"I Hate Everything About You"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ophelia watched her hobble out of the building and she wiped up the little blood spot followed behind her. Once she got to the door she locked it behind her and closed the door heading to the car. "Do you have something in here to help me clean that up...like a first aid kit" she reached over and breathed in through her nose as soon as she saw how close she was to Sophia to reach in the dashboard. Looking up at her Ophelia breathed out and moved back to her side of the car a little upset with both of them.

"I should yell at you right now for being such a hero...you should have let me help you and then this wouldn't have happened...now I feel bad because I'm your partner and I just stood there and let you get hurt..." Her voice was soft as she looked down at the key and started up the car and pulled out of the parking lot. Ophelia sighed and kept quiet as she turned on the headlights and drove back where they had come from. She had always blamed a bad partner, her biological father died because of a bad partner. So Ophelia had done everything in her power to not be that bad partner, but still had lost her previous partner.

"What would have happened if that...thing killed you, what if he ripped off your leg, w-what would have happened if..." As she got worked up Ophelia felt tears in her eyes. She hadn't known why she was crying, but she thought it was because she had already lost a partner and she didn't want to lose another. Then something deep down told her it wasn't that, it was because she had finally made a friend...and she hadn't wanted that friend to die on her as soon as they became friends. Ophelia took one hand off the wheel to wipe one of her eyes as she breathed out and kept quiet so that she could calm herself down.

Sophia shook her head slightly at the question, to be honest the car did used to have a first aid kit but all of its supplies had been used up and she didn't want to further worry her partner, just letting her drive "Nah... But don't worry, I think I've got it." she mumbled as she took the ravaged leg of her pants and ripped it up to just past knee level, tearing the fabric to soon have it wrapped around the wound tightly like a makeshift bandage. The pants were ruined anyway so it wasn't like they were going to be worn after today, she thought she might at well make use of it "See, good as new snaps. That should stop the bleeding" she said rather simply until she saw the worry on her partners face, it was clear this wasn't really a time for smiles and jokes.

Soph listened closely to her partner and instantly felt bad for putting herself at such a risk, it was obvious Ophelia wasn't used to having such a risk taking friend and was concerned about Sophia getting seriously hurt, the way she talked made the blondes heart ache, just imagine if she had died... What would Ophelia do?... She would be a total wreck "Ophelia I..." she started, feeling her own tears start to well up in her eyes. This was stupid... Why did she have to cry? "I'm so sorry... What I did was stupid and reckless I just did what I thought was right to protect you and get myself out as unharmed as I could. You did the best you could and I know you were scared. It's ok to be scared Ophelia..." she said softly, leaning over to give her arm a small rub, grabbing a tissue to rub away the tears from her cheek "It's ok..."

It was then Sophia felt it, a burning urge as she looked at her cheek that she'd just managed to dry. For some reason it seemed so desirable, she just seemed so... Adorable. Soph felt herself moving closer, her lips begging just to give her cheek a small kiss but alas she managed to pull herself back before she got too close, letting out a long sigh as her own cheeks burned red with embarrassment "Where are we headed partner? You going to drop me off at my place?" she asked curiously, watching the streetlights outside the window, a pang of regret in her gut.

"Yeah I'll take you back to your place just give me the directions...I'll clean you up there" Ophelia looked over at Sophia and breathed in before she reached over and did something a bit unpredictable. Ophelia had reached over and gave her cheek a small kiss, it wasn't a romantic one but a friendly one instead. One that Vincent would always give her. "Thank you...but I'm a big girl, I know how to protect myself" she looked over and smiled softly at Sophia before she put her attention back on the road.

It had been a wild and crazy night and she hadn't even known what that was. Cause it wasn't a man and it sure as hell didn't look like any dog she had seen. Whatever was going on was because of that company and she needed to find out exactly what was going on. She stayed silent though so that she could get them back near the police department, cause she kind of figured that her place was somewhere near there.
"I'm starting to think that cocky behavior of yours is just a way to flirt with people..."

"Oh my place is just an apartment on Summers ave. You know the one that's like two streets over from the police station" she said only to freeze as she felt the warm lips of Ophelia on her cheek. What the hell? Where did that come from and why did it only make Sophia's cheeks burn up even more. It was crazy and for the rest of the trip the two seemed to just sit in relative silence, it wasn't like Soph had nothing to say it was just... She had no idea how to say it... Why the hell was her partner, the fair skinned ginger girl, have to be so damn cute?

But when she piped back up Sophia managed to snap out of it "What do you mean?! I'm always cocky because I get results. See I might have hurt my leg a bit but the both of us made it out of there in one piece. Why, do you think I'm flirting with you?" she asked bluntly, crossing her arms across her chest "Because if I recall ever since we became partners you've been calling me a cocky ass." she said with a slight grin, that wasn't even mentioning the small kiss she'd just gotten, though Soph didn't really know she was over estimating everything, her mind a little blurry after the blood loss.

"Because you are a cocky ass, but for the time being your my cocky ass whether you were flirting or not" Opehila smiled and drove over to the apartments turning the car off once they had reached it. "Alright let's help you out of there, but you need to give me your keys so I can open the doors" she stood from the drivers side and walked over to help Sophia stand from the car. Of course she was still a bit upset but she would learn to get over it so that they could go forward in the case. How would someone believe the things they have to say when what they saw was so ludicrous.

"Alright let's get you up and out of here...don't need to stain these seats wth anymore blood" Ophelia had tried to make a joke as she opened the passengers side and wrapped her arm around Sophia's waist to help life her out of the car. "Tell me if you need me to slow down alright" she said as she began to walk making sure to keep her steps slow and steady.

Soph groaned a little as she was helped out from the car, letting out small 'oohs' and 'aahs' as she reached into her pocket, pulling out her keys and dangling them in front of Ophelia's face "gold one will get ya into the building..." she managed to make out as she and her partner shuffled their way towards the apartment, soon having the door open to let Soph hop away from her partner, making her way onto the couch to flop down onto its comfy leather, making her let out a long sigh as she kept her leg elevated. Luckily the bandage she had made from her pant leg was working, though she did feel that her knee was getting a little cold now that it wasn't covered.

"So I'm your cocky ass ey? Is that an invitation then?" she asked with a sly grin, not actually knowing what Ophelia was on about, but she'd roll with it "So are we going to go from at each others throats to dating in a single day? My you are full of surprises huh?" she teased with a small giggle, feeling a little loopy from blood loss "I've never dated a ginger before~" she chimed happily "First aid kit's under the sink by the way~"

"And you aren't going to date a ginger until you find another one...I meant your mine because I have to take care of you like a little child" she sighed and rolled her eyes figuring this was the blood loss talking. Ophelia went under the sink and got the first aid kit that she was talking about then went back over to the couch so that she could clean her leg up. "Okay this might hurt a bit alright...I'll make sure that it's not too bad" she had taken some rubbing alcohol out of the kit and a few cotton balls, then she doused the cotton ball in rubbing alcohol. After they were ready Ophelia smiled then blew softly on her legs then placed the cotton ball on all the places when she had seen the blood.

Wincing a bit she continued to clean up her leg then bandaged it up once she was done.
"Alright why don't we get you changed and into bed...do you need my help?" Ophelia was going to help as much as she could even if it wasn't that much she could do. She wrapped her arm around her waist again lifting her off the couch. "Tell me where your room is.."

Sophia pouted a little at being called a little child, glaring at her partner with squinted eyes "Hey!... I might have a crap leg but I can take care of myself" she almost growled, trying to retain some sort of pride as she watched Ophelia prepare the cotton balls, shutting her eyes tight to feel the stinging pain shoot through her body, making her yell in pain "Ahh shi... fuu... it freaking hurts!!" she yelped as she allowed her the other woman to clean her wounds before wrapping the clean bandage round and pulling her up off the couch. "Yea... Sleep sounds good..." she mumbled, pushing Ophelia's hand off of her waist once she was up "And no, no I don't need your help, I can do it on my own... Thank you..." she mumbled before hobbling off to a side room which was her bedroom.

It had been a long day and to be honest Soph was more tired now than she had been in a long time, surely Ophelia was too "Look snaps, if you want there's a spare bed, if you're as tired as me I don't think you should drive. Just pull out the couch I was lying on and it turns into a bed... If not then I guess I'l see ya at work tomorrow." she mentioned through the half closed door, getting herself changed into some comfy winter pajamas for the night. It would have been a lot easier to get into her PJ's if she had asked for help but... Even in her state Soph's pride was rather important. She was just a little upset her offer was taken as a joke...

"Alright then I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow..I'll leave the keys t your car and your home on the counter" Ophelia had no problem walking home even this late at night. In fact the walking would give her time to think because she felt that if she stayed here then the wrong mistake would have been made. She didn't want to use the fact that Sophia said sweet nothings when she was deprived of blood to take that chance. Plus the blonde had been right they couldn't go from being at each other's throat to in eac others arms that fast, and she still had a heart for Vincent even though he had a girlfriend.

Ophelia sighed and looked the door behind herself as she moved out of her apartment and walked back down the stairs. If her help wasn't needed there then there was no reason to stay, even though something told her that it was pride that kept Sophia from receiving her help anymore. Ophelia began to walk down the street crossing her arms over her chest since it was a bit chilly right now. Her apartment wasn't that far from here so the walk was needed as she began to think to herself. Why would a girl like Sophia want her anyways, she wasn't that pretty. Maybe she was just being a tease. Ophelia sighed to herself and started to chew on her bottom lip as she felt someone watching her, she stopped for a second to look around then Made a hasty retreat to her apartment hoping that she was only being paranoid.

{If you want to skip to the morning I'm fine with that}

Sophia was a little said as she watched Ophelia leave. She really did want her to stay and kicked herself for being such an ass when it came to asking for her help "Ok... Night" she said softly as she watched her go, feeling rather alone as the door closed, automatically locking to leave the blonde to herself for the first time since the morning. She really liked that girl, she knew it now. Soph had a craving for her like she'd never felt about anybody else, she liked every part of her from her uptight personality, her love for her job, all the way to little things like her button nose or the way she got all nervous so quickly. And as Soph felt herself become consumed by sleep she found her dreams filled with a certain red head who hadn't left her mind all day.

The next morning was difficult to say the least, and it was obvious that once again Sophia was going to be late to work, though for once it wasn't really going to be her fault. Getting out of bed, having a shower, even getting dressed was difficult and caused her a lot of pain and when Soph looked at the bite when she replaced the bandage it was clean, but the teeth had gone really deep into her skin and still bled on the occasion. But Soph did managed to make herself slowly out of the house, sporting a pair of jeans, a simple black top and a leather jacket, badge hanging loosely from her waist as she hobbled to work. She was going to get there about ten minutes late and as she opened the front door to the office she knew that today was going to be a pain in the ass.

It had been an eventful morning since she woke up and got dressed. Edgar was just jumping around as drunk her coffee, and kept harassing her as she got dressed as if he had known that something bad was going to happen. Then as soon as she got to work Ophelia had found herself in her bosses office. They talked about the case and since Sophia wasn't here she talked about what they had seen last night. And before she knew it a gun was in her face and she was holding her breath just looking at her boss.

"Damn Ophelia...why did you fall under the influence of that hoodlum! You were a good girl you two weren't supposed to see that, and now I'm going to have to kill two of my best people" she breathed in through her nose as he cocked the gun. Her first thought went to Sophia as she bit her bottom lip. "S-Sir we won't tell anyone I promise...just let me go please" he shook his head and there was a loud gun shot that had rung throughout the whole department and no one paid attention to, that no one seemed to care about.

As Sophia arrived she was informed she needed to go see the boss by the usual guy who's desk was closest to the front door. Typical... Soph had literally just got there an already she was going to be questioned about what she did yesterday, she guessed that her poor partner was probably the one who spilled but she couldn't really be mad. Poor Ophelia didn't know how to stand her ground as much as Soph did, not to mention they were going to have to tell the boss one way or another. But as the blonde made her way towards the office she noticed something strange. People were eyeing her oddly, her admirers didn't give her the usual smiles and work just seemed a little too quiet. Maybe they heard the boss yelling at Ophelia, poor girl...

But then as Soph made her way closer to the office she managed to see through the shutters, just barely. She could see the familiar orange hair that looked rather nice in the morning light... But speaking of the morning light Soph could see a glint of something... Sun reflecting off of a gun, a gun that was pointed at her partner. Without hesitation Sophia pulled out her own pistol as she neared the office, her boss was going to pull the trigger, she could see it in his eyes. And just as she saw his finger begin to clench down she fired. He bullet whizzing through the glass and into the chest of the boss. She watched as his figure collapsed to the floor before letting out a scream and firing again. If people wanted her dead they would want to hear two shots, it was obvious they were both planned to die.

But Soph slipped her way into the office, silence seeming to haunt her as she ran in front of Ophelia "oi snaps!" she whispered urgently, her hands on either shoulder of her friend "We need to run. This whole office seems to think we're dead but it's only a matter of time before they come up to see the boss like this. We need to go now" she continued, leaning in and placing a small kiss on the ginger's cheek "are you ok?"

Ophelia just stared in silence as her breath was caught in her throat. He had pulled a gun on her, her boss...her mentor had just pulled a gun on her and tried to kill her. Ophelia couldn't even register Sophia's voice until she looked up from feeling something soft on her cheek and heard her question. Was she okay, the one person she trusted just tried to kill her. "H-he's dead...he tried to shoot me Sophia...he tried.." Her body wouldn't move as her mind was telling her to get up and get the hell out of there. They had just killed a man, and it wouldn't have mattered if it was self defense or not cause it was the whole buildings word against theirs.

She stood up wobbling a bit as she fell into Sophia to keep her balance the. Stood up brushing herself off.
"How are we going to get out of here...if the office thinks we're dead...how could they think we're dead...we only found those people, how could they..." She kept quiet not even wanting an answer as she looked down at her feet. She had made friends with these people and they weren't even trying to react to the gun shots that were heard from his office. They just, hadn't cared anymore...or maybe they never cared to begin with. Then at that moment her mind went to Vincent, he was here today...and didn't even try to come and check out the noise of the bullet shot. "L-let's go..."

Sophia nodded and gave Ophelia a half smile. She wasn't happy about this situation, not one bit. But with her partner being so scared, so worried... She had to be the strong one, she had to be her rock now that their whole office was against them. But Soph knew that she would be there for Ophelia, no matter what. "I know darling I know" she said in a soft, almost motherly voice as she pulled the rattled partner into a hug, listening to her soft voice crack and stutter out to tell her that they should go, and she was right. They couldn't waste any more time.

Sophia pulled away from the hug and looked around the room. The last place they could go was out the front door to the office so that was a non option. They could bust out the window but that would be dangerous, a last resort maybe. It was then Soph felt a warmth, she looked up to see the air ventilation shaft. That would probably be their best bet. She looked to Ophelia and pointed upwards, letting her know of the plan "Ok Ophelia, I'm going to boost you up. You get in the vents and then pull me up. There's a vent exit in the car park so all we have to do is get out there and run. Ok?" she asked as she got herself into position to boost her friend, a slight look of worry on her face "Just so you know. I wont let any harm come to you. Ok?" she said with a small smile "We're in this together."

Ophelia just looked at her and gave her a weak smile as she nodded her head. Those words were her sanctuary right now and she seemed to need them more than anything. "I won't let anything happen to you either...we're in this together, my cocky ass" she nodded and looked down at her hands ready to boost her up and stepped in her hand letting herself get tall enough to push the vent open. Then she let Soohia boost her up the full way so that she could pull herself up and climb in. It had taken her a bit but she had gotten up into the vent and looked around. It was a tight space and was probably going to be a tight fit but they had to get out of here. Right now their lives depended on her being strong, she couldn't cry about the betrayal she felt right now.

Ophelia had stool her hand down as far as it could go with her staying out in the vent.
"Come on grab my hand now, I can pull you up" her voice had still been a bit soft but she tried to stand tall. Cause she was still hurt beyond words...how could these people turn on them so quick without even a thought. Their murders were supposed to happen today and no one was even going to give them a second thought wheich made her feel even worse. At this moment, she wished that she had never gotten this damned case.

Soph groaned a little as her leg strained under the weight of her partner, but it wasn't long before she had herself in the vents, a hand hanging down to grab her own. She gave a quick look behind her out of concern that others would come before grabbing Ophelia's hand, grabbing tight before the two got her into the vent. It wasn't quick and boy was it not easy. But they had managed to get themselves out of the office of the traitor, and that was all that mattered.

She was found herself panting a little as she sat in the vent, her face plastered with concern as she looked at her friend, shaking her head as she slammed her fist to the vent "The bastards... I can't believe we've been betrayed..." she scowled, suddenly going silent as she heard the office door open, a gasp escaping whoever it was who had come in "The boss is dead! Those two killed him and escaped!" they called out as Soph urged her friend to moved forward, listening to the office get into a bit of commotion as the two began to crawl, though it was probably the wrong time to notice, her partner did look rather good from this angle.

Ophelia couldn't even respond to her words as she kept crawling through the vents hoping to get out of there soon. Since she was very claustrophobic and this vent wasn't getting any bigger. Ophelia almost found herself hyperventilating but called her own self down as she breathed in slowly and breathed out through her nose. It wasn't long before they had reached the parking lot of the police department and Ophelia and pushed the vent out so that they could both get out. First she pulled her own self out then bent back down to help her partner out trying her best not to hurt her.

"I trusted those people...I took so much crap from those people whether I liked them or not...and they just made a plot to fucking kill us!" Ophelia had felt so hurt especially because of Vincent. He was just like the rest of them it didn't matter how many times he had kissed her cheek or told her how special she was, he just plotted to kill her with the rest. "We better get out of here...thought I don't know how you'll be able to run with your injury, are you going to need my help?" She looked back at Sophia and then looked back down. They just committed murder against a man that had wanted them dead, it's good they finally got along cause it would suck if they were stuck hating each other while they had to keep each other safe.

In her mind,
No one was trusted.

Sophia groaned slightly as she got out from the vent, her leg stinging slightly as she listened to her friends struggle. They were both now on the run from the law... The law that they trusted. They were now criminals and there was nothing they could do about it. It was only a matter of time before the police would send out squads to take them down. But dammit, if Soph still wasn't determined to get to the bottom of this. She made her way beside her partner and brought her into a side hug, gripping her tight as she slowly made her way towards the nearest car "Look... I have no idea... My brothers are all miles away and my parents live over seas... I don't have any family to go to, a place to hide we just... Need to drive" she managed to say, hiding the tears that streamed down her cheeks as they burned red with anger.

She opened the car and crawled in to the drivers seat, hot wiring the car to soon have the engine purring nicely "There... It's all you now..." she called out, crawling into the passengers seat and swinging her bad leg onto the dashboard. They just needed to go. They needed to go now and Sophia for once didn't have a plan. It was hopeless looking to her "And... If I ever do end up slowing you down. Save yourself." she said with a small smile, though her tears continued "I wont have you die because I fucked up"

Ophelia looked over at her and saw her tears. This was the hardest situation that's she's ever been in and that was saying a lot in her case. "Shut the hell up. I'm leaving you behind you aren't going anywhere...where I go you go, cause I swear I'll be pissed at you if you pull some heroic move just because you feel the need to protect me...I'll never forgive you if you decide that leaving me alone is the best move" she turned and stepped on the pedel of the car pulling out of the parking lot. Why did she have to be so difficult, always wanted to protect someone when they didn't need it. "We're in this together remember you said it first..."

Ophelia drove turning the opposite way of both of their apartments. They couldn't get any clothes cause that would be the first place that they looked for her and that was no doubt. So she made a right instead of a left and just kept driving. Her parents house wasn't that far so maybe they could stay there, she just had to keep that they were in trouble from them. "My dads live in Manchester it's only an hour from here...people wouldn't think to look there cause they no nothing about them, I tell them I grew up with my mother after my dad passed...but we can't speak a word of this to my dads" she looked over at her and couldn't even force a smile as she made sure not to turn around, cause if she had everything would have hit harder.

Soph let out a small groan and nodded, she would agree to her partners terms but knew, deep down that if she did become a hindrance she would rather take her own life than see her perish. She was too good for the world not to have, meanwhile Sophia was nothing more than a rebel and a rogue. Hell, she was the reason Ophelia was in this mess, because of her reckless abandon and persistence to get the job done as quick as possible. "Yea... we're in this together..." she said, mimicking her partner as they began the hours drive.

About half way there Soph awoke from a small nap she was having, again, the only thing she dreamed of was the girl next to her. She had to confess, for real this time. No loopy talking like last night, nothing. She had to confess, confess that the scarlet beauty was everything to her "Ophelia..." she started, biting her lip softly "I really like you... Well... Maybe more than that. In my dreams all I see is your beautiful face, during the day I'm so thankful to call you partner... I just... I want to go out with you. I want to know if you like me back or not if anything were to happen. I just want to know..." she said with a small smirk, shaking her head "You're smart, beautiful and amazing and I... Just want to be with you for as long as I can..." she said simply, looking away from her friend, every second beginning to feel like years.

Status
Not open for further replies.