I Told You it Would Get Better...2

Celia giggled and blinked a few times, nodding to Bryan's proposition. She gripped her vodka in one hand, standing up and stretching, almost falling over in the process. "I'll turn on the air conditioner, too. That way, we're good to go when we get back inside." While Celia may not have sounded drunk, the alcohol was certainly flowing right to her brain, making her more giggly than normal. She tossed her cell phone on the bed, not thinking she would get a text or call; she was somewhat tipsy, after all. Smiling, she took Bryan by the hand and pulled him to the balcony, opening the door and stepping outside into the cooler-than-the-room's-temperature breeze. The slight bit of wind grabbed the hair from behind her ear and playfully threw it about her face, tickling her nose and cheeks. "It's nice out here."

Bryan smiled, "Sorry Celia, I'm drunk. Completely drunk and had to get away from Kanda's berating eyes. It's almost like she undresses you with her eyes!" He smiled and took Celia's hand. "I'm pretty glad you guys decided to say hi to me." He leaned down and kissed Celia's forehead. "I have to admit, I'm kind of a nerd, but I can't even show it in school. That's why I was happy to come with you guys...with you. I feel like I can be myself around you guys." He turned around and leaned against the balcony. He peered into the room where Alex, Isa, and Kanda sat. "For some reason though, I'm afraid after tonight nothing is going to change in school you know?"

Celia smiled and stood next to Bryan on the balcony, snuggling up to his side as she listened to him speak. She let her head rest against his chest. "For the record, I'm half drunk. Well, maybe three fifths. No, more like two thirds. Anyways, I'm really glad I got to meet you. I think all of us are. It was odd to see a popular guy at--hic--the mall. It was a surprise. And even if nothing changes, at least we know the real you. In fact, you could even make us popular." Grinning stupidly, Celia swayed slightly, a case of the hiccups surfacing in her throat. She laughed.

Bryan sighed and took her face in his hands, cupping her cheeks on either side. Her face was warm on his palms. "I don't know about being popular. It's not that fun honestly." His lips gently brushed against hers as he kissed her. His hands dropped from her face to her shoulders and he stood up fully with a large grin on his face.

Celia's cheeks became brighter with the blush that tainted her skin. She was already somewhat flushed from the alcohol, but his proximity to her made her blush even more. She wondered how popularity wasn't fun. 'I mean, you get to go to all those parties and stuff. Seriously. It sounded like a bla- ' She was stopped in mid thought as Bryan--The most popular guy in school--ceased his speaking and kissed her softly. It might have just been the alcohol mixing into her bloodstream through her stomach, but she suddenly felt light, as though there were butterflies flying upwards in her stomach and pushing her upwards. She figured that it was just the vodka thinning out her blood. Somehow she could remember characteristic properties of matter in her drunken state, yet not what she ate for dinner last night. As Bryan stood up, Celia giggled and hiccuped. She couldn't help either, they simply slipped out from her lips. She giggled and stepped forward slightly to wrap her arms around him, sort of hugging him, sort of cuddling him.

(Aww... This is so cute, guys! I'm sorry I disappeared!)

Isa laughed at Kanda's comment about her not wanting to touch her brother.
"Yeah, I have no desire to spend anymore time any closer to Alex.... And no offense, Kanda, but I'm just going to stay over here." She said, taking another swig of rum and leaning back a little. She wondered if she was drunk yet, it was hard to tell.

Alex rolled his eyes at Isa, watching her as she drank more despite the fact that the game wasn't really going on anymore.
"More snuggles for us, then." He said, looking over at Kanda and pulling her a little closer to him.

Qeith had staggered home to do his chores. His mother had scolded him harshly in the foreign language before allowing him to go out and do whatever he wanted. As he headed out to his car, he fished the cell phone out of his pocket, the red plastic hitting the sun at an angle, sending a ray of light into his eyes for a brief moment. Finally, he dialed Isa's number. He couldn't remember how he had gotten it, yet it still appeared on his phone. He smiled as he pressed the "Talk" button, hoping she would pick up her phone. I bet she's probably already too busy to answer. His smile faltered slightly as the phone rang, and rang, and rang. He was about to give up.

Isa was watching Kanda and Alex with mild interest and drinking her rum (the bottle was mostly empty at this point) when her phone started to buzz. She set down the bottle, and reached into her bra to fish out her phone. The number wasn't one she recognized. "What the hell?" she thought, wondering who was calling her at this time. "Hello? This is Isabel." She said, learning from past experience that it was always best to be polite when answering unknown numbers.

Qeith was about to pull the phone away from his ear when there was a clicking noise, and a pretty, and rather drunk voice came across the receiver. He blinked. "H-hey Isa. It's Qeith. I was wondering if, uh, you maybe, uh, wanted to like, uh... Hang out, or something?" Qeith couldn't help his stuttering. He was never good with girls, to be honest. The only reason he had hit it off with Kanda was... Now that he thought about it, he wasn't sure why he was so relaxed with Kanda. That was just plain weird. He opened the door to the car and got in, sitting in the chair and closing the door, neglecting to buckle himself in. He stared stupidly out the window for a moment, listening to Isa speak.

Isa was rather surprised to hear Qeith on the phone. It surprised her even more to hear the nervousness in his voice, and to hear him asking if she wanted to hang out. She had gotten the impression that he wasn't the nervous type of guy, and that she hadn't made a great impression on him- that he had been more interested in Kanda. Uh, sure. That would be fun. We're still at the hotel, why don't you come here? She suggested, still in a bit of shock. She stared down at her hands, wondering why the sudden interest in her. Qeith seemed cool, she just hadn't thought he had even thought much of her.

(I'm going to be gone the next week- I know you know that Lacey, but just so Lee-Lee knows. And you guys don't think I just stopped caring and poofed)

Bryan shivered a bit as he wrapped his arms around Celia's head. "It's interesting to see all of us happy here. Especially someone like Kanda. I know her brother he's kind of an asshole." Bryan shrugged and held her tighter. I wonder if he'll stop by tonight like he always. Bryan had experience that fiasco already.

Kanda couldn't help overhearing Isa's phone conversation.
Someone's coming here? She shuddered in Alex's arms at the thought. Her face burned red as she thought of the unanswered text messages on her phone.

Celia smiled and giggled, nodding against his chest. She had never met Kanda's older brother, seeing as she had only known Kanda for a small amount of time. Nonetheless, she and Kanda were very well acquainted by now, therefore, she thought it would be fine to meet her brother had she the chance to. "Is he really? Perhaps that was why she kinda flipped on you? Maybe. I don't know." The vodka swirled around her head, making her somewhat dizzy and giggly, as though she had been given a small dose of laughing gas. She looked up to Bryan, her arms wrapped around his torso, which was good for two reasons; one, she was pretty much holding herself up by grasping him. Secondly, he was very warm, and it was actually rather cold outside now. The breeze had picked up slightly, causing her to hold him a little tighter, shuddering some.

Qeith smiled some at the offer. "S-sure! Yeah! Is that, um, alright? I mean, with everyone else? I don't want to be awkward, and stuff. Um. Yeah." Qeith trailed off, unsure of what to say. He sat up a bit straighter in his seat, gripping the steering wheel, knuckles the color of chalk. It would be cool to go swimming with her, and such, but he was suddenly so shy! Why was this? It was something that surprised himself, even.

(ERR MAH GERD! I'm so sorry I haven't posted! Things have been kinda crazy with my life lately, and Lady just reminded me that I needed to check here, because there was a post, and I hadn't posted, and it was necessary for me to post, and so on and so fourth. Plus, I can't get on at school via kindle to type everything, so I have to wait until AFTER play practice on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, then on Wednesdays, I have a cello lesson until 7, so I don't get home until 7:45, which means I only have a little time to do geometry and such before sleeping (Because by that time, I'm ready to die.) And on Thursdays, I have KVYO with Lady, which means I don't get home until around 9, so I basically do some homework, then pass out doing it! xD Anyways, I'm really sorry! I don't know how much I'll be on next week, either, because I have play practice until 10 on some nights. *Dies right then because, well, Bri needs her sleep. And when she doesn't get her sleep, she sleeps in class. Then fails her tests. Like a boss* So, I have no idea what my schedule will be for this next week, but I'll try to be on as much as I possibly can! Thank you!!)

Alex looked down at Kanda was a slightly concerned look at the feeling of her shuddering. Her face was turning red, "Kanda? Are you okay?" He asked her, concern filling his voice. He hoped whatever was wrong wasn't his fault. He really liked Kanda, and he didn't want to upset her And he really cared for her too, so it made him kind of worried to see her looking upset. I just met this girl... Is it crazy to care so much?

Isa smiled a bit at how nervous Qeith sounded on the phone, the way his voice was trailing off and a silence ensuing. "No, I'm sure it'll be fine. They all like you, more than they like me, at least." She assured him with a small shrug, though she knew he couldn't see it, as they were on the phone and everything. "And if they're not cool with it, then we can just go somewhere else. Honestly, they don't seem like they're planning on going swimming, so we could go to the pool here."

Kanda wiggled her way out of Alex's hold, "Hold on one second darling?" Ruffling Alex's hair and winking she slinked toward the door trying to remain confident. Reaching into her back pocket, she was surprised to find her phone was already vibrating. Looks like my ass is a shock absorber; I didn't feel it vibrating at all. Her thumb hovered over the touchscreen, unsure whether she should really answer the call she had been dreading.

"Hello?"

"So mom and dad claim you're not coming home tonight. You know that it's a school night right?"

"What...the...fuck?"

"Oh Kassandra. Oh Kanda Bear. Oh Kassandra Teleri. Where did you learn filthy words like that?" The mocking tone in Kevin's voice took her aback. "Kev...are you on something?"

The line died, leaving Kanda confused on the other end. Her brother was too protective over her.
Please, don't let him come here and creep out everyone.
A melodic beep from her phone broke her from her reverie.

"What room?"

The color drained from Kanda's face.
Fuck.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On the balcony Bryan could feel Celia shivering in his arms.
"I would offer you a jacket, but since I'm just in a tee that's out." Without any warning he grabbed Celia's hands and gently pushed them underneath his shirt. His stomach automatically flexed when her cold hands touched his skin.

He put his chin on top of her head and stared off into the distance.

"So, that Qeith guy...do you know him?"

He tried not to sound jealous, but he was sure she detected something in his voice.

Reactions: 1 person
Celia blushed a deep red as he slipped her hands up his shirt. He was warm, causing her hands to automatically flex wide open, trying to get the warmth to touch as much of her skin as they could. She rocked back and forth slightly, letting them sway there for a moment. "Do I know him? not particularly well. He's my neighbor, kinda. A good enough friend of mine. He asked me out once." Celia was silent for a moment, unsure of how to finish that thought. "I'll be right back." Celia took her hands from his warm skin, running back inside long enough to grasp the down comforter off the bed, then dash back out onto the balcony, smiling at Bryan as she sat in the corner, patting the ground beside her. She really hoped that he would sit down with her.

Qeith pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, grinning to himself. He conjured the phone from his pocket, sending Isa a quick text, telling her to meet him in the lobby in five. He pulled the bag of booze and swim trunks from the back seat, then walked in.

Alex smiled after Kanda, wondering where she was going and hoping all was okay. While he waited for her to return, he stretched out his legs, looking across the room at Isa. "Who was that?" He asked his sister curiously.

"Just a friend," Isa replied quickly, glancing down to read the text from Qeith, "A friend who just got here." She added, setting down her bottle of rum, and standing up. And with a small wave, she left Alex alone in the room. As she passed by a mirror, she stopped momentarily to look at herself. The mirror image of her blinked back at her with wide, brown eyes. Her cheeks were flushed pink from the alcohol, and she smoothed her dark hair. She put on a dab of lip gloss, and she felt a little bit of nervousness about Qeith. But she pushed it away with a self-confident smile to herself, and turned away from the mirror. When she reached the lobby he was already there. ​"Hi,"

Groaning, Bryan gingerly slid down the balcony to sit beside Celia. His knees were acting up in the cold weather. He surveyed the room with a cold stare; Isa was leaving and Kanda seemed freaked out about something.

"Celia, what is the difference between you and Isa? Why is she popular and you're not?"

He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, feeling the heat radiating from the alcohol. He was drunk and rambling about things that didn't matter to this girl he just met. This was not how he planned on spending his first day of school. Snuggling close to her he leaned down to put his head on her shoulder. He had to bend awkwardly to reach her shoulder, but it was worth it.

I'm not going to let my jealousy ruin this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kanda decided ignoring the text message was best. She considered even going to a different place. When Isa brushed past her, Kanda shot her a venomous look.
Would she know him?

Shaking the idea immediately out of her head she turned back to Alex.
"Hey...let's go explore this place a bit." The quiver in her voice gave her nervousness away; she tried to quickly clear her throat to hide it.

She took his hand without waiting for a reply and tugged until he was standing.

"Come on!"

"The difference between me and Isa.... I think she is far more beautiful and skinny and pretty and that kind of stuff. People want to be around her. She's not really nerdy, even though she's pretty damn smart. And she can drink a lot, and she can probably party like a boss, and she's really outgoing, and super courageous, and really nice." Celia took a breath, then went over everything she had just said. How silly of her to say her innermost thoughts aloud. Oh well, she couldn't really do anything about it now, except finagle her way out of it. Celia rested her head on Bryan's.

"Hey." Qeith grinned at Isa, shoving his hands in his pockets. He did feel awkward, but the feeling that ebbed at him was slowly going away with every minute. "How are ya?"

Alex's face broke into a smile when he saw Kanda turn back to him, inviting him to come explore the hotel with her. Her voice sounded slightly nervous, but he didn't ask about it, as he wasn't sure if she would want to tell him. She was tugging at his arm until he was up on his feet. "Come on!" He laughed at the sound of her excitement. "Okay, where too?" He asked her with a grin, not letting go of her hand.

"Good, less bored now that you're here," Isa told him happily, smiling back at him. Qeith was actually pretty cute, hot even, she realized as she looked at him. "How about you?" She asked, glancing down at her feet as she felt a moment of nervousness, though she wasn't sure yet.

With a hearty laugh, Bryan ruffled Celia's hair. "Come on, you know none of that is true at all." He took her hand, and with his finger, traced tiny circles on his palm. "The only difference, is you don't put yourself out there like she does. That's pretty scary don't you think? Who wants to be so assertive all the time?" The circles turned into his name on her palm. The calloused fingertips caught on her smooth skin, tickling Celia's palm. "There's a reason why I picked you and not Isa." Immediately he wished he didn't say that. What if she took it the wrong way? God, I'm such an idiot. What makes me special enough to 'pick' her?

His mouth became a fountain for mumbles and excuses.
"I-I didn't mean...You didn't take it like...That came out all wrong...W-What I really meant..."
He wanted to kick himself for being an idiot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Winking at Alex she placed her hand in his back pocket. "Why should we sit here and do nothing? Let's go see how nice or not nice this hotel really is!"

Kanda tossed Alex's arm around her neck. She led him down to the lobby where Qeith and Isa were still standing. Stopping cold in her tracks she stared at the guy she was flirting with earlier. "Erm...Alex, maybe we should go check out the indoor pool first. Or even the dining room. Just not here." There she goes being awkward again. She looked past Qeith and Isa to the front door when her brother's car pulled up. "Okay, now we really have to go!"