I RP because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WarriorHeart

Original poster
Here's the deal: I work in a scrap yard. It's hot, dirty, itchy and everything is heavy and sharp (I love it, though). However, there are some days I just want to strangle someone and watch the light fade from his eyes. REALITY CHECK! You can't just go around strangling people who piss you off (It's a shame because I know a handful of people who might benefit from a good ol' chokehold). That's why I RP! Something about writing; the words filling the screen or the chance to lose myself as a character in a story, takes my homicidal rage and makes it into something wonderfully logical and wholly unbelievable.

So...why are you here?

{ It's a similar thread if I'm not mistaken}

I RP because... I can express my feelings, thoughts better with Words than in Reality. I really suck! At expressing myself..

Another reason is that I like to get lost into the story, actually living through my character.;)
An escape from this world..^^'

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I like to experience things I otherwise never would in real life! 8D I get to live a million different lives from the safety of my own home. It's also awesome therapy when I need to work stuff out. And gives me a creative outlet to keep my brain alive so it doesn't die. O_O And socialize with other human beings, that is probably good for me too.

• Love
Reactions: 3 people
I roleplay because the real world is really really boring. You go through the entire thing finding that the biggest chunk of it is spent in education, being unable to do what you actually want to do because you are constantly told that education is vital for your future, and then in work, where you find you can't do what you want to do because you're exhausted at the end of the day and you can't afford to take a long enough holiday. Then by the time you finally are able to do stuff, you've got 30 different age related disabilities and it takes you 20 minutes just to get up from the sofa and move to the kitchen to make food. Most sources of entertainment for most people are things where they can pretend they don't live in such a crap world - Roleplaying for those who enjoy making their own stories, video gaming for those who just like any story, films for those who are too lazy to do either and music for those with enough imagination to pretend but who lack the writing skills to write.

I like to experience things I otherwise never would in real life! 8D I get to live a million different lives from the safety of my own home. It's also awesome therapy when I need to work stuff out. And gives me a creative outlet to keep my brain alive so it doesn't die. O_O And socialize with other human beings, that is probably good for me too.

You get a cookie Diana because you seriously just took the words right from my brain.

One day I got lost on the original forum that Iwaku was on. I've yet to find a way out.

I think it takes me places. I have no idea what I'm writing till I'm finished with it. And often, the characters come alive by themselves. I think it's that feeling of never knowing what's about to happen, never knowing what's around the corner, that sense of discovery and adventure... and always having a companion to keep you company along the way.

For me it is exploration. I know roughly what I'm going to do for the next few weeks or months or whatever in real life. I can't guess exactly, but I can tell you there will be eating, sleeping, writing, drawing, chatting to people... and while that's great and all, in a roleplay, a giant bird could abduct my character, or the floor could give way to a hellish underworld, or someone might transform into some lovecraftian abomination. I just don't know what I'm getting in for. And that's pretty great.

I read through some of my older roleplays the other day and it was actually pretty fun. The magic and mystery that inspired me six years ago is still as true to me now. Funny to think, isn't it?

Reactions: 2 people
Entertainment and experimentation. It's not so much escapism or expression, as it's a hobby that takes me effort. However, it's satisfying to see worlds and stories come together, read other players their reactions and find out new ways to play.

Reactions: 2 people
I know it's corny, but I rp because......It's a part of me. As simple as lifting a hand or moving a finger. It's in my heart and in my soul. Writing is my lover and best friend, it has never lead me wrong even in the darkness. It's like euphoria in my mind. It's also a sense of completely losing yourself and mentally joining in words and story with another person.

• Love
Reactions: LunarLavendula
I roleplay because it allows me to live a million lives and see a thousand new destinations and go on epic adventures, all without having to put a pair of shoes on. Where else can I do that, other than through roleplay?

I personally love creating things, no matter what it be, the idea has always fascinated me. It's very commonplace to be able to create on your own, but to do so with others, and to have several people involved in the specific vision is truly a beautiful thing to me.

I role-play because I can enjoy making a petfectly sane character who slowly breaks down and goes insane.

And I like talking to my friends and my online friends ignore me unless I do.

And I like giving characters what I don't have.

Also, well, see, I used to really love writing and telling stories, when I was 10 and decided that the pepple around me could be trusted after all. I kind of got out of it until I was in high school and I happened upon some role-plays. Actually, seeing people create stories made me happy, although to be honest the role-play I happened upon really... Really sucked. Ahem. So I decided to try to. I really like order, I really like knowing what exactly will happen, but not knowing what the other players will do next is also quite enjoyable for me.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I want to create and experience another world.
It's a great way to escape reality and exercise the brain quite well.

RolePlaying is a wonderful thing and whoever thought of it deserves a medal.

I RolePlay because it helps me escape my grey reality. Being handicapped isn't fun and prevents you from doing anything but RPing takes me into a new world where I actually have my legs! It's like I had them all this time, well I do just can't use them very well. Not only does it take me to a better place but you are more than likely to meet new friends and create things. Maybe that is only me.

Status
Not open for further replies.