I have great ideas, but i need a GM/GMs (ideas inside) [ 2 SciFi, 1 ModFan ]

T

Taska Vilna

Original poster
So i have three main concepts that have been stewing for far too long, two ive tried before and had success with, but they were too short lived due to my innate inability to actually think of stories, or manage roleplays. one i haven't tried at all, but i like it quite a bit.

1 - Superpower orphanage:

Record snowfall has enveloped the city in a white haze, burying cars, forcing together families and muffling the bustle of city life in downtown Baltimore. Winds howl as they have the past few days outside of "Home for The Friendless" orphanage, windows on the first floor buried, and doors locked. The Children are ushered into the dining hall for lunch, and it is early afternoon by any accurate clock. Orphans by fate like any other, The children are some quiet, some boisterous. This particular group of children is special, however, as they are all of them uniquely empowered. Be it by gods will, or medical providence, they are among a growing population of children across the globe who are being born with extraordinary powers. Some can move objects with their minds, others make themselves invisible, or produce fire from thin air. but they are still just children, growing, learning, unsure and stray. With the discovery of these abilities comes a question of personal worth, of identity and placement. Though, it can be difficult to feel special when your uniqueness is put down and feared by those around you. Such is life for these foundlings, in a world that does not want them, full of people who do not know them.

For much of recent history, this group of children has been scorned and put down since their discovery in the late 1980's. World leaders have taken drastic actions to safeguard their homelands from the unknown; Some are killing off anyone born with powers, others lock them up. U.S. President Bill Clinton, having inherited the issue, has made clear on several occasions that this was a growing concern to national security and efforts to contain and maintain these individuals are currently being put in place. Many children are orphaned, others taken, but any born with these defects are sent to care centers, specialized and designed to house superhuman young.

Today is an ordinary day in the orphanage, because nobody comes to visit.

-THE ORPHANAGE-
The Baltimore "Home for The Friendless" orphanage was originally constructed in 1870 as part of a childcare facility in Maryland and since then it had housed anywhere from one- to two-hundred children. In recent years, following the advent of superhuman young across the world, the orphanage was one of many that were selected and re-fitted, at the request of the D.o.D, to house children that were abandoned or taken into custody as a result of their unique abilities. Since September of 1989, the orphanage has maintained an influx of around 4 children per year, and to date houses 147.

The orphanage is equipped with standardized childcare facilities, including education, non-denominational faithkeepers, a cafetorium, bedding, play areas, gardens, etc. The grounds have been retrofitted with securities both for the defense of the children, occluding intruders that might wish them harm, and for the safety of the staff, in the event of uncontrolled powers. All areas are equipped with magnetically locking doors, able to seal each section of the building independently in emergencies.

Children are scheduled standardized education on weekdays, and self-help for their abilities on weekends. classes are nonspecific and cater to needs on a case-by-case basis.

2 - Post Apocalyptic Society:

The Yutani-Kandel Corporate Monocity, Southwest of Vladivostok, Russia. The year is 2237 and What's left of the world is trying build itself back up after years of consumption led to a vast socio-economic collapse and a period of martial law.
The World Government has had to rely on several megacorporations to survive. This has given them a veritable carte blanche to operate as they will, tearing apart once stable arcologies and small local governments. The Yutani-Kandel Biotechnology Firm has taken hold of most of the Asian continent, plastering their name on anything and everything. More than 20 Million people clutter the streets of the YK Monocity in southern Russia. Recent shortages of food and water have forced much of the population to face the Sea-Wastes in search of a better place to live, or risk the famine of the home they once knew.

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

The game is simple, survive, with much attention being paid to economics, cybernetic modification, and industrial espionage. While both performance enhancing and recreational drug use are at an all time high in the majority of earth's history, both are seen as common place and are very much ordinary things.
You, the players, can adopt a diverse collection of character archetypes, ranging from hardwired mercenaries with psycholinked weapons and boosted reflexes, to Armani-wearing street moguls who make and break lives with the stroke of a pen. Any persona existing in this strange and broken environment can be yours to command. And your job is to survive, or to be survived upon. To play, or be played.

3 - High-Tech Future, Robot/Ai focus.:

San Paulo, Brazil, 2062 16 years after the Nuclear attacks on What is now The Free States of America.

Here, Brazil is the Robotics production capital of the world, and with the advent of Hybrid Bioelectronics Corporation, IMB's Watson MK-IV Artificial Intelligence firmware, and The quantum processing foundation put forth by google in 2020, The future is now. High-end, professional and consumer robotics are being produced at an all time high, from Intelligent kitchen appliances to automated car service androids, Robots are being used all over the world, shipped from here in Brazil.

The newest and most advanced systems being employed, however, are Fully Autonomous Units, or F.A.U.s: Bioelectric Robots that can think, act, and speak for themselves. Although through intentional design, they are easily distinguishable from humans, they are incredibly capable, already showing promise in hazardous fields such as nuclear energy projects and off-world research within NASA.
One thing, however, has slowed progress with these new androids, self-awareness. They do indeed, possess this capability to perceive and understand both the world and themselves, on a level far exceeding human intelligence. Though bound by the Laws, these androids are becoming controversial insofar as many of them are beginning to desire normal lives, human lives. homes, rights, freedom from HBC, and more importantly, status.

===========================================================================

This roleplay is a rehash of a few many ideas, ones that are present in a lot of science fiction, though it's an idea I haven't seen played out within a roleplay setting, and one that I personally would love to do.

Players would be posing some unique roles, however. Far from the typical sidestories and minor city dwellers. Characters in the roleplay would be comprised mostly of high-impact individuals in society. government figures, Special Intrest coordinators, High-status F.A.U.s, and media advocates on both sides.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: happymech99
Honestly, I love each of the ideas although I have to admit that they all kind of lack a general plot goal to stick it all together.

Such as the first one, I really like the idea of the whole children with powers and orphanage thing since who doesn't like powers and the feels of orphanage that one can put into their backstory. Hah, though that was about it...there isn't much behind it other than that..

The second one, I also enjoy that idea of the post apocalyptic idea yet again besides surviving...there isn't much of what else to do other than just interact and no common goal other than to live. Doesn't show the risk of there being possible monsters, reasoning behind why it all happened, etc.

The third one, I have actually attempted a roleplay like this before though it never got much interest...and the one time it did, people never made their CS, so it just died before it could start.

--

My personal opinion on this however, I can see bringing the three ideas together into one?

Take the year of the second one; it being 2237 as well as taking in the concept of it being a post apocalyptic scenario. Now rather than it be the way it is because of consumption and scio-economic collapse, take the idea from the third one and with how the F.A.U.s having their own thoughts and such begin to riot against humanity instead and since their intelligence is far superior compared to that of an ordinary human's they realize that instead of being used by humans to do all these things that normal feeble human bodies cant seem to do...they can take over. This starting a whole technological war between humans and F.A.U.s and since they have such intelligence, this making some battles with aircrafts and certain weapons more difficult such as them controlling automated tanks, hover planes, drones, etc.

Eventually this causing biological warfare to become needed to face against these threats and with chemical weapons starting to come into play...you can add the stuff from the first one. It gives it reason a bit more behind why new generations of children are started to gain powers and the orphanages are both homes and teaching centers for these children since schools and public places are now too dangerous to go to in case of possible fighting from the constant roaming of the F.A.U.s and their automated weapons.

This can give a goal and story behind the fact that aside from surviving...people can band together to attempt and fight this new war against A.I...now not saying that F.A.U has to be all bad now. Since they have their own thoughts and such, players can also be them as well and choose to have separated themselves from a bigger mainframe that is higher than the rest of the F.A.U...believing that the idea of killing off all humans isn't needed and the two sides can actually come and live together once more.

@Taska Vilna
Whatcha think?

• OMG
Reactions: junebug
Honestly, I love each of the ideas although I have to admit that they all kind of lack a general plot goal to stick it all together.

Such as the first one, I really like the idea of the whole children with powers and orphanage thing since who doesn't like powers and the feels of orphanage that one can put into their backstory. Hah, though that was about it...there isn't much behind it other than that..

The second one, I also enjoy that idea of the post apocalyptic idea yet again besides surviving...there isn't much of what else to do other than just interact and no common goal other than to live. Doesn't show the risk of there being possible monsters, reasoning behind why it all happened, etc.

The third one, I have actually attempted a roleplay like this before though it never got much interest...and the one time it did, people never made their CS, so it just died before it could start.

--

My personal opinion on this however, I can see bringing the three ideas together into one?

Take the year of the second one; it being 2237 as well as taking in the concept of it being a post apocalyptic scenario. Now rather than it be the way it is because of consumption and scio-economic collapse, take the idea from the third one and with how the F.A.U.s having their own thoughts and such begin to riot against humanity instead and since their intelligence is far superior compared to that of an ordinary human's they realize that instead of being used by humans to do all these things that normal feeble human bodies cant seem to do...they can take over. This starting a whole technological war between humans and F.A.U.s and since they have such intelligence, this making some battles with aircrafts and certain weapons more difficult such as them controlling automated tanks, hover planes, drones, etc.

Eventually this causing biological warfare to become needed to face against these threats and with chemical weapons starting to come into play...you can add the stuff from the first one. It gives it reason a bit more behind why new generations of children are started to gain powers and the orphanages are both homes and teaching centers for these children since schools and public places are now too dangerous to go to in case of possible fighting from the constant roaming of the F.A.U.s and their automated weapons.

This can give a goal and story behind the fact that aside from surviving...people can band together to attempt and fight this new war against A.I...now not saying that F.A.U has to be all bad now. Since they have their own thoughts and such, players can also be them as well and choose to have separated themselves from a bigger mainframe that is higher than the rest of the F.A.U...believing that the idea of killing off all humans isn't needed and the two sides can actually come and live together once more.

@Taska Vilna
Whatcha think?

Pretty rad actually :O

It'd take some major tweaking and creative processing to mash together, but its certainly doable and not much a stretch.

clever idea :>

• Sympathy & Compassion
Hmmmm if this is some awesome cyberpunk rp, i'll keep an eye on this.

@Taska Vilna
Awesome! I'm glad ya think so!

I mean if you're looking for GMs if anything I can help tweak and work on stuff if you need help.
If the idea comes across a bit much though I sure wouldn't mind do the post apocalypse idea or the children with powers one.

I'm definitely writing this up already. I really like the combo idea.

A sort of post-apolcalyptic Child Military RP. but i also wanna involve the FAU conflict as the sort of, main antagonist.

probably do away with the political aspect. make it more of an industrial thing a la Nier Automata.

but yeah. progress is being made :>

@happydeath @Kat

• Spicy
  • Ah Seen It
Reactions: Taska Vilna
I look forward to this o.o

• Gunshots.

A small militia of heavily armored figures chase down a flickering hallway after shadows and whispers amid the din. One whisper, female and out of breath, urgently calls into a handheld radio, "Sebastian, we need that drive, NOW."

A voice calls back, cool and sauve, but stressed, "I'm heading down the southeast stairwell, meet me there with Delta unit."

The girl replies, anger and haste stain her tongue, "SEBASTIAN DELTA IS GONE. It's just Barry, 99, and me. Just meet us there, we'll find a way out."

More gunshots, closer. The armored guards cascade through a doorway behind the girl and her team. a second voice among them rattles to life, robotic and filtered as though coming from a can.

"Eden, you two need to find Sebastian and leave with the data, I'm going to do what I can to hold these guys off. Good luck." He sounds off, collected and without an ounce of strain. The machine brakes, darting backward toward the guards just as quickly.

"NINE!" The girl calls out, eyes tearing backward to keep track of the FAU, but he's already too far, too professional. The two of them keep running, approaching the skybridge stretching across the towers that make up Consolidated Cybernetics HQ.

@Kat
    @happydeath

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Taska Vilna

Dangerous, wherein you played one....

Afanasiia Solokoviapovich.... Or something. :)

Ahh yes! Hey you~ <3 So nice to see you back!
ty :>
So you're thinking of a military style rp for this? c:

sorta yeah. im not sure what specific direction to go, but im considering taking the original orphanage plot and reconstructing it as a biological child-weapon training facility. and im debating if the rp should focus around THAT, and go on from there, or perhaps a quad of already proficient kid soldiers, maybe an adult or so, and even some robots. OR we could even do some kind of "Defector Militia" route, where units from both sides team up in a sort of "end the war" plot.

Reactions: junebug
Sooo think the rp might be up this weekend?

Like names for whut in particular?