I love Iwaku because...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love iwaku because iwaku. also fun stuff happens here.
It really does! This place has everything; roleplays, chats, general discussions, even counseling! I'm bringing a friend over from another roleplay site, tonight, because she's been getting harassed there, because that site allows for anonymous personal messages to be sent, for some reason, (bad system design, I say), and I was like, "Eff that noise! Come to Iwaku; you don't have to put up with crap like that here!" :D

Reactions: Razilin
It really does! This place has everything; roleplays, chats, general discussions, even counseling! I'm bringing a friend over from another roleplay site, tonight, because she's been getting harassed there, because that site allows for anonymous personal messages to be sent, for some reason, (bad system design, I say), and I was like, "Eff that noise! Come to Iwaku; you don't have to put up with crap like that here!" :D
: )

I love Iwaku (thus far) because people put a serious amount of time and energy towards the stories that they write. I've browsed through several interest threads and introduction threads and haven't found anything that felt slapped together. Iwaku promotes personal and artistic growth and has brought together all sorts of people and personalities which contribute to the diversity of thought. What's not to enjoy?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I love Iwaku because this place is not only my vehicle for exploring my creativity, exercising my writing muscles, having a place to interact with like-minded people, and enjoy my hobbies, but it has also been a place that was part of my inspiration to become more. Simply put, there are a lot of amazing, thoughtful people here. Plus, you gave a home for a lot of my old friends from Roleplayer Guild. I thought with the guild gone, that there were a lot of people that I'd never see again. When I found that they all migrated here, I was really happy, and filled with nostalgia. It made me realize the extent to which I've grown, and made me appreciate where I am now. I can see that quite a few of them are just as social and influential as they were in the guild, and I'm really happy this place means something to them too. I still don't know quite how I fit in, but I can tell that I'm definitely more than accepted here. *giggles*, I actually think you all cheer for me. So, I want to become someone who stays with Iwaku for a while, and have a presence here that can touch someone in the way that I've been touched.

Love Iwaku

<because of subliminal messaging>

(PSSST! DON'T HIT THE LIKE BUTTONS...THEY'RE PART OF THE "PLAN")

But yes, we all love Iwkau

Iwaku is quite nice

Nothing bad ever happens in Iwaku

(@Gwazi Magnum is secretly leading the resistance via shitposting; shitposting is actually encrypted messages to those who wish their freedom!)

Reactions: Razilin
I love Iwaku because although you might find some hateful and stubborn people you'll find a lot more cool, caring and accepting people. :)

This has gone far too long without me saying anything. I love Iwaku. Not every day of course because I'm not that full of sunshine and kittens. But I love Iwaku. I was really really resistant to it at first, after Moonwings died and Diana came to be the permanent Admin over here. I waited like two or three years between the death of Moonwings and me coming to Iwaku.

Why?

I had been to Iwaku before Diana stepped in and took over. I had stepped into their chatbox (which wasn't the one we have now) and I saw them. All these dudes and they were being dicks and there was racist and sexist comments flying and I was just like 'No. No thanks. I know this is where Jinx came from and I don't want none.' So I left and then Moonwings died and I never ever considered coming to Iwaku thinking that Diana could actually fix this place.

At the time, I didn't think Iwaku was fixable.

Now, I am on another forum (owned and ran by Diana and some other lovely people) and it crashed one day a few years back. I didn't have Diana on my AIM and had no way of getting a hold of her. So I did what I had to do and that was come to Iwaku to look for Diana. I did NOT intend to stay. I didn't want to deal with all the people I had seen before who had been acting so badly.

I stepped into the chatroom. It wasn't Iwaku's chatroom! That was Kehv's chatroom him and Diana had made! For Moonwings! I can't explain how homey it was to be there. Then there was the names. I saw Dawn and Shiny and Diana and Jinx and Koori and various others who all were Moonwings people!

Yet I didn't feel like Iwaku was home.

I stated RPing on Iwaku in tiny leaps and bounds, with people like Ozzie first and then everyone else just kinda fell in. I stared RPing with Vay even though I was terrified of them! Seriously. I thought Vay was some kinda grumpy asshat but Ocha was all 'We need Vay for this! You'll love everything!'. Ocha was right. That was ... Three years ago? Vay is one of my favorite and one of my best friends now.

It took me several years for Iwaku to feel like home. It was similar and different from Moonwings. It was so much bigger! It was scary! I had to leave a few times over the years as my depression and general brain-weasels made it hard for me to deal with people. But I always came back. Why? Why did I come back when I left? Was it because the RP? Nah. Was it because I had no where else to go? Also nah. Was it because Iwaku had adult RP sections? Definitely nah.

Why do I love Iwaku? Why do I always come back after I get a grip on myself and I can people again?

It's the easiest answer.

Iwaku is my home.

Because my people are here.

Because my people have beautiful brains and are wonderfully creative and I am SO happy to be friends with them, to talk to them, to RP with them, to watch them grow and bloom.

So I love Iwaku because Iwaku is my home because my home is where my loves are.

@Diana
@Vay
@Dawn
@Ochalla
@Shiny
@Kooriryu
@Ozzie Chanter

There's a ton of others to @ but I think you all mostly know who you are. I try not to be stingy with my affection. <3

I love Iwaku because it is my second home, my get away place. I have met so many people that I just adore and couldn't even imagine not knowing. I want to give a BIG thank you to the following people:
@Muna @serge @The Butterfly @Seiji @GhostJoker @Blox @Xnijmai @Tribs

These are only to name a few! There are so msny others that have touched my life <3

You all are so important to me and I'm so glad I know you :). I do love to roleplay, but that's not why I love Iwaku. I love Iwaku for the people. The people are what makes it beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Iwaku because no matter what happens in my life, I am supported by an army of caring friends who will do anything in their power to make me feel better and loved. This is the only place in the world other than the arms of my family, where I can feel comfortable and safe. My anxieties don't bother me when I'm here (or not so much anymore than they used to), which makes me feel so unburdened and very thankful.

Iwaku has become a family to me, and I love taking care of members and paying forward the kindness and acceptance that I've received over the years. I've made so many friends, some that have come and gone, but we've always managed to keeping the line of communication open. I'm very blessed to have met everyone and will continue to be blessed with ever new person I meet :D

A special thanks to all the people who have been at my side through thick and thin. Thank you for making Iwaku my home away from home.
@DawnsLight
@Hirohashi
@Red Velvet
@fatalrendezvous
@LaharlSama
@Tribs
-Elyd
@Diana
@Renegade Proxy
@Vay
@jared555
-Davion
@ConstructPylons
@LVL1337N00B
@Charlie
-Myrnodyn
@Cerulean
@Dedtoo
@The Returner
@Alan
@Malkuthe Highwind
@Lstorm
-Orion
@Hydronine
@The Butterfly
@Gen. Gwazi Magnum PI

If I missed anyone, I apologize. You guys are the best. Please never change, and if you have to, take me along for the ride <3

I love Iwaku because of all the shit that people have to put up with, and all of the past users that were in fact douchbags, certain members getting kicked off for being a:

we sure seem to hold together. All my past and present roleplayer partners:

@Fluffy (and the Butt Goblin for an honourable mention though I've never actually directly talked to you, I don't even know what your real username is that name just stuck)
@Cirilla
@LilyEvans
@lilly321
@Kid muffintop
@princessyuna

Thank you, you've done a great job at putting up with my horseshit.

I LOVE IWAKU, BECAUSE...

I've met such great friends here, friends I hope I'll stay in touch with forever <3
This community is so strong, and I feel so well-connected with everyone
Thank you all so much for supporting me, and being there for me
As well as putting up with all the weird and awkwardness that is me...

The friends that I've met here have got me through a lot of shit over the past two years that I've been a member here, and I will never forget that. I hope that one day I'll be able to meet all of you~ <3

Much love.

I have not made any friends here yet, but nonetheless I really like this place.
Haven't been a member long enough to be in love with it as a whole, but can tell it will only be a matter of time.

Since joining I have been able to finally explore plots, genres, and subjects that I am interested in. Not just repeating the same ol' thing that someone else has concocted. Being here has made me genuinely happy about roleplaying again. Something that for awhile felt way more like a frustrating chore instead of actually being fun. I'm having fun again through writing, and I love that. Honestly if I hadn't stumbled across this place I am pretty sure that I would have given up roleplay for good.

So....thanks Iwaku~

Reactions: Greenie
Status
Not open for further replies.