3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi, Modern, Apocalypse, Action and adventure, Steampunk, Dieselpunk, People with Powers, some historical eras, lots and lots of other things. Feel free to ask.
Spectre's Request
My General Stuff

Hello! I'm Spectre of the Fade, though people usually call me Spec or Sam, and welcome to my request thread. If I grab your interest, please send me a PM. c: Here's some basic stuff about me:
♤ 21 years old

♤ She/her

♤ 11 years roleplay experience - 12 this summer

♤ Hufflepuff

♤ Massive nerd

I'm a proud cat person who spends most of my free time playing video games or messing around in my test thread here on Iwaku. I'm currently a part-time student seeking an associates degree at my local community college, though luckily I'm sticking to online classes. My native timezone is PST since I live on the west coast of the US of A. As I'm a night person who must occasionally adult during "normal human hours", my waking schedule is strange at the best of times, so I'm not particular at all which timezone you're in or what your schedule looks like. ^^

I have a Discord - feel free to poke me for it. Definitely the easiest and most consistent way to get ahold of me. That said, I will not roleplay over Discord. The character limit has done me wrong in the past and I'm still nursing a grudge.
My Writing Stuff

♤ I'm an experienced roleplayer and writer. I make mistakes, as everyone does, but my grammar is decent and I try to check my posts over for spelling errors. My post expectation level sits around adept to advanced.

♤ Length isn't nearly as important to me as writing quality, but my "goal" for an average post is 3+ paragraphs.

♤ If you're seeking a frequent poster, I am not that person. An optimistic post frequency for me is once or twice a week; my life is hectic and I often don't have the time, energy, or inclination to post. On the plus side, I'll be patient with you.

♤ OOC chat is awesome. I love it, it keeps me engaged, and bet that I'll engage it often. Sending my partner message chains filled with ideas and/or headcanons is one of my pre-bedtime rituals.

♤ Romance and fluffy romantic nonsense are my favorites, and I request at least one romantic pairing in anything we plot together.

♤ Character-wise, I can do multiple main characters, and I'm comfortable taking on minor characters and NPCs. My minor characters and NPCs will vary in terms of gender and sexuality - my main characters will typically be male/masculine. I can and occasionally do make female/feminine main characters, but any prospective partner shouldn't expect me to play one.

♤ Pairing-wise, I prefer MxM - it's the romantic pairing type I have the most experience in. I'm comfortable with other pairings.

♤ I use realistic faceclaims for my characters. Actors, models, other celebrities, etc. I can use art on request.

♤ I will always make a character sheet for my main character(s). They serve as a neat place to stash character information, plus I get to flex my coding muscles. c:

♤ Notes on BB Code: I love looking at and making pretty codes. I will make codes for my character sheets, and I will make codes for my IC posts. I don't require that from my partner.

♤ Notes on dark subjects: Violence and gore don't squick me. I'm okay reading a lot of things I won't write, though I prefer if the serious dark stuff sticks to character backstories. Feel free to ask if you want a more comprehensive list of my preferences.

♤ Notes on smut: I won't even consider smut with anyone under 18, as per site rules. That stated, the last time I wrote smut was in 2013. If you're a redstar and we get to a smut scene, please be patient and understand I may request to fade to black.

What I'm Looking For

♤ Patience. I take a minor age with everything writing-related - if that ever has you questioning if I'm still interested in our thing, feel free to ask me about my interest level.

♤ Honesty. Let me know if you're losing interest, want to switch out a character, dislike a plot point, etc. I'll give you the same courtesy.

♤ A forum roleplay. PMs have a tight width and I am far too attached to my codes to roleplay in them.

♤ Adept to advanced writing. Length isn't a big concern, but effort is.

♤ At least one romantic pairing. I'm a sucker for romance, what can I say?

♤ Realistic faceclaims - either photos (actors, models, celebrities, etc.) or art in a realistic or semi-realistic style. Photos definitely preferred. Anime is always gonna be a no.

♤ Character sheets. No need to make them super detailed, though mine may be.

♤ Discord. This is more a request than a requirement; I like using Discord for OOC talk.

The Plot

Right now, I'm mainly looking for one specific premise. It's much more tame and slice-of-life-y than my usual fare - if you want to spice the concept up with fantasy elements or a setting that isn't regular old modern times, shoot me your ideas. I'm looking to play Character B.
Character A was an asshole in highschool; a painful home life caused them to take their pain out on their classmates. Character B, someone with their own set of problems, was one of A's favorite targets. After graduation, they parted ways far from friends. Ever since, A's been trying to conquer their personal demons and improve as a person, while B's been doing their best to become something more than the names A called them. Years later, the pair encounter one another in a random bar, completely by coincidence.

If that isn't your style, feel free to toss something else my way. Here's a (disorganized) list of vague things I'm into roleplaying:
♤ People with powers

♤ Modern, modern with a twist

♤ Science fiction

♤ Fantasy

♤ High fantasy

♤ Action, adventure

♤ Cyberpunk, steampunk, clockpunk, dieselpunk

♤ Dragon Age

♤ Apocalyptic

♤ Historical, historical with a twist

♤ Pacific Rim

With that, I'm finished with my spiel. If I've got your interest, send me a PM with what you're looking for, any questions you might have, and maybe some stuff about yourself. c:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: moffnat and junebug