4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy. Harry potter. Vampire. Apocalyptic. Magical. Super powers. Trouble teens w/ powers. Psych wards. Werewolf. Zombies. 4 Horseman.
Hello!
I wrote something that I have titled 'The Manor'. It's a few paragraphs long and mostly describes a building and it's immediate surrounding area. I had this image in my head that was inspired by 'Howl's Moving Castle' and that's kinda the fantasy-magic direction I'm hoping to move forward in. I don't have any solid plot in my head, however. I started writing around an image of a large manor in a remote area. I thought it could be an intro of some sort, but there was so much description it started to just sound like... well, a description and not an intro. As it is I have a few different ideas on my own character(s).

I will let you know ahead of time, I write long intros and replies. I mean long; upwards of 12 paragraphs sometimes. More than once that has stopped someone from wanting to write with me. Also, more than once someone's LACK of reply made me lose interest and motivation real quick. I totally understand if you don't write the long ass posts I do, but something more than 2 or 3 paragraphs that barely reach 4 sentences would be awesome.

Given the fact that the rp will be going based off of a manor that's over 300 years old in the middle of Vermont that's filled with magic and no real plot, I'm absolutely open to ideas on where to take the story. The only thing I ask that you keep in mind is I want to follow the 'Howl's Moving Castle' theme; meaning magic and all that great stuff. So, if a door in the attic of the Manor leads to another home somewhere in Germany, fine, but the Manor itself cannot move like Howl's Castle can just get up and walk away.

Now, as for my posting speed. I can go from posting several replies a day to once a week to 10 days. I struggle with severe anxiety and major depression so I tend to fade out sometimes. I don't expect you to be lightning fast, but if you do lose motivation or something, I would appreciate if you'd let me know before ditching the story. I'll do the same for you :]

The Manor
The Manor
The Crenshaw Manor was a large building lost in the middle of the woods of Vermont. Somehow surviving beautifully through centuries of humid springs and hot summers; the soft colors of the paint never fading and the wood never weakening. The large three story home sat on a 50-acre piece of land that had been owned by the same family since it's construction in the early 1700's. A well-hidden, long, winding dirt road branched off the main highway leading to the manor, only known by those who knew what they were looking for. The family that inhabited the manor was capable of growing their own food in their large gardens behind the home, a water well that sat dangerously close to the surrounding thick tree line provided them with all the water they needed.

When the property began to come into view, flowers bloomed in clusters of bright colors that looked methodically placed around the front, lush grass grew at an even level which only accented to the overall peaceful look the building held. It seemed to be constantly bathed in soft light and emitted a welcoming warmth during the day. If it weren't for the comforting feeling that consumed anyone who approached the manor, the entire scene would seem out of place compared to the wood that closed in tightly around the immediate edges of the property. As the person would walk closer, however, those beautiful flowers began to wilt and die, the grass turned yellow and brown before dying away to dirt, the vegetables in the garden began to rot, the paint on the outside of the manor faded and chipped away, the wood became ridded with termites and the entire building seemed to barely be standing on its foundation.

It was brilliant magic to cause the manor to decay before the intruder's eyes; it was the same magic that kept the turn-off to the road nearly impossible to notice. If the manor rapidly dying didn't deter the intruder, the overgrown shadow of a canine took care of the problem more often than not, as to not disturb the home-owner within. When the canine stood, it was nearly transparent but consisted of a thick, swirling black smoke that was in constant motion. Deep maroon eyes gleamed brightly against the form and polished, pointed rows of teeth dripped with a saliva that burned on the wood like acid. The creature's snarls could be felt more-so than heard and it's unwavering stare could be felt the moment someone approached before even being noticed.

The few stories that surrounded the manor were mixed. Some described the paradise-like appearance of the property while others described the beast and dilapidated structure. If one was lucky enough to hear a tale from each side, they would notice that the story that described the beauty never described the interior of the place. It usually went that a traveler stumbled upon the manor and so struck by its serene beauty and isolation, decided to leave it and wonder elsewhere. However, the darker stories usually were taken with a grain of salt by the listener as the ones in the tale usually never came back out from the home and were thought to be dead. Plus, it's much more pleasant to imagine a large manor in the woods of Vermont being a type of fairy-tale paradise rather than a hidden nightmare from hell.

The inside of the manor was a comfortable and appealing mixture of the two images outside. It was dark and cluttered with stacks of leather bound books, bottles of odd colored liquids, vials of different powders, a mixture of statues and charms, candles filling nearly every inch of each of the shelves along walls and surfaces of the large tables. Small fist sized orbs of blue and white flames bobbed silently in the open space above the heads of any potential persons inside. Tucked away in the back-left corner of the main living space sat a set of dark wooden stairs that coiled upwards leading to the second floor where the bedrooms where. Opposite the stairs rested a hallway that led to the large kitchen and beyond that was a side door leading out to one of the gardens.

Reactions: Poppet and Navuso
What kinds of characters were you thinking of for this?

Well, I was thinking of playing a male in his late 20's and he lives in the manor with the shadow dog that is mentioned. I've been debating on how big a character I'm going to make the canine, but it will be magically in-tuned with my main character - who would be a warlock. As for his personality structure, I'm still playing with some aspects, but I think he's going to be mostly an odd-ball with most his negativity channeled into the canine. I typically play more than one character, but for now I'm going to stick with the main and his pet.

Well, I was thinking of playing a male in his late 20's and he lives in the manor with the shadow dog that is mentioned. I've been debating on how big a character I'm going to make the canine, but it will be magically in-tuned with my main character - who would be a warlock. As for his personality structure, I'm still playing with some aspects, but I think he's going to be mostly an odd-ball with most his negativity channeled into the canine. I typically play more than one character, but for now I'm going to stick with the main and his pet.
Do you have an idea of what you would like the other character to be?

Hi there!!!!

Im Aslan, new to the site not to role playing! Got ten plus years under the belt. Don't know why I feel the need to tell people this, maybe so people don't think Im a noob. I love'd reading what you wrote for The Manor, and honestly already have some idea's slapping around in my brain if you are still looking.

As for me: I'm 26, work almost full night. And live in the EST time zone, I'm a night owl. And currently work a night shift job, so I'm on most nights.

My posting length can range, Im sure you've heard the whole I mirror my partner. But this is true in my case, I can write 300 to 1000+ words. Honestly I don't go by paragraphs because, I write fat as hell paragraphs that most likely could be more then one. Needless to say I always try to give what I'm given, and to never leave you hanging but to also help move the story along.

Posting speed: When it comes to this I like to give myself 2-3 day's to post. Im really laid back about it, as I feel it's all suppose to be fun. And when I'm writing longer post, my brain likes to get distracted and it might take me that long to get the whole thing wrote out. I can be faster, or slower. All depends on my life outside of the site, and my own depression. {think we just need warm blankets, and all the snuggles from loving pets}

Anyway, hopefully you've liked what you've read and would like to rp. I can send a pm, or you can pm me. I'd rather write my idea's that way. Or we could talk over Discord/ skype. I have both. :3

Reactions: AmethystWallflower
Status
Not open for further replies.