I never saw it coming

"Yes it is, nobody has come by yet... You're the only one" he smiled almost looking clumsy, something was out of picture with him, like he were drugged or just too relaxed for someone living in an apartment colder than the winter winds outside the place. "If you want to move here you're welcome to, just sign the contract I gave you and I'll send it to the owner eventually~" he smiled once more "Can I offer you anything? water or something to eat?"

Riley handed Ripley his papers. "oh no, I'm fine, thank you. anyways, I was thinking of moving in by tomorrow, or the day after, if that's alright?" He frowned a little. "Are you feeling okay, Ripley?"

He giggled "You speak very quickly" he smiled at him "I'm okay, you woke me up. You can move whenever it is easier for you, you're welcome to do so" he then looked back at the door and then back at Riley "By the way, the apartment across the hall of this one? It's empty, so if you hear anything, it is either another of many birds who enter trough it's balcony which is always open, or a mouse or something, don't worry and ignore it, there's animals in the abandoned apartments, but in the ones which are used not" he smiled once more "So don't worry".

Riley frowned deeply. ANIMALS go into the building!? That put a totally different spin on everything!

But…Ripley looked so happy. He was probably relived he'd be getting someone to help him, seeing as he had that phobia…Riley thought for a moment. "Well…ah…alright. Here." He said at last, handing the papers over to Ripley. "I'll be back tomorrow morning with my things, then."

His whole world brightened up for a few seconds before he looked at Riley with a wide smile "Thank you very much" he grinned, and then nodded "I'll have everything ready for you then, don't worry about it"

(sorry for the short post, i don't know what to add)

((Sorry for taking so long >.>))

Riley nodded with a small smile. He decided it would probably best to go home, then, and get everything ready. He bid Ripley another fair-well.
He arrived home quickly, and Riley's family assisted in him packing up his things. They sure were eager to get him out of the house. Maybe it was so they could rent out his room. His family had always been a little tight with money.

Morning came, and Riley's father drove him down to the appartment. After explaining Ripley's phobia, Riley's father agreed to help bring the things upstairs. He left Riley in the hallway, with all of his things, hurring home for some unkown house progect. he claimed they were re-painting the basement. Right. sighing, Riley knoced on Ripley's door. "Ripley? It's me" he called, "Riley. Sorry if I scared you with all the noise, my dad was helping me bring stuff up."

The door opened and showed a more lively Ripley behind it, he smiled and tried to take a step outside, backing off instantly, he tilted his head and nodded "Sorry" he said, "Please come inside, sorry I can't help you with your stuff..." he smiled and walked inside ahead "You can just leave everything in here," he pointed at the immediate living room after the doorway "You can rest for now".

Riley gave Ripley a sad smile. "Don't worry about it, I've got everything."
In reality, it was quite a few boxes, and a pair of rather large boxes. But Riley knew that as long as he brought them into the appartment, Ripley would be able to bring them into his room. "Don't worry about me resting; I have lots of energy!" He gave Ripley an encouraging smile as he began to bring in boxes. "If it's alright, you think you could just help me unpack?"

"Um... Sure" he nodded as he observed the man bringing his boxes inside and looking at them from afar, in some kind of awe "Is all these clothes and personal stuff? You have lots more than me..." he chuckled amused to see someone actually had more stuff than he ever imagined to have. Of course not like he ever went outside his apartment to eat out or buy clothes. He'd be forced to actually have it sent to his apartment.
"So um ...There's two shelves in the room and a bookshelf... also a small wardrobe, make use of them as you need to.."

"Yeah, it's everything I wanted to take, which was...well...everything..." Riley let pout a small chuckle. "My parents were really eager to rent out my room. See, cause money's always been a little tight, and I've got a part time job, so I can pay for my own rent, and if my room's getting rented out, my parents will be able to keep paying for school..." Riley wondered if he was saying a little too much. "That should be more than enough," Riley confirmed with a nod. He only had one box of books, and it was pretty small...as for the clothing, he'd have to just stuff in as much as he could. Riley spend a while unpacking. he came across a few boxes with game stations, and frowned. he'd have to bring these down to a storage, or something. Maybe, if he worked up enough money, Riley'd be able to get some proper electricity in here, and a small tv. it would give Ripley something to do. "Oh, you're free to read some of these," Riley said, as he set the books on his bookshelf. "And if you like, I can get some stuff from the library for you..."

Ripley, as he helped only listened silently, and then as he glimpsed at the books he nodded smilingly "Thank you, I will.." and then he heard the library's offer, but he shook his head "Someone else already does that for me.. But thank you." he then faded his smile, as he had remembered something sad, something bad that ached him from inside, he turned to look at Riley and knelled down in front of him "I'm sorry! I-I should... have told you why nobody has come... I... I um... I'm... gay... and everybody gets scared... and leaves... I didn't tell you before... I thought you might leave... I... I was going to loose the apartment if I didn't get a roommate and...! ...I'm sorry..." he kept his head down in a Japanese gesture of respect and as an act of asking forgiveness. "I... I thought I would... tell you... because I didn't want to... make you feel like I'm a liar..." he finished, trembling in shame.

Riley blinked in utter shock. What had brought all this on!? All he had offered to do was get him something from the library. "I-it's fine," Riley said, turning red. 'I mean...thanks for telling me...b-but, I'm not gonna go running out of here, screaming like the devil himself just appeared..." he scratched his head, blushing a little. "I mean...it's not like you're hurting me in any way. Just because you're gay, doesn't mean I'm going to suffer. You're you, and I'm me..." Riley bit his lip, wondering if he was saying to much, or sounding insensitive. "A-anyway, you won't get rid of me that easy, if that's the intent."

He smiled brightly and shook his head "That's not... what I meant... Thank you...!" he said with a small wide grin that simply brightened the room no matter how cold and dark it was, it simply did. Soon after an hour or so they were finally done with the unpacking, making the room look like it had always looked like that. Or it had always been there.
Ripley walked out of the room and towards the living room "So um ...There really is nothing to do here, I only have that small radio" he said, holding it between his shaky hands, clearly he wasn't as strong as a common 19 year old. He looked younger, and weaker, but then before he even let Riley speak, he turned to look at the kitchen "Oh, I forgot to mention I got a small stove yesterday haha... J-Just because there's someone new here,,, Go ahead and use it if you wish to".

Riley felt himself grin back. He was glad he hadn't offended the boy. After they finished the room, Riley had to admit, it looked much more cozy. He grinned a little at their finished work.

Riley would have taken the radio from the boy's hands, but Ripley moved away too quickly. "Well…I have some board games, if you like…every heard of Monopoly? I even have jigsaw puzzles…" Riley trailed off, scratching his head, unsure of what to do.

He sat down at the table with the little radio still in between his hands and smiled at him "I don't know them..." he said looking a bit ashamed "Sorry, never heard of those... most of the day I just spend it over at the window until my friend arrives with new books for me, I'll have to tell him to wait more this time" he said opening his heterocromic eyes in a tranquil gaze at him "You can do what you want, you don't need to entertain me"

Riley chuckled, and scratched his head. "Well, we're room-mates, now, so we may as well keep eachother company. Wait here."

Riley went into his room, and pulled out a puzzle of a forest cabin in the fall. It was quite large. "Here we are," Riley said, grinning, as he placed the box onto the table, in front of Ripley. "This is a puzzle; it's really easy to do." Riley sat near by, and opened the box, emptying the contents ontothe table. "Don't worry about the mess," he ensured, "it'll be gone soon. Anyways, you just take a peice, and..." Riley selected one, and looked about for another peice that could match. When he found them, he clicked them into place. "See? And once all the pieces are put together, they make the picture on the box." Riley showed the cover of the box oncemore. "It'll be fun! Let's do it!"

Ripley tilted his head and smiled "If I last long enough" he smiled sweetly as he whispered to himself "I want to finish this" he then took a few pieces and began trying to match them together in a shy motion, trying not to get too annoying or messy, then glanced back at him "So um... do you study?" he asked hesitantly "Like... right now? Will you be leaving for school every day?" he asked, more hesitantly than before. "Um... What... what school you go to?".

Riley couldn't help but grin. Ripley was a strange one. He had to admit, it was amusin the watch Ripley try to put the puzzle together with a child-like wonder. He wanted to pat Ripley's head, but stopped. He had to remember that Ripley was his age, too, and not as young as he seemed.
"Study?" Riley repeated. "Well, yeah. I study when I get home. It's more of a quick review of my notes, though. As for when school starts..." Riley trailed off. "Technically, I should be going to school today, but my dad called the school and let them know what was happening, so I should be alright for today. Besides, I can always get what I missed from my friends." Riley smiled. "Ah, sorry if it's personal, but, you have friends who visit, right?"

Ripley remained silent and shook his head "Just the man of the library and the owner of the building... Only them visit me" he hesitantly answered looking back at the small radio which had turned itself off again. "...It's in a bad mood today... I wish I could understand why" he simply trailed off and then turned to look at Riley "Will you have friends over?" he asked curiously. "I'd... like to meet them..."

Riley frowned. Poor thing. he couldn't help but pity the boy. Riley couldn't imagine not being able to go out and have friends. "Well, once i get more used to living here, I'll invite some friends over..." Riley gave a small smile, but he was thinking, now. ripley probably wasn't up to date with a lot of things from outside. He doubted the young one would get along with his friends. They were rather active, always going to movies or eating out. "I'm sure you'll get along," Riley said, nodding. He turned his attention back to the puzzle, sticking a few peices on. "D-do you mind if I help?"