I never saw it coming

"Maybe because he's dead" he grinned almost bursting into a huge laugh, hitting the table not able to hold back his laughter, which just by itself, brightened the damped dark room into a light one, with thin air and breeze. "Ahahahahahahaha!! Oh my- HAHAHA!" He kept laughing at himself before sighing hardly and turned to look at him with a gigglish face still "S-Sorry... My brother died when I was in middle school, my friend used to be his "partner" so when he died he promised me he'd take care of me, and he has done so, I really miss him-- but it doesn't work out easy for him" he then looked down at his feet. "It's fine, really"

((...I will friggen EAT YOU! ;A; WHY ZID, WHY!? ALL THE DRAMAH POSSIBILITIES OMG -explodes-))

Riley stared with a mixture of fear, pity, and elated-ness. he felt horrible for having brought up something that must've been painful, and was a little afraid of Ripley's laughing. But, at the same time...Ripley's laughter was...up-lifting, too. Riley liked it.

"A-ah...I'm sorry about that. So, does that mean you'll be spending christmas with him?"

"Not really, he'll probably spend it with his family" he smiled, now more calm and breathing slowly not to pass out from the laughter attack. "What are you going to do for xmas?"

"W-well...I was going to spend it with my family, too..." Riley said, scratching his head uncertainly. He felt bad, now. "I-if you want you can-" Riley turned red, and looked down. Wait, that was stupid. Ripley was afraid to go outside. "Never mind...Anyways, I'm going to go do some shopping for decorations and stuff. I'll be back soon." Riley got up, and put his dishes in the sink before heading towards the door. Before leaving though, he walked back to the young one and patted his head. "What do you REALLY want for christmas?"

The young one nodded and almost jolted when he felt the older one's hand in his head and his voice asking him what he wanted, he looked down, and sighed. "Nothing, I want nothing" He looked down, seemingly disappointed, he was probably serious. "Don't worry about me"

Riley gave the boy a disbelieving smirk, and patted the young one's head once more before heading out. He'd get Ripley a little space heater. If it meant that stupid guy would stay out of Ripley's room, then he'd get as many space-heaters as Ripley wanted.

Riley sighed AGAIN with the jealousy! When would he get over it!?

Riley spent the next little while buying things for a Christmas tree, and then a fake Christmas tree that would last a few good years. He didn't know if Ripley had one, but it wouldn't kill him. Once the young man had gotten everything, he headed home.

Riley unlocked the door, holding quite a few boxes. "Ripley! Help me out, eh?"

As a matter of fact, the one to open the door, was, indeed, Ripley's friend who looked confused at him but opened the door wide for Riley to come in, Riley then pocked out from the hallway and ran towards Riley taking between his hands a few bags. "You should have asked me to do that" Vance smirked at Ripley who only responded with a low nod as he placed a few bags on the ground and gasped when he got a look at the tree's box. "A Christmas tree!"

((I wish I could describe Riley's face right now XD))

Riley stared, very unamused, at Vance, almost dropping the boxes so he could point at the door to scream at Vance to get out. Riley bit his tounge. No, no, he would not say anything. Instead, he pointedly ignored the other man, and smiled at Ripley. "yeah. I told you we would decorate. And you need a christmas tree for Christmas!" Riley snuck a very unamused look at Vance, thinking "I thought you weren't comming today," But again, he said nothing. If anything, Riley was surprised by his jealousy. it was down-right ready to attack the other man.

Ripley clapped his hands and nearly jumped "It's the first one in years!" he said in a childish manner before helping Riley a bit more, Vance sat at the table, observing in silence, his expression uneasily tranquil. "Your brother made those for you, didn't he, Ripley?" at this the boy reacted and turned to him with an angelical smile "Yes!" he said "I missed them!" he grinned, eye closed. He, however wasted no time and took the tree out, begging to shuffle among the bags, Vance laughed. "Calm boy, be cool." he stood from his seat and placed a hand on his head. "Why don't you help your friend first, ." he commented before looking at Riley "He may not be able to handle everything" he said in a low tone, which both kids heard. Ripley pouted and kept helping Riley quite exited.

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! Riley wanted to roar at the other man. Vance was really starting to irk him. "I't fine," he said pointedly, not looking at Vance. Riley Moved everything else to an area of the floor. "We'll put the tree together now, and unpack the decorations later. at least then we'll be able to decorate the tree, too." He pulled the box closer to himself, and rummaged through it, looking for the bottom peice. "I'm just glad Ripley's happy."

Vance chuckled and remained in his seat silently, then as they were shuffling from the box he called on Ripley "Hey, Ripley?" the boy turned to look at him curiously and walked towards him to approach him- "What do you want for christmas?" he asked, a common question it did seem to be, but surprisingly enough-- Ripley answered in entire calm. "A boyfriend, know anyone?" Vance couldn't help laughing and shook his head "No, but your roommate might."
"He didn't take me seriously..." he shrugged.
"Did he now." The man glared towards Riley.
"Yep" he smiled then "I'll go decor that thing!"
"Tree!"
"THAT!" he yelled and walked by Riley's side, sitting on the floor and shuffling trough the bags and boxes to look at the decoration with amazing delight.

Riley glared back at Vance, standing his ground. "It's not that I didn't take you seriously," he said to Ripley, his tone much softer than what he would've used with Vance. "It's just...I don't know anyone who's good enough for you. My friends can be jerks sometimes, and I don't know anyone else who'd be kind to you." Riley frowned and looked away. "I couldn't find one for you. I'm sorry..." he bowed his head a little. "But, never mind that! Let me just set up the tree, and we'll decorate it!"

The young man got to work, attaching the tree pieces until it was complete. Riley dug through the bags, and opened up a box of red and gold orbs. "Here!" he said cheerfully, as he looped a hook through the tiny metal noose. Riley handed it to Ripley. "Go ahead and put the first decoration on a branch!"

He grinned gladly and took it between his hands, but before he could put it, Vance opened his mouth to speak "You could be his boyfriend" he commented, with this, Riley's face turned absolutely red and he nearly dropped the glass sphere which now hung on one of his fingers, the boy's entire body tense and his face cherry red.

Riley's face went a bright shade of red. He floundered about for a moment, not sure of what to say or how to react. He had so many feelings...embarrassment, and anger, mostly. Riley ducked his head, not knowing what to say. It was as if his tongue had died in his mouth. "I-I-I..." Riley stuttered. "I...uh...I don't think I'm any good. I mean, there's better than me..." Riley cleared his throat and chuckled nervously. "W-well, if Ripley wanted me too..." Riley let out another nervous chuckle.

WHAT THE HELL WAS HE SAYING!? That wasn't something he should be saying at all! Riley wasn't gay! Maybe Ripley'd take it as a joke.

((Hopefully, Ripley won't take it as a joke XD))

Vance began chuckling and uncontrollably laughing, he couldn't believe what he was hearing, his little prank had actually worked out, he smiled at Ripley "Well, what say you?" he waved at the boy who turned to look at him and then Riley. "You are kidding me-- I mean, if I were a girl I'd-" he stopped there, another chuckle left Vance's throat.

Riley raised his eyebrows, still red. "Wh-what!?" he asked. 'Wh-what do you mean 'if you were a girl'!?" Riley looked nervously from Ripley to Vance. had he missed some joke or something?

Vance chuckled and neared both youngstears, shuffling their heads making a mess of their hair, and walking away afterwards and leaving the appartment, leaving both young men in some sort of uncomfortable situation in which they were alone. "Y-You're straight!" Ripley suddenly bursted out "I don't want to turn a man away from their straightness only because I fell in l-" he covered his mouth with both hands.

((Let me explain something to you: Vance is not one bit interested in Ripley, his boyfriend is dead, that would leave the little brother right? But he'd feel he's just using Ripley as a replacement so he discarded the idea instantly, he was never interested in Ripley, he thinks spending the rest of his life miserable and alone is better than replacing 'Beat'
Which means that this is your chance to make an uke character for Vance.
heheheheheh))

((AN UKE CHARACTER YOU SAY!? >:D))

Riley gave Ripley a gentle smile. "You won't be turning me away from anything," he soothed, reaching out to take the young one's hands. "I mean...I'll admit, I get jealous of Vance, and how you flock to him-" Riley dropped the boy's hands and looked away, red-cheeked. "I-I mean, I don't think that's something I would get riled up about if it was anyone else."

Ripley blinked and tilted his head "Jealous ...of Vance? Why?" he asked, now his voice concerned, almost forgotting his old task now, the sphere still in his hands, being handled with care.

(You will suffer. That is a fair warning.)

((No...No...please, Zid, spre me! ;A;))

Riley fidjited uncomfortably. "I-I...it's just that...I..." Riley fumbled for the right words. "I can't explain it...I just get really jealous when you're close to him, or when you share your room with him, or...when you get near him at all, really." Riley looked up at the young one, unsure of what to do or say next.