I wanna live but i don't want you to die. signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what are the symptoms of GTX? and how far would the 6 have progressed/what symptoms did they experience before getting the 'cure'?

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
so what are the symptoms of GTX? and how far would the 6 have progressed/what symptoms did they experience before getting the 'cure'?

Ok so they have progressed to just starting. They are usually always tired, losing certain motor functions like over reach in for things and dropping stuff. At this point they are like 60 yearolds.

Once they get the shot they will SLOWLY start to get better.

Once they get the shot they will SLOWLY start to get better.
or get worse, right? in the cases of those who are going to get a shot that accelerates their symptoms..
unless you mean every single character will feel better for a short time after getting the shot, but then 3 of them start to react negatively to it?

also, what kind of symptoms would they face once that occurs? headaches? joint pain?tachycardia?...?

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to drop out of this. I hope you get everyone you need though.

or get worse, right? in the cases of those who are going to get a shot that accelerates their symptoms..
unless you mean every single character will feel better for a short time after getting the shot, but then 3 of them start to react negatively to it?

also, what kind of symptoms would they face once that occurs? headaches? joint pain?tachycardia?...?

Everyone will get better, the 3 I choose will start to feel the upgraded symptoms after a few weeks.

The symptoms can be found in the opening paragraph.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
The symptoms can be found in the opening paragraph.

Yeah but is there a specific order in which you start to lose senses (of which there are way more than 5)? Like first things start to go numb, then eyesight worsens, balance and hearing goes in and out...?
And what about drowning in blood? Do the lungs steadily fill with blood as organs start to fail? At what point on the timeline of symptoms/progression of the disease would someone start coughing up or vomiting blood?

It's okay if you haven't thought through every detail of it, but those who end up with the accelerated disease kinda need to know how it works. I could write up a timeline/progression of GTX for everyone if you want

PS what does GTX stand for?

Thanks! Here we go!

Character sheet

name: Momoka Kisaragi [如月.桃々花]; number 4
hobbies: figuring out ways to make money, getting blackmail information on people, reading
dislikes: being sick, losing/wasting money, bullies, having nothing to do, being restless

BIO:
Momoka grew up in the hospital and hated every second of it, being smart and stuck in clinical white walls made her a small target, to which her twin defends her from. Her parents were geniuses in their own field and understood why she was restless. They were financially stable but hospital stays weren't cheap and Momoka knew that. So it was then she had started figuring out ways on making money with her brother; Mirai, helping her. She's always been observant and found that people would pay good money on dirt on other people and despite her illness, Momoka felt strong, in power. She likes using her adorable and innocent look to her advantage and has earned good money by simply pretending to be kind. There are others who have fallen for her mask and there are those who haven't. When the "cure" was proclaimed, Momoka wasn't optimistic, though the possibility of losing her brother makes her fearful. She doesn't quite believe it to be true but if it were, the world better watch out. The Kisaragi twins are a formidable force together.
Accepted.

Name-
Kisaragi Mirai

Hobbies- biking, swimming, hiking, jogging, training, playing sports and video games

Likes- potato chips, egg dishes, karate, Rubik's cube, mecha anime, variety shows, action movies, pop/rock music

Dislikes- confinement, when he has to fast for tests, waiting, dramas

Bio-
Mirai despises having nothing to do so when left to his own devices, he would exercise. This made him pretty strong, but his attention span wouldn't last long enough for him to pay attention to his studies. As a result, he's mostly brawn and nothing much else. He isn't stupid although he thinks he is. He was given a Rubik's cube and he managed to understand how to solve it. He trusts his sister with everything, never questioning her or her requests. Despite it all, he's just shy and is open to having friends. He's a patient listener with a caring heart. He's willing to gamble on the cure but only if whatever happens, he and his sister would have the same result.

Part of the disease is getting physically weak/losing motor functions. I'm fine with him going out on walks and low impact stuff like that but it sounds like your character is hitting the gym. Also he seems smarter than depicted, being able to solve a rubix cube and all. Hes just getting close to being perfect. I don't want to seem like I'm knit picking that's just how I see it, if you have any concerns let me know. Feel free to revise those things and your set.

Name - Tomimo "Chiisai (小さい)" Haru (Number 2)

Age - 15

Hobbies - Playing her ukulele; singing; bird-watching; reading comics

Likes - Music; birds; shonen manga and anime (they're so exciting!); friends; people being happy; her dad

Dislikes - The dark; shots; math; people being sad

Bio - Despite growing up in a hospital, Tomimo has always maintained a positive disposition. She never fully grew up, and as such still acts a bit childish and immature; a personality trait that she mostly likely obtained from spending time with her overly positive father. Anyone who entered her room with a grim expression would end up leaving with a smile. She was excited to get the cure, as that meant she could finally explore the world outside her window and on her TV.

Her mother died in a train wreck two years after giving birth to her, so it was up to Tomimo's father, Shukei, to shoulder the monetary and emotional weight of his daughter's illness. Being a local musician, Shukei spent his down-time singing songs and playing the ukulele with his daughter (whom he lovingly calls 小さい, or "tiny"); which, due to being generally unknown to most of the populace, meant he had a lot of down-time.

Good however remember that the disease affects motor functions so playing an instrument might be difficult. Maybe you can add that she struggles cuz the illness. Fix that then accepted.

Name: Murakami Risa

Number 3

Hobbies: Sketching, Writing (mostly horror stories), Reading philosophy books, Listening to music

Likes: Honesty, Integrity, Freedom, Solitude, Stargazing, Watching the sunrise, Rain&Storms, Museums, History, Licorice, Jasmine Tea, and Violet

Dislikes: Lies and Liars/People who sugarcoat things, Nosy or unreasonable people, Flower Bouquets, Peanut butter, Screamo songs, and hot weather

Bio: Risa is a slim girl who stands at about 5'2 with black hair and fair skin. Her eyes are dark as well and she sort of looks like a modern, more edgy version of snow white...with Glasses. She's had problems with her vision since she was very young. She developed severe myopia as she grew older and tried to use contacts in order to do away with the glasses, but by the time she started high school (online of course), she had developed an intolerance for them and they weren't worth it. So now she wears thick glasses because taking them off would mean she couldn't identify anyone around her, especially in the hospital where most staff wear scrubs. She would know since she's lived there basically her whole life. Risa is the only child of Hironori and Chie Murakami who run a popular Hedgefund together, so while they could afford to let her stay in her own room at the hospital for 16 years, they rarely came to visit. The nurses were her friends because after knowing too many kids who lost their lives all around her, she gave up on getting close to anyone. She's quiet, introspective and nervous about actually leaving the hospital grounds to go to real school. Sure she'd read about it and watched plenty of movies, but going will be an entirely different experience.

Same things with the others remember they have limited motor function so drawing typing might be difficult. Just be concious of that and youre accepted

GTX

GTX- no special meaning. was labeled by the center of disease control.

The primary symptoms happen in this order.

-A steady loss of motor functions. Motor skills is the process by which humans and animals use their brain/cognition to activate and coordinate the muscles and limbs involved in the performance of an action.

-Extreme fatigue. Patients feel extremely tired for no reason, similar to insomnia but the patient just gets extremely weak instead of sleepy.

-loss of senses. Loss of touch, sight, smell, taste and hearing. This affects each patient differently. Some experience a sudden loss of all 5 others a slow loss of one at a time.

-Organ failure. The patients internal organs start to go into a frenzy. They speed up and stop at random times until they burst causing the patient to drown by internal bleeding as well as multiple organ failure.

If there are any more questions please let me know. Thank you @Ravenbelle for letting me know there was information needed.

loss of senses. Loss of touch, sight, smell, taste and hearing. This affects each patient differently. Some experience a sudden loss of all 5 others a slow loss of one at a time.

So how are these senses affected?

They speed up and stop at random times until they burst causing the patient to drown by internal bleeding as well as multiple organ failure.
Well that sounds terrifying. Did any of the 6 experience this particular stage before they got the 'cure' or would it be completely new to those who get accelerated symptoms?

Ps. I edited my character's bio. The tech she has in her computer allows her voice to translate to text for school assignments and stories. It also reads from websites out loud for her and stuff in case she doesn't want to wear her glasses at any given time. It's basically a program in her computer that's for visually impaired but it also helps a ton for those who can't type well, like our chars. I imagine she's not the only one with a program like that on her computer since the kids would have to get some sort of education in the hospital. Unless the hospital also provided tutors and teachers and stuff?

Reactions: Kurogane86
So how are these senses affected?

Well that sounds terrifying. Did any of the 6 experience this particular stage before they got the 'cure' or would it be completely new to those who get accelerated symptoms?

Ps. I edited my character's bio. The tech she has in her computer allows her voice to translate to text for school assignments and stories. It also reads from websites out loud for her and stuff in case she doesn't want to wear her glasses at any given time. It's basically a program in her computer that's for visually impaired but it also helps a ton for those who can't type well, like our chars. I imagine she's not the only one with a program like that on her computer since the kids would have to get some sort of education in the hospital. Unless the hospital also provided tutors and teachers and stuff?

Senses slowly fade away. Like if sight goes the field of vision will blacken slowly until you are completely blind.

The 6 have got to stage two. So loss of motor function and extreme fatigue. If the character's get the disease again they will start over. First loss of motor skills (slowly so they can still function). Second extreme fatigue, then loss of senses. Senses will slowly fade out so 100%-80%-60%-40%-20-complete loss of senses. The final stage is erratic organ function. When this stage hits the patient has a few days max. The whole disease should kill the patient in 6-8 months

• Thank You
The whole disease should kill the patient in 6-8 months
And the 6 that get the accelerated symptoms die in 6 to 8 months or is it even less than that?

Sorry forgot to add stuff about education. Since G Corp. Is at fault they have been covering the kids treatments as well as their education costs. A tutor shows up twice a week for instruction and the rest of the time they work from workbooks and laptops.

• Love
And the 6 that get the accelerated symptoms die in 6 to 8 months or is it even less than that?

That is the accelerated rate the normal rate is anywhere from 6 months to 8 years. The 6 are the only patients to make it 16.

• Thank You
Hey, sorry, I'm gonna have to pull out.

Things are getting pretty crazy around here, and I barely have enough time for the RP I'm already in. Good luck, though!

Whoops sorry! It has been a busy, busy week >.< But I'll try to get my CS up tonight!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurogane86

Name-
Kisaragi Mirai

Hobbies- biking, swimming, hiking, jogging, training, playing sports and video games

Likes- potato chips, egg dishes, karate, mecha anime, variety shows, action movies, pop/rock music

Dislikes- confinement, when he has to fast for tests, waiting, dramas

Bio-
Mirai despises having nothing to do so when left to his own devices, he would exercise. His attention span wouldn't last long enough for him to pay attention to his studies. As a result, he's very restless even if he gets tired and wheezy. He isn't exactly stupid although he thinks he is. He just has little patience to sit still and think about things. He trusts his sister with everything, never questioning her or her requests. Despite it all, he's just shy and is open to having friends. He's a patient listener with a caring heart. He's willing to gamble on the cure but only if whatever happens, he and his sister would have the same result.

Everything looks good but his hobbies are still to active. Remember they have been confined to the hospital since birth

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.