"I Hate Everything About You"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ophelia had listened to her and smiled keeping her eyes on the road. It's just sweet nothings, and she didn't want to fall for sweet nothings. "Sophia I swear I'm okay you don't have to force yourself to want to be with me because you're worried..." She looked over at her trying to give her a smile. When in reality she couldn't even force one. So Ophelia focused her eyes back on the road and tried to calm her beating heart down. It wasn't that she didn't like Sophia, it was just she didn't know if she was attracted to women and she didn't want to be with her if she wasn't sure if it.

"Plus you could find a girl that's way better than me, more beautiful...who actually knows that she could be with a women...I do like you though even if yesterday I couldn't stand you...but Sophia I don't want you to be with me and me not know if I could be with a woman romantically, when I dated those girls it was me being a college girl" and she still wasn't over Vincent, even though he may have tried to kill her. Ophelia wanted to be over him for that reason but being in love with someone for three years was hella hard to get over it thirty minutes. "We're almost at my parents house we're halfway there...we have another thirty five minutes or so" she felt bad cause she did like Sophia...more than she should have. But she was scared as hell because what if something had happened that pulled them apart, making up excuses was way easier than actually saying 'I'm just scared'.

Sophia sat there and listened to everything she had to say, though with every word it felt like Ophelia was pushing a knife deeper and deeper into the blondes heart. Why... Why did Soph have to pick a girl who was straight? A girl who she felt so passionate about but couldn't be with her because of a lack of attraction... She was heartbroken, and even though to Ophelia what she said may have sounded rather reasonable to Sophia a no was still a no. And that was killing her deep inside "N-no yea... I-I get you..." she said simply as she shifted herself in her seat a little, not wanting to even look at her partner now. The woman was so heart broken. If she was honest she would say that Ophelia was the first woman she could ever say she loved. Sure the cocky girl had been with other women but Ophelia was something different, something special. Something the Sophia couldn't shake from her mind

"W-wake me up when we get there... I'm going to take a nap..." she mumbled out, still not daring to look over as tears rolled down her cheeks, though she truly did want to just fall asleep she couldn't. For every time Soph closed her eyes she saw the face of the ginger woman she loved, but didn't seem to love her back. So instead she just lay there and cried silently, letting it all out without letting her friend see.

"Sophia...I do, I l- I do l-....Okay I'll wake you up when we get there..." She couldn't make the words to tell her, she had felt strongly about her but she was to afraid. Too afraid to actually admit that she liked someone, cause we see where her liking someone landed her right now. Hurt, hurt that the man she had lived for just tried to kill her. Ophelia chewed on her lower lip and breathed out looking over at the girl she had thought was back asleep and brushed her hair softly behind her ear pulling her hand back. "I'm scared....I don't want to love you cause I'm scared...scared that they'll take you from me..." She said to a figure she had thought was asleep. Ophelia turned her attention back on the road and continued to drive.
------------------
It had taken them an hour and fourty minutes to get her old home and once she reached the small cottage on a cliff that laid above the sea of the beach they had lived near. Right now she was tired emotionally and physically and it had only just turned 2 in the afternoon. Ophelia turned and looked at Sophia and stepped out of the car looking around to see if her dads had been there. No cars, so she just figured that they had been out so this was the perfect time. Ophelia walked to the cliff and looked down the tears finally making their way down her face as she looked up at the sky and just screamed. Screamed as loud as she could cause right not she was tried of being strong.
"God if your real then help someone with your selfish ass! I did so much and you just screw me over! Well fuck you too!" She screamed and cried falling to the ground as she started to quiet down.

Why did all the bad things just have to make their way into her life.

Eventually Soph did get herself to sleep. But it wasn't without the words of her friend haunting her... Her friend... Yea... It seems that is all sh would ever be. But as she listened, she heard of how scared Ophelia was, and Sophia swore that when she woke up she would make sure her companion was ok, make sure that she didn't have to be scared. She was going to love that girl so much that she could forget about all the bad that was happening and just focus on the good. And if Soph didn't have a selfless reason to free them of their crimes she did now. She was going to do everything for that amazing ginger woman. Whether it cost her her own life or not. She just wanted to see her happy.

By the time she woke up she could hear Ophelia scream, but as she looked over in surprise and shock she realized that the girl was just letting out some pain, letting out some anger... That was ok... At least she wasn't being harmed. But Soph made her way over silently, sneaking up behind Ophelia and pulling her into a tight hug, resting her own head on the other woman's shoulder "Shhh... It's ok..." she muttered, placing a kiss on her cheek. "Ophelia. I love you. And there's no reason to be afraid. I wont let anything happen to either of us and dammit... If I am going to die because of this I want to die with a girl I love. I wont be taken away from you. I might be the cockiest girl you've ever met but Snaps... Ophelia... I wont leave your side. I promise" she said softly, giving the woman a small peck on her neck "Please... You would make me so happy..."

Ophelia felt herself being pulled into the embrace and looked to see that it was Sophia. Then again who else could it be since her fathers still hadn't made an appearance. She listened to what the other had to say and figured that she wasn't sleeping when Ophelia had opened her heart up. Which had been pretty embarrassing on her part but she was to angry and to hurt to feel even the slightest bit embarrassed. "Why do you even love me...Sophia I'm nothing, I'm not as beautiful as a girl you could probably get...what do you even see in me..." The tears in her eyes were still there as she felt them fall down her cheeks.

Ophelia couldn't bring herself to even hug Sophia back until she had heard everything. She didn't hesitate as she closed her eyes and hugged her back, what could have been so horrible about being with her...the sheer fact that she didn't know she was lesbian was a key factor. Or maybe it was because she still had a heart for Vincent even with his betrayal. But she was done telling her no, Ophelia had loved her as a friend, and had liked her as anything more clearly not as serious as Sophia felt. But like could turn into love if she gave it time...but she shook her head once more and pulled away from the embrace wiping her tears.
"People normally take people in a date before they ask them to be serious...we haven't even been on one and you claim you love me...take me out and I may consider your proposal" she teased and smiled softly at her even though she was pretty serious even though she already knew her answer.

Sophia gave a small blush as she was teased. She knew what Ophelia meant and was willing to respect her by waiting. But damn... It was going to be the hardest wait of her life "Yea... Yea that's fine Ophelia... Though a date might have to wait seeing the situation we're in. Unless maybe you could count last night at the burger place?" She said with a grin, picking herself up off the grass with a groan as her leg reminded her of what pain felt like "I did pay for your meal after all" she said with a grin as she picked her partner off of the floor, giving her cheek a small peck.

"As for why I feel this way for you... I don't know... You're beautiful, better looking than me in fact, smart and fun, passionate about your work but... Most of all you put up with my shit... And I really like that" she said as Soph gave her own arm a small rub, embarrassed to admit what she thought to be a childish thing. But with that she turned away from the red head and made her way to the house, giving the door a small knock before turning to Ophelia "plus, this counts as a date right? I'm meeting the parents" she yelled with a small laugh, not realizing that her fathers were out and that she was probably making a fool of herself, but hey, it wasn't anything new for her.

Ophelia chuckled at her knocking on the door since she had seemed so eager. She didn't even want to say that her father's weren't there because she had seemed so excited. She smiled and turned seeing there car pull up in the driveway and looked back at Sophia pointing to their car, "Well here's your chance...they're in that car that just pulled up" she said as she walked over to the car and saw two men step out with surprised looks as they turned to her. One was a tall and slender man with light blonde hair, he was her father Micheal and the other had light red hair like hers and a pretty muscular build with light green eyes that matched hers, he was her other father Alexander. "Sweetheart, you're here...my little Ophelia" Alexander had smiled bringing her into a embrace which she returned hastily. As Micheal walked over and saw her he joined with the hug with a huge smile of his own.

"Why are you here...not that we aren't glad it's just you normally don't visit on the weekdays" She sighed and looked up at him with a small smile. this would be the first time that she had ever lied to her father's, but she had to keep them safe. So a quick lie wasn't horrible in this case, "Come over here Sophia these are my infamous parents, I wanted to introduce you two to my....my girlfriend" she looked over at her and smiled softly as her parents looked between her and the blonde surprised and happy.

Sophia rolled her eyes as the car pulled up, letting out a slight sigh as she realized why she felt like an idiot before. So that would be why Ophelia hadn't already burst through the doors... Typical... But she watched as the two men got out, one of them looking a lot more like her than the other but she shrugged, she had no idea how having children worked in a gay relationship so she guessed she was just going to have to go with it, waiting by the front door while the family reunited, hugs and smiles all round, though Soph did wonder how her partner was going to approach her parents with her issue... Did she really think she could just tell them outright?

But it was then that she introduced Sophia as... Her girlfriend!? Sophia frowned slightly before quickly giving a sweet smile as she headed over. This was a cruel joke, now she was going to have to pretend to be her girlfriend while at the same time trying to become her girlfriend!? This was insane. But still she made her way over, limping a little as she gave both men a handshake "Hi, I'm Sophia, I work in the police station with my Snaps" she said, looking back at Ophelia with a grin, well if she was going to be part of this cruel joke then she might as well have some fun with it "It's a pleasure to meet the two of you, Ophelia has talked about you a fair bit. I'm so glad to meet the both of you" she said with a wide smile as she grasped at her partners hand "I hope this isn't too abrupt... It was her idea... She said you'd be ok with it" she lied, beginning to enjoy this little game.

"Oh of course...we're surprised to see out baby has a thing for women, that's amazing you two look beautiful together, oh come on let's get inside I would love to hear about your love story" Micheal and grabbed his partners hand then led both of them inside, as their backs were turned Ophelia leaned over and whispered in her ear so only she could hear it. "I hope you don't think I was joking, since I just gave you your answer...my cocky ass" Ophelia chuckled and kissed her cheek smiling as she walked in the door still holding Sophia's hand in hers.

Once they were inside her parents began to obsess like they always do. Asking questions like how did you to meet, when did you decide to date, other questions about their love life.
"When are you two going to get married?" Alexander asked with a smile as he sat down on the couch with Micheal in his lap. "Woah woah woah, dad calm down we just got together...there will be no marriage until we're both ready" Ophelia looked over at Sophia as she led her to the couch and sat beside her looking at her apologetically. Her parents had always been embarrassing, even when they weren't even trying they asked embarrassing questions and did embarrassing things. "Sophia did you know when Ophelia was In middle school she used to always kiss on other little girls...it was as if she had already made her decision in middle school we had to go up to the school once because a mom was upset that a fags daughter was kissing her daughter" Micheal had said quoting what the woman had said and Ophelia looked over at her father in horror that he had even said that. Why did we parents always have to say stupid things.

Sophia couldn't help but give Ophelia a little smile in response to her apologetic look, though she still found her cheek burning a bright red, so happy that her partner... No... Her new lover had made her decision, she could even still feel the kiss that she had planted on her cheek... She was so adorable. In fact, so were her parents. She loved how open they were with the girl they just met and seemed to already like her. Sophia personally was just glad they hadn't noticed the limp yet, maybe she could say it was a dog when they were raiding some sort of drug den? Yea... Yea that would probably work.

But as she listened to Micheals little story she couldn't help but let out a small giggle, giving Ophelia's arm a small rub as she saw her reaction. Soph wasn't too shocked to hear the word but found it rather cool how her parents could toss it about so casually. Though she also loved the thought of 'to the books Ophelia' running around kissing girls at school. "That's a little weird. Because you should have seen the convincing I needed to actually get her to even consider me, let alone how long it took for her to say yes" she said with a small grin as she gave Ophelia a little nudge "But you two have raised an amazing daughter... You should be so proud of her, the work she puts in at the office and on the field are almost unmatched" she said with a sigh, snuggling closer to the red head she loved to tease "Well, except for some cocky ass that seems to just beat her to it every time... But your daughter is very humble. Sometimes even to a fault" she half teased with her backhanded compliment, giving Ophelia's hand a small squeeze.

Ophelia looked over at Sophia at rolled her eyes smiling. She made a good choice, being with her was a good choice because why the hell not. Sophia was an amazing person and she had strong feelings for her but it wasn't really love. But she could see herself falling in love with her soon enough. "You two are adorable...I've never seen my little princess Ophelia so happy..." She looked at her dad and breathed out smiling. "This causes for celebration...I'll cook out special menu for dinner tonight, Ophelia will show you two to your room" Micheal stood up from his partners lap and went into the kitchen.

Ophelia stood up holding Sophia's hand in hers still and went back to the guest room which used to be her old room.
"We need o clean your bandages and make our next move cause I can't bring my dads into this...so lay down and let me get the first aid kit" she went into her bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Ophelia was in a relationship, in five years of being single she became someone's girlfriend in two days. She grabbed the first aid kit out of the cupboard and went back into her room smiling. "Alright you ready?"

The whole time that her parents talked about her, Sophia found herself grinning cheekily, it was adorable the relationship she had with her parents, something that Soph never really had herself, to be honest she was a little jealous. But soon she was taken by the hand and led off towards the spare bedroom, giving Alexander a small wave of goodbye with a smile as he seemed pretty happy to stay sitting on the couch.

When they got to the room Sophia flopped herself onto the bed and let out a small sigh as she felt the weight come off of her bad leg, letting her rest in on the soft bed sheets "Yea... I agree. The last thing I want is to have your loving fathers brought into this. So lets get this cleaned up princess" she said with a small grin, quite liking the little nickname, but it was then she realized how far the two had come in such a short space of time... The two were dating after two days and though silly things like 'love at first sight' were nice to think about this did seem awfully quick "Hey Ophelia... We're not... Going too quick are we? Like... I know we've only known each other for two days. And I like you, I like you a whole damn lot I just... This seems a little unreal..." she said with a hint of worry in her voice "You get what I mean?"

"If you want my honest opinion, yes we are going a bit fast...but no I don't mind, I'm not a whole love at first sight type person but I like you a lot to...and if we like each other then why not date...I have told you things in two days that I haven't told anyone in my whole life..." Ophelia sat down in the edge of the bed next to Sophia and unwrapped her bandages on her leg. It hadn't look as horrible as it did last night but it still wasn't fully healed. "Plus how could I say no...I wouldn't even let anyone touch me without knowing me for quite sometime so you've come farther than most people I know..." She chuckled softly and started to clean her wound with the rubbing alcohol and Neosporin. She made quick and slow movements with the rubbing alcohol so that it hadn't hurt as bad then wrapped her back up once she was done.

"It took me two years to feel what I felt for Vincent and it took you two days...cassonova" she smirked and stood up from the bed putting the first aid kit back where it belonged in her bathroom. She walked back over to the new bed her father's replaced her old one with and gave Sophia a quick peck on the top of her nose. "Now you rest, the remote to the tv is in the bed stand, I'm gonna go help my dad make dinner" she smiled softly then walked out of the room slowly shutting the door behind her.

As she had her wound dressed Sophia winced as the alcohol stung the bite marks. Luckily though it seemed to be healing without infection and soon enough she'd be back to normal, maybe with a small scar or two. But you know what they say, chicks dig scars... Or did that only work on guys? Lost in her own train of thought, the blonde only half listened to Ophelia, satisfied with her answer about their speed, she was right, it wasn't like they were thinking of going further right now, the two were just two girls who were going out and liked each other a lot... Plus Soph got cute little gestures like pecks on the nose that made her smile like no way she had before.

But when her girlfriend left Sophia let out a sigh and leaned back on the bed, lazily leaning over to grab the remote before turning on the tv and flicking through the channels. It was then she swapped to the news, a reporter giving an urgent announcement "Two women by the names of Ophelia Folley, and Sophia Nah have been put on the watch list of the countries top police officers. The two detectives have been found guilty of killing their late chief for reasons unknown. The two are to be considered armed and dangerous and not to be approached. If any information is found on them immediately call 999 and report it in". With that Sophia's eyes went wide as she quickly shut off the tv, letting out a groan of annoyance. With any luck Ophelia's parents wouldn't watch the news...

"I think you two look perfect together...so why not get married Ophelia, you aren't getting any younger" her father was already bringing up the topic that they had just talked about. Getting married would have been way to fast especially with the situation they're in, when would they even turn the time to do that. "Dad we just recently started dating, marriage would ruin both of us and I know that for a fact" cause what if she wasn't attracted to women, or Sophia became attracted to someone else. Just the thought of seeing her with someone else made her a bit depressed. "Awe I really want a wedding for my baby girl, since your brother is staying in the single life...he doesn't even want to get married! Can you believe that?!" Ophelia shook her head sighing, her older brother was nothing but a player, but he had the looks so the more power to him.

"Well that's up to Bryce if he doesn't want a marriage, but I don't want it with Sophia right now...that's way to fast" she made her stand and looked at both of her father's seriously to know that's how it was going down. "Alright Ophelia...but don't be Bryce, marriage is down the line for you, you're too amazing not to get married." Ophelia couldn't help the smile that came on her face as she helped her father making the salad for dinner. But he was making something way more complex that she couldn't even wrap her head around. Maybe they could get married, once all this died off and they weren't being chased by the police force. She sighed looking down into the salad bowl and Ali heal looked I've at her noticing that something was off but not saying or asking about anything.

Soph let out a long sigh as she listened to the argument in the kitchen, snickering every time Ophelia got defensive, it was nice to hear that their family was close, and she found it cute to hear all the teasing she was getting. But over all Ophelia was more than right, the two hadn't been going out for more than a few hours technically, hell Sophia didn't know, with the way she was right now time seemed to pass by faster than ever. But hearing her ginger snaps say 'right now' was a good hint, Soph could see her in a dress, they'd probably look amazing on her... But... That was for another time... A waaaaay different time.

With their little conversation over Soph thought it best to get out of bed and maybe have a chat with the parents of her girlfriend. They seemed friendly and Sophia thought that she might as well get to know them, seeing as she was dating their only daughter. She made her way out from the bedroom, limping a little as she got used to her new bandage, making her way over to Alexander on the couch, giving him a small wave as the two sort of watched Ophelia and Micheal in the kitchen "You two are way too harsh on her, the poor girl will get married to whoever she's with when she's ready. And I'm sure she's going to look amazing in her dress" she said with a grin, giving Ophelia a thumbs up from the couch "But you two must be so proud. I've never met a girl so 'to the books' in my life" she half teased, wondering what stories she could get out of the parents to tease her new girlfriend.

Ophelia rolled her eyes listening to Sophia and smiled not even realizing that she was. She wouldn't look amazing in a dress because in all truth she had never worn one. It wasn't because she hated them or that she was a tomboy, it was because she never thought that she would look pretty in one so she never wore one. "Yeah I hope that person is you,I've never seen my little princess so happy...you make her glow...it's honestly pretty weird since the only person that has ever made her glow was Vincent, speaking of Vincent how is he?" Ophelia bit her lip with the question and kept quiet. How was the love of her life doing, plotting to kill her that's how he was doing. But she just smiled and started to cut of ingredients for the salad. "He's fine...told me that him and his girlfriend were planning a huge trip to the Caribbeans in a few weeks, lucky" of course she was lying since he hadn't spoken of a trip in a long time, and the last time they had talked about it..they were planning to go.

She kept quiet bitting her lower lip as she aimlessly started cutting the cucumber and cut her finger instead,
"Shit! Fuck! Ouch!" Micheal looked over at her when her heard such colorful language and shook his head as he looked at her now bloody finger. "Language young lady you were raised in a barn...hold on let me get the first aid kit" in her mind she cursed herself since Micheal hated the sound of cussing figuring it was in lady like. Alexander looked over Sophia and chuckled shaking his head, "Well you see she isn't 'to the books' when she isn't working...her biological father was so reckless when he was on the police force which is probably why she is the way that she is" Alexander sighed sadly but quickly pipped back up as he saw Micheal walk out of thei bedroom with a first aid kit in his hand. "Hey no speaking of you know who...Remember the rule Alex..." Ophelia looked between them and sighed as he came over to her and started cleaning her finger. "I'm not ten anymore talk about him if you want...I don't care"

Sophia got off the couch a little as she heard Ophelia swear after cutting herself, but soon slowly sat herself back down as her father seemed rather calm, if that was so then nothing too bad could have happened. But during the chaos she leaned over to Alexander and whispered "Ophelia and Vincent aren't exactly good friends right now... I... Wouldn't bring it up, it doesn't seem good" she said in a low voice, giving him a worried look as she began to talk rather loudly again "Well thank you. I just thought she always glowed, it's good to hear that I help in some way" she said with a grin as she looked over to her girlfriend, giving her a small wink as she lay back on the couch and let out a long breath, relaxing for what had to be the first time in a while.

But she then went silent as she listened to the little family conversation. To be honest Soph didn't even know that Ophelia had a different father as her biological one... Though it might have been brought up in conversation before... She couldn't exactly remember, but had just assumed they had gotten a mother to be a donor or whatever it's called. Not only that but her dad was a cop!? and reckless!? Like Soph!? It was like her whole world had been turned upside down as she looked at Ophelia with a surprise look smacked on her face "Wait... Your biological dad was a cop? I assumed Alexander here was the biological dad... You two look so similar" she said with a little bit of an awkward smile "sorry... If this isn't my place to butt in... But I don't know..." she blurted out, sinking into the couch as her words got tied in with each other, just not knowing what to say. Soph was so embarrassed about her little flub and her cheeks went bright red as she looked at her partner, eyes still as wide as ever.

"Oh no, I'm not her biological father...Micheal and I just fell in love with her personality and her looking like me was a plus" he chuckled at how embarrassed Sophia had gotten but looked up to see that Ophelia had gotten quiet. Even though she had said that she didn't care talking about her father had always been a sensitive topic so she never brought it up. Cause in ways it pissed her off and annoyed the hell out of her. "It's nothing serious, my dad was a cop and died...it's just that simple" she mumbled quietly letting everyone know that the conversation was dead. She didnt want to talk about it right now and made that known in her quiet tone.

"Okay well dinner is ready if you guys are hungry...I made a simple grilled chicken meal with my special sauce and vegetables..." Micheal sensed how quiet she had gotten and decided to change the subject before she pushed them away like she had last time for bringing up her father. "Ooh hun you made the special sauce, well everyone get ready to dig in, why don't you to go wash yourself up and then we'll eat" Ophelia took that advice and placed the salad tongs on the counter heading back to the room quietly without a word slamming the door behind her once she had gotten their. "Sophia, please talk to her...she gets a bit...emotional when speaking about her father" Alexander had whispered so that Ophelia couldn't hear them and nodded his head before they had gone back to their own room to wash themselves up.

Status
Not open for further replies.