Ian and Reanna.

As Reanna laid in her bed, she closed her eyes, leaning her head against the window since it was so close to her. The coolness that seeped into her skin made her relaxed... more relaxed then she had been in a long time. She took a breath and started to drift to sleep. Normally Reanna didn't have dreams, she would have a peaceful sleep, but not today. As soon as her mind drifted off to dreamland, she was covered in blood, she looked up and saw Ian's face, he looked so happy, and she was happy to, -to see him happy-, "Ian!" Reanna shouted but he said nothing and she narrowed her eyes and tried again. "IAN!" again... nothing. Reanna looked over his shoulder and saw her father, her eyes went wide and this time she parted her lips and shouted; "IAN GET AWAY FROM HIM! MOVE! GO SOEMWHERE ELSE! I BEG OF YOU!" Finally Ian listened and moved out of the way right when her father attacked, so instead of piercing Ian with a knife, he got Reanna. She looked down and gasped, and lookd back up and both Ian and her father were laughing.

Suddenly Reanna jerked in her sleep, and place a hand on her sweaty face. "God damn it..." She muttered lightly as her stomach growled softly, she got out of her bed, and went down the stairs and out the door, heading for a restaurant she knew was around where she lived, and finally she found it. but as soon as she did, she looked into one of the windows and saw Ian... and a female. Her heart clenched in her chest and she looked down to the ground. There was no point in going in there... She had no money, so instead she walked to the window where she saw Ian and curled in the dirt, closing her eyes. "I just want this to be all over with..." She murmured under her breath, and felt the tears rolling warmly down her cheeks.

The name of the Resturaunt was Valencio's Little piece of Italy. It was an old resturaunt that had been around since he was born. Well...before he was born auctually. He had come here many a time to get away from his abhorrence of a mother. Her and her obnoxious, disposable lovers who would often remind him that someday they were going to be his new father. But it never happened...ever. Even if it did, no one would replace his loving, supportive biological father. Even to this day he had never learned where his father was living. And since he had moved out with Maggie he had not heard from him. Normally he would atleast try to call once every six months...much to the dismay and distain of his mother. But this resturaunt was close to his heart. Ian knew the owners, and this was the place where he Met Maggie nine years ago...when he was just ten years old. The blonde had run away from home, hiding from his mother's most recent boyfriend. Coming upon the place he was seeking shelter from the pouring rain...but he found it was much more.

As he grew up in and out of this place. It was more home than he had ever felt...the people who owned the place were more like his family that his very own. Once he parked, he went around to the other side of the car and helped her inside the resturaunt. They sat by the window, in thier usual place. The owners themself came out to greet them with bright smiles and laughs. It in turn made them both laugh and they all started to joke and smile. Quickly, their faveorite foods were brought out to them. They stayed at the resturaunt for several hours, even two hours after the doors were shut to other patrons. But once Maggie Yawned and looked throughly tierd...they gathered several boxes of their faveorite foods and left. Thanking them for the good time and the food. Stepping outside it was freezing, the snow had started to fall an hour ago. As he turned, to go towards the car, holding Maggie's hand, he saw someone curled up on the forzen ground. His eyes widened and immediatly broke free of his lover's grip. Rushing over to her he crouched over and felt her skin was freezing. He shook her, panic in his tone.

"Reanna, Reanna!" he said, trying to stirr her.

Reanna, Reanna!

Waaaaake up Reanna! Come on... Show everyone that you're okay!

but... It's so warm... Reannnnaaaaaaaa, wakey fuckin' wakey!

Reanna kept her eyes closed until she felt her body being shaken, and then she peaked her eyes opened and realized, it had started to snow, and Ian was right in front of her, trying to wake her up. Was she covered in snow? She looked down at her hips and thighs and yes... She was. She slowly started to sit up, and grunt as she did so. "I-Ian..." She whispered, and her eyes shifted over his shoulder at the female she saw eating with him. So... This must be Maggie. What a bad impression to leave on the girl. Slowly Reanna pressed her palms to the ground and slowly started to sit up and looked at Ian with a soft face. "Ian, I'm... Sorry..." Her voice was so hoarse, how could she have let things get this way?! She then tumbled down against Ian, completely unconscious.

When he had shaken her, to try and stir her, panic was rushing though his body. Ian had just found her again for the first time in fourteen years. He wasn't just going to leave her here...especilly not knowing if she was okay or not. Reanna was covered in snow, and it was snowing hard at the moment. Then she slowly opened her eyes and looked down to see her body covered in snow. The forzen woman whispered his name and glanced over his shoulder at Maggie. Then his old friend [ressed her hands to te ground and sat up. In this moment her features were so delicate...beautiful...but he snapped back to reality as she apologized and fell against him, unconcious. Panic started to rush though him again and he tried to wake her again. As he did, Maggie rushed over to his side and looked to him.

"We will talk about this later...I'm not going to ask just how you know this girl..."

Swallowing the lump in his throat he nodded. When he did, the nurse looked over to Reanna, checking her vitals quickly. Without looking up she spoke to him.

"We need to get her warm is all...slowly. I don't think we need to take her to the hospital...I got some supplies back at the apartment. WIll you carry her to the car Ian?"

Before he could respond, he picked her up and walked back to the car. Maggie pulled his keys out of his pants pocket and opened the door to the back seat for him. Once the back door was opened he gently laid in a comfortable posistion in the back seat, shutting the door behind him. Ian climbed into the drivers seat, turning on the car. Quickly he cranked up the heat and slid his seat belt on. Once the car was ready to go...he pulled away and drove to the house. The drive was when it was silent and tense but soon enough it ended. Picking her up again, once parked, he brought her up to the apartment. From there he followed Maggie's instructions and laid her on the soft, warm couch as she dashed into the bathroom then the walk in closet. She came back with a excess IV bag and a heap of blankets. He could only watch, anxiously as she quickly worked to help her, sticking an IV in her arm and taping it in place. His wife to be hung the bag from the lamp next to Reanna on the couch. Finally...after covering her with blankets and attending to her vital signs she was done. With a heavy sigh, the woman looked back at him, a sfot smile o her lips.

"Her vitals are stable...she will be fine...she just needs to sleep..."

Ian came over and helped her to her feet. The blonde haired man pressed his lips to hers, kissing her lovingly before pulling away and looking her in the eyes.

"Thank you...and I promise...she is just a friend. An old, old friend..."

Reanna felt his arms around her, she felt his heart beat, she felt the urge to part her lips, to speak to him but... For some reason she couldn't do it, she felt warmth suddenly, but his arms were gone... Where did they go? Why did they go? she wanted him to keep holding her, to love her... No, he loved Maggie, Reanna needed to move on and leave... She needed to live her life...suddenly her body was enveloped in his arms again and she was cold again, her body gave off little shivers until she was placed on something cushiony, and his arms were gone again, her body instinctively tried to curl in on itself to conserve heat, but then she was warm again, and her beautiful features went soft and sweet. Her eyes stayed close for another moment, until she finally managed to open them just in time to see the kiss...

It felt weird... This emotion that was coursing through her veins at that kiss, the way Ian's lips molded with Maggie's, she bit her her lip and decided to act like she was sleeping, she closed her eyes, and released her lip from it's grip. But then something donned on her, what if he saw the mark on her side... The mark from forever again, from a scratch she had gotten... If he saw it, she was sure he would flip, it was not only a scratch but it was more of a carving of a name she had done so many years ago. Trying to calm down she took a deep breath and pretended to shirt around so she could roll over a bit, and not worry about him looking at the carving.

"Just a friend...?" she asked, looking at him curiously. "How long have you known her?"

"Y-Yeah...Her name is Reanna. She is my childhood friend...so it had been atleast fourteen years." he said, turning to look at her.

"So...I've known you nine years and am going to marry you. Why...why havn't you mentioned her before?"

Her voice wasn't critical but was in that tone when someone was just asking to know something. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he rememberd what Reanna told him about what she had been though. Ian just couldn't go and tell Maggie everything...she didn't need to know everything at least.

"She had to move away...her parents had issues. Just like mine did...and we lost contact. I really wasn't expecting to find her there..."

A wide smile came across her face and she nodded...speaking to her husband to be. "I believe you..."

Ethan pulled away from her side and went over to the door, pulling out his keys again. Reaching out he locked the dead bolt with the key and the lock on the door, He needed some sleep but in this condition he didn't want Reanna leave...or her father following her here and just waltzing in. Once he did this he walked back over to Maggie and took her hand. He pulled it up to his mouth and pulled her against him,

"Let's go get some sleep, eh?" he said, a smile on his lips. After she nodded and giggled softly he wisked her away to the back room. With ReAnna here he couldn't have his way with Maggie but that didn't mean he couldn't sleep close to her. He, like usual, pulled his shirt off and laid back on the bed next to her...cuddling close. Before she dozed off he leaned in and kissed her lips softly. Laying back he dozed off as well...the keys firmly placed in his pants pocket that was now pressed against the bed and nearest to his wife to be. Ian, though the night, had a bit of a restless night so when the sun came though the window he sat up, slipping out of bed and to the living room without waking the woman in the bed. Used to not having anyone else around he forgot to put his shirt back on. He had a slim but muscled build, being rather the athlete in high school. Taking the keys out of his pocket he tossed them onto the counter, looking over at Reanna.

Reanna didn't sleep, she ended up sitting up on the couch and pulling the iveys out of her arm, and anything that was connected to her body. She stood up and walked towards the room she knew Ian and Maggie were in and peeked within it. She knew he had the keys by him and she wanted to go, so she snuck into the room, but realized he made it where it would be impossible to get the keys out without waking either of them. She cursed under her breath and went back to the couch, crossing her legs, she looked out of the window, waiting for the sun to rise. Once it did she turned her head, hearing someone walking and she assumed it was Maggie and was ready to introduce herself when she instead met the gaze of a half naked Ian. As soon as her eyes roamed over his bare chest to his eyes, her cheeks flamed up and she gritted her teeth sharply.

"Do you always go around with a shirt on?" Reanna had a plan, it wasn't a good one, in fact it could make her lose her only friend... But she had to get mean with him or else bad things would happen. "Now, if you will, please open the fucking door so I ca-" She paused she heard the ringtone of her phone and she went to find it, and flipped it open. If her face hadn't of already been pale, it went ghost white. "N-no..." She whispered, it was a picture with text inside of it, the picture was of her step other, her throat was slit, and the text said. I know where you went, and I'm coming to finish the job, love... Your dad. Reanna tilted her head, and then she seemed to get so angry, with not only herself but her father as well, she snapped her phone shut and pointed to the door. "Let me out. Now." Her whole body was shaking, but what she didn't realize was her arm that lifted revealed her scar from many years ago with his name on it.

When he looked over to see weather or not Reanna was still asleep...he met her gaze. Once he did that...he realized that, for the first time, just how beautiful her eyes were. Ian didn't say a thing as she looked over his well muscled, but lean and bare upper body. In that moment he realized that he had forgotten to put his shirt back on. It was a habit he a gotten used to, so in his eagerness to slid out of bed and check on Reanna...he forget the had removed it last night. But as soon as she finnished looked over him, asked him if he always went around without a shirt on. He chuckled but could see that the woman was visibly agitated...and that was without her speaking. He blinked at her in suprise as she demanded the door to be opened. Ian frowned at the tone of her voice and was about to speak when her phone rang. Knowing that because it was not a ringtone on either his or Maggie's cellphones. She went and found her phone and flipped it open. From where he was standing he saw the color drain from her face.

The blonde haired man walked forwards closer to her. She looked Ill again, like she might get weak and fall. But he stopped in his tracks when she roughly closed her phone, jamming her finger towards the door and demanding she be let out...now. His eyes were then diverted to a patch of her exposed skin. He could see something carved deeply into her skin...the letters as he could make them out were: I...A...N...his name. Without any hesitation he walked over to her and firmly but gently grabbed her arm, holding her arm in place as he leaned in closer to see the carving. He took his free hand and traced the letters with his finger tips before standing up strait and looking her in the eyes.

"I don't think you are in the situation to be making demands...especially since you have my name carved into your side....why is that anyways? Maggie and I brought you back here so you would not freeze to death...so sounding so angry dosn't sit very well with me. I havn't seen you for almost fifteen years and you are still my cloest friend but you seem so eager to get away from me. If this is about your father, I don't see why you see me as so defenseless...he may be a killer but I am a Police Officer. So not only do I know how to defend myself with or without a weapon...I put people like him away in Jail...It is my job..." he said with a sigh, releasing her arm. "If I let you go...you are going to run and he is just going to follow you...it won't ever end. Not until he kills you as well...let me help you end this...you of all people deserve to be free again...to not have to constantly look over your shoulder..."

He said, pleading in his vivid green eyes and in his soft expression. Frowning softly he tries to relax but is much too tense to do so.

Once Ian had grabbed her firmly yet gently she hissed through her teeth, not used to being touched by males, she tried to yank herself away and took a deep breath. "Listen you have to let me go..." And when she felt his fingers tracing the the letters in her skin, goose bumps started to arouse on her skin, and a shiver ran up her spine. "Ian, let me go..." She spoke, yet she didn't do anything she kind of tried to yank away but didn't really try all that much hard. When he spoke, she narrowed her eyes, and got the strength to rip her body from his grasp, and she started yelling through gritted teeth to not wake Maggie up. "Listen here, you... That was a long time ago, because I missed you! You were my only friend! What else was I going to do?! I tried to kill myself because I didn't know if you were alright, but it didn't work, my stupid foster father caught me, and sent me to another foster home..."

Reanna was now shaking, her hands clenched at her sides. "Well you should have let me freeze to death then Ian! It would have been nicer than to ever see you without your shirt on!" She then turned from him, and walked towards the door that was still locked and started to loudly bang her fists on the door. "You better let me out or your wife to be will wake up!" She growled through her teeth and continued to bang on the door until her hands hurt then she dropped her hands, and glared at the floor. "I will not get you involved with this so don't even try, you hear me?!" She turned her rage on him, although there was a spot of fear in her eyes. "I will not let him do to you what he did to my family... I will not let him break apart your's and Maggie's happiness, it's why I just want to go so that he won't even find you and I won't be a bother..." This time she dropped to her knees on the ground. "Just let me go..."

He listened to her intently as she proceeded to yell at him though gritted teeth. She told him that she had carved his name into her side because she had missed him, he being her only friend. That She had tried to kill herself to make everything alright again because she didn't know if he was alright. But one of her foster father caught her and sent her away again to another foster home. Ian could see how angry she was, how tense she was by looking at her hands. They were clenched into tight balls by her sides...and she spoke again saying that he should have let her freeze to death. When she dealt the insult he ignored it, not holding it against her in her anger and desperation to get away from here. Reanna then turned and made a beeline for the door. Once she got there she proceeded to sharply, and loudly bang on the door, saying that he better let her go or she would wake Maggie. It was true enough, the banging would probably wake her since she was a light sleeper...but...he couldn't bring himself to go over and stop her from banging on the door. Eventully she stopped and and scowled at the floor. In her next statement she said she refused to get him involved and to not try to help.

Reanna looked over to him, rage in her eyes. But there was something more...something much more. It was a a deep seeded fear...and it made his heart drop to his belly. Continuing, his long standing friend told him that she wasn't going to let her father ruin the happiness that he had found. It was why she wanted to go...so he didn't find him and so she wouldn't be a bother to him. Ian went over to her as she dropped to her knees, seemingly in defeat. The man crouched infront of her and looks into her eyes, sadness in his own. A desperation all his own, pleading her to let him help, but knew the awnser already.

"Reanna...If he knows where you are now...he will know where I am anyways. But I can't help you if you won't let me and I know you won't. But I might now have a choice anyways because of my job...but if you don't want to be here I can't, won't force you to stay...but please...PLEASE don't disappear on me, don't leave me here to wonder where you are, wonder if your alive...promise me you won't hurt yourself anymore and promise me you will come back. Because if you don't, I WILL come looking for you...you hear me? I am NOT going to abandon you..."

Standing back up strait he went over to the counter, grabbed his keys and came back over. After reaching out his hand, he pulled her to her feet. Then he pulled her into a hug, hugging her tightly and whispered to her: "Be safe..." before reluctantly letting go and unlocking the door for her.

Reanna listen to his words intently, and although she said nothing, she couldn't say anything. No words came to mind when he pulled her to her feet. She felt like a zombie, every one she was loving was dying. She couldn't live with herself if Ian died before he got to marry his Maggie. She gritted her teeth and looked away a bit. She wasn't going to go anywhere, in fact she had a new plan all in general, when he unlocked the door, she simple looked at the door and then she looked back to him and shook her head. "Well, fuck you too Ian. I can't leave now. You just made a point, if he knows where I a, he knows where you are, and I will not let your death be my fault." She gritted her teeth, and gripped her phone tightly in one hand. "You still have my number right?"

In stead of waiting for his answer, she looked around and then down at herself. "I'm going, I'll be back though. I'm getting some new clothes and going to find someone. I'm sorry that I have to do this, but I have to protect you guys..." She looked down, turned and opened the door, closing it after she left the building and walking away from the house. She headed in town and found a clothing store, but of course she had no money so she went to the place, and waited for everyone to be busy doing something she then tucked a pair of jeans and a shirt in her jacket, she then left. After getting dressed in a alley-way she made her way to another house.

Ian was surprised and not so surprised to hear those words from her as he finnished unlocking the front door. She had looked to the door and back to him, visibly and verbally now upset at him. But he did bring up a valid point, and she finally recognized it. Now her father would know they were here and she made that known to him...saying that she was not going to let his death fall into her own fingers. He watched as her body tensed, her hands clenching around her cellphone and teeth clenched. The woman asked if he still had her number but before he could confirm he still did she told him that she was going but would be back, that she was going to find someone and apologized for it. But it was what had to be done to protect him and Maggie. It unsettled him...what kind of person was she going to bring back if she had to apologize for it? He let out a shaky breath and shut the door behind his childhood friend. When he locked the door he turned around he saw the house was still empty. Looking around the grown an sighed heavily and went over to the kitchen area. It was small but served it's purpose well. He made Maggie's faveorite breakfast...Blueberry pancakes with sausage and fresh fruit.

His wife to be was still asleep when he was finnished...much to his surprise, so he went back and climbed back on the bed. He scooted closer to her and gently, loving roused her from her sleep with gentle kisses and good mornings. Leading her into the kitchen she was pleasantly surprised by the meal that was ready...they both sat at the table and ate while they talked. When she asked where his friend had gone he told her that she had to go run some errands, that she would be back...soon...hopefully.