I Write Like...

Awww. You wacky wabbits. This is like playing the lottery. I went on the site a few minutes ago, not for the first time as we've played this game before, and just typed the worst drivel that came into my head (below). And currently I write like... James Joyce!

Hah hah hah. (So not.)

Drivel:

My dear Sir Butterbutt. Damn your hide! I shall never see another day of it! Oh what pustules of pleasure shall roil about in my memory when I purpose your mental portrait.

Well, enough of that and alack, for 'tis time for my daily tiger taming lesson.

"You brute!" I shrieked, wrestling the great beast to the mat. "There is no twang in 'fang.' You fancy foreigner!"

"Take him away," I ordered curtly, snapping a stray mammoth or two in twain.

I wiped my brow with the great green kerchief embroidered with depressed whaling crews, a souvenir of the last bloody war between the Western yaks and my Aunt Farthingale, and sighed to see yet another forlorn shape carried away on a litter made of legos.

It was dark. It was light. I snarled. I wept. And fired 20 rounds from my beloved silver-handled gatling gun into the great beyond, the light twinkling maliciously at the demon soul that was I.

I am just that good.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
Apparently my solo writing is similar to Dan Brown's writing. Color me pleased. I'm not the biggest fan but I'm certainly not opposed.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
For fun, I put in a post I just did and got Stephen King.
I wonder what things it chooses specifically.
I know that the about says that they basically fed the machine works by those authors and said "this is Author" but I am curious still about what specific things.

Some things actually seem quite clear.
Like, Ravenfrost, I know you thought it was silly but I can actually sort of see the reasoning for putting that little writing snippet under "Joyce". Words like "pleasure" and "memory" for instance strike me as very "Joyce" words and the tone doesn't seem out of place either.

My most recent roleplay post got Arthur Clarke. I have no idea who that is.

The excerpt I give to nosey people who insist on reading my writing got Anne Rice, which I see a lot of others have also gotten. But again, I have no idea who that is.

Lastly, an excerpt from the grotesque monstrosity that came of this past NaNoWriMo..... H.G. Wells. Sweet.

Reactions: Anguissette
Anne Rice apparently. I haven't read her work - does that mean I'd enjoy it?

I fed it one of my posts from the Golden City prequels.

Apparently, Gertrude Stein...

Reactions: Starlighter
I posted my latest RP post and got J.K. Rowling. I can dig it.

I write like Stephen King! :)

Post writing and novel writing got me Agatha Christie. I think that's just fine by me. c:

I got Agatha Christie.

Stephen King.

I trust this about as much as I do WebMD.

For my latest piece I got Anne Rice.

(I'm going to keep going till I get Terry Pratchett and then stop writing and live off that glory forever)

Whaaaaaat. I got Stephen King for my Roleplay replies (don't know if I should be alarmed or flattered o_o) and my regular writing is akin to Terry Pratchet. I'll take it!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
For solo stuff, I apparently write like Agatha Christie, and for my roleplay replies, I got Anne Rice.

I am 100% okay with that

My practically ancient writing sample is apparently in the style of Vladimir Nabokov. That's nifty.

I got Cory Doctorow! I got him last time I tried this site a few years ago too, but I can't say I've ever read his stuff.

My latest RP gave me stephen king xD

*Tries a post from 2016*
Still stephen king :o I'm staying consistent xD

2015 is also stephen king... Hmpf, fine, lets go back to the very beginning of my rp journey D:

2011! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH STEPHEN KING!
Blood is unable to change TuT

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
"Fourscore and seven years ago our forefathers thought that we had been captured by aliens. However, we as human beings know that this is not the case, for by the unearthed knowledge of science, we know now that we are naught but descendants of primordial fungi and peat moss."

Apparently I am Edgar Allen Poe. Fuck yeah.