I never saw it coming

Ripley listened quietly, and then leaned forward, both young men too close to each other. "Vance... was in love with my brother, madly. They shared everything and grew up together, they began confusing friendship with love at a very young age... He tried to kill himself more than once when my brother passed away... So I kept him close, even to this day I do. He promised to take care of me and never, ever, find a replacement for my brother... But that, truly makes me sad... I want him to be happy" he then looked down, tears brimming from his monochromatic eyes in a pained expression. "I can't be happy... if he isn't... That's why I never let anyone look out my window.. Trough the window Vance saw everything-- the car crash.. All of it." His sobbing became hard and breath taking at this point "He heard my brother scream in pain as he tried to save the driver of the other car, even tough his wounds weren't as bad as his own... He... Vance revives that moment all the time... And I'm afraid of the world outside this apartment... A world in which ...My brother doesn't exist... That's why I fooled around the boyfriend thing....

...I do am looking to replace my brother..."
His voice broke up, his crying turned loud.

Riley absorbed the young one's story in silence. His heart lurched at the sight of Ripley's tears, and practically ripped itself out of his chest when the young boy had finished. Riley didn't even think of what he was doing. Slowly, he pulled the young one to him, placing the boy in his lap. Riley pulled Ripley to his chest, and rested his chin on the young one's head.

Ripley felt so small and fragil in Riley's arms. That was what the young man was thinking. Riley held the smaller boy as tightly as he could, letting Ripley cry as much as he wanted to. Riley stroked the young one's back soothingly.

For a moment, he was worried. Perhaps he was being too physical with the young one. Maybe Ripley didn't like this much contact. Riley pushed the thoughts away, and let Ripley cry. As the young one began to quiet down, Riley let his impulses guide his actions once more. Slowly, Riley slipped his index finger under Ripley's chin, and rested his thumb just below the young boy's lower lip. He guided Ripley's head, so he could look into the young one's eyes. Riley smiled softly, caressing Ripley's cheek once before pausing to wipe a tear away with his thumb. Riley leaned forward, and rested his fore-head against Ripley's.

It was as if he were carrying out a message, though it's content was a mystery to even Riley. He waited to see what Ripley would do.

The young received the contact fully, gripping on Riley's shirt strongly as he cried loudly and then finally began to calm down after a while, he moved away a bit and felt the young man's hand on his face, moving him a bit, he understood then- what he really wanted. He leaned forward and placed a shy kiss on Riley's lips, moving away afterwards and looking away. He didn't even begin to understand how all this had happened, but he felt lighter now.

Riley's tounge instantly flicked out when Ripley broke the kiss. The young man ran it over his own upper lip for a split second. The kiss had been...good. It had sent a spark through Riley's body. Like when he'd touched the doorknob after rubbing his feet on the carpet. Riley gave the young one a gentle smile, and gave a light chuckle. "Just...one more?" he pleaded with a sincere type of mischief. Again, Riley took hold of the young one's chin, this time not stoping for Ripley's reaction. Riley placed his lips lightly on the boy's. It was a chaste kiss, despite it's length. Riley finally pulled back, and smiled again. This time, he was blushing. "S-sorry," he chuckled breathlessly; not sorry at ALL for what he'd done. "That must've been rude..."

Ripley began to feel more uncomfortable and turned to look at the sphere at his hand after the second kiss. "No... not at all." he then looked up. "I'll... Can we be... more than friends... in christmas?" he asked "I... I fell in love with you I- ...But I don't want this to happen now..." he seemed ashamed and awkwardly put the sphere away.

Riley tilted his head to one side. He doubted he'd done anything that warranted being fallen in love with. He'd only been polite and courteous to Ripley. After all, he was only renting out a room: it was Ripley's house. None the less, Riley gave the boy another smile, and removed Ripley from his lap. He shouldn't be fooling around like this. Even though he got jealous over Ripley, he couldn't deny that he had never even thought of liking another man. Riley was one hundred percent sure that he only liked girls.

And yet...Riley had to admit he had a soft spot for the younger boy. Perhaps it wouldn't be too bad if he just...tried? Yes, tried sounded right. Riley wanted to try; wanted to see if perhaps his jealousy was more than he thought. Maybe there was something burried beneath the surface that he wasn't aware of. Maybe Ripley was his...special case.

"We can be...whatever you like," Riley said at last with a grin. He patted the young one's head. "Now, let's get that tree decorated, hm?"

He smiled at him and took the sphere, placing it on one of the branches. Then pulled one of the boxes close and put one of the spheres on his hands, smiling widely at him and laughing a bit.
(short-- sorry)

((No problem. I actually won't have Internet for a little while: We're going on vacation, so this is the last you'll hear of me for a little while. Don't worry, though: I'll try to get on if the Hotel has Wi-Fi :3 I also apologize for my shortness))

Riley decorated the tree with Ripley, actually enjoying himself. He'd never had much of a chance to decorate a tree with anyone else, recently. He'd always come home, and find it done already. Or, he'd have to do it himself. Decoarating a tree alone was a very sad thing. It always made the young man feel separated, in a way. Like he and his parents had some-how been devided by a thick glass wall. It was hard to explain.

None the less, Riley was glad to hear Ripley laugh, and have to young one smile. It really livened up the room. Eventually, the tree was decorated, and the bright colours of the orbs, lights, and tinsel brightned the room, even when it wasn't plugged it. It just made the space feel more...homley. Yes, homley was the word. Riley smiled at Ripley, proud of their work. "I think we did pretty good!" Riley dug through one last box. "Only this is left..."

The ornament in Riley's hand was none other than the star. Riley wasn't very religious, so it weighed no spiritual value, just sentimental value. Riley had slipped into his bedroom to get it earlier. He recalled fondly how his father would lift him up when he was much younger, so Riley would be the one to crown the tree. That had always been his moment: his one secure task in the decorating. The star itself was beautiful; made out of glass, it sparkled in the light. Riley knew the glow of the tree would make the star appear to be made of rainbows.
He'd brought it along because his parents had gotten a new one, but Riley couldn't bear to throw it away: it was too precious. For a moment, Riley stretched up, to crown the tree once again, but he paused.

He looked at Ripley.
Then the star.
He gave the boy a soft smile. "Here," Riley said at last. "You do it. I always loved this part growing up." Riley placed the star carefully in the young one's hands. "Go on," he encouraged cheerfully.

((Did I say shortness? I meant long-ass post. oops ^^;))

(sorry for the long delay, internet hates my life)

The young one stared at it for a few minutes before taking it between his hands and raising back into his feet and placing it on top of the tree, smiling while closing his eyes and joining his hands together, after a few minutes he sat back down and stared at their work of art for a Christmas tree with quite a satisfaction rarely seen on himself. The he turned to look at riley and smiled once more before standing up and walking towards the kitchen, opening the fridge's door and taking out one of the glass bottles, then walking away and into his room, closing the door behind him.

Not a single word shed from his lips.

((ASDFGHJKL YOU'RE ALIVE! ;A; and I'm not on my computer ;n;
Missed ya, bro XD))

Riley watched the young one retreat to his room. The young man wondered breifly if he shoukd follow, but...perhaps Ripley would like some privacy. So insted, Riley cleaned up. After a little while, the young man cast a glance to Ripley's room. Hesitantly, Riley approached the young one's door. He gave a careful knock. "Hey...Ripley? You okay?"

The door oppened as he spoke last and he looked over at him, a sleepy look on his face, he smiled. "I'm fine. Don't worry, I just want to rest a little."

(sorry, short)

Riley smiled, and instinctively patted the young one's head. "I'm glad. I'll be going to bed, then. If you need anything, let me know. Don't feel guilty if you need to wake me up late at night." Riley smiled again. "Well, goodnight."
With that, the young man headed back to his room, and undressed. Riley lay down and sighed. Ripley was so frail...

The young one simply nodded and let him go, just walking into his own room silently and closing the door.
The following days were simply and tranquil, until christmas day, in which Ripley was considerably happier and since the very early hours of the day was already up, completely full of life and apparently cooking something, suddendly around 8 am, he went into Riley's room and shook him, hard. "Wake up or you'll get eaten!"

Riley jolted awake, shocked. "Awah!? Wha!?" Riley rubbed his eyes, mumbling. "Hey, hey, c'mon now," he chuckled, "who's going to eat me? You?" Riley chuckled once more, and got up. "Alright, alright. I'm awake." Riley patted the young one's head. "Why so eager today? You almost never come into my room like this."

Riley stretched. Despite his confirmation on Ripley's whim, nothing had really changed between the two.

Ripley giggled and pulled him to stand as soon as he was awake, "My father just called!" he said with a wide grin "He says he and mom are coming today, in an hour or so! come help me clean the place!" he kept pulling Riley with a wide smile. He hadn't seen his parents since that accident with his brother, so to him, they were dead. Strangely enough he was happy about their visit..

"Oh? That's great!" Riley smiled, and got dressed. "Well then, just give me a minute, and I'll help you clean up."

After getting ready, Riley joined Ripley in the kitchen. "Well, you know, I've never heard you talk about your parents. Have they ever come for the holidays before?" Riley began to tidy a few things here and there. "Will they stay for dinner? I'm sure I can make something for you guys."