I need some recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atlas Child

Original poster
For audiobooks, podcasts, documentaries, pretty much anything I could listen to while I do other things. I do the art, and sometimes when I do the art I like to listen to things. I've gotten pretty burnt out on most of my playlists and so now I'm looking for something other then music to listen to while I work. It can be anything so long as it isn't something that also requires your visual attention (ie. movies).

Lately i've had critical roll going on in the background, but now that i've caught up I'm looking for something else. Something in that vein (other than Titansgrave) would be cool, but like I said it could be anything.

Reactions: Atlas Child
:3 Welcome to Night Vale's a pretty sweet podcast. It's narrated as if it were a radio news broadcast in the town of Night Vale -- where the strange and macabre are all ordinary and commonplace -- with a smooth-voiced newscaster nonchalantly reporting on all the bizarre and horrifying events of the day. I want to say that it relies on "dark humor" but even that doesn't seem like a completely accurate way of putting it. At any rate, it's certainly an... unusual brand of humor, but entertaining nonetheless. XD

Oh, and, as the series goes on, it actually starts to develop somewhat of an overarching plot, filled with an extremely diverse cast of characters that you get introduced to over time. The writing is some of the best I've ever encountered, but it's hard to really articulate why until you get further into it. Oh, and the voice acting is fantastic, too.

Coast to coast AM...I -think- there is a podcast...If not I think they have back episodes and a live stream on the website of the same name.

If you like paranormal stuffs and wack jobs who believe in aliens.

Reactions: Atlas Child
:3 Welcome to Night Vale's a pretty sweet podcast. It's narrated as if it were a radio news broadcast in the town of Night Vale -- where the strange and macabre are all ordinary and commonplace -- with a smooth-voiced newscaster nonchalantly reporting on all the bizarre and horrifying events of the day. I want to say that it relies on "dark humor" but even that doesn't seem like a completely accurate way of putting it. At any rate, it's certainly an... unusual brand of humor, but entertaining nonetheless. XD

Oh, and, as the series goes on, it actually starts to develop somewhat of an overarching plot, filled with an extremely diverse cast of characters that you get introduced to over time. The writing is some of the best I've ever encountered, but it's hard to really articulate why until you get further into it. Oh, and the voice acting is fantastic, too.
So its a podcast, I always thought it was a comic -w-

Status
Not open for further replies.