"I Hate Everything About You"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only half true, her family wasn't accepted as any other family but it was a miracle that her father's could adopt. "Yeah we've made some progress...but it was confusing as a little girl, wondering why people used to throw hateful words at my family...sucks but people are afraid of what they don't understand" it was sad though, people quote a book they probably never read. A book that's outdated beyond means. But then again she had never really been to a church to celebrate the man they call God, that didn't make her a horrible person though.

Ophelia looked at her plate and reached in her jacket pulling out a box of cigarettes.
"I'm gonna go out for a smoke, if you want to join me feel free" she smiled and stood up from the booth heading outside. Smoking was a bad habit that she started in highschool, of course from peer pressure. Then it just followed her so everytime she was stressed, she put a cigarette in her mouth and lit it, and as much as she tried to quit or wanted to stop she never really had. Ophelia just stood there looking at the building across from the burger place with a cigarette lit in her mouth trying to put together just what the hell was going on.

Soph gave the girl an odd look when she mentioned smoking. She herself had never done it and assumed a woman she was partnered with would have been the same. Hell, she would of expected herself to smoke before thinking Ophelia would... It was strange, sort of out of character how a girl who had such a straight edge when it came to right and wrong, not to mention the person she had called a 'goodie two shoes' had just asked her if she wanted to smoke. It wasn't a habit Soph particularly liked, let alone one she wanted to partake in. But this was the last time she would want to start an argument with her partner now, seeing as the two were getting along so well.

Instead she shook her head, picking up her milkshake before heading out to stand beside her, taking a long sip of the drink as she stood next to her "When do you think we should go?" she asked curiously, watching the cancer stick hang from her new friends mouth, which made her give a disappointing look "And... Yea, I get what you mean with religion. I mean like, I have nothing wrong with others believing it and what not I just... Wish they wouldn't try and shove it down my throat... You know?" she said with a small smile, letting out a long sigh as she took another sip "It's been nice hanging out with you snaps, you're a pretty cool chick when you're not on the job y'know" she added, her smile only growing bigger "I'm glad we got past our differences..."

And he it came, the stupid nickname. "I knew telling you that story was going to have some sort of downside..." She saw the look that Sophia had gave her and it made her feel a bit bad. So she placed the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it crushing the small stick. "Religion is a tricky subject...I'm personally not a huge believer in the faith and some people would blame that on me growing up in a homosexual household, but I've had a resent of the lord for quite some time now..." It sounded horrible as she mentioned it out loud but it was true.

As soon as the big man upstairs took the only person she really cared about away from her she just stopped believing. Why would someone that was supposed to help you take away the person you cared about. Why would someone who had the power to help anyone not help her light, her hopes and dreams.
"But I love my family whether or not if my parents are gay, I wouldn't have it any other way...shrimp" Ophelia chuckled a bit after saying her child given nickname then started to think about her first question. "We'll wait until we see him lock the front door, I know how to pick a lock so when we get in we'll just probably have to pick the lock to his office then we'll have free reign of the whole building..." She looked over at her happy that they actually seemed to have gotten over their differences. No telling how long that was going to last though, hopefully it lasted quite a while.

Soph scrunched her mouth as her childhood nickname reared its ugly head. It had been a long time, and now she wasn't 'as' short. But she still didn't like it, it brought back too many memories of the brothers she loved dearly, but at the same time as a single, younger girl growing up with two older brothers life wasn't easy. Hell, they were probably the reasons she built herself this tough girl exterior. She flung her arm around her partner's shoulders and pulled her in to a side hug, giving her a small squeeze as she let out a long sigh "Hey, you believe in what you believe in. doesn't make it wrong, doesn't make it right" she said with a small chuckle as she gave Ophelia's arm a small rub.

"You know how to pick locks? My, you are full of mystery when you're off work aren't ya? First a bit of rebellious smoking and now I find out you pick locks? You're more hardcore than me!" she taunted with a small laugh, not realizing that her jab about smoking might not have been taken the way she intended, but she was clueless and only saw it as a harmless joke "Shouldn't be too hard. I saw hardly any security around when we went in last time, and at night there's probably going to be even less. I think if we just stay low and stay quiet we should be able to get in and get out without anyone noticing... This bit right now is the hardest part" she said with a smirk, taking a long sip of her drink "bloody waiting..."

Ophelia was a bit thrown off with the sudden gesture, in fact she even pulled away a bit since she hadn't really liked human contact. It wasn't because she hated anyone, she just hadn't liked to be touched. Mainly because of her father, being in the army and then the police force changed him a whole lot. And one major change, was that he never wanted to be touched, couldn't even stand the sight of humans hugging or showing affection. But she still gave her a small smile so she didn't have to fret over it too much.

"Hey...i just learned these skills when I was younger, well actually I started smoking my junior year of highschool...I was timid and not a soul would talk to me, until I put a cigarette in my mouth...then I was cool, but I always regret it since I can't remember anyone from my junior year..." It has always made her a bit upset how she was in highschool. Always trying to make friends with the wrong people, after a while she just stopped trying. No one liked her and that really hadn't hurt her, then Vincent came into her life and she really stopped feeling lonely. That man made up for the friends she missed out on, and could always keep her entertained. "I see someone's impatient...why don't we just go back in so we aren't just staring at the building..." Ophelia stuck the box of cigarettes back in her coat then opened the door to the place heading back inside then back over to their booth. This friendship probably wasnt friendship but she hadn't minded the company that Sophia was providing, but her dinner date with Vincent might have to take just a small rain check. And that's probably going to be a hard phone call.

As the two sat themselves back at their booth Sophia gave Ophelia a small shrug "Hey, it's cool. We've all done things as a junior we regretted. Doing something to fit in." she mentioned, nibbling a little on the chips she still had while she thought about how best it was to word what she wanted to say "Like... When I was in high school I really wanted to be one of the popular girls, the most popular guy in the school had a crush on me so I started dating him. For a few weeks I was the talk of the school, everyone loved me but..." she paused, looking away from her partner. To be honest Sophia didn't really know why she was telling this story, the two were hardly close and it was something she never told anyone. "When it came to it I... I just wasn't attracted to him..." she muttered, biting her lip softly "I wasn't attracted to any guy..." she said as she let out a long, deep sigh, looking exhausted from the whole story.

Soph then just went back to eating and drinking, cheeks as red as ever as she looked away from Ophelia "Guess... I can relate to your dads in that way..."she added, shaking her head. Maybe that's why she was ok with coming out to her partner, she had grown up with same sex relationships her whole life it just felt... Ok to say it out loud to her, but still, work was always on Soph's mind "boy... Wish the time would go a little quicker huh?" she asked, letting out a nervous laugh.

Ophelia had stayed quiet listening to her then figured it made more sense. There was nothing wrong with openly flirting but she had flirted with a female so it wasn't so surprising. She just looked up at her and raised an eyebrow sticking a chip in her mouth before she began to speak. "Why are you so nervous, what do you expect me to stick the word of God down your throat now?" She chuckled and rolled her eyes. Honestly it had made her a bit happy that Sophia had told her that. "You don't need to be nervous at all, I kinda figured if you weren't straight lesbian that you would be bisexual at least...remember I had seen you flirting with that desk lady" she smiled remembering that Sophia hadn't called it flirting, when in her book...it was.

"Everyone is a bit gay...no need to feel ashamed, I experimented in high school and college...dated three girls..of course we broke up because I couldn't find myself attracted to any of them...not because they were women but because their personalities sucked" then again what girl hadn't dated at least one women in her life. It was always a scare when you tried and actually found herself to be attracted to that woman. But in the household she grew up it hadn't mattered is she decided to get a sex change, her parents would have still loved her. And that's what she loved about her fathers, not because they were gay and they would understand, but because they were hateful human beings who tried to change everyone.

Soph slumped in her chair and breathed in deeply. Her partner was right, of course. She seemed to be right about most things in the long run, Sophia took a mental note to pay more attention to Ophelia in the future. But Soph then thought back to the desk lady from before. Had she really been hitting on her? It took a little while for her mind to piece the scene back together but she then smirked at the though "Oh that with the desk chick? Nah, It's a mental tactic. You see people get very flustered if they think someone finds them attractive, as long as you catch them off guard with it, bring it out of nowhere you know? It makes them spill info a little easier so I just turned on the charm. Not that she wasn't cute she just isn't my type" she said with a grin, slurping a little noisily on her drink as it finished, a look of annoyance plastered on the blonde's face as she looked down the straw to see nothing at the bottom.

"Meh, maybe you experimented but I never really tried guys. I just... Don't find them attractive. Not to mention there's a big difference between experimenting and actually committing. Like that guy you obviously have a crush on at the office. If you two started to date there wouldn't be a big deal. But if I started to go out with some chick every man and their dog would know" she said with a small shrug "I mean like, gossip doesn't really affect me but I wouldn't like the thought of my girlfriend being picked on." she said as she leaned back in the booth with a yawn, looking over at her partner lazily, just trying to wait until they could get to work.

Ophelia rolled her eyes at her statement and sipped on her milkshake that Sophia seemed to be out of. "Oh you have a type do you? And what might that be?" She asked raising her eye brow a bit. Go her Sophia was the type that would take consideration into who she slept with. But wouldn't put that much thought into it, like she would just do her bidding with anything that was acceptable. Yes, it was a horrible thought from her perspective and the flirting she wasn't owning up to, it was the perfect thought.

Then she brought up Vincent and her cheeks turned cherry red.
"Oh shut up...I don't have a crush on Vincent...we're just close friends" the thought of it made her cheeks redder since she has probably had the longest crush on him. Of course there was a downside or effect with liking him, and his was horrible. "Plus he already has someone so we couldn't date anyway..." Ophelia had stirred her drink around just thinking about his beautiful girlfriend with the normal hair color and normally beautiful face. A small sigh escaped her lips as she bit her bottom one softly just drifting off into thought.

Soph couldn't help but smirk at her partner, shaking her head as she too rolled her eyes. To be fair she didn't actually know how to classify her type, there were a lot of things she liked in a woman, but that was for Sophia herself to think about and for Ophelia to not know of, surely if Soph spilled her new partner would constantly point out other girls that 'fit her type'. Or worse... She might even have friends and try to hook the two up. The thought made Soph shudder as she soon brought herself back to reality, only to see that her partner was now the one who was 'off with the fairies'.

She leaned over and gave her friend a poke in the shoulder to snap her out of it, grinning as she did "Can you stop dreaming about your crush while I'm trying to answer your questions?" she asked with a small smirk as she leaned back into her chair "And I bet you would like to know my type hm? I thought you said those were just experimentation huh?" she teased, letting out a small laugh "what about poor Vincent? Wouldn't he get lonely not being able to flirt with you" she added, biting her lip to stop herself from bursting out with laughter.

Ophelia looked at her and puffed her still red cheeks. She was getting a bit too cheeky and it was this sudden friendship that was making her this way. Of course she wouldn't date Vincent because they were coworkers, and because he already had a girlfriend. But Ophelia found it a bit funny how she went to joking around as soon as Ophelia asked about her type. So that either meant she didn't want her to know or she didn't have a type, which would have been stupid since she knew that girl wasn't her type.

"Oh really like you would be my first choice if I decided to be full blown lesbian, I think I would choose someone who doesn't flirt with random women to get answers she didn't even need" Ophelia chuckled sipping on her milkshake once more until it was gone. Why did she even want to bring up Vincent, her personal love life hadn't mattered...she didn't even ask the girl to tell her about her love life and who she preferred out of the genders. "And Voncent has a girlfriend to flirt with, and plus we don't even flirt, how the hell would you know anyway...he's just a friend and that's it, nothing more" she became flustered again as she leaned back in the seat. This was stupid, she didn't even want to talk about this so she stood up happily and went to the cashier asking for a cup for some water. Once she had gotten the cup she poured some soda insde then went and sat back down crossing one leg over the other.

Letting out yawn Soph stretched her limbs as her partner left, chuckling to herself as she watched her partner go to get a drink. She was a good person to tease and seemed to blush at just about everything. It was even a little cute how she was when being casual. But as she came back Sophia stood up and started collecting their things "Well obviously you need a little space on your own Ophelia. Your cheeks are as red as roses so I think I might have teased ya a little too much. I'l wait in the car ok?" she said as she gave her partner a small wave, putting her hands in her pockets as she made her way out the door into the darkening day.

once she got to the car she jumped in and put her feet up on the dash, snuggling up to her seat a little bit as she yawned again. Today had been a long day and one that actually hadn't ended with somebody being upset, which was unusual for the rather 'against the rules' cop. But there was so much more to do and she could easily piss off Ophelia in that time, stealth was never Soph's forte but with the red-head at the helm the two should come out the other end ok. But for now she turned on the music and shut her eyes, planning on taking a little nap before the operation begins.

This girl hadn't even known her but knew how to make her blush in the right ways. Which had been extremely weird since she hadn't blushed in a while. Ophelia had watched her leave and started to chew on her lower lip thinking, she's your co-worker...thinking anything could break so many rules about fraternizing with co-workers. She sighed and sat there for a bit rolling her eyes at herself, this was stupid, just because they had become friends didn't mean a damn thing...her job still meant more. Ophelia stood from her seat and walked out to the car then smiled softly as she saw her sitting with her eyes closed, figuring that she had fallen asleep Ophelia got into the car and waited just watching the building from across the way, her own eyes eventually closing.
~ (Time skip...so they aren't sitting in the parking lot)

She had gotten a good two hours of sleep before she woke up and saw that she had drool on the side of her cheek. Sighing to herself she wiped it up seeing that Sophia was still asleep she just started the car up then drove over to the building after seeing the last car drive off the lot. Once Ophelia had gotten the car parked she tapped Sophia's shoulder softy to wake her up so that they could finally get started. "Hey...Sophia wake up, I'm about to get the door open okay..." Her voice was soft as she opened the door then shut it behind her heading the door. She had looked around then bit her lip as she pulled a bobby pin out of her hair then bit both of the tips off sticking it into the key hole. It had taken her a few minutes as she moved it around then once she heard a click a huge smile spread on her face as she opened the front door and looked back waiting for Sophia.

• Love
Reactions: SteelMoon
Soph didn't really dream often. But the whole time she slept she felt an odd warmth within her. Something that she hadn't really felt about anything else. She was thinking of her new partner, her new friend Ophelia. But she just... didn't know what it all mean. Was it because the two had spent nearly the whole day together on this case? Was it because... maybe the two had made such a turn around, hating one another when they first teamed up and now they were talking so closely about their lives and upbringings... Maybe... But Sophia couldn't really make any real answers out of the whole thing, she only knew a picture of Ophelia's smile. Her sweet yet, rarely appearing smile... It was cute... She as a whole was rather cute...

But it was then she was poked awake, only the see the face she was dreaming about right in front of her softly speaking to her about something or other. To be fair as she pealed her eyes open she was still mostly asleep "Yep... Yea that's sweet" she mumbled as she fuzzily watched Ophelia leave the car, heading over to the front door of the F&Co building and fiddling with the lock. It was a lot darker than when Soph and nodded off, but slowly she pushed herself up in her seat and let out a long yawn, pushing open the door of the car and sliding herself out. By the time she had made it over to her partner she had already gotten the door open and was grinning proudly at her. Sophia rustled her hair as she passed by and made her way into the building, punching in the code for the alarm system lazily before looking over at her partner with half shut eyes "Dumb chick had the code on her desk. Told ya getting a little close is sometimes needed" she said with a lazy grin, opening the door for her partner and giving a small bow "after you ms.Snaps" she teased, a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"And aren't you just the cocky one...the poor girl couldn't help that she had someone flirting with her" Ophelia smirked walked into the building looking around. It had seemed so different at night, the building seemed cold and bare. Of course it was because had lived and weren't breaking into t-shirt companies in their free time. A small sigh escaped her mouth as she walked over to Frenchy's office and bent down picking that lock. It hadn't taken her as long as it has with the front door but once she got in she looked around a grabbed the keys that she had seen hanging.

Ophelia Wales out of the office swinging the key ring on her pointer finger with a smile and a wink.
"You aren't the only one who has a few tricks up her sleeve, and can throw a few winks here and there...I can even bite my lip sexily if it's needed" she bit her lower lip with another wink as if to prove herself then went over to the weirdly placed door that she had seen. It wouldn't have been so weird if if hadn't looked like it had a hallway of its own and was just there I the front beside the desk. In fact Ophelia had felt a little bit of fear as she looked for the key that went into the key hole. What if they were caught right now, what if the thing behind this door wasn't pretty,what if something horrible was behind the door...what if there was nothing behind it. All these questions whirled around in her head as she finally found the correct key and heard the door unlock. Her heart began to beat faster in her chest as she locked her dried lips, what if was now going to be her reality...and she really hoped that nothing was behind this door.

When Ophelia left it seemed as if Soph was just waking up, letting out another yawn and stretching in the dark foyer of the shirt warehouse. She looked behind her and slowly shut the door to not let in the night's breeze. It was a bit chilly and she felt a small shiver go up her spine, though the whole atmosphere of this place probably didn't help... For now she was alone and the wind battered against the door of the place, making it rattle which got her a little unsettled. But it wasn't like she hadn't been in worse places before. Hell, she was known for coming out of situations she shouldn't have alive, usually with somebody slung over her shoulder. Hell, it was the reason she had her scars here and there.

But as her partner arrived she gave Soph a wink and a small bite of the lip, catching her off guard and making her cheeks burn a bright red. What was that!? and... How did she manage to look so damn cute while doing it? Either way she shook her head and made her way to the door, Ophelia looking rather shook up about the whole situation "Hey, don't worry. I'l head in first. You just follow up behind me" she said with a smile, patting the gingers shoulder as she pushed past the door.

Oddly enough right in front of her were stairs that led straight down into the darkness. Soph let out a small sigh and patted the wall for a light switch but unfortunately there was none. But looking down the twisting steps she could see a small light at the bottom. Maybe it would be easier to see down there. She pushed off the doorstep and headed down slowly, descending further and further for what felt like forever. The steps seemed to never end and as she got to the small light she felt a string brush against her cheek. A light switch? Actually from here she could hear whimpering... Almost dog-like, though it could easily be human. Pulling down on the string the lights blared on, giving view to a room full of dead people. Her eyes went wide as she scanned the room but her jaw dropped when she spotted the man laying on the floor, shivering. she made her way up to him and tilted her head, giving the room a quick count up these bodies must have been the missing people. Including the one left alive "Sir... Are you ok? We're the police. We're here to help" she said softly, not noticing the beast-like claws or fur protruding from his arms, face and legs.

Ophelia had smiled and looked up at her when she offered to go ahead of her. Of course the whole thing had been dangerous to her but she was just going to let it pass and get down their with her partner. After Sophia had walked down the stairs Ophelia had followed right behind her feeling as if the long winding stairs were going to continue on forever. Then she had heard her voice and saw the lights above them blare on. The man in front of them had looked injured and it looked that he would need medical attention but something was a bit thrown off. And that feeling hadn't gone away so Ophelia pulled her gun out and walked slowly towards the man.

What had caught her off guard was when he had stood up. He looked like a monster, there was fur everywhere and he looked as if he was the big bad wolf and they were his three little pigs. "S-Sophia....g-get down...he doesn't look so happy to see us" her gun was still held up in her hands as she approached the man who seemed to keep his calm deemnor. Which was good on their part...but he was still not human and whatever the hell was going on needed to be explained quick fast and in a hurry. But in a quick flash everything had seemed to change and there was a deep and animalistic growl that seemed to come from the beast that stood in front of him and before she had known it he was down on all fours looking at them as if they were his next meal.

Ophelia felt a small gulp in her throat as she pushed Sophia and herself to the side when the beast began to run towards them.
"Okay we've got to get the hell out of here I've seen enough" she squeaked a bit with her words then turned to look at the man that was walking around them as if he had seen his pray.

((Sorry the last paragraph was short...just didn't want to continue on cause then I would have to control your character))

Soph watched the beast with wide eyes as it slowly became clear to her what was actually in front of her. This wasn't a man, nowhere close... This was a monster... An animal... and they were going to end up it's next meal if they weren't careful. But Soph found herself frozen, unable to move as she watched, her eyes darting around the room as she saw the other victims, a woman with scales on her neck and eyes that were slits like some sort of serpent, another girl who looked like bark was growing from her face, some guy with a tail protruding behind him... This was horrible, like some sort of horror movie... But luckily it seemed all the other victims had been eaten by this one, the one that was looking at them for his next taste of flesh.

But it was then she was pushed to the side that Soph found herself snapping back into reality. Where they were was a real bad spot and the monster that was in the room with them seemed to be blocking the only exit. The two women stood close together as Sophia listened to her partners worried voice "No you're right. I'l get us out of here." she said as she took in a deep breath, grabbing Ophelia's hand tight.

It was quick but Soph ran towards the beast as it lunged at the two of them, without warning she arced her foot round and hooked the monster right in the teeth as they sunk into her leg. It hurt... It hurt a whole damn lot but as the werewolf looking beast flew to the side she had no real reason to keep thinking about the pain, pulling her partner along with her as she pushed up the stairs, blood dribbling down her leg from the large bite marks left. It probably wasn't anything serious but it sure hurt a whole lot. Soph looked back and wasn't able to see their hunter but she could see her red headed comrade, giving her a small smile of reassurance "once we make it to the top, shut the door and call the station. We have this case wrapped up" she said while continuing to power up the stairs, not daring to slow down now.

Ophelia had looked at her confused not even knowing how she was going to get them out of here. But as she felt Sophia's hand grasp onto hers a small bit of blush came across her cheeks. This definitely want the time to be blush all over herself and she knew that, but for some reason she just couldn't stop. Then everything happened at once, the large beast had lunged towards them and she saw Sophia's foot attack right at the monsters teeth...then she saw the blood.

Sophia had been bleeding but she still led her up the stairs, and still had the nerve to get her a smile. Of course she was upset but she was upset that Sophia wouldn't let her help. So at this point calling the station meant nothing to her cause she wasn't going to do it. "No we're going to get you cleaned up and then we'll talk with the boss in the morning." She hadn't wanted to go against what Sophia had said but if the blonde hadn't had blood streaming down her leg then she would have agreed with haste. Ophelia continue to climb up the long stairwell of steps and once they had finally reached the top she slammed the door behind them and locked it with the key she had gotten.

"Okay just wait here I'll put the keys up and I'll find a napkin or a lot to keep that wound covered...you think you can stop being a hero for a second to let me clean that up?" Ophelia asked with a small smile as she turned away from her partner and went back into the office putting the keys up. She looked around a bit to see if the man and known anything about what was happening in his own company then sighed seeng nothing. Grabbing a few of his tissues and turning off the light behind her, Ophelia had made it out of his office and walked back up to Sophia holding the tissues up. "Why don't you walk out first and I clean up the blood behind you?" After she said that Ophelia had jumped squealing a bit as she heard whatever was on the other side of that door start pounding and beating on it with force as if he was about to break it down. Ophelia wouldn't be able to handle it if he had broken that door down so she turned to Sophia and looked at her with her light green eyes that were telling her to hurry it up.

It was strange but Soph couldn't feel any pain in her leg as her partner slammed the door shut and fussed over the rather deep cuts. But with the way the blood trickled down her leg she wondered how she could possibly be fine. But as Ophelia left her in the foyer her eyes went wide as pain shot all through her body, starting from her cuts on her right leg and pulsing up the right side of her body, it was agonizing how much pain she was in and within seconds she could feel her leg going numb from the pain. It must have been all the adrenaline that had kept the pain at bay and now they were in a safe spot and she had calmed herself down she was feeling pain like no other. But she couldn't scream in pain... She just couldn't... It would probably end with her bringing attention to the two of them which would jeopardize the mission. So she stood there and waited for her partner to get back.

As Ophelia got back she was already hobbling towards the door with a small smile, though in her voice was pain that she could only grit her teeth and bare with "Don't worry snaps... I've got no plan to be a hero... But you're gonna have to drive..." she managed to grunt out as she turned to look away from the red head, pushing the door open and hobbling out towards the car. The night was cold and the streets were baron, it was rather lucky that the two were going to have such a simple exit.

When she got into the car Sophia pushed herself inside, wincing in pain as she lifted her bad leg up onto the dash, her hands wrapped tight around the cut to try and prevent the blood from further spilling, though for some reason the only thought that ran through her head was how upset she was that her pants were now torn, bloodied and ruined. But another thought crossed her. As she looked into the still open door she felt a small warmth was over her as she remembered her partner and how adorable she found it that she was so worried for her well being. But there was something more than that... She could swear that deep down she felt something weird, something different about the woman she was now partnered with... Something that made her happy throughout. But right now she just couldn't put her finger on what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.