I wonder if things do work out in the end...

M

Moonlit Blade

Original poster
Well, here we are again... Okay, first note... I apologize ahead of time if this seems whiny or random...

Here we go... First and foremost, it turns out I may not be going to Washington after all. My friend will be rooming with two of her other friends, and it's up to them, so the chances are very very slim. I've been pretty down once I found out...

I've finally taken my GED tests. Easy enough, I'm almost positive I passed them... But recently, I was thinking about what I want to do with my life, and... I have no clue... To me, life just seems... Dull. There are no careers that truly inspire me or anything, and I don't know what to do with myself... I can't motivate myself to do anything, probably because right now, I don't really care so much as to what happens to me...

Also, and I admit, this may sound ridiculous, but I feel hella lonely... I mean, I'm not in any meaningful relationships, and I think that may have something to do with my lack of motivation... I have no one to do stuff for...

If anything, the one thing I want to do is suddenly develop amazing magical abilities and save people and stuff. >.< Weird, I know, but hey, it's why I'm feeling... I love helping those close to me, and injustice pisses me off, but I don't have the will to become a cop or go into law. ... Plus, I'm running on a GED, not the most prestigious of certificates...

So yeah... That's my little rant...

There are lots of great ways to devote your life to helping people and fighting injustice, besides being a cop or entering the legal field! You can become a teacher, a counselor, a social worker, a journalist, a doctor... really almost every job "helps others" in some way, when you get down to it. And no matter what job you eventually take, you can always volunteer your time in your community; at schools, places of worship or with local charities.

Don't worry about the GED being "not the most prestigious" - what matters is that you got it, and you're moving ahead! You should seriously consider going on to college, it opens so many doors that would be a lot harder to get across with just a GED/high school degree, and exposes you to new careers and ideas that might inspire you and help you decide which direction to take in life. Good luck, and keep us posted on how things go for you!