ART I Tattooed a Turkey Once

Discussion in 'SHOWCASING' started by SlowInfect, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Hello Iwaku! As a recent transfer, I felt it was my obligation to provide an art dump for everyone to view.

I wasn't kidding about the turkey (open)
    [​IMG]

These are some of my watercolors (oldest to newest) (open)

That looks familiar, doesn't it?

[​IMG]

No Mercy for Swine-- Lord of the Flies inspired
    [​IMG]

Lotus Flowers
    [​IMG]

Beauty of a Frozen Moment
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A self portrait
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digital Work (old to new) (open)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be adding more as I draw them. Thank you for taking the time to look through my work.

#1 SlowInfect, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    • Love Love x 7
  2. Your work looks phenomenal <3

I look forward to seeing more.

• Thank Thank x 1
  3. You're art is so pretty :o And the Turkey xD But the lightbulb <3 And the shiny metal designs o.o

You seem to have a flexible art style :3

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. Loved this the first time I saw it how many months ago, still love it now. Great work!

• Thank Thank x 1
  5. @Melon
    I'll thank you again on this thread. Thanks!

I usually try not to reply on my art threads without posting an image as well. However, as my drawings become more complicated, it takes longer to finish each piece. As of such, I may be responding intermittently to let people know what I'm actually doing with my time.

@Noctis the Devious
    Thank you! As an artist, I've had a few jobs over the years that have different style requirements. It's handy at times, but the inconsistency makes it a little more difficult to make a name for myself. From an independent perspective, it's easier to find clients if one carves out a niche. Yet, if I was contracting for a company, the versatility makes things easier.

@keloryn
    I'm so glad you like it! Sadly, there's only a couple more than what you saw on RPN, but I promise that I'm working on more.

Currently, I'm in the process of two larger projects. The first being an illustration I'll be submitting to be in a published collective. This book is a homage to the children's stories Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and is being written/illustrated by my favorite artist Shawn Coss. He will be accepting 15-20 other artist to be featured in the project.

If anyone is interested-- here in a link. Kindergarten: Tragic Stories by Shawn Coss

Secondly, I am working on painting/carving a skateboard deck that will be featured in an art gallery during September. I don't have as many details on this, but it does come with possibility of my design being printed/sold at local skate shops.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post all of this soon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Here are a few things for you today.

1. A cat stuck in a doughnut.
    2. Three quick self portraits that I did for my digital painting class. One will become a more refined piece.

The skateboard and the book illustration are still on their way. I am quite literally putting my sweat and blood into this.

A doughnut (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Well, I have officially submitted my piece for the book. This is not the particular project I have bled over (maybe sweated.) As of such, here is it for all of you view as well. Now back to chipping my knuckles away with wood carving tools.

Fair warning: It contains themes of suicide.

A matter of time (open)

The clock is something we’ve all tied our noose to, and like a festering tumor– is a constant reminder of our demise.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm starting to realize that the notification settings on the forums are automatically set to off, so I'm probably posting this without anyone noticing. However, I did say I was going to post the skateboard when I finished it.

Skateboard Carving (open)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Out of curiosity, was it a one-off with the turkey or have you done more tattooing work?
    I think that your self-portrait was especially nicely done but your work overall is charming.

10. Well, I was in the process of becoming a tattoo artist. It wasn't long after I finished my apprenticeship, that I busted my wrist while skateboarding. I haven't been able to hold a tattoo gun properly since. Luckily, that doesn't translate to drawing too.

Thank you. I'm assuming that you mean the water-colored self portrait, as the studies aren't anything to crow about. I try to do a self-portrait every three years as a way release built up emotions. However, digital painting class has increased that immensely. While the studies aren't too exciting, I just completed the final version of my self portrait for the class.

Another F@&%#ng Self Portrait (open)
    [​IMG]