I need help coming up with a good Sci-Fi story.

I think it should start with the imperials and steampunks dukeing it out first off, the cyborgs interfering on the elders orders maybe have things escalate, if your fine with cliches we could have a prince/princes of the empire fall in love with someone from the steampunks and they could make an entirely new faction trying to unite everyone >.>
*Oh and what about the steampunks being a race of space pirates??? O.O* I like that idea

Lol, i like steam punk pirates. but the emperial space princess?... could work.

As I said its cliche but it works XD

So what are we thinking now, the crew of a flagship from the Imperial Flagship?

Im thinking the at first yeah, though id go with a passenger liner or some such, pirates kidnap the princess, and then the focus switches to the pirate ship, maybe have some of the pirates already infiltrating the Empire ship so that theres an easier transition.

That would mean that each player would have to have mulitpel roles. Atleast three-four, or even five characters each.

Well it depends on how many people you expect to join this really, youd need what.. 3 Imperials probably including the princess.. about 5 or so pirates including the captain, and one or two for the other races. Other required characters could be npcs created on the fly as needed.

I believe the character roster would go as fallows:

-1: Imperial Admiral/ Captain of the main Flagship.
-1: Captain of the Pirate Steam-punk Frigate.
-2: Second in command to both the Captain and Admiral.
-(?): A good number for the crew for both ships.
-(?): Soldiers for both Army's.
-1: Mastermind Computer.
-1: Cyborg soldier/ copies of the same one, making the army its self.
-(?): For the Quadruped Council of the Solar System.
-1(each): Engineers for both main battle ships.
-1: Imperial Princess

Sounds about right~

^w ^ Now we have to make the Main paragraph, the theme of what our story is about.

I have a good idea on how we should start it too. It will be in the mind set of an Imperial soldier on a distant planet, running along the lines of a trench of the large planetary war between the Imperials and the Steam-punks. As he runs along, the front line obtaining steam based flak from the enemy lines, he stumbles and looks up to see mechanized space frigates that all of a sudden change their shape and separate from the hole of the ship, turning into smaller drone like fighter jets and attack both sides.

So wed start it right in the middle of the worst part of the war when the cybers have jumped in to 'fix' both sides? Oh.. the princess could be escaping said planet, and the pirate captures them on the way <.< ... hrm....
Oh and I got an idea about the gm's being something like a soldier, either steampunk or Imperial, depending on the situation, telling it like a story where hed been there. Like old war veterans sitting around a table sharing their stories and thats whats directing the action.

No no no, the theme paragraph has nothing to do with the story I have in mind. It's just a way to pull player's into the Rp.

and I like the idea of POV you have in mind, but it's only for the GM's, right?

Oh.. OH.. XD Sorry. Its like a preview, ok.

And yeah that would be for the gms only

Because you're basically the co creator of this story, do you want to put up the Gm's and I could put up the Sign up thread it self when we get closer to being finished with developing the story line. We're pretty much done, all we have to do is name the planets/ put how many there are in the solar system. I previously mentioned that it's in a white giant star's solar system, so that would play with the colours of the planets and how the characters view light/the colour spectrum

Well if I do Ill tell ya right now.. Ive never done gm's myself before, and im really not all that experienced >.<
though it would be good practice for my own rp that Im trying to get started....

this will be my third time making a thread but first time doing a full fledged Sci-fi that wasn't zombies. I have some practice and I think i can make it well enough. All I need to do now is wish you the best of luck in making the Gm's for the thread and ask you to tell me when you put them up. The first two posts I believe should be Gm's from both me and you, from the soldiers then the Admirals point of view.

Should one of us do the soldiers and one do admirals or should we do one do the steampunks and one do the Imperials?

Steam-punk soldier, Imperial Admiral/ me( I've already thought of a good character for the Admiral so I've claimed him)

... I think we're ready.

We just need the names for the planets and what kind of/how many planets there are.

We need atleast three tropical, water based planets that can hold life for the three organic races, and a few mining based planets for raw materials.