I need new PS3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be better if she said Spira's lore makes her go sploosh? :P
SHUT UP. I AM MANLY. *refuses to shave her beard until the NHL pre-season games in the fall*

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
I mentioned to only list console games. My computer cannot handle many games aside from Minecraft and a few indie games.
Ah. I failed to see that.
I've heard about this series, what's it about?
Set in something of a twelfth century Tolkien(ish) kind of universe. Play as Geralt whom is a Witcher (title drop) who are basically powerful demon hunters if it were summed down. This Youtube video will do a better job. Watch like the first ten or so minutes and you'll get an idea. As for game play it has its own feel. But I guess I'd compare it to Bioshock's Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Though it's a bit more complex in certain aspects, or at least to me it is. Beautiful game but sometimes feels a little clunky, but that pans out over the next two titles, though I can only speak for the first two, having not entirely finished the second game on console.

Considering the running specs, if I'm looking at the reqs between Minecraft and the Witcher, you should be able to run the first game; not so much for the other two.

Oh and Sid Meier's Pirates on Steam. Not sure if that counts entirely as a typical RPG though. And Dragonball Xenoverse has surprisingly low requirements save for needing a duo core.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Reactions: Dawn
Mass Effect, dude. Insanely awesome games. KOTOR as well - they're old enough that maybe you could play them even on a crap PC (no idea if they've been re-released on modern consoles, maybe they are.) Deus Ex (again, very old so maybe you could run it on PC) and the newer Deus Ex: Human Revolution are amazing games - not "pure" RPG but containing lots of RPG elements (power upgrade/customisation, a degree of open-world.)

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Mass Effect
That's where there's magic and guns and it's set in the future and there's aliens and stuff, right?

I'm actually liking the ads for the new one on it's way out. That made me want to try it all out.

But, like I said. I'm only doing console games. I'm not playing PC games.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Medieval, Skyrim-esque game from Bioware. I'm fairly certain it's a PS3 game, as it was also a 360/PC game.

Well, then you should definitely look into it. It's a fantastic game with a great art style.

And I'll second @Halo on that Mass Effect. You can buy the entire trilogy in a box set as well. And not magic, but biotics, which is just as good. All in all a phenomenal set of games that deserves to be played by everyone.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Nope, you'd be right! My icon is Saren Arterius, the main antagonist from the first Mass Effect game.

Nope, you'd be right! My icon is Saren Arterius, the main antagonist from the first Mass Effect game.
Knew it. It has that kind of look about it. I've seen a lot of things from Mass effect, since I also play Dragon Age. But I've never actually played.

I have to second Dark Souls, Mass Effect & Kotor.
Dues Ex and Inquisition I have yet to finish but from what I've played they're solid games.

Though I do also feel the need to note, South Park Stick of Truth does let you make your own character.
KOTOR as well - they're old enough that maybe you could play them even on a crap PC (no idea if they've been re-released on modern consoles, maybe they are.)
They haven't been.

I have to second Dark Souls, Mass Effect & Kotor.
Dues Ex and Inquisition I have yet to finish but from what I've played they're solid games.

Though I do also feel the need to note, South Park Stick of Truth does let you make your own character.

They haven't been.
Still, Stick of truth is a comedy game. I want a serious story, serious quests.

That's where there's magic and guns and it's set in the future and there's aliens and stuff, right?

I'm actually liking the ads for the new one on it's way out. That made me want to try it all out.

But, like I said. I'm only doing console games. I'm not playing PC games.

Deus Ex: HR is on PS3, as are at least some of the Mass Effect games.

I know you probably already have these but I recommend Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 Remix and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. They're not just HD remasters, they actually have Japanese exclusive content. I also recommend Eternal Sonata.

Reactions: The Ghost Note
Have

Is the Japanese content translated to English? I won't play a game if it's speaking an entirely different language the whole time.

Give me a description
Yes the content is translated to English :) Just get the English version at your local store. I can't really explain Eternal Sonata but I can show you a gameplay video if that's okay.

Planescape: Torment

Planescape-torment-box.jpg

$9.99 at GOG

This game is one of the greatest RPGs of all time, if not one of the greatest games. Y'know what: yeah, it's abso-fuckin'-lutely in the Top 10 PC Games of All-Time. The Infinity Engine might take some getting used to if you're not acclimated to it, but the game is one of the best. It will seriously spoil you on story-telling in gaming.

Planescape: Torment

Planescape-torment-box.jpg

$9.99 at GOG

This game is one of the greatest RPGs of all time, if not one of the greatest games. Y'know what: yeah, it's abso-fuckin'-lutely in the Top 10 PC Games of All-Time. The Infinity Engine might take some getting used to if you're not acclimated to it, but the game is one of the best. It will seriously spoil you on story-telling in gaming.
*cough cough* Ahem. I said PS3 only. People seem to miss that detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.