}Content{/slide}
{slide=Title|center}Content 2{/slide}
[/stabs]

@WeepingLiberty is accepted.
@LibratheScales your autokill wisps might be a little much. How do they 'lead to death', precisely?
@Akashi just add the things I've told you about and I shouldn't see a problem with your app.

And now to make my next set of characters.
They aren't autokills XD
They're like Will-o-wisps.
They make whoever follows them lost and then leads them off a cliff or something.
They can be avoided, I just assumed you knew what they were.
Woops =O_O=

Oh, THOSE.

Misleading little fae. Those Will-o-wisps. Alrighty. It good.

@LibratheScales

It's kind of hard to believe that Nurarihyon would make her a second-in-command candidate. She does seem like the kind of person who would massacre humans for being... humans. But let's leave that as it is. It'd be interesting to see Ibaraki-doji or another Hyakki Yagyo member try to stop her at some point.

You'll need to state how she rose to the title of Second-in-Command in her history. Same for the rest of you, if you're a General or Second-in-Command. Everyone needs to state how they became part of their faction.
Yeah I thought the idea could be interesting.
And i'll implement that later but, i'd maybe like a reccomendation to how she could become that?
Cuz i'm not sure how the ranking works.

There's a little big that makes tab spaces smaller. Make them bigger by altering their dimensions

[stabs=bcenter|300x80]
{slide=Title|center}Content{/slide}
{slide=Title|center}Content 2{/slide}
[/stabs]
Thanks Crow! :)

For some reason it won't show me the cast list on my phone ._. So I can't tell what spots are taken and not.

Status
Not open for further replies.