R

Random

Original poster
This one is basically what it says on the tin.
I'd like to play out some kind of journey or adventure through an unknown land. I don't particularly mind the bigger and more meta details, like how many characters we have or what genre it is (though this would definitely work best with high fantasy or sci-fi).

I don't really mind about character gender either, and romance isn't really a big focus for me. Like, I'm willing to play along if it gets instigated but otherwise I'm happy to leave it.

One thing I would like is magic, or something of that variety, to play around with. Special powers always make everything better, and magic, as versatile and broad as it is, is probably the best option for an adventure where there's something new every other scene. And, naturally, no journey through exotic lands is complete without some monster-slaying, so I'm looking for someone who is willing to write combat along the way.

I'm probably going to have an erratic posting schedule myself, being me, but I should be able to get something out anywhere between same day or same week, depending on the average post length, so I'd like to know your expected posting rates in advance. I'll try to match you. Sorry for being picky.

I'm also cool with OOC chat if you're into that. OOC chat is fun and good for the soul.

If you have any particular ideas for setups or reservations, feel free to voice them too. I like specific stuff, but it's not mandatory to have stuff planned out in advance. It is an adventure, after all. I do have a couple of plot ideas, and I'm going to keep adding to this list as I think of them, but this isn't cut and dry. I'd like to hear more ideas if anyone has them.

Without further ado, my ideas: [spoili]

"This is definitely a failing grade." (magic school students)
A pair of students at a magic school who would probably never interact of their own accord get partnered up to work on a project on transportation magic together. Maybe one is a prodigy in the making, while the other is substantially less talented. Perhaps both of them have some rare heritages that don't interact well. Or perchance it's something entirely different. Either way, through some improbable events caused by an unlikely pairing, they end up transporting themselves to the very edge of the world and need to find their way back home.

The worst way to lift curses (cursed x pilgrim)
One of the characters has managed to get themselves slapped with a nasty curse of some kind. Luckily, a pilgrim they come across is more than willing to lend them a hand, and so takes them on their journey in order to relieve them of their burden. However, the pilgrim is not exactly educated in such matters as this, and so they inadvertently end up taking every detour humanly possible on their journey to cure the curse.

An extremely troublesome rock (inheritor x ...uh)
A child of a noble family who has recently come of age inherits a magical stone from their late grandparents named the Lachryma, said to be the tear of a goddess. Along with this, they also inherit instructions that the Lachryma must be returned to an "altar at the end of the world" that it was originally taken from. Of course, being a sheltered young aristocrat, they're not exactly prepared for a journey through the big wide world, so they'll need to travel with the help of... uh, their childhood friend? A meddling mage who just happened to be passing through? The family's crossdressing ninja maid? I don't know. Honestly, this is probably the most open idea I have right now. Be prepared for something probably kind of out-there if you want to take the inheritor character.

[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bunch of plots full of adventure and monster slaying if youd like to see then.

Sounds good to me. I really am picky when it comes to these things though, so prepare yourself.

I'll send them in a pm hopefully we can work something out.

*wild giggling*

Yes let's do everything.

Have I accidentally summoned the spawns of the darkness? Because I'm absolutely cool with that.

That said, to be honest, I'm only really comfortable doing one thing at a time here, since I'm in a bunch of group RPs already and I haven't actually done a 1x1 before hahahaha what is premeditation. Long story short, it's not impossible to do both the ideas I suggested already, but they'd need to be either one at a time or we'd need to figure out some kind of fusion of the two...

It has come to my attention that I'm extremely difficult to work with.

Oh, and might I ask at what kind of rate you expect to be able to post?

I've managed to increase the number of ideas on my list by 50%.

Okay, I added one more. Shush. There'll be more. Eventually. Probably. Don't count on it.