I see the invisible children, do you?

When I weigh everything up personally all the negatives to achieve one positive doesn't really seem logical to me. It seems like even doing anything against Kony is pointless now, and what we will be doing could cause more problems or support just as bad people. Overall its misinformation. They are good filmmakers ill give them that, but thinking about it...If the founders of IC still know all these things and are still going after Kony? Well they did see Uganda when it was bad, and when all these horrible things where happening. They do have strong connections to people who where damaged by him... It seems to me that they have a personal vendetta and they are pulling every trick in the book to get everyone behind them to punish someone that is irreverent to the now and is not in the best interest for the greater good to actually do anything about him. There are countless other causes with greater need. I freely admit they manipulated me and pulled me into the mob/herd-affect and I hate that, and hate them for doing that for me, especially seeing now that it was all wrong and that it was their own personal vendetta.

Edit: The only positives are; We bring justice to Kony, and we hopefully raise awareness so that more activism like this can take place in more relevant problems.

This shit started in 86, congrats for starting to give a fuck after watching some youtube-movie.

I agree with Oro.

When I was little and being taught about slavery ending in the US, I always wondered if there were loopholes. Were kids still getting sold?

Yes. Children being recruited as soldiers exist, and so does slavery.

Yeah, Slavery. It's illegal, but it's happening. When the Superbowl time comes around, guess how many pimps and slaves are in that flow of business?

I actually got INFURIATED at this. One, Africa's been having problems for years, LIKING A VIDEO ON FACEBOOK THAT YOUR FRIEND PUT UP IS NOT GOING TO SUDDENLY FREE THE CHILDREN.

Also, before you look to another country, look at your own. Look up the numbers of women and children that are guessed to be enslaved- turned into prostitutes, or, you get the whole nine yards of a text book example of a slave. Lovely, right?

I hate to say it, but while the sentiment is touching and "OH MY GOSH! SAVE THE CHILDREN!", this shit and other shit's been going on longer than we've been alive. Humanity has two sides, and it's hard to come to terms with the fact that it's not always got a bright history.

You want to help those kids? Tough, by the time I'm done writing this, a lot of kids all over the world have died already, from hunger, disease, small wars and skirmishes, religious confrontations, drugs, and all that other good stuff. Wanna help them? Recognize their existence.

Stop using the phrase "Kids in Africa would had killed to eat that" when you're trying to persuade your darling pudgy kid to eat brocoli. I'm sure they don't appreciate it, and it almost makes a mockery out of the pains that these people go through. Give them some dignity and don't use them as a ploy for your kid.

Respect other races- and if something you say offends someone and they think it's racist? Think, honestly think- everyone has some kind of categorizing of other races, realize when a trait that you associate with one particular one isn't a fact, it's a stereotype- try to change it, try to change those thoughts and realize that it might be a step towards being closer to your fellow man.

Finally?

READ UP ON FUCKING ISSUES, THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR FOREVER AND NOW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT?! REALLY?!

Fuck!

[/endrant]

If I see ONE MORE Koney 2012 meme, I'm gonna flatout murder someone with a fucking chainsaw.

I feel better now...