I have to force my reality to exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AirQuest

Original poster
Ignore this. I was mostly just hyper-ranting when I made the post yesterday. I feel better now. I think I just needed to get things off my chest, and just to clarify I don't actually wish harm on Batman's writers, I just say things when I'm angry.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your "vision" is to force everyone else to see Batman the same way you do, and to physically coerce the writers into doing what you want... I'm sorry, but, I don't think that's a vision that should happen. o_o"

I realize this character means a lot to you. I can relate. I can get pretty whipped up about the fictional characters and worlds that mean a lot to me, too. BUT... you can't force other people to share your opinion. And wishing physical harm upon the writers is definitely not ok... I'm sorry, it's just not. >.<"

If you want to spread your own vision of Batman, then write fanfiction, make fan-comics, or, hell, just talk about why you see Batman the way you do and what you want out of the character. Convince people that your interpretation is right, or at least worth considering.

In life, there are a lot of people with shitty opinions out there. And I don't just mean opinions about fictional characters. There are people in the world who try to prevent kids from getting vaccines because they're convinced that vaccines cause autism. There are people who don't believe in climate change. There are people who think the earth is flat. There are people out there who are horribly sexist, and racist, and bigoted. There are people who insist that eating honey is just as cruel as eating meat, even though beekeeping is highly beneficial to the bees, and the extinction of bees would make a vegetarian/vegan diet nearly impossible. There are people who think that my mental illness is made up and that using my medication is just "cheating". There are people who think GMOs are poison.

^ These are all really shitty opinions. I hate all of these opinions. (And that's not even including the fandom-related opinions I can't stand... of which, I could list many.) But, no matter how strongly I feel about any of these things... I can't force everyone in the world to not have these opinions. Certainly not through physical coercion. All I can do is try to present my side of each of these arguments to as many people as I can, and then just learn to deal with the fact that I'm never going to be able to convince every single person on the planet that I'm right. Hell, I won't even be able to convince every person I interact with to change their minds. And if I've already presented my argument to them, then... that's all I can do. I can't force people to change their opinions if my argument doesn't suffice.

And as for the Batman writers? Just... don't support their work. Don't buy their comics if you don't like them. And I don't just mean this in a "don't like, don't read" sort of way -- I mean don't give them money if you don't like their work, because money can speak a lot louder than words. And if you want to try using your words as well, consider writing them a (POLITE) letter/email explaining what you don't like about the way they portray the character. Those are the two most direct but civil ways I can think of to handle the situation.

And on a final note... there are definitely other Batman fans out there, I assure you. Maybe you just haven't been looking in the right places? The internet is a big place, and Batman is a pretty big name. Even if we narrow the definition of "Batman fan" down to people who consider themselves fans and share your exact opinion on the character... my point remains, the internet is a big place. I'm sure there are like-minded people out there somewhere. o_o

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
I feel like I can't take it, and I need something to happen. I want his writers to face some kind of physical justice. They have to be held accountable, for being evil.

HoYp1cA.gif

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: rissa and Greenie
Memes in 2017?

Maybe you could post in batman.reddit.com and ask which comics are written with the version of Batman you prefer. Or you could just talk about your views there, among thousands of batman fans.

If your "vision" is to force everyone else to see Batman the same way you do, and to physically coerce the writers into doing what you want... I'm sorry, but, I don't think that's a vision that should happen. o_o"

I realize this character means a lot to you. I can relate. I can get pretty whipped up about the fictional characters and worlds that mean a lot to me, too. BUT... you can't force other people to share your opinion. And wishing physical harm upon the writers is definitely not ok... I'm sorry, it's just not. >.<"

If you want to spread your own vision of Batman, then write fanfiction, make fan-comics, or, hell, just talk about why you see Batman the way you do and what you want out of the character. Convince people that your interpretation is right, or at least worth considering.

In life, there are a lot of people with shitty opinions out there. And I don't just mean opinions about fictional characters. There are people in the world who try to prevent kids from getting vaccines because they're convinced that vaccines cause autism. There are people who don't believe in climate change. There are people who think the earth is flat. There are people out there who are horribly sexist, and racist, and bigoted. There are people who insist that eating honey is just as cruel as eating meat, even though beekeeping is highly beneficial to the bees, and the extinction of bees would make a vegetarian/vegan diet nearly impossible. There are people who think that my mental illness is made up and that using my medication is just "cheating". There are people who think GMOs are poison.

^ These are all really shitty opinions. I hate all of these opinions. (And that's not even including the fandom-related opinions I can't stand... of which, I could list many.) But, no matter how strongly I feel about any of these things... I can't force everyone in the world to not have these opinions. Certainly not through physical coercion. All I can do is try to present my side of each of these arguments to as many people as I can, and then just learn to deal with the fact that I'm never going to be able to convince every single person on the planet that I'm right. Hell, I won't even be able to convince every person I interact with to change their minds. And if I've already presented my argument to them, then... that's all I can do. I can't force people to change their opinions if my argument doesn't suffice.

And as for the Batman writers? Just... don't support their work. Don't buy their comics if you don't like them. And I don't just mean this in a "don't like, don't read" sort of way -- I mean don't give them money if you don't like their work, because money can speak a lot louder than words. And if you want to try using your words as well, consider writing them a (POLITE) letter/email explaining what you don't like about the way they portray the character. Those are the two most direct but civil ways I can think of to handle the situation.

And on a final note... there are definitely other Batman fans out there, I assure you. Maybe you just haven't been looking in the right places? The internet is a big place, and Batman is a pretty big name. Even if we narrow the definition of "Batman fan" down to people who consider themselves fans and share your exact opinion on the character... my point remains, the internet is a big place. I'm sure there are like-minded people out there somewhere. o_o
Post edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.