I just came out to family!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Levusti

Original poster
I came out to my father and little sister!!!

For the longest time I have felt so emotionally frustrated and stifled and I was so tired of it. I have denied a core part of who I am as a person for a long time that revealing another part of who I am feels so fucking wonderful. I don't even know the words for what I feel. It's so much more than relief or elation or euphoria or happiness. It's absolutely beautiful.

I was afraid they would reject me. And we all know that that is so much to coming out--not the fact of whether I like girls or boys or those who identify as neither. It was being scared of them not loving me for me, whether I was gay or straight or whatever.

But they made sure to let me know that whoever I liked and whoever I am is me. It's a part of me and that they are supportive of who I am. Even though I like boys didn't, doesn't, and won't change me as a person because it's me.

I'm so fortunate and lucky, but most of all, very proud to call them my family and I know I can be even more at home with the people around me. I can be who I really am now.

I have yet to come out to my mother, cause I know it will be harder for her to accept since her feelings and opinions about homosexuality is so against it. But one day, I will reveal it to her as well. I only hope one day that she too will realize this is a part of who I am. But even then I am still just as proud to call her my mother, because I know she supports me.

Thanks for being such an awesome community who helped me and continues to help me and support me as I go on new adventures discovering my true and core self.

I'm so happy for you! Never take this for granted, you're very lucky in this situation, but I'm sure you know that! I wish my family would be supportive and accepting, but what're ya gonna do? It makes me extremely relieved to hear stories like this because I hate to think of more people having to deal with a family like mine, or even worse. Your success put a smile on my face and I really needed that today. Congratulations, bro ^u^

Hell yeah. Get your Thursday on!

Glad to hear things went well! I love hearing stories like that. Wish everyone could have the same experience.

Omg congrats Lev! I'm so happy for you and it's wonderful that your dad and sis are supportive. I'm sure that when you do come out to your mom, you'll have not just your own strength to draw from, but theirs, too.

Hell yeah bro!

I'm just waiting for the right moment to come out to my family. Me and my brother are both LGBT, so we're trying to figure out the best way to let our parents know without overloading rainbows on them :P

Congrats!

Hell yeah bro!

I'm just waiting for the right moment to come out to my family. Me and my brother are both LGBT, so we're trying to figure out the best way to let our parents know without overloading rainbows on them :P

Congrats!
Tell them through Interpretive dance! 8D.

Congrats, Lev!

Darog said:
Tell them through Interpretive dance! 8D.
Best. Idea. EVAR!

Conglaturations! -makes it rain cookies-

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still in the closet myself and have no intention of coming out until I've moved out of my parents' home and am independent, and it's frustrating as hell. I'm glad you had the courage to come out and I'm so glad you were well received! Much love!

I am so proud and happy for you!!

That's amazing! :D
I'm glad to hear you have such a supporting and loving family.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Levusti
Awesome, Lev! Congrats!

Still looking for an opportunity to do the same, but I'm glad you found the courage to do so. Positive coming out stories are always heart warming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.