I Just Flew In From The Coast...

W

Weaver

Original poster
...and, no, I'm not making that joke. It's too easy, and I won't be a part of it.

I was referred to Iwaku by a mutual roleplaying partner of mine (Thank you, Kirra) who suggested I might find a bit more to participate in here than "the other place". So, here I am.

I've already done some things with my profile, but not (I think) as much as I'd like to. The basics are covered; things like writing sample, roleplay preferences, etc, etc. That will suffice for now. In the interest of introductions, however, I think I'll take the advice of the pinned newbie thread and fill out the included survey.

THE ABOUT YOU SURVEY

-What do you prefer to be called?
Trance is fine. I have also gone by the name BlessedWrath on other forums, messengers, etc, and you'll sometimes see me referred to as "BW". This is not an error; just a holdover from another time.

I also respond to "That One Guy", "Hey you" and "WHO BROKE THIS?" (kidding...I would blame somebody else)

-Boy, girl, or a mystery?
I don't see how that's relevant. If you're a psychology major, I'll bet you could guess though. Maybe that could be a forum game?

-How old are you?
Old enough to remember when CDs were new. Old enough that my first gaming device was a Commodore 64. Old enough to know what "records" are.

-Are you new to the site but not to roleplaying?
Yes and no. I'm a seventeen year veteran of roleplaying who got his start in a heavily modified D&D game and just couldn't stop after that. I was there for the rise and fall of AOL roleplay chats, and even threw my hat in the ring on MySpace IM for a while.

These days, I pretty much just limit myself to Skype chat and forum play, though it's getting harder and harder to find a good forum (hence why I'm here).

-Do you like group Roleplays or just a single partner?
Well, it honestly depends. If the group dynamic is stable and versatile, a group play can be very fulfilling. A 1x1 can also do the trick, but both partners have to be skilled enough to share the responsibility of introducing and controlling new content. Either way can work for me. It's not about the format; it's all about the characters.

-On a rainy day do you like jumping in puddles, or curling up on the sofa?
The only time I jump in puddles is right after I get new boots. I like to give my socks the chance to taunt them.

-SING IT OUT LOUD! What song is tormenting your mind?
Oddly enough, none. I'm sure that will correct itself in time.

Hello Trance, welcome to Iwaku!~ You seem like a very interesting person and I'm happy to meet you :)

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks! I'm sure there will be plenty to take in here.

Hello! Here's to hoping you enjoy your stay here!

Thanks, Ubermensch. I've already done some snooping and found a couple of topics which interest me. Just not sure I'll be up to participating until I've had some sleep.

You guys are too much. I feel very welcome. ^_^

Hi there Trance, welcome to the site! :D

Thank you, Diana. I've nosed about a little, here and there. So far so good.